RB - Sam McGuffie

Congrats, and good luck on a great future in football young man. You have alot of pressure on your shoulders from our community.
smiley1.gif

KG2422

Mentor
The Texas high school football highlight show on fox sports reported that Sam has been recruited by Michigan for a while. They added that Texas and Texas A&M had finally come around to recruiting him. He had another stellar performance this week in another playoff win.
smiley32.gif

KG2422 said:
The Texas high school football highlight show on fox sports reported that Sam has been recruited by Michigan for a while. They added that Texas and Texas A&M had finally come around to recruiting him. He had another stellar performance this week in another playoff win.
smiley32.gif

Great news.

REDNOSE

Guru
Notre Dame needs you Sam! Also look out for Adam Urbano from Georgia. He's a junior prospect that I posted about earlier and I believe he is a legitimite candidate for future stardom on a national level. Im very confident will end up at a major University that will be forced to play him.

Guys, i dont know much abou this recruiting thing and all....so can you help me out, e.g. when will we know what team he i going to, when is his college Freshman year etc

SteveB

Mentor
We will know for sure when he signs in 2008, but he can give a verbal commitment before then. His college freshman year will be 2008.

SteveB

Mentor
McGuffie is continuing to dominate the playoffs. This past weekend, he had 189 yds in the first half of the regional playoff game against all black FB Hightower and finished the game with 211 yds. He sat most of the second half as Cy-Fair had a commanding lead and won 49-7. He now has 2997 yds and 41 TDs for the season. Here is another video of him hurdling a Hightower DB.

McGuffie Hurdles Another PlayerEdited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
Cy Fair HS lost to Pearland on Saturday in the regional playoffs. McGuffie ends the season as the greatest single season rusher in Houston area history with 3121 yds and 43 TDs. The Houston area has produced many great RBs such as Thurman Thomas, Eric Dickerson, Craig James, and others and McGuffie has gained more yards in one season than all of them. Great job Sam!!

whiteCB

Master
SteveB said:
Cy Fair HS lost to Pearland on Saturday in the regional playoffs. McGuffie ends the season as the greatest single season rusher in Houston area history with 3121 yds and 43 TDs. The Houston area has produced many great RBs such as Thurman Thomas, Eric Dickerson, Craig James, and others and McGuffie has gained more yards in one season than all of them. Great job Sam!!

And the most amazing thing to me out of all of this is that he's just a JUNIOR!!! Holy crap I can't wait to see the kind of numbers he puts up next year.
smiley36.gif

SteveB

Mentor
lumsdenpower said:
Mcguffie has how much yard in this lost?

He was held to a season low 111 yds and 2 TDs. Pearland is probably the best defense in the Houston area.

JD074

Master
I saw a brief clip of McGuffie on the Headline News channel today. It was him jumping over a defender, of course. Very cool.

sunshine

Mentor
Sam M made first team class 5-A. Along with Breece Johnson and 4.4 WR who is being looked at by TCU amounfg others.

whiteCB

Master
With his sick ass stats some school has got to get some balls and offer this kid a scholarship at HB!!! A talent like this is an awful thing to waste.

REDNOSE

Guru
Looks like Weis is after another one of our young men. Can you imagine the implications that a star white runningback could have at one of the most prominent college teams in America. ND is on the tube across the nation every Saturday and is becoming a powerhouse again and is adding white playmakers at a high rate. Hope this kid is smart enough to understand that he will be given a fair shake with Weis at the helm. http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=641278

SteveB

Mentor
The word that I am hearing is it is coming down to Michigan, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M. He has family members with ties to Michigan who are wanting him to go there. Texas Tech is recruiting him hard and promising him he will be a do everything player ala Wes Welker. His high school coach is a former Aggie player who is trying to influence him to go to A&M, not to mention that it is only an hour drive from his home.

As much as I am an Aggie fan, I think that Rednose is right about Notre Dame. He would get weekly TV coverage where he could showcase his talent that could go a long way to breaking the caste system as well as give him the best shot at the NFL. IMO, Michigan would be the worst place for him to go given their history with white players.

nhl411

Guru
if you look at the various message board topics about sam people absolutely RAVE about him and his ridiculous talent

whiteCB

Master
I saw on rival.com that Sam has talked with the Buckeyes! How f'in sweet would that be to see a white guy runnin the rock up in Columbus. Hell yeah! Tressel will definitly give him a fair shake seeing as how he has started Dustin Fox at CB, Anthony Gonzalez at WR, and now Brian Hartline at WR.

jared

Mentor
That would be sweet to be on such a prominent team but the competition at RB will be fierce. OSU always pulls in such top notch RB recruits. Then again, Tressel was doing a good rotation last year with his runners so this might be a fantastic opportunity for Sam. I really don't trust Michigan though, I hope he shies away from them.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
First let me say that if this poor kid picks Michigan I will personally look him up in Ann Arbor and recommend a nice therapist to help him deal with the frustration of carrying towels and water bottles for lesser talented black players.

Secondly to all his family members that are reading this (they must be because there are 2200+ looks at this thread, way out of proportion to the posts) I wish your boy the best in the world. Go to Texas Tech. It's a fine University, it's close to home, and they actually give the occasional white player a chance.

Forget UM, ND, or OSU, the last time a white guy ran the ball for any of those programs there was a Johnson in the white house and I think it was Andrew Johnson. So ignore all of the BS that the assistant coaches are shoveling about his chances to play at Non-white U, and go with a proven supporter.