Playoffs ’08

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Liverlips said:
Anyone know how many whites the Titans are starting? CBS does not show all the players like the other channels so it is hard to tell. It is either 5 or 6.

Bothteams started 5 whites and 17 blacks. And it seems like all 34 black starters have been injured at some point during the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If the Titans lose it'll be because of turnovers and penalties, but also because they have the typical horrible group of receivers. With RB Chris Johnson injured all of a sudden Tennessee has no offense. Justin Gage is the best of a very bad lot of receivers, but he disappears for games at a time during the season.

Derrick Mason is the only receiver on either team who should be playing as a professional.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Of the Ravens two starting safeties today, "superduperstar" Ed Reed had 3 tackles and 1 assist in the game and "journeyman" Jim Leonhard had 5 tackles and a forced fumble. The forced fumble was on Algae Crumpler as he was running near the goal line, probably the key play of the game.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah Don, I agree, only Mason should be a pro from that group of WRs. The Titans also screwed themselves letting White pound the rock for 2 yards or less most times he touched the ball. Just think, the 4 or 5 receivers besides Mason might have took a whites place in the NFL, or another black bust.

Most of the blacks injured seemed to have overreacted, some laying on the ground forever, and then coming back into the game within a few minutes. Ravens nearly screwed themselves letting McClain and Neal run the ball, too.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Jim Leonhard should have had more recognition from the announcers. Made some big tackles, recovered a fumble, and had a very good punt return.

Edit: I just read Don's post. So Leonhard also forced the Crumpler fumble? I don't think Dierdorph mentioned it.

Edited by: Bart

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
"Edge" was tearing it up yesterday averaging 1-2 yards per carry! Man what the caste-traitors won't do to keep a washed up, has been playing, rather than having a white brother on the field.

Leonard gave another very good performance, just like the one last week. It was good to see him and Zibekowski on the field at the same time. Looks like the Ravens also have an Amerasian safety on the team.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Tennessee defeated a lot of weak AFC teams in the regular season. That's why today's "good" teams aren't usually very good. Not battle-tested.

We are in a new paradigm. Could there not be better evidence of the watered-down nature of the NFL. Where is the abundance of "talent?"

G

On Fox's pregame coverage, Howie Long was humping the legs of Wide Receivers Fitzgerald and Smith by going on ad nauseam about their skill-sets. Michael Strahan tried to one-up Long by making an even bigger boob of himself, however. Here's a paraphrase of their exchange...

Long: "They've got such great body control."

Strahan: "You mention body control. It's not so much body control but these guys really know how to adjust and put themselves in a position to make a play."
smiley8.gif

Gee Mike, I don't know but I'd say being able to adjust to the ball and put yourself in a position to make a play is what most people mean by "body control".

You can bet that not only will the producers of the show never consider replacing a black on account of moronic comments but his white co-hosts will always show deference by refusing to bust his balls (even though it would be in line with the general tone of these sophomoric spectacles).

Bear Backer

Mentor
Deadlift said:
Tennessee defeated a lot of weak AFC teams in the regular season. That's why today's "good" teams aren't usually very good. Not battle-tested.

We are in a new paradigm. Could there not be better evidence of the watered-down nature of the NFL. Where is the abundance of "talent?"

Yes, this is the era of "Parody" that the NFL has so long hoped for. I say parody is jest because...well that is what the NFL has become, a mockery. There are very few elite teams anymore from year to year, mostly teams that seem to fall into a catergory of varying shades of bad. Even the so so called good teams often have critical flaws. The NFL has seemingly worked hard for this situation through various actions over the years, from overextending the league through expansion, to the anti-white discrimination,rewarding poor fundamentals, rule changes to punish defenses and ridiculous free agency. The NFL is basically drawing its talent pool mostly from a small percentage of the population that numbers under 7 percent of the total population, black males. It is even smaller if you take into account that NFL players are between the age ranges of generally 21 to 35. It is not wonder that the talent level is so poor compared to the past.

The NFL seems to think this is good for business, but I would not be so sure if this doesn't wind up coming back to haunt them like it did the NBA. Does anyone watch the NBA anymore? Drunk white fans who make up the vast majority of fans (travel to a stadium sometime and observe this) are stupid, but they are not that stupid. They abandonned the NBA in droves when it started to become clear that it was a league populated by thugs who were fundamentally poor. The NFL is not far off from the NBA in terms of degeneration. I think even the NFL realizes this to a certain extent as they installed Roger Goodell as the tough boss who was supposed to be the man to clean up the NFL, but has so far been anything but. The NFL does have the luxury of not having to play foreign teams in the Olympics, which I believe was one of the factors that helped bust the mystique of the NBA, but they still have a poor economy to deal with and a resentment which I believe is slowly starting to fester in the public over the Marxist social engineering that has taken place in general society over the last 4-5 decades as well in professional sports.

For the first time this year I saw alot of resentment over the fact that foreign fans (mainly Japanese) had alot of influence on the All-Star voting in MLB. The NFL does not exist in a vacuum despite its almost religion like status and I believe that we have already seen a bit of a drop in ratings and popularity that might only continue if the credibility of the play on the field is not restored.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Sky is falling alert: Chase Blackburn gets an official start today for the Giants. LJ Smith starts at TE for the Eagles for some reason, thought they were past him.

At least Aikman is calling it. He praised Stewart Bradley's speed on the first drive for NY. He'll keep it tolerable.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
A lot of people are picking the Ravens to beat the Titans, who had the best record in the AFC.  Seems like there's a lot of excessive manlove for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. 

Reed early on in his career didn't mind tackling that much but quickly gave up that part of his job description.  I knew he was way over-rated compared to the Bob Sanders-like drooling being done over him these days, but even I was shocked to see how few tackles he had this season.

Are you ready?  The player many Caste clowns are hyping as the league's MVP had 41 tackles in 2008 -- 34 solo and 7 assisted. 
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
 A white safety with twice that many would be cursed out of the league by the DWFs and media as a hapless loser. 

But Big Bad Ed did exceed his 2007 tackle total -- last year he had 39. 
smiley36.gif
  In his rookie season he had a mediocre 85 tackles and it's been downhill ever since.

But hey, he's a ball hawk!  Instead of such minor matters as covering and tackling, Ed hangs out in the backfield and waits for the occasional stray pass to intercept.  And the media goes crazy! 

The Steelers used to have a safety like that, Darren Perry.  He got lots of interceptions by doing the same thing, catching stray passes when he was usually 5 or 10 yards away from the intended receiver.  Any time a defender would get a lucky pick like that we always called it a "Darren Perry interception."  Move over, permanently injured Bob Sanders and make way for Ed "40 Tackles a Season" Reed, the NFL's new best defensive player.

Even a experienced caste guy like me had bought into the hype about how special a player Ed Reed is and I pretty much believed that he was the best safety in the NFL. I believed that until I read your post Don and the tackling statistics or lack of tackling that you made me aware of concerning Reed. I have never heard anybody covering the NFL who ever had anything negative to say about that area of Reed's game, thanks for the insight.

speedster

Mentor
Yeah,good eye Don I wasn't aware of Edward's lack of tackling either.On to today's game.Kevin Curtis was open over the middle and Donny missed him and the announcers said"good coverage" and "nowhere for McNabb to throw." Typical.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bear Backer said:
Yes, this is the era of "Parody" that the NFL has so long hoped for. I say parody is jest because...well that is what the NFL has become, a mockery. There are very few elite teams anymore from year to year, mostly teams that seem to fall into a catergory of varying shades of bad. Even the so so called good teams often have critical flaws. The NFL has seemingly worked hard for this situation through various actions over the years, from overextending the league through expansion, to the anti-white discrimination,rewarding poor fundamentals, rule changes to punish defenses and ridiculous free agency. The NFL is basically drawing its talent pool mostly from a small percentage of the population that numbers under 7 percent of the total population, black males. It is even smaller if you take into account that NFL players are between the age ranges of generally 21 to 35. It is not wonder that the talent level is so poor compared to the past.

The NFL seems to think this is good for business, but I would not be so sure if this doesn't wind up coming back to haunt them like it did the NBA. Does anyone watch the NBA anymore? Drunk white fans who make up the vast majority of fans (travel to a stadium sometime and observe this) are stupid, but they are not that stupid. They abandonned the NBA in droves when it started to become clear that it was a league populated by thugs who were fundamentally poor. The NFL is not far off from the NBA in terms of degeneration. I think even the NFL realizes this to a certain extent as they installed Roger Goodell as the tough boss who was supposed to be the man to clean up the NFL, but has so far been anything but. The NFL does have the luxury of not having to play foreign teams in the Olympics, which I believe was one of the factors that helped bust the mystique of the NBA, but they still have a poor economy to deal with and a resentment which I believe is slowly starting to fester in the public over the Marxist social engineering that has taken place in general society over the last 4-5 decades as well in professional sports.

For the first time this year I saw alot of resentment over the fact that foreign fans (mainly Japanese) had alot of influence on the All-Star voting in MLB. The NFL does not exist in a vacuum despite its almost religion like status and I believe that we have already seen a bit of a drop in ratings and popularity that might only continue if the credibility of the play on the field is not restored.

The drop in popularity of the NBA was fast and amazing. It went from being "hip" to irrelevant pretty much overnight, so that has to give us hope that the NFL is not immune from the same happening to it.

The bad economy will put a damper on gambling for many as well, which is a big part of the NFL's popularity.

Also, once the long-running mania for fantasy football peaks and begins to decline (as it does for all hobbies), that will have a big effect on the NFL. Fantasy baseball, basketball and hockey are all very modest in popularity compared to football. The media and NFL are very awareof how important boosting fantasy football is, as pre-game shows and the gamesthemselves are more and more oriented toward giving out ff information. The constant updating of individual player stats after almost every play during a game is done almost solely for the benefit of ff players, as are the scrolls of other games at the bottom of the screen. Edited by: Don Wassall

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing all the upsets in the playoffs this year, I was thinking about this last night before today's Giants-Eagles game. Here's the ideal Caste scenario, one I canfeel coming but hope I'm wrong:

Donovan McNabb overcomes the trauma and racism of being benched for one half of one game by leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl win. Better yet, the Eagles defeat the Ravens, the team Philly was playing when poor Donovan was benched.

McNabb becomes the second black QB to win a Super Bowl and becomes the toast of the media for the next eight months.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If McNabb wins the Superbowl we will probably have a national holiday for him. Then he can also feed the media all his bull about what a struggle it is to be a black quarterback. I am glad to be back on the site. My internet was down for almost a week!!Edited by: whiteathlete33

Poacher

Mentor
If the Eagles (9-6-1), Cardinals (8-8) or Chargers (8-8) win the SB I've watched my last NFL game. I refuse to watch a league in which the championship depends not on sustained effort and professionalism but rather on some vague and womanish idea of "getting hot at the right time." These people are supposed to be professionals.

Edited by: Poacher

Don Wassall said:
Seeing all the upsets in the playoffs this year, I was thinking about this last night before today's Giants-Eagles game. Here's the ideal Caste scenario, one I canfeel coming but hope I'm wrong:

Donovan McNabb overcomes the trauma and racism of being benched for one half of one game by leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl win. Better yet, the Eagles defeat the Ravens, the team Philly was playing when poor Donovan was benched.
McNabb becomes the second black QB to win a Super Bowl and becomes the toast of the media for the next eight months.
No doubt this will happen. However, I think the Eagles winning may have a positive effect for one reason: Kevin Curtis. He is clearly so much quicker than the other guys on the field. If he has a big game on the biggest stage in sports, that would open some eyes. With guys like Wes Welker, McGuffie and Hillis rattling around in people's minds, Curtis (virtually unknown by the casual fan) would be a nice cherry on top of a year of football that I think shook the caste system to a small degree.
Edited by: Fightingtowin

Bear Backer

Mentor
God what a hiddeous playoffs so far. It just may be the McNabb bowl after all.
smiley11.gif
To think that we could realistically see an 8-8 team and a 9-6-1 team representing their conferences is beyond mind boggling. I still think the Iggles will probably blow it before they reach the Superbowl though. They seem like they are due to come back to reality and it is difficult to beat a team twice. Still the Cardinals don't present that much more of an exciting option.
smiley11.gif
That any one of the three teams: Eagles, Cardinals and Chargers are potentially one game away from a Superbowl birth just shows how far the NFL is falling in terms of quality. Even Baltimore with a Rookie QB should be nowhere near the Conference Championship no matter how good of a Rookie Flacco is.

It is possibilities like McNabb and the mediocre Eagles maybe winning a Superbowl right after Obama gets elected that almost makes you wonder if this stuff isn't all fixed. That is until you just look around and realize just how bad the NFL is becoming, and yet our guys aren't deemed good enough to be given equal chances to play. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!Edited by: Bear Backer

dwid

Hall of Famer
Sproles continues to get carries, 11 carries for 16 yards. less than 1.5 ypc. they need to give some carries to Hester. They are dumb for not doing that.

They were ready to annoint sproles as this great rb before he started a game. People on the saints forum were suggesting we trade reggie bush for darren sproles. Hes basically a smaller version of reggie bush.
Edited by: dwid

Bear Backer said:
God what a hiddeous playoffs so far. It just may be the McNabb bowl after all.
smiley11.gif
To think that we could realistically see an 8-8 team and a 9-6-1 team representing their conferences is beyond mind boggling. I still think the Iggles will probably blow it before they reach the Superbowl though. They seem like they are due to come back to reality and it is difficult to beat a team twice. Still the Cardinals don't present that much more of an exciting option.
smiley11.gif
That any one of the three teams: Eagles, Cardinals and Chargers are potentially one game away from a Superbowl birth just shows how far the NFL is falling in terms of quality. Even Baltimore with a Rookie QB should be nowhere near the Conference Championship no matter how good of a Rookie Flacco is.

It is possibilities like McNabb and the mediocre Eagles maybe winning a Superbowl right after Obama gets elected that almost makes you wonder if this stuff isn't all fixed. That is until you just look around and realize just how bad the NFL is becoming, and yet our guys aren't deemed good enough to be given equal chances to play. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
I don't think it is that the NFL has fallen as a whole, I think it is just parity. We could go back to the days when teams like the Cowboys and 49ers dominated, but the system isn't set up like that anymore. Remember how the AFC teams would simply fight for the privilege of getting slaughtered by the NFC team? You could argue that the NFL was down then because an entire conference was weak. I do think the NFC is down this year, but the AFC is strong and would be much stronger if not for Brady going down.
Edited by: Fightingtowin

That San Diego DB Gordon is awful. He can't tackle for his life and he seems to get burned on every pass play. They seem to be paying dearly for not starting Steve Gregory.

FlowFusion

Eric Weddle's gonna be blamed for this loss. That
kickoff bouncing off his head, and the pass interference
call gave Pittsburgh 2 touchdowns.

FlowFusion

Looks like there'll be pretty dark Conference
Championship games next weekend according to Don's
grading system.

1h2tdy.jpg
Edited by: FlowFusion

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not only that, just 4 out of the 20starting offensive linemen on the final four teams are white.

The way the past few drafts have gone and the way the upcoming one is looking, the o-line isabout to give wayfrom the rough 50-50 split it's been the past half dozen or so years to heavily black over the next two to three seasons.Edited by: Don Wassall