Playoffs ’08

foobar75

Master
I must say, Im beginning to like the duo of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. I heard lots and lots of praise from them on white players making plays, on both sides, from both teams. I guess there's a reason they're Fox's #1 team.

And they weren't afraid to criticize the black players who made mistakes. It was a very good game to watch and listen to.

It was also nice to see Tarvaris Jackson unravel in the 2nd half, good riddance Brad Childress.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, from what I watched, Buck and Aikman were praising Kevin Curtis whenever he made a good play, and when McNabb overthrew Curtis for the INT, they didn't degrade Curtis either, like most announcers would do. They also complimented Stewart Bradly, too.

I also loved watching Jackson fail in the 2nd half. If he's the Vike's future QB, their not going anywhere in the postseason anytime soon.Edited by: Jack Lambert

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Yeah, from what I watched, Buck and Aikman were praising Kevin Curtis whenever he made a good play, and when McNabb overthrew Curtis for the INT, they didn't degrade Curtis either, like most announcers would do. They also complimented Stewart Bradly, too.

I also loved watching Jackson fail in the 2nd half. If he's the Vike's future QB, their not going anywhere in the postseason anytime soon.
I was about to say that Tarvaris actually looked like a real qb for the first half. Shoot he even threw a proper out pass. Then late in the game he unraveled like a cheap sweater. I guess my mind was playing tricks with me.
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Both the Eagles and Vikes started 7 whites! When was the last time that happened?

Both McNabb and Jackhole helped strengthen the stereotype of the black QB.

Anyone doubting the caste system should think of this: Frerotte goes 8-3 and leads Minnesota to the playoffs. Jackhole goes 2-4 for the season. Guess who gets the start!

Bart

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
I must say, Im beginning to like the duo of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. I heard lots and lots of praise from them on white players making plays, on both sides, from both teams. I guess there's a reason they're Fox's #1 team.

And they weren't afraid to criticize the black players who made mistakes. It was a very good game to watch and listen to.

I have also noticed this about them. Hope they continue.

Jared Allen and the Vikings defense played a great game, giving up only one offensive touchdown on something of a fluke play (screen to Westbrook). Even a mediocre QB could have gotten a win for the Vikings, but Jackson couldn't even muster first downs in the 2d half.

One of the announcers said that Curtis is a "very good" or even a "great" player, so I'll give these two some credit.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
foobar75 said:

It was also nice to see Tarvaris Jackson unravel in the 2nd half, good riddance Brad Childress.

Aikman is my second favorite announcer after Jim Nantz. Neither engage in Caste-speak. And Buck is very good too, he just calls the game.

Unfortunately, the presence of motormouth Phil Simms
smiley8.gif
detracts from Nantz's topnotch game calling.

foobar75

Master
Don Wassall said:
Aikman is my second favorite announcer after Jim Nantz.  Neither engage in Caste-speak.  And Buck is very good too, he just calls the game.

Unfortunately, the presence of motormouth Phil Simms
smiley8.gif
 detracts from Nantz's topnotch game calling.

Good call on Nantz, I was going to post about him after a game about 2 weeks ago, but forgot. He's indeed top notch.

I guess this is a good situation that two very good combos (Aikman/Buck and Nantz/Simms) are the respective #1s in their networks.

They're certainly magnitudes better than the other so-called #1s (Madden/Michaels, the MNF Trio) and most of the other caste-clowns. I've heard Moose Johnston on a couple of occasions, and he, too, is pretty good. Edited by: foobar75

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I haven't heard Jim Nantz and Phil Simms much lately, but I think Troy Aikman and Joe Buck are the best team out there. I agree with foobar75 that Darryl Johnston is pretty good as well.

Gi-15

Mentor
Jim Leonhard played a GREAT game today. I hope he gets a starter job somewhere in the offseason, cause I don't trust the ravens to re-sign him and pay him starter money, not with 2 younger safety like Tommy Z and Nakamura waiting in the wing, and hurt former starter Dawan Landry, which everybody seems to like, and I don't know why... He would be great opposite Nick Collins in GB

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Joseph Addai was a turd all year. Apparently unless he has gaping holes to run through he's not much. And he gets injured easily."

Yeah, very good observation. Addai is yet another black bust (who wasnt even that great at LSU) who constantly goes unmentioned for his poor performances and injury-plagued seasons. He's a generic player, and doesnt play with any passion or intensity. Basically, he's soft.

As Don mentioned, hopefully psuedo-good-guy and bonafide head-case, Marvin Harrison, finally retires or is let go. As is typical, he was a ghost in the playoffs.

On a lighter note, it was hilarious to watch the Colts' "affletic" defense finally screw them for good. LB Clint Session's incredibly asinine facemask was especially moronic. Tony Dungheap should probably bring in some smarter players. Hmm, I wonder if casteoff LB Rob Morris would have made that kind of critical blunder? Not likely.

How fitting that the "superhuman" Boob Sanders (who actually was not injured) was the one who missed the final tackle on Sproles' winning TD run. Mr. Glass probably shattered a hip on that play.Edited by: Thrashen

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Good observations Thrashen. I was going to point out the obvious with regard to the back to back penalties incurred by the Afroletes on the Colts defense. The face mask was very stupid, however, the pass interference/holding on the corner earlier in the drive I thought was the dumbest(the ball did not look catchable anyway.)

I have always said that the Afroletes play with emotion,rather than intellect and this game bore my sentiments out quite clearly.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Cris Collinsworth has ascended to be the worst Caste clown of them all. All game long he keeps referring to "terrible mistakes" by white players while blacks almost always get a pass for their far more frequent gaffes.

I can't help but to wonder if Collinsworth is on drugs. He acts like he is on quaaludes or some other type of depressant. When he is not babbling incoherently, he is spewing nothing but caste propaganda. It is like he can't even form a coherent sentence without resorting to "scripted" talking points. Is it just me, or do you guys ever get that impression from him?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't watch or listen to Collinsworth hardly at allbecause of his extreme pro-Caste stance. I can only stand so much of the casteholes.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd guess amphetamines before depressants if he's on something as Collinsworth never shuts up.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Is it me or does Collinsworth have a bit of the class clown in him when he commentates? It's almost if he trying out comedy lines while on the air? Dennis Miller was bad enough but Dennis Miller light I can do with out. I even find Sheckie Green(Tony Kornholer) better(in the comedic sense)...
smiley11.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately Troy Aikman isn't completely immune from Caste pandering. In his column for the current Sporting News, he breaks down the quarterbacks for all the various playoff teams into various categories. His final one is called "Young guns: Joe Flacco, Tarvaris Jackson, Matty Ryan," and he writes: "There is a great amount of talent in this group. Wow. They're the future of the NFL."
smiley36.gif

Well, two of them appear to be.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Unfortunately Troy Aikman isn't completely immune from Caste pandering.  In his column for the current Sporting News, he breaks down the quarterbacks for all the various playoff teams into various categories.  His final one is called "Young guns: Joe Flacco, Tarvaris Jackson, Matty Ryan," and he writes:  "There is a great amount of talent in this group.  Wow.  They're the future of the NFL." 
smiley36.gif

Well, two of them appear to be.  <!-- Message ''"" -->

maybe he HAD to name one "minority" QB
smiley36.gif
and who was it going ot be? JaMarcus? at least Jackson had like one decent game, statistically speaking!
smiley2.gif
Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He was categorizing only the 12 QBs in the playoffs. McNabb was in the "Been there, not done that"category with Kerry Collins and Jake Delhomme (QBs who have gone to the Super Bowl but their team didn't win).

He couldn't really fit Jackson into his own category, like "What were they thinking when they drafted this loser," so he had to lump him in somewhere. Hopefully he was laughing when he wrote it.
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope so too, Don.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Cris Collinsworth looks like one of those creepy men who haven't actually been around the world but like to tell people who come from other countries all about their culture as if he knows something they don't.

Basically, a know-nothing know it all, who would really be doing the world a favor if he walked into someone's fist.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon, that is one of the funniest and truthful posts I have seen, not just about Collinsworth, but about several people I have met. I laughed out loud when I read your post! Great stuff!
smiley32.gif
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of people are picking the Ravens to beat the Titans, who had the best record in the AFC. Seems like there's a lot of excessive manlove for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

Reed early on in his career didn't mind tackling that much butquickly gaveup that part of his job description. I knew he was way over-rated compared to the Bob Sanders-like drooling being done over him these days, but even I was shocked to see how few tackles he had this season.

Are you ready? The player many Caste clowns are hyping as the league's MVP had 41 tackles in 2008 -- 34 solo and 7 assisted.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
A white safety with twice that many would be cursed out of the league by the DWFs and media as a hapless loser.

But Big Bad Ed did exceed his 2007 tackle total -- last year he had 39.
smiley36.gif
In his rookie season he had a mediocre 85 tackles and it's been downhill ever since.

But hey, he's a ball hawk! Instead of such minor matters as covering and tackling, Ed hangs out in the backfield and waits for the occasional stray pass to intercept. And the media goes crazy!

The Steelers used to have a safety like that, Darren Perry. He got lots of interceptions by doing the same thing, catching stray passes when he was usually 5 or 10 yards away from the intended receiver. Any time a defender would get a lucky pick like that we always called it a "Darren Perry interception." Move over, permanently injured Bob Sanders and make way for Ed "40 Tackles a Season" Reed, the NFL's new best defensive player.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Anyone know how many whites the Titans are starting? CBS does not show all the players like the other channels so it is hard to tell. It is either 5 or 6.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It makes me sick to see fat turds like White and McClain carrying the ball, also washed up Lorenzo Neal, too.
smiley11.gif
I cannot cheer for the Ravens for that reason.