NFL Week 16

Warhawk_46

Master
Just got home from a workout, so I haven't watched the entire game, but from what I've seen, the Lions as well as other teams I've watched playing the Panthers, do not stack 8-9 defenders in the box like when CMAC was with them. Just saw Hubbard run through a whole my daughter could run through. The Lions had four on the line and the ends were super spread out and two LB's. I don't ever recall seeing a defense that spread apart when CMAC was in the backfield. Because the defense dared Mayfield to throw the ball, they could stack up the line and take away anything that CMAC could do.
Agreed, however one almost has to wonder why on earth are defenses playing the Panthers like that? They aren’t going to wow anyone with their passing game, no matter who is under center. They lack the weapons in the passing game to do so.

So everyone —and I mean everyone- knows they are going to run the ball 2/3 or 3/4 of the time…

And yet they spread out and give huge lanes for the backs to run through…

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Chiefs DE George Karlaftis has a another sack today. His 4th in the last 5 games. He’s gonna be a good one for a long time.

Warhawk_46

Master
Continued anger and frustration with the lack of usage of Rex Burkhead. He is a better back than both of the blacks who are getting the opportunity with Pierce out. They are each averaging around two and half yards per carry.

Give Rex the ball!!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Agreed, however one almost has to wonder why on earth are defenses playing the Panthers like that? They aren’t going to wow anyone with their passing game, no matter who is under center. They lack the weapons in the passing game to do so.

So everyone —and I mean everyone- knows they are going to run the ball 2/3 or 3/4 of the time…

And yet they spread out and give huge lanes for the backs to run through…
Right, I agree. The only reason is maybe they respect Darnold a little more than Mayfield. Other than that, I don't understand it either. BTW, does anyone else here have trouble with Homophones. Words that sound the same and have a different meaning/or spelling. I mean I know the difference but as I've gotten older I seem to make this mistake more than I used to. Example: I just used whole for hole. Why? Anyone else. I'll use the excuse, brain damage from Cancer treatment to my head and neck. Sorry for being off topic. Just wondering?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Continued anger and frustration with the lack of usage of Rex Burkhead. He is a better back than both of the blacks who are getting the opportunity with Pierce out. They are each averaging around two and half yards per carry.

Give Rex the ball!!
This is frustrating but with Hatie Smiff running things he’d literally sign a homeless black bum off of the street and let him carry the ball before Rex. I’m sure if he had the control, he’d just cut him but maybe the GM is preventing that?

Anyways, Rex found the endzone on a fumble recovery. Guess he’s got to find creative ways to find the ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hockenson with a great TD catch, his second of the game!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Zylstra with his third TD catch, we all saw that coming, right!!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Another 100 yard game for Travis Kelce who can get them in his sleep.

On the other side of the field, the wheels are really falling off for Geno Smiff and Plantation Pete. After a hot start, it seems that a loss today will remove them from the playoff picture. Goodbye.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another 100 yard game for Travis Kelce who can get them in his sleep.

On the other side of the field, the wheels are really falling off for Geno Smiff and Plantation Pete. After a hot start, it seems that a loss today will remove them from the playoff picture. Goodbye.

Always great to see. I still can't believe Smiff was voted to the pro bowl.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LOL Watson loses the game for the Browns...holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked. Browns eliminated from the playoffs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Patriots are making it a game against the Bengals with 6 minutes left

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
No magic for Justin Fields today -- 7 rushes for 11 yards, 119 yards passing, Buffalo ahead 35-13

Warhawk_46

Master
This is frustrating but with Hatie Smiff running things he’d literally sign a homeless black bum off of the street and let him carry the ball before Rex. I’m sure if he had the control, he’d just cut him but maybe the GM is preventing that?

Anyways, Rex found the endzone on a fumble recovery. Guess he’s got to find creative ways to find the ball.
Rex is a ball player, plain and simple. The genius talked about him being a 4 down player, extremely rare.

Of course, the genius then promptly jettisoned Rex even though he always came through in the clutch for the Patriots…

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Giants lose. I do wish they would lock Jones up long term. Hopefully they win out and get into the playoffs.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
LOL Watson loses the game for the Browns...holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked. Browns eliminated from the playoffs.
It’s incredible the Browns are paying the deviant Watson like a top QB and so far he’s been worse than their backup Brissett. It’s safe to say this move will be a career killer for the GM and HC who bet on the wrong pony.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just got home from a workout, so I haven't watched the entire game, but from what I've seen, the Lions as well as other teams I've watched playing the Panthers, do not stack 8-9 defenders in the box like when CMAC was with them. Just saw Hubbard run through a hole my daughter could run through. The Lions had four on the line and the ends were super spread out and two LB's. I don't ever recall seeing a defense that spread apart when CMAC was in the backfield. Because the defense dared Mayfield to throw the ball, they could stack up the line and take away anything that CMAC could do.
So, Washington comes out with 5 DL and 3 LB's, 8 in the box. Fortunately, Purdy can pass down the field. CMAC out for some reason? If Washington continues with this defense, expect a tough day for CMAC.
That play looked really BAD!!