wes welker

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

Wes Welker reportedly experienced "no issues" with his surgically repaired knee this season, and was "in a good place" at season's end.

Welker struggled out of the gate this season, averaging just 8.07 yards per catch through his first eight games (he averaged over 10 in 2005-2009), but rebounded to average 11.7 YPC over his final seven games before sitting out in Week 17. At soon to be age 30, his best days are obviously behind him, but there's no reason to believe he won't remain a PPR stud and solid WR2 in all formats in 2011.
Source: NFL.com

WTF? obviously behind him? he has plenty left! what a f**kin stupid comment that is.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
backrow, take it with a grain of sea salt man. We are talking about weenieworld here. They are first class caste a$$ clowns. Wes Welker will be a great receiver for many seasons to come.

snow

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
backrow, take it with a grain of sea salt man. We are talking about weenieworld here. They are first class caste a$$ clowns. Wes Welker will be a great receiver for many seasons to come.
Yes, we just saw what Brandon Stokley could do at age 34 and I don't think he was quite as talented as Welker, even though he was damn good when actually used. Welker has at least 2 to 3 years left in his prime, if not 4 to 6. He is used more like a receiving running back so it might lower his career life a little bit but there is no way his best days are behind him. He wasn't even used that much until 2007. And of course Welker is lying about his knee not being a factor for the first half of the season. He is humble. It might have been fine, but most athletes say its a mental thing after a knee injury. Since his job involves cutting so much of course it affected his play. Edited by: snow

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
It's funny that there are supposed to be all of these super-duper afflete WRs out there, but when it came to the postseason we saw how valuable veterans like Stokely and Curtis are because of their ability to play the position properly, and how inept so many of the affletes truly are.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
You have to consider that WeinieWorld's experience is with black receivers, and by 30, where Welker is, they are washed up. Of course, that doesn't mean that they won't get jobs.

JReb1

Mentor
As long as they stay in shape and dedicated an athlete can easily perform as good (or close) in his 30's as they did in their 20's. You just have to workout more in your 30's and Welker is they type to give it his all to stay on top of his game, just look how fast Wes came back from his knee reconstructive surgery.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wes Welker "regrets" foot comments, according to an AP report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. It is pathetic that the press still focuses on this and pushes him about it. They never press negroletes about the many truly offensive things they say on a regular basis. Dinosaur anti-white media, your days are numbered!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/report-welker-regrets-foot-815630.html

Kaptain

Master
I wonder if Wes Welker had released his own foot fetish video, if the Jets or the media would have been so kind as to just make a few concealed jovial comments. Maybe he should just call them a-holes.

This sounds like look at the cute puppy. This is even beyond racist.

Highlander

Mentor
Welker draws attention in training camp

Howard Ulman, AP Sports Writer, August 15th

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Wes Welker drew attention Monday for eluding defenders. Teammate Patrick Chung got noticed for leveling a receiver.

The intensity is increasing at the New England Patriots training camp with players and coaches hurrying to catch up after team-organized minicamps and workouts were cancelled because of the lockout.

Welker made a sharp cut in front of Chung to grab a short pass from Tom Brady. Later, Chung delivered a hit that knocked Aaron Hernandez to the ground after the tight end made a catch.

The safety said practice is becoming more physical each day.
“Yeah,â€￾ Chung said, “but football’s a physical sport, man, period, whether it’s right in the trenches or if it’s downfield. If it gets physical, it gets physical, but we also have to take care of our teammates and take care of our bodies (and) save the physical stuff for the game.â€￾

Tell that to Hernandez, who put a move on Chung after catching the ball. He wasn’t upright for long.

“I wasn’t expecting it but it was still a good little pop and it got me a little aggravated,â€￾ he said. “He plays hard and you’ve got to be ready at all times.â€￾

Welker and Chung are both having good camps.

A year ago, the receiver was coming off major surgery on his left knee after he was injured in the final regular-season game of 2009. Now, he’s quicker, Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said.

“Wes works hard,â€￾ Caserio said. “He’s been a productive player and he just looks confident. He just sort of catches your eye a little bit. He’s done some things that look real good.â€￾

Welker was more emphatic about he feels heading into his eighth NFL season.

“This is the best I’ve felt in my career,â€￾ he said. “I think just my knowledge of the game and being able to be healthy (has) really helped and, hopefully, it’ll keep on improving.â€￾

Welker has 432 catches in four seasons with the Patriots. But he can become an unrestricted free agent after this season unless he re-signs before then.

That’s hardly what he’s focusing on.

“I’m not really worried about that at all,â€￾ said Welker, who is scheduled to make $2.15 million this year. “I’m just worried about going out there and playing ball and I love playing on this team and I enjoy every day I’m out there. And I’m going to let my play take care of everything else.â€￾

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A9G_XOZyYE1OlAIA.BN9t7l_?slug=ap-patriotscamp

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wes Welker has really been the catalyst in this last have a decade in which we have seen at least modest gains of white players at the WR position in the NFL and more white wr's in the Division 1 college ranks.

I hope he has a great season.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Wes Welker was made available to reporters after leaving Saturday's preseason game with a neck injury, and ensured them that he is "okay."
"Yeah, I'm OK," said Welker. The slot machine caught three passes for 71 yards, including a 44-yard touchdown, before exiting for the night as a precaution. Welker was spotted without a neck brace, and the fact that the Patriots let him speak to the media is a strong indication that he'll be back to 100 percent shortly. Draft him as you normally would

backrow

Hall of Famer
from roto:

The Patriots defense has now surrendered a 400-yard game to the Dolphins and 80+ receiving yards to four different Bills. As long as that continues, Wes Welker is going to pile up monster numbers in shootouts. Welker leads all NFL receivers in targets (43), receptions (31), and yards (458) through three weeks. Those three-game totals, in fact, are the highest by any receiver in NFL history, topping Jerry Rice's 1989 start.

congrats!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
from roto:

The Patriots defense has now surrendered a 400-yard game to the Dolphins and 80+ receiving yards to four different Bills. As long as that continues, Wes Welker is going to pile up monster numbers in shootouts. Welker leads all NFL receivers in targets (43), receptions (31), and yards (458) through three weeks. Those three-game totals, in fact, are the highest by any receiver in NFL history, topping Jerry Rice's 1989 start.

congrats!

Great news! :thumbsup:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Wes Welker as well. The only problem is that the stupid media still doesn't mention him as one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in the game. It's always A.Johnson, L.Fitzgerald, S. Smith and a few others. Welker usually gets mentioned in the 6 - 10 range of best receivers despite having more catches than anyone for the majority of the last 5 years or so. Welker is the best in the league!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Part of the problem is that Welker is white. The other part of the problem is that he plays in the slot like virtually all white receivers. He's looked at as another Wayne Chrebet type player who works hard gets his receptions by using his brain rather than his athleticism.

northwinds

Mentor
Just heard one of the ESPN talking heads analyzing the Patriots and their loss to Buffalo. He actually said that part of the problem, with Welkers 16 catch 200+ yard game, is that they are "overusing Welker".....LMAO....have you ever heard someone say that a receiver who has a 200 game is being over used? He introduced this brilliant comment by going over Welker's small stature....what he really wanted to say was "but, but, but, he's not a big affrolete how can he be doing this...he's only a white slot receiver...how can he be leading the NFL in catches and yards".......

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Still only seen 1 of Welkers 16 grabs. Great job ESPN

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just heard one of the ESPN talking heads analyzing the Patriots and their loss to Buffalo. He actually said that part of the problem, with Welkers 16 catch 200+ yard game, is that they are "overusing Welker".....LMAO....have you ever heard someone say that a receiver who has a 200 game is being over used? He introduced this brilliant comment by going over Welker's small stature....what he really wanted to say was "but, but, but, he's not a big affrolete how can he be doing this...he's only a white slot receiver...how can he be leading the NFL in catches and yards".......

No matter what Welker does he'll always be a borderline top 10, maybe even top 15 receiver to the drunk white fans and the media. No one is going to consider him the best receiver in the game because he plays the slot and he's white. A couple of 2,000 yard receiving seasons wouldn't even change anything. When he breaks off long plays like the 99 yard one excuses are made by drunks like Jim Rome.

backrow

Hall of Famer
just re-posting it in his personal thread so we can have a reference to caste media referring to Wes as a quickest in the NFL:

Wes Welker said after Sunday's 158-yard game that this is the best he's ever felt in terms of health.

Welker is 21 months removed from his torn MCL and ACL, and might be the quickest player in the NFL. "I feel like I'm passed that," he said. "This is the best I've ever felt. This is the best I've ever played in my career." Welker leads the league in targets and fantasy points, and no one is even close in either statistical department. He's a locked-and-loaded WR1 regardless of format.

Source: Boston Globe

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jerry Rice and Keyshawn Johnson were hating on Welker today, especially Jerry Rice. He seems nervous that his single season record will be broken (it looks like it will be the way things are going). He basically said hes going against safeties, nickel corners and linebackers. That may have been true when he was getting most of his passes by the line of scrimmage and getting most of his yards after the catch (which makes his contribution no different than a runningback, and yet their value isn't diminished) but now he is running deeper routes. I am supposed to believe teams aren't putting their best guys out there to cover Welker? are they too busy on Ochocinco and Branch? Most of the catches I have seen to Welker are deep and also have multiple defenders around him.

Johnson had to add in that all of the defensive backs he has gone against this year can't cover "safties that can't cover, corners that can't cover, linebackers that can't cover".

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jerry Rice and Keyshawn Johnson were hating on Welker today, especially Jerry Rice. He seems nervous that his single season record will be broken (it looks like it will be the way things are going). He basically said hes going against safeties, nickel corners and linebackers. That may have been true when he was getting most of his passes by the line of scrimmage and getting most of his yards after the catch (which makes his contribution no different than a runningback, and yet their value isn't diminished) but now he is running deeper routes. I am supposed to believe teams aren't putting their best guys out there to cover Welker? are they too busy on Ochocinco and Branch? Most of the catches I have seen to Welker are deep and also have multiple defenders around him.

Johnson had to add in that all of the defensive backs he has gone against this year can't cover "safties that can't cover, corners that can't cover, linebackers that can't cover".

What bull! Gronkowski is a good offensive threat but Ochostinko and Branch are worthless. Now that Moss is gone they still have excuses as to why Welker puts up such tremendous numbers.Everyone knows that Welker is the most explosive offensive player on the Patriots. I really hope he does break the single season receiving record and sticks it in the face of that disgusting, racist black pig Keyshawn Johnson

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The best overall football player in the NFL so far this season, Wes Welker, engaged in “Caste Speak” while being interviewed on Miami radio station, “WQAM.” This interview, which included the ever-bigoted remarks of the always-candid black supremacist, Michael “Crack Pipe” Irvin, is summarized in the form of an outrageously anti-white “Deadspin.com” article adorably entitled: “Welker Doesn’t Know How The White Boy Does It, Either.”

Welker joined WQAM in Miami to talk about how he was able to recover from an ACL tear as quickly as he did, how playing with Tom Brady accounts for much of the success he's enjoyed, his surprise that his career has turned out like it has, why he feels like Chad Ochocinco will continue to get worked into the offense in future weeks, all the work that he and Brady do with one another during the offseason and how that allows him to make plays against seemingly more athletic (or as Michael Irvin says, black) players, and how he expects the Jets to bounce back and give the Patriots their best shot this weekend.

So Michael Irvin blatantly stated that black players are “more athletic?” And nobody took him task? He wasn’t made into a national pariah? He wasn’t terminated for his ray-o-ciss remarks? No, of course not. The reaction was, I’m certain, quite the contrary. Everybody likely enjoyed a “good chuckle”…because, after all, Irvin was only “telling the truth.”

Michael Irvin then joked about a white guy like Welker burning black cornerbacks with such ease: "I know man, I think even my own teammates look at me sometimes and think, ‘How the hell is this guy doing this?' But I think they see it's just a lot of work and definitely get on the same page with Tom. We work a lot together during the offseason, and we even talk through coverage when there's no coverage out there. I'll say it's this coverage, and right then we both know what I'm going to do—whether I have four different options on that route, we already know what each other are thinking. So it's definitely been a work in progress, but we've come a long way with it."

So, to be clear, nothing accept for old-fashion “hard work” has Welker on pace to break every single receiving record in NFL history? Yeah, right. Tell that to the needle-d-ck black boys that he’s been running past, leaping over, juking, and smashing through with ease.

Perhaps the source of Irvin’s hardcore, white-loathing bigotry can be found in this photo…
Irvinhead.jpg

Tim Hauck, former white safety for the Eagles, nearly killed Irvin on the field with a vicious hit. This was the last moment of The Human Crack Pipe’s career. If only Hauck had finished off this odious creature.

Compare Irvin’s hateful interpretations with those of Jerry Rice, who was recently interviewed concerning Welker’s breakneck pace, which may eclipse his own mark, set in 1995…

Jerry Rice said:
“If he should break my record, I’ll be the first to congratulate him. I have met him. I know how hard he works, fighting his way back from a (torn ACL) injury. I’m happy to see him have a lot of success on the football field. He’s just unstoppable, man, you cannot cover him with a linebacker or a strong safety. He’s just too fast. And he’s really going to create space and get open. And when you have a quarterback like Tom Brady [stats], he’s going to deliver a beautiful ball. It’s the matchups. He’s going to get that separation that he needs to catch the football. I don’t see why teams don’t double this guy. I would try to take him out of the ballgame and leave it up to another receiver. With (Chad) Ochocinco, he’s struggling right now. He’s trying to get acclimated, and it’s not happening.” ”

http://deadspin.com/5847012/wes-welker-doesnt-know-how-the-white-boy-does-it-either

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
Rice is hating on Welker after he broke his NFL record of the best WR start over three games.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Predictably, they are both bitter. That is one of "their" hallmarks. Of course such bitterness has no root in reality, just the self-stoked flames of imaginary fires conjured up to excuse their own inferiority.