Over 300!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
foobar75 said:
It has been a good day so far. TDs by Woodhead, Kuhn, Gronkowski, Blair White, Owen Daniels, Jordy Nelson, Jacob Tamme, plus some good QB play today, so the only negative is Hillis, unfortunately. He looks like a shadow of his self from earlier in the year, and has not looked very good the last few weeks. Maybe the weight of carrying the team all year and being the focal point of opposing defenses has finally taken its toll. Let's hope he goes out on a high note against PIT next week.

It would be nice if Hillis ever had a hole to run through. . .

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rushing TD by Tebow! Broncos lead 24-23 with 3 minutes left.

foobar75

Master
Don Wassall said:
foobar75 said:
It has been a good day so far. TDs by Woodhead, Kuhn, Gronkowski, Blair White, Owen Daniels, Jordy Nelson, Jacob Tamme, plus some good QB play today, so the only negative is Hillis, unfortunately. He looks like a shadow of his self from earlier in the year, and has not looked very good the last few weeks. Maybe the weight of carrying the team all year and being the focal point of opposing defenses has finally taken its toll. Let's hope he goes out on a high note against PIT next week.
<div> </div>
<div>It would be nice if Hillis ever had a hole to run through. . . </div>

Yes, bad line play and lousy play calling, plus an overall lack of other offensive threats have all contributed to this. If you look at every other top RB in the league, they have plent of help.

Anyone watching the Packers game? I think the Green Bay fans have taken a liking to John Kuhn. And they want him to get more touches, ahead of Brandon Jackson.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree. John Kuhn should be getting alot more chances just like Danny Woodhead. It's a shame that they are both underused. They both are very good at what they do even though they get it done in different ways.

I am so pumped to watch Tebow shutting up the critics. His game winning run for the td was a thing of beauty. I love how he just froze and juked the defense and then just outran the last guy left into the end zone. This guy could end up being the next Steve Young. I'm so happy he is finally getting to play. Tebow will be the most popular qb in the NFL very soon if he isn't already. I've never seen any guy hated more that Tebow. But for all his haters, he has many more people who love and admire him. A true class act on and off the field! Tebow Mania running wild!!!Edited by: white lightning

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
93 yards rushing on 13 carries with a TD...plus 32 yards receiving for Danny (125 yards total offense).

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Even the inebriated "cheese head"Â￾ fanboys recognize that John Kuhn is drastically more talented than Brandon Jackson, Dmitri Nance, and that obese black fullback. They continually chant his name during games, especially in the red zone.

It's been quite comical to watch Jordy Nelson and John Kuhn burn "hard ass"Â￾ Tom Coughlin's New York Giant(lips) defense. Hawk had an interception and Matthews had a critical strip of the pudgy Brandon Jacobs.

Maybe it was their rookie punter's fault again?

Its a complete white out in Green Bay. Whether it be Rodgers, Kuhn, Jordy, AJ Hawk or Clay Mathews, every time I look up, a White athlete is making a huge play or a TD.

foobar75

Master
Great to see Tebow lead the Broncos to victory with a superb effort. Also, although I like Eli Manning, I'm happy to see GB destory the Giants. I think they should beat CHI next week and make the playoffs.

IND got a must win today against OAK, and should beat lowly TEN at home next week to clinch the division. I'm hoping NO can come thru in these next 2 weeks to get the final wild-card spot, instead of TB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Matra1 said:
Troy Smith's freak-out at Singletary was astonishing. I've never seen a QB shouting as angrily as that at his own coach.

To what should be the surprise of no one here, Smith's meltdown is being handled very gingerly by ESPN and the NFL Network. "Quarterbacks and coaches have these kinds of disagreements often" seems to be the consensus. By contrast, when Jeff George barked at his head coach on the Falcons (June Jones if memory serves) on the sidelineit was treated as a major event, with clips of it shown for years afterward, and still makes "major meltdown" lists.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
Great to see Tebow lead the Broncos to victory with a superb effort. Also, although I like Eli Manning, I'm happy to see GB destory the Giants. I think they should beat CHI next week and make the playoffs.

IND got a must win today against OAK, and should beat lowly TEN at home next week to clinch the division. I'm hoping NO can come thru in these next 2 weeks to get the final wild-card spot, instead of TB.

New Orleans is not the Seattle Blackhawks (NO offense, no pass-rush and can't tackle RBs; Where are you Aaron Curry?).. I think the media will be very disappointed when New Orleans defeats Tampa in week 17.

New Orleans could beat Atlanta tomorrow as well, and that would clinch a berth.

San Fran lost wiff Troy Smiff, Blacksonville lost at home because of a Garrard pick in OT, Oakland lost wiff Campbell. And, Matt Cassel should get MVP votes! A GOOD DAY!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'd like to share a few thoughts i had during/after this week's games ...

1) i wonder about the "official" explanation for the ignoring of Jordan Shipley in today's Cincy offensive attack. missing their top two wideouts, you might think the Bengals would lean on their #3 wideout more heavily today, especially since the rookie has shown terrific playmaking ability... but instead Shipley was only thrown at twice, albeit one was completed for a short touchdown. meanwhile Jerome Simpson (and his two total catches all season) was the focal point of the Cincy aerial attack. that seems very, very strange to me.

2) i wonder why Eric Weddle gets virtually no media recognition. is there a better defensive back in the NFL? i certainly can't think of one. not only does he have elite cover skills (and i'm not talking "for a safety"), he is possibly the most sure-tackling safety in the league. today he had 16 total tackles (11 solo) and broke up the one pass thrown his direction while he was in man coverage. yet, virtually no mention of his name has been seen or heard in all the postgame chatter, or during the season for that matter.

3) i wonder why none of the talking heads or the "talent evaluating experts" ever mention the lack of speedheld byGiants "not a fullback" Brandon Jacobs ... Clay Matthews effortlessly tracked him down from behind before forcing the fumble. either Matthews is MUCH faster than he's given credit for, or Jacobs is much slower. hmmm ... if the seconddescription is accurate, one wonders why he's a "tailback" orwhy there aren't more big White tailbacksto be found since elite speed isn't apparently necessary.
smiley2.gif

4) i wonder how fast Jacob Tamme is. after all, Dan Dierdorf repeatedly pointed out that the Raiders safeties were among the fastest in the league. yet neither one of them could stay apace with the fleet-footed Colts tight end.

5) i wonder why Nick Miller has not been given a chance to earn a starting spot (or even a spot in the rotation) at wide receiver for the Raiders. it's certainly not because he doesn't have the speed, because he reportedly runs a 4.26 40. it's not because he can't catch, because he completely dominated as the team's best wideout in the 2009 preseason, looked impressive again in the 2010 preseason when he was healthy (he missed the 2009 season due to a fracture in his shin), and played marvelously this year in the one regular-season game he was allowed to see time at wide receiver. and it's notlikethe Raiders have a bunch of talented guys ahead of him, because they don't.

consider this: going into today's game against the Colts, the Raiders had only one wide receiver who catches more than 50% of the balls thrown to him. only one! and Louis Murphy (the aforementioned wideout) is only a single catch ahead of the pace. the "exciting" Darrius Heyward-Bey, who is the other starter, catches a mere 39% of the passes thrown his way ... and he doesn't get a lot of passes thrown to him either, if you catch my drift.
smiley2.gif
conversely, in limited time, Nick Miller has caught 3 of 4 passes thrown toward him, including a 32-yarder that set up a touchdown. the two White tight ends for the Raiders (Zach Miller and Brandon Myers) are the only other non-running backs who catch more than half of the passes thrown toward them.

compare this to the Colts' receiving corps whereevery single pass catcher on the team (even the abysmal Garcon) catches more than half of the passes throwntheir way, led by Austin Collie at an amazing 81%.

now some of thisis due tothe abysmal play of the black quarterbacks on the Raiders, but surely even that can't explain all of the terrible numbers. so why hasn't Nick Miller gotten a shot?

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3DQ4GXXq9Q[/tube]

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS8GLMyt3_o&amp;feature=fvw[/tube]

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8id9FwwJpoc&amp;feature=fvw[/tube]

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
After Jordy Nelson fumbled, was he benched? Now, I wasn't watching the whole game, but it seems like he "reappeared" near the end when he made that catch-and-run inside the 10-yard-line.

Justin Tuck was using some good moves, but Bulaga needs to step-up.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Man I wish the Packers GM and coach would grow two pairs and bring in Jake Sharp and use a Kuhn and Sharp Powerback/scatback combo. Anger may ensue from the black backs, but if the coaches actually got things under control it WOULD give GB a MUCH better chance of winning the Superbowl. The Packers receiving core still being mostly black dominated could allow the Packers to escape the "white favouritist" offense- media/ DWF BS hoaxing that could ensue (even in a 75% white country
smiley5.gif
). However, the Packers' coach and GM just don't have the gumption to do this. Kuhn clearly looks like the best every down back on the team the last two weeks. The other two backs that played today have sucked and Starks has disappeared after one nice performance three weeks ago.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to compliment JC on his great analysis of the caste system. As always his reasoning and facts are too much for the DWFs, Maximuses and Brutuses of the world to skew. Could JC's great analysis make the CS any more obvious to the lame brained DWF? Wake up sheeple!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
<div>5) i wonder why Nick Miller has not been given a chance to earn a starting spot (or even a spot in the rotation) at wide receiver for the Raiders. it's certainly not because he doesn't have the speed, because he reportedly runs a 4.26 40. it's not because he can't catch, because he completely dominated as the team's best wideout in the 2009 preseason, looked impressive again in the 2010 preseason when he was healthy (he missed the 2009 season due to a fracture in his shin), and played marvelously this year in the one regular-season game he was allowed to see time at wide receiver. and it's not like the Raiders have a bunch of talented guys ahead of him, because they don't.

If Nick Miller was a stock I'd buy plenty of shares because when JC gets on a guys bandwagon you know he's the real deal. (ie propping Peyton Hillis way BEFORE he got his chance).

Wristshot

Danny Amendola came into today's game leading the league with 2,042 yards total offence, a 147 yards more than the next highest player. This week he led the league as of Sunday night with 257 yds total offence bringing his season total to 2,299.
He will probably the first white player to lead the league in this department for some time, and he is definitely a big part of the Rams resurgence.Edited by: Wristshot

snow

Mentor
FootballDad said:
Hey ToughJ, we don't get to watch Toby tonight, the game has been POSTPONED until Tuesday night because of a "snow emergency". I guess that they didn't want to have the possibility that conVick would look bad playing in the snow. Tom Iron can now post a new DISGUSTED thread, and I'm sure everyone will post in agreement!

even dwfs are suspicious of this move, but most claim "its to buy time for Favre to get healthy", in reality Vick would look like crap in the snow, DeSean Jackson would be slipping as well as McCoy while Gerhart would have an advantage, I think Favre isn't even close to being able to play, but it does mean the Eagles get less days before they play Dallas, who had a Saturday game.

"Being just a bit over an hours drive from Philly, it's not that bad,
right now. Although it did just start, it's not nearly as windy as they
said it would be, and how many games have been played in much worse
conditions anyway. I mean 6-12 really isn't that terrible of a storm.
It's gonna be a pain in the ***, but really no reason to post-pone a NFL
game. NFL.com is reporting the storm could dump 20 inches over eastern
PA...no where have I've seen a local report around here even mention
anything over 12"

"this is ****in bs. since when does the nfl cancel games because of this
bs. I live in nj i should take a picture for you guys. its not snowing
hard. im angry i thought lightning was the
only cancelation
excuse?
"

<div style="font-style: italic;">"Has the super blizzard started yet?</div>

Yep just 60 miles west of Philly here and it started about 2 hours
ago...the roads are still just wet. I can still see some grass in my
backyard.
"

There is someone from that neck of the wood on this site, the weather isn't as bad as the NFL is reporting is it?

foobar75

Master
Does today/this week represent a new high watermark in terms of white players scoring TDs? It sure felt that way ever since I started following this more closely a few years ago. By my count:

Jason Whitten (1)
John Kuhn (3)
Jordy Nelson (1)
Owen Daniels (1)
Jordan Shipley (1)
Danny Woodhead (1)
Rob Gronkowski (2)
Blair White (1)
Jacob Tamme (1)
Zack Miller (1)
Tim Tebow (1)
Ben Roethlisberger (1)

That's 15 TDs (unless I missed anyone else). It has to be a season high for sure, and highest in many, many years.