NFL Week 16

Rocky B

Master
Jags vs Jets.....
Lawrence looking good.....Wilson isn’t....
Streveler is playing as a backup QB for the Jets.....The crowd is finally happy....Running QB

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone the Jets put in at QB is an instant upgrade on Wilson, unfortunately. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but he truly played poorly (again) in a game the Jets needed to keep their playoff hopes alive. It wasn't all on Zach by any means as Jax moved the ball up and down the field on the Jets' D, and the NY O-line is wretched. But whether it's Mike White, Joe Flacco, or tonight even Chris Streveler, they've all outplayed Wilson.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Anyone the Jets put in at QB is an instant upgrade on Wilson, unfortunately. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but he truly played poorly (again) in a game the Jets needed to keep their playoff hopes alive. It wasn't all on Zach by any means as Jax moved the ball up and down the field on the Jets' D, and the NY O-line is wretched. But whether it's Mike White, Joe Flacco, or tonight even Chris Streveler, they've all outplayed Wilson.
At 27 years of age you have to wonder if the NY Jets would give Chris Streveler an honest chance to win the starting job if he played
well done the stretch. I would say it's highly doubtful but is nothing else he could secure a number 2 or 3 qb role for next fall. Zach Wilson
will be long gone after this season is over and I can't see much interest in him being anything other than a 3rd backup qb going forward.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well Streveler ran hard from what I saw. He's a D2 guy right? He's carved himself out a nice role past few seasons.

I do agree Wilson looked horrible, it's amazing Jets overachieved and won 7 games! Jets hung Wilson out to dry on that hail Mary pick before half. It was pouring rain out and they decide to have Wilson chuck it up for grabs, resulting in a pick. Just run the ball and the clock out and take your sorry asses to half time. Instead another bad INT goes on to Wilson's stat line.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wilson has certainly shown immaturity which is totally acceptable for black players but a scarlet letter for White ones. Wilson is a 23 year old kid, drafted when he was 21 and was totally built up by the media now ripping him down. How much of his struggles are of his own doing? How much of it is due to playing in an offense not familiar to him? Not trying to make excuses for his play but again we see a White QB being put into an unfavorable situation. We can say this ad naseuem but Murray, Hurts, Jackson, Mahomes were all put into favorable situations and in three cases an offense was built around them rather than them having to learn an offensive system. Let's not forget each franchise doing their best to surround them with players to help them.

Wilson was highly touted and the DWFs were all enamored with him, now they have turned on him just as quickly. Mostly man boys on social media trying to out snark one another as they tear down yet another White athlete. I am personally rooting for Wilson - he needs to mature and grow up a little. All the black loud moufed talking heads given a forum by the major sports networks also enjoy attacking Whitey. Do we really ever see them all come "knives out" against black players?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wilson has certainly shown immaturity which is totally acceptable for black players but a scarlet letter for White ones. Wilson is a 23 year old kid, drafted when he was 21 and was totally built up by the media now ripping him down. How much of his struggles are of his own doing? How much of it is due to playing in an offense not familiar to him? Not trying to make excuses for his play but again we see a White QB being put into an unfavorable situation. We can say this ad naseuem but Murray, Hurts, Jackson, Mahomes were all put into favorable situations and in three cases an offense was built around them rather than them having to learn an offensive system. Let's not forget each franchise doing their best to surround them with players to help them.

Wilson was highly touted and the DWFs were all enamored with him, now they have turned on him just as quickly. Mostly man boys on social media trying to out snark one another as they tear down yet another White athlete. I am personally rooting for Wilson - he needs to mature and grow up a little. All the black loud moufed talking heads given a forum by the major sports networks also enjoy attacking Whitey. Do we really ever see them all come "knives out" against black players?
I tend to agree kid gloves are used for Black failures and personal attacks are much more common for White ones. I will say this if he is a degenerate like Watson clearly is then the kid gloves will come off to a point but will never be as bad for a White qb.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The first time Wilson was sacked the boobirds were already active. I knew there was tremendous pressure on him to perform, but that seemed a bit much. Mind you I have not watched any full games of Wilson's, so I can't say if that was warranted. Last night he did not perform, and I wondered if he is not being handled right or if he doesn't have a clue. Maybe Sean McVay can build him up cause he doesn't have a future in New York. I remember Tim Tebow's throwing was criticized so much (24hrs a day it seemed like) that it finally took its toll on Tim. He was bouncing balls to receivers by the time it was all over with.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I looked up Streveler's bio. 4.5 40. Close to 40 inch vertical. Wonder how he slipped through the cracks and ended up in D2?
Maybe he was more of an athlete than a qb at the time. I forgot he was a decent CFL qb but even there he was back up but he did play in and win the Grey Cup, but usually a guy like this never gets a look in the NFL.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Trevor Lawrence was in a terrible situation last year but has improved markedly this season to the point that he's now elite or close to it. Wilson hasn't improved at all yet. It could well be coaching, but what strikes me is he's been benched for three other QBs at times this season, and all three of them played better than Wilson, notably so. As soon as Streveler came in the offense had a rhythm to it whereas it was completely disjointed prior to that. Streveler played like a gamer, as does White.

It may be that the "locker room" has decisively turned against Wilson as was reported several weeks ago when he made what may be a fatal mistake for a White QB and didn't assign all the blame to himself for the offense's poor play. He may yet blossom somewhere else but he seems finished with the Jets now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Trenton Irwin with a nice TD catch, Burrow with two TD throws already.

Warhawk_46

Master
It is amazing to see how great a running team the Panthers have become. What sucks is their transition happened after McCaffrey left, so in a way it could be framed as he was holding them back from their potential.

However, what I see is a team playing smash-mouth football and physically dominating their opponents at the line of scrimmage. I really enjoy that brand of football. It is a throwback!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Falcons 1st round WR with another fumble today after fumbling last week.

Warhawk_46

Master
Saints need to go all-in with Taysom Hill. Dalton is serviceable and has been a good quarterback in the past, but today’s NFL is tailor-made for Taysom Hill.

If he was black with his running ability he would have been starting from day one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Trey Hendricksen is playing with a broken wrist today, that's what you call tough.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some really good games on. Vikings doing what they have done all season long. They are Super Bowl Bound in my opinion.

I'm concentrating on the Ravens as I really want to see Isabella get a few catches and make a slight impact where they will play
him more going forward. It's rare I say this but go Ravens!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It is amazing to see how great a running team the Panthers have become. What sucks is their transition happened after McCaffrey left, so in a way it could be framed as he was holding them back from their potential.

However, what I see is a team playing smash-mouth football and physically dominating their opponents at the line of scrimmage. I really enjoy that brand of football. It is a throwback!
Just got home from a workout, so I haven't watched the entire game, but from what I've seen, the Lions as well as other teams I've watched playing the Panthers, do not stack 8-9 defenders in the box like when CMAC was with them. Just saw Hubbard run through a hole my daughter could run through. The Lions had four on the line and the ends were super spread out and two LB's. I don't ever recall seeing a defense that spread apart when CMAC was in the backfield. Because the defense dared Mayfield to throw the ball, they could stack up the line and take away anything that CMAC could do.

Last edited:

Wildcat

Saints need to go all-in with Taysom Hill. Dalton is serviceable and has been a good quarterback in the past, but today’s NFL is tailor-made for Taysom Hill.

If he was black with his running ability he would have been starting from day one.
Agreed. I’d love the saints to grab Streveler bring a new OC and just craft a whole new scheme around that QB room.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hill runs one in!

Burrow throws for 289 yards in the first half, the most ever in the first half against a Genius coached team!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hill runs one in!

Burrow throws for 289 yards in the first half, the most ever in the first half against a Genius coached team!

With an all upside defense! Hilarious.

Rooting against Vrabel's congo titans today as well.