2009 Pre-Season

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Redskins will probably only start 3 whites during the regular season. 2 white o line men and Chris Cooley. Jason Campbell will be the starting quarterback even tough Colt Brennan is much better. No whites on defense except Reed Doughty as a backup safety. Disgusting!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chase Blackburn is always all over the field. He makes all the tackles he is supposed to yet never gets an oppurtunity to start unless other affletes are injured. Bulls--t!!!!!!!!!!

backrow

Hall of Famer
nice TD on a screen pass for David Anderson. Texans are joy to watch on offense, two white receivers and 2 TEs. and that's their starting set up, too! (plus Andre Johnson, of course).

green fire317

Banned
i appreciate the updates gentlemen. yeah, whiteathlete i agree chase blackburn is good and is a victim of the caste system.

DWFan

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
  Surprisingly both announcers are white, though classifying Caste System loving Joe Theisman as white is arguably a stretch. 

Checking for posts here is more fun than watching the current NFL anyday.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:

Dang right, DWFan! I'm kind of glad I don't have many channels in that regard, although I wouldn't mind seeing Houston's offense on the field.

DWFan

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
DWFan said:
Dang right, DWFan! I'm kind of glad I don't have many channels in that regard, although I wouldn't mind seeing Houston's offense on the field.

I hope they do well this year.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this board has better football analysis than any sports network. There is a lot of talk that Jacoby Jones or Andra Davis would replace Anderson at the slot WR. I don't think so. Why did the Texans resign him then? Anderson is far and away better than both of them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jack Lambert said:
Yeah, this board has better football analysis than any sports network. There is a lot of talk that Jacoby Jones or Andra Davis would replace Anderson at the slot WR. I don't think so. Why did the Texans resign him then? Anderson is far and away better than both of them.

That was the exact same talk two years ago when the media and DWFs were up in arms that Kevin Walter was the second receiver instead of the "dazzling" rookie Jones and the "electric" Davis. Hopefully Kubiak will stick with Anderson in the slot and he'll continue to get better and shut up the DWFs this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hillis just had a 32 yard run called back on a holding call. But he's been playing mostly FB so far. Maybe he'll move to RB as the game moves on, as he did last week.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hillis with the impressive first down, most backs would have been tackled for a loss on that one 3rd and 1, middle is stuffed oline pushed back, bounces it to the outside and slips through several tackles, got to the edge quickEdited by: dwid

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Hillis broke a tackle at the line of scrimmage on that negated 32-yard run, as well.
if things were merit based in the NFL, Hillis would be resting during the preseason because he'd be "the" man at tailback for the Broncos and the team would be auditioning for his back-up.

as i'm typing this, another nice run by Hillis on third-and-short. be broke two tackles behind the line of scrimmage, and he picks up 4 yards and the first down.

he's GOOD.

backrow

Hall of Famer
damn, it's a pleasure to watch Peyton Hillis!

so far 2 carries and a sweet catch and run. go Peyton!!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i agree, backrow. Hillis made that catch look easy, despite the fact he had to turn completely around to pull in the pass that was thrown well behind him.

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, McDaniels, having Peyton and Larsen an even quite powerful Jordan goes for trying to throw it in from the one yard line... to be honest, Gaffney should have had this first one, wideeeeeeee open in the end zone.

let's hope for even more from Peyton. do you think Broncos miss Cutler yet? :D

backrow

Hall of Famer
some stats from earlier games:

49ers LB Scott McKillop had 4 tackles and 1 interception.

Raiders LB Ricky Brown had 7 tackles and also recorded an interception!
Greyson Gunheim had 3 tackles.

for Bears Kevin Malast had 5 tackles, Craig Steltz had 3 tackles and Dusty Dvoracek had a sack.

for Bills Jon Stupar had 63 yards and a TD on 5 catches.

for Packers, Kole Heckendorf had 3 catches for 30 yards, Hordy and converted LB playing FB, Spencer Havner, had 2 catches. Brady Poppinga intercepted one ball.

for Jags, LB Shaw had a sack and Pete Ittersagen had a couple of tackles.

Riddlewire

Master
Instead of wasting all his time acquiring so many runningbacks as soon as he showed up, perhaps McDaniels should have tried to improve his secondary.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for the Seahawks, safeyty-turned linebacker Will Herring and "overachieving, high motor guy" Nick Reed are making a LOT of plays.

Reed has to be the story of the Seattle camp thus far. everyone time he is on the field, he's making his presence known. he had another spectacular play just a little while ago when he blocked a punt. then, he followed that up on the next drive with a tackle in the backfield.

Herring made a tackle in the backfield the very next play.

well done, gentlemen!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
damn you, backrow! you beat me to it! *laughs*

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
is Nick Reed living in the Broncos backfield, or what?!?!

this dude is awesome!

foobar75

Master
Having watched the Denver-Seattle game, I'm saddened to see that the Seahawks look primed to be coal black this year. Sure, Nick Reed and Will Herring are making some great plays on defense/ST, but overall, I think we'll be very lucky to have 10-12 whites on the opening day roster, including the kicker/punter. It will take a miracle for Mike Haas and Logan Payne to make the team as WRs, unfortunately.