RB - Sam McGuffie

White Mike

Guru
jaxvid said:
The first few that break the caste system will be white "Uncle Toms". It's the only way to get into the club.

Exellent point jaxvid. Sam is just a product of the "MTV Generation". You figure he works out with the black kids during RB drills at practice and combines. "N*gga" is a term of endearment amongst blacks, and IMO when the black kids call Sam "N*gga" they are showing that they accept him. I couldn't care less if Sam had gold teeth and rapped. He is a white RB getting a lot of atention, and that is a victory for us.Edited by: White Mike

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Mike said:
jaxvid said:
The first few that break the caste system will be white "Uncle Toms". It's the only way to get into the club.

Exellent point jaxvid. Sam is just a product of the "MTV Generation". You figure he works out with the black kids during RB drills at practice and combines. "N*gga" is a term of endearment amongst blacks, and IMO when the black kids call Sam "N*gga" they are showing that they accept him. I couldn't care less if Sam had gold teeth and rapped. He is a white RB getting a lot of atention, and that is a victory for us.

Ditto. Well said by both. He's a kid and we want him to get a fair chance to show what he can do. Period. Everything else is irrelevant.

PitBull

Guru
If he uses the the word ni***r all the time, then he and I sure have a lot in
common!

Although I can see your point Detroit. White people using the word ni***r is
just not right. Its only okay if you're black. We get it. It takes a ni***r to
know one. But bad habits are hard to break, know what I'm sayin?

It really burns you that he's one of us, eh? Don't worry, he'll grow out of the
ghetto fabulous lifestyle. The thing that cures it is lots of real interaction
with blacks. He's a white suburban kid. But he's going to get plenty in the
next few years.

Yep, cures that illness straight up! Ask anyone here.Edited by: PitBull

KG2422

Mentor
Sam be my wigga too if he be makin it to de NFL. He may be be like ol' white choclate J-Will was for tha league. Usher in a new era and thang.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
PitBull said:
If he uses the the word ni***r all the time, then he and I sure have a lot in
common!

Although I can see your point Detroit. White people using the word ni***r is
just not right. Its only okay if you're black. We get it. It takes a ni***r to
know one. But bad habits are hard to break, know what I'm sayin?

It really burns you that he's one of us, eh? Don't worry, he'll grow out of the
ghetto fabulous lifestyle. The thing that cures it is lots of real interaction
with blacks. He's a white suburban kid. But he's going to get plenty in the
next few years.

Yep, cures that illness straight up! Ask anyone here.

KG2422 said:
Sam be my wigga too if he be makin it to de NFL. He may be be like ol' white choclate J-Will was for tha league. Usher in a new era and thang.

You guys are TOO funny! How can a troll have any fun around here with you two shooting back like that?
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

SteveB

Mentor
Sam gets snubbed by Rivals. Despite breaking the single season Houston area rushing record, concensus All State 5A selection, and offers from dozens of D1 powerhouse schools, Sam doesn't make the Rivals Top 100 prospects for 2008. Yet number 10 on the list is a black RB from Texas (Jermie Calhoun) with half as many yards rushing and half as many TDs while playing in the much less competitive 3A classification. Sam plays in the very competitive 5A classification and a very competitive district (district rival Cy-Falls played in the 5A State Championship game). The only explanation is caste system at work at Rivals.

Rivals Top 100 for 2008

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Which goes to show just how bogus this top 100 is. A HB who has offers from so many schools and has even been told by Michigan that they would not recruit any other RBs if he signs with him is not top 100? ha, yeah right...

SteveB

Mentor
Rivals even short changes McGuffie on his measureables. According to Rivals.com, Sam's measureables are 4.4 sec 40 yd dash and 40 inch vertical, yet at the Nike camp after his sophomore year, he ran a 4.32 40 and had a 41.8 inch vertical. His SPARQ rating was second in the country among RBs. It's amazing how these rating services always short change the white athletes.

SPARQ Ratings (you have to click on the "Football" link to see the ratings)

backrow

Hall of Famer
btw lookin gthrough these rankings i noticed that strongest guys (respectively 50, 49 and 47 reps on a bench) are white.

and yeah, Sam was a top 3 sparq player(assuming that Joshua Haden and Joe Haden are the same person?)

SteveB

Mentor
backrow said:
and yeah, Sam was a top 3 sparq player(assuming that Joshua Haden and Joe Haden are the same person?)

Joe Haden is listed as a QB. Joshua Haden is the only RB with a higher SPARQ rating than Sam. Rivals even mentions Joshua Haden as a "near missed Top 100" despite gaining less than 1000 yds last year.

Near Misses Top 100Edited by: SteveB

a-train

Guru
SteveB said:
backrow said:

Joe Haden is listed as a QB. Joshua Haden is the only RB with a higher SPARQ rating than Sam. Rivals even mentions Joshua Haden as a "near missed Top 100" despite gaining less than 1000 yds last year.

Near Misses Top 100
Do you know if McGuffie has went to any Nike Camps this year or I heard he wanted to set the all-time Spark Rating has he did that yet?

SteveB

Mentor
Sam just attended the Nike Camp in Colorado and was named the MVP among running backs. In the article on Rivals, it doesn't state anything about skill testing or 40 times.

At least Scout.com gives Sam some respect, naming him to the Top100 list at #42.

Scout Top 100

backrow

Hall of Famer
SteveB said:
Sam just attended the Nike Camp in Colorado and was named the MVP among running backs. In the article on Rivals, it doesn't state anything about skill testing or 40 times.

At least Scout.com gives Sam some respect, naming him to the Top100 list at #42.

Scout Top 100

thanks for the info Steve!

PS. pick Notre Dame Sam!Edited by: backrow

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'll bet WhiteMike will know what times he ran.From the little I've read,he was the most athletically gifted running back there which is no suprise.This kid has the ability if he continues to improve to be in B.Sanders category i.m.o. I'm so glad he won MVP at the Nike Camp because some people are still having trouble realizing how great Sam is.Keep it up McGuffie.

By the way,I'm with backrow.

PLEASE GO TO NOTRE DAME SO WE CAN ROOT FOR YOU ON NATIONAL TV EVERY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
white lightning said:
I'll bet WhiteMike will know what times he ran.From the little I've read,he was the most athletically gifted running back there which is no suprise.This kid has the ability if he continues to improve to be in B.Sanders category i.m.o. I'm so glad he won MVP at the Nike Camp because some people are still having trouble realizing how great Sam is.Keep it up McGuffie.

By the way,I'm with backrow.

PLEASE GO TO NOTRE DAME SO WE CAN ROOT FOR YOU ON NATIONAL TV EVERY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley32.gif

They're in denial that a white guy can tote the rock so gracefully and with such amazing athletic ability. It goes against their(Rivals.com/scout.com) deeply in bedded perceptions that only black guys can play the RB position at such a high level. Sam in reality is going against their "reality" by showing such amazing ability to play what's thought to be a blacks only position.

SteveB

Mentor
The Rivals folks are so brainwashed it's unbelievable. I found an article on gatorbait.net(paid site for U of Florida) where the gatorbait editor interviewed the Rivals staff members that attended the Colorado Nike camp. Here are some quotes:

"Sam McGuffie was about what we expected,"
"I was impressed with his ability at the receiver position," Shurburtt said. "His ability to run routes, his ability to get the ball and his overall ball skills were impressive."

There you go. The kid was MVP at the RB position and they really liked him as a receiver. These guys don't get it, the kid is going to be one of the top RBs in college football, if given a chance.Edited by: SteveB

whiteCB

Master
SteveB said:
The Rivals folks are so brainwashed it's unbelievable. I found an article on gatorbait.net(paid site for U of Florida) where the gatorbait editor interviewed the Rivals staff members that attended the Colorado Nike camp. Here are some quotes:

"Sam McGuffie was about what we expected,"
"I was impressed with his ability at the receiver position," Shurburtt said. "His ability to run routes, his ability to get the ball and his overall ball skills were impressive."

There you go. The kid was MVP at the RB position and they really liked him as a receiver. These guys don't get it, the kid is going to be one of the top RBs in college football, if given a chance.

If given a chance is the key here. With these racist you know whats its still up in the air about Sam being a colleigate RB. He better pick the right school aka Notre Dame!!!
smiley32.gif

jared

Mentor
Sam is now #1 on the list of All Purpose Backs on Rivals. However, he is still not on the top 100. I also noticed there's a new guy on top of the SPARQ ratings, OLB Spencer Pybus (white), of Alabama.

SteveB

Mentor
From everything that I have heard, it is between Michigan and Texas A&M. Sam is visiting Michigan this weekend, so we should know more this week.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't believe that Michigan would give him the starting job.I hope he doesn't go there.I still would prefer that he goes to Notre Dame myself.What could be better from being watched by millions of people week after week.Where ever he goes,good luck to him!

From Rivals about his Michigan visit ... it would be fun to watch a white
guy running it for U-M. Two most recent chances didn't pan uut, because
John Anes -- who rushed for 100 yds as a true freshman vs. UCLA -- left
because of depression, and Reggie Benton wasn't academically eligible.

McGuffie sees Michigan
Matt Malatesta
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in The Fort
The nation's top all-purpose running back Sam McGuffie took an
unofficial visit to Michigan this weekend and enjoyed the sights and
scenery.

Sam McGuffie says that he's enjoyed his Michigan visit.
McGuffie, a Rivals250 member, posted city-leading rushing and
touchdown totals last season. He reached the state track meet for the
second time in two years. He rushed for 3,121 yards and 43 touchdowns
as a junior, leading his team three games deep in the playoffs.

The offers began pouring in during January. Kansas offered first, followed
by several others including Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Nebraska, California,
USC, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida and Alabama. Notre Dame also threw
its name in the hat.

Academically, he recently learned that his ACT test score was a 22.

The 6-foot running back got to visit one of his childhood favorite schools
this past weekend - Michigan. His father's side of his family is from
Detroit and have been lifelong Michigan fans.

"My grandfather is coming up today to see the campus," McGuffie said.
"I'm happy to be able to see him and share this with him."

McGuffie has been on a four-day visit to the state of Michigan, mostly on
the large academic campus.

"It's been a great couple of days," McGuffie said. "I got to see the Big
House and got the grand tour. I've gotten to visit with Brandon Herron
and running back Mike Hart. They are both great guys.

"I really liked the campus and all of the coaches."

JoeV

Guru
I hope he doesn't go to Michigan, then I can't root for him.
smiley19.gif
Go to THE Ohio State University young man! Tressel will let you start, unlike Lloyd Carr.Edited by: JoeV

whiteCB

Master
JoeV said:
I hope he doesn't go to Michigan, then I can't root for him.
smiley19.gif
Go to THE Ohio State University young man! Tressel will let you start, unlike Lloyd Carr.

AMEN to that! Although Sam has said in the past that he wanted Ohio St to offer him a schlorship but for some reason the Ohio St coaches haven't. Maybe they don't know Sam really likes them or they figured since he's from michigan that in the end Sam would never choose Ohio St.

White Power

Mentor
Are you sure Reggie Benton is white seems like a black name if I ever heard one. A picture would be nice.