2009 Pre-Season

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Gotta love the Pats giving time to those white slot demons! Leonards solid performance may solidify him in the eyes of sports writers.

backrow

Hall of Famer
now, back to Eagles-Colts.

Kyle Eckel had two runs for no yards... there go his carries for the season. (he did have 2 short receptions)

Kevin Curtis had one catch for 12 yards.

Jordan Senn is leading Colts with 6 tackles, Seward has 4.

Sam Giguere has 2 kick returns for 22 yards avg.

John Matthews caught a pass for 17 yards.

Collie definitely had a batter game than Garcon, btw.

EDIT: on this drive, Colts had 3 white receivers (2 WRs and a TE split in the slot) on this drive, however they chose to run it, shame.

Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
green fire317 said:
does anyone know what teams are playing tonight?

All you have to do to find out is go to NFL.com or one of many other sites that can give you that information in a matter of seconds.

guest301

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
cowboys and titans are playing tonight as well. i think most teams are playing tommorow.

Yes, I will be watching this one. Looking to see how the two new white additions to the Cowboys, DT Igor Olshansky and LB Keith Brooking perform. Hopefully LB Bobby Carpenter will get loads of playing time as well.

green fire317

Banned
Does anyone know if the Cowboys-Titans game is going to be shown on ESPN? I don't have the NFL Network and all of those things.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
green fire317 said:
does anyone know what teams are playing tonight?
<div> </div>
<div>All you have to do to find out is go to NFL.com or one of many other sites that can give you that information in a matter of seconds.</div>

i fully agree. it's as easy as typing nfl into google or going to any sports website.

games tonight are of no particular interest to me, to be honest. i am looking forward to Denver - Seattle tomorrow and Jets game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
green fire317 said:
Does anyone know if the Cowboys-Titans game is going to be shown on ESPN? I don't have the NFL Network and all of those things.

A simple search could answer that question. Or check your local TV listings in the newspaper. This board is to exchange news, information and opinions, not for continually asking questions that are easily answerableby making a tiny bit of effort yourself.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jason Witten (2 for 33) looks pretty good so far tonight. Jason Witten is so good that he seems like a WR playing at the TE position. He gets YAC yards all the time and is where he needs to be. I hope he ends up with another 1,000+ yard receiving season this year. Tony Romo isn't looking too bad either. Hopefully with Owens gone, Witten will become an even bigger part of the Dallas offense.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

dwid

Hall of Famer
so sick of hearing announcers saying "i still think vince young can make it" The guy looks very indecisive and lost out there.

Im glad Witten is still doing well with the Cowboys. I just wish they would get Matt Jones which would open more things up for Witten. The Cowboys are one of the most popular teams, some dwfs might actually wake up if they saw both Witten and Jones do well. Edited by: dwid

backrow

Hall of Famer
Tuff Harris has 2 nice punt returns for Titans. both about 20 yards long.

also, a sighting of Derek Lokey for Chiefs.

white LBs are playing well in Falcons - Rams game. Vobora has 4, Biermann has 5 tackles and Laurinaitis has 2 and one interception. Chris Chamberlain is playing well for Rams.

a sighting of Craig Dahl, Rams safety (ex Giant).Edited by: backrow

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Are Olshansky and Brooking expected to start in the regular season?

Well they both started in last night's preseason game and Olshansky was at right DE instead of DT. Wade Phillips was qouted as saying that LB Keith Brooking "hadn't lost a step" and is "excited to have him". Bobby Carpenter made a nice play chasing Vince Young out of the pocket and sacking him in a nice open field tackle. Carpenter was congratulated by many of his teammates coming off the field. Troy Aikman stated that Carpenter might have finally found his niche in the Cowboys nickel package.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Watching the Falcons vs. the Rams last night, the broadcasters were interviewing Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff in the booth. Dimitroff threw out the standard caste description of "overachieving" regard (former Arena League player) WR Troy Bergeron & his 17 yard reception. Randy Waters described Troy as "gritty".

Falcons DE Kroy Biermann was all over the field, making tackles downfield (as the LB & DB "affletes" got burned) & pressure the QB. Caste lackey Brian Baldinger said Biermann would probably do a good job this season...on special teams!Meanwhile, "BallDINGer" described at least 6-7 "affletes" as athletic. Typical caste drivel.
smiley21.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

Well they both started in last night's preseason game and Olshansky was at right DE instead of DT. Wade Phillips was qouted as saying that LB Keith Brooking "hadn't lost a step" and is "excited to have him". Bobby Carpenter made a nice play chasing Vince Young out of the pocket and sacking him in a nice open field tackle. Carpenter was congratulated by many of his teammates coming off the field. Troy Aikman stated that Carpenter might have finally found his niche in the Cowboys nickel package.

Funny you mention that Wade Phillips said Keith Brooking hasn't lost a step because supposedly the reason the Falcons dumped him was to upgrade speed at linebacker. In caste speak get another black linebacker in the draft.

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
guest301 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

Funny you mention that Wade Phillips said Keith Brooking hasn't lost a step because supposedly the reason the Falcons dumped him was to upgrade speed at linebacker. In caste speak get another black linebacker in the draft.

The caste system often contradicts itself, doesn't it. That new 1.2 billion dollar stadium for the Cowboys last night was incredible to behold. There didn't seem to be a bad seat in the whole stadium and the huge scoreboard which took up at least half the field was in HDTV and it was like going to a football game to watch the very same game on TV. The only minor glitch was the punts kept hitting the scoreboard in pregame warmups and at least once during the game. I imagine they will have to raise it up another 10 feet or so to avoid those problems. The only problem I have with the stadium is that it is partially taxpayer funded, I think the owners should pay 100% for everything and accrue 100% of the profits.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah WP, he is mixed. I guess I forgot.
smiley131.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Brooking was the best LB the Falcons had. He made a few bad plays here & there (like most players), but they (especially vs. the Cards in the playoffs) were grossly overstated. Keith was one of the best Falcons LBs of all time (with Tommy Nobis). I was hoping (fellow Georgia boy) Brooking would retire as a Falcon.
smiley6.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
guest301 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

The caste system often contradicts itself, doesn't it. That new 1.2 billion dollar stadium for the Cowboys last night was incredible to behold. There didn't seem to be a bad seat in the whole stadium and the huge scoreboard which took up at least half the field was in HDTV and it was like going to a football game to watch the very same game on TV. The only minor glitch was the punts kept hitting the scoreboard in pregame warmups and at least once during the game. I imagine they will have to raise it up another 10 feet or so to avoid those problems. The only problem I have with the stadium is that it is partially taxpayer funded, I think the owners should pay 100% for everything and accrue 100% of the profits.

I agree guest301. From what I read parking is $70 dollars a game. Who has that kind of money? Not me at least. Also in the luxury suite a pizza costa $100. They have to get their money back somehow.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Washington Blackskins have 2 white starters out of 22 to begin the game against the Steelers. The Steelers are the "white" team, with a whopping 5 white starters. It would be 6 except that Big Ben is out after Max Starks, the lumbering, over-rated sumo, fell on him in practice a couple of days ago. One of the two head coaches is black, the referee is black. Surprisingly both announcers are white, though classifying Caste System loving Joe Theisman as white is arguably a stretch.