San Francisco 49ers General Thread

backrow

Hall of Famer
CMC is nursing a claf strain will miss a couple of weeks and likelt not play in preseason. Good news for Schrader?

Warhawk_46

Master
Hard to say how serious it is. Calf strains can be notorious slow healers. This will be something to monitor. It is crucial for CMC’s HOF prospects he stays healthy the rest of his career.

That being said, I am liking Shraders chances more and more. Seems the 49ers are a fair team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ricky Pearsall has another injury now, affecting one of his shoulders.

This has been the best season maybe ever for White rookies getting lots of good pub right from the get-go, but damn if they don't keep getting injured. Pearsall, McConkey left practice the other day with an issue, Cole Bishop, Cooper DeJean. All four of the Whites drafted early at "taboo" positions are battling injuries. Training camp injuries ruined the rookie seasons of Riley Moss and Charlie Jones last year, these guys need to stay healthy to maximize their opportunities.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Hard to say how serious it is. Calf strains can be notorious slow healers. This will be something to monitor. It is crucial for CMC’s HOF prospects he stays healthy the rest of his career.

That being said, I am liking Shraders chances more and more. Seems the 49ers are a fair team.
Latest on McCaffrey's calf injury. Speaking on Sirius XM's NFL Training Camp Tour, CMAC said he feels great. "Very cautionary stuff. If I had a game, I would play. Still training, still getting in a bunch of work, so come week 1, I'll be ready to roll."
Sounds positive.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Latest on McCaffrey's calf injury. Speaking on Sirius XM's NFL Training Camp Tour, CMAC said he feels great. "Very cautionary stuff. If I had a game, I would play. Still training, still getting in a bunch of work, so come week 1, I'll be ready to roll."
Sounds positive.
This is good news. He's my absolute favorite player to watch in the entire league. Heck, he was the best player in the Super Bowl too, despite the loss. Calf injuries are no joke. Look at Joe Burrow last year hobbling around for half the year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Aiyuk soap opera just goes on and on. I could well be wrong but my thought is that Ricky Pearsall already being injured not just once but twice has made the 49ers brass more reluctant to let Aiyuk go to the Steelers or whoever. If Pearsall is going to be as fragile as a China doll then they need Aiyuk for another Super Bowl run. Let's hope they do finally pull the trigger on a trade.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers are nearing a trade with the Steelers.
In a wild turn of events, Aiyuk may be headed to Pittsburgh after all. The 49ers and Steelers have agreed to a deal and the latter is in a good place on a contract with Aiyuk. Rapoport also says that the 49ers have made another offer to Aiyuk, but he has yet to accept. If San Fransisco signs off, then Aiyuk will finally be a Pittsburgh Steeler, stay tuned.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It might be mostly happy talk but I like what John Lynch has to say about Pearsall. Still hoping they'll trade Aiyuk but the chances of that are a lot less than they were before Ricky's injuries:

The San Francisco 49ers eagerly await the return of their first-round draft pick, wide receiver Ricky Pearsall. The rookie has missed much of training camp after re-aggravating a shoulder injury during practice. While he won't play in the preseason, the team is hopeful he will be ready for Week 1 against the New York Jets.

Despite the setbacks, the 49ers remain optimistic about Pearsall's ability to contribute in his first season.

"We're patient and really excited about Ricky and his development," Lynch said Thursday morning on Bay Area radio station KNBR. "A rookie, at any position, coming in, is a tough leap. And then, at wide receiver, in this offense, it's a lot, but Rickey can handle a lot.

"It's not ideal, to say the least, that he's been off to the side. The good news is Rickey's been able to run and do all these things. But with the type of injury he had, the time up front was critical to allowing for the best result, and so we've been giving him that time.

"He's been deep in the playbook, he's been in all the meetings, he's been doing his rehab vigorously. Ricky's a worker and he's a very talented football player. We've been doing the best we can, given the circumstances. Ricky's been excellent in doing his part, and I think it's going to be soon where we can get him back out there on the field and really try to accelerate the process.

"He's going to be a big part of what we do, and we're as high on him as we were when we drafted him, or higher. And when he's been out there, it's been really good. Unfortunately, he's ran into a couple of injuries, and those things happen, and you have to have the patience."

The 49ers are cautious with their injured players, understanding that their Super Bowl aspirations require careful consideration of each situation to ensure long-term success.

"It'd be foolish just to rush him, saying, 'Hey, we have to have him ready. He's a rookie,'" Lynch continued. "Well, that's not real smart if he's not going to be healthy, and so I appreciate Kyle and his staff allowing us the patience for the health and performance staff to give the markers as to when he's ready to get back out there, and I know he's getting close to being back out there on the field."

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I'm still highly optimistic about his chances this year. True though, Aiyuk was as good as gone to the Steelers until it became apparent that Pearsall was going to be a china doll in the preseason.

jacque

Guru
RBs Matt Breida and Keyshon Vaughn were just cut, huge news for Schrader chances of making the roster. That leaves 6 RB left, cut candidates likely being Schrader, Patrick Taylor jr, and Jordan Mason.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
RBs Matt Breida and Keyshon Vaughn were just cut, huge news for Schrader chances of making the roster. That leaves 6 RB left, cut candidates likely being Schrader, Patrick Taylor jr, and Jordan Mason.

This is great news as we need alot of luck, a landslide of injuries among other things for him to get a shot to be in a rotation of running backs after Cmac. Fingers crossed and get out the horseshoes and 4 leaf clovers! :)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see Jordan Mason being cut, but Mitchell may be cut because he's so injury prone and Mason is just as good. It does worry me that Cody didn't do much in the preseason, but as I mentioned before there's only so much a running back can do if the line doesn't open holes for him and he had very few, mostly in the last game when he finally saw the field late in the game. Hopefully practice squad if he doesn't make the active roster, but the 49ers are surely aware that another team may claim him off the practice squad if he doesn't make the roster, even though no one drafted him and if another team does it will likely be during the season after the inevitable slew of injuries begins to mount up across the league.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Trent Taylor was released.
Tanner Mordecai and Cody Schrader were waived.

Warhawk_46

Master
Will be interesting to see if he signs with their practice squad.

As much as I’d like him to go to a team where he would have a chance for some playing time, San Fran seems a good place to
Learn from best in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to San Francisco, Ricky Pearsall, shot in broad daylight. Hopefully he's not seriously hurt but his rookie season is probably over before it starts as there had already been speculation that he was going to have to have surgery on his shoulder and be shut down for the '24 season as his injury there has been recurring and he still isn't over it.

KGO-TV San Francisco’s Dion Lim reports 49ers WR Ricky Pearsall was shot during a robbery in San Francisco’s Union Square.
We don’t have much detail about Pearsall’s condition beyond that he was shot during a robbery on Saturday afternoon. Pearsall, 23, was the Niners’ first round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. He has struggled through a shoulder injury for much of the summer and profiles as as team’s No. 3 receiver behind Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
San Francisco. A once nice place, ruined by the communists and lefties. If I was on the Niners, I’d avoid SF and Oakland. The stadium is right outside San Jose now so you could easily do so. The safest of the 3 cities now by far.

The Hock

Master
San Francisco. A once nice place, ruined by the communists and lefties. If I was on the Niners, I’d avoid SF and Oakland. The stadium is right outside San Jose now so you could easily do so. The safest of the 3 cities now by far.
It must be those damn white supremacists the liberal media has been warning us about for years.