NFL News, Rumors and Musings

wile

Master
Thanks. I've always considered "Dances with Wolves" to be one of the most overrated movies of all time, along with "Avatar" (which was literally just "Dances with Wolves" in space).

I actually love that movie, but then again I know it is bunk that even slanders the Pawnee for the gentle "People", but then again I love America's Great Plains, and bison. And to think Costner was a Reagan supporter, but the Psyop that rules us broke him and what avenues are there for accomplished whites but to be "White Savior scourge of the 'white supremacists.'"

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Neither Baker Mayfield or Andy Isabella moved over the draft. Curious to see what happens to them over the next few months.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Neither Baker Mayfield or Andy Isabella moved over the draft. Curious to see what happens to them over the next few months.

I wonder if the Browns are going to keep Mayfield in case Watson gets suspended. If he doesn't maybe then they'll trade him. If he does they can play Mayfield, possibly increasing his value, until Watson returns and then trade him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mayfield and Jimmy G. have been the big losers in this offseason's quarterback musical chairs. There's no starting jobs left so they'll have to hope for preseason injuries. Mayfield has likely burned too many bridges to ever play for the Browns again. Actually it's the other way around, the Browns have screwed him over so much it's difficult but not impossible to see him playing for Cleveland again no matter what happens to Watson.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns have to pay Mayfield 18+ million this season no matter what.

If the Browns don't trade him he'll play for them this season.

Phall

Master
Antonio Brown calls Colin Kaepernick "trash" and says all his foundations never sent any of their money to the hood.

In his own retarded, quintessentially-black way, he is saying that the black community should not accept Kaepernick's media-driven narrative (while still asserting that they are all victims of racism).

Video at link: https://twitter.com/ScoopB/status/1522341977358020608

wile

Master
Antonio Brown calls Colin Kaepernick "trash" and says all his foundations never sent any of their money to the hood.

In his own retarded, quintessentially-black way, he is saying that the black community should not accept Kaepernick's media-driven narrative (while still asserting that they are all victims of racism).

Video at link: https://twitter.com/ScoopB/status/1522341977358020608

Way back in the day when MTV played music videos about the same time the rap wars were occurring some video which for some reason the Jewish owned MTV allowed was basically one of their own selling out to a you know who music producer and said rapper getting blasted dramatically. So yeah that is basic Kapernick, might as well throw a kippa on his fro and send him to Jerusalem to put a message in the wall.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jeudy was already a bust after two seasons even before this. Of course, Russell Wilson was going to magically turn him into a superstar in the '22 season. Always beware the "most NFL ready" tag

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jeudy was already a bust after two seasons even before this. Of course, Russell Wilson was going to magically turn him into a superstar in the '22 season. Always beware the "most NFL ready" tag

Alabama players have a very high bust rate yet the NFL and media view Saban's program as elite - this is a huge problem and illustrates the narrow minded group think of the NFL. Here some all time busts and average/mediocre players that have been drafted in the first round since Saban became coach at Alabama:

Andre Smith
Rolando McClain
James Carpenter
Trent Richardson
Mark Barron
Dee Millner
Chance Warmack - mediocre not full out bust
DJ Fluker
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
Reuben Foster
Calvin Ridley
Quinnen Williams
Josh Jacobs
Tua Tagoviloia

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
Alabama players have a very high bust rate yet the NFL and media view Saban's program as elite - this is a huge problem and illustrates the narrow minded group think of the NFL. Here some all time busts and average/mediocre players that have been drafted in the first round since Saban became coach at Alabama:

Andre Smith
Rolando McClain
James Carpenter
Trent Richardson
Mark Barron
Dee Millner
Chance Warmack - mediocre not full out bust
DJ Fluker
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
Reuben Foster
Calvin Ridley
Quinnen Williams
Josh Jacobs
Tua Tagoviloia
Alabama players have a high bust rate that no one talks about outside this site. 2021 Raiders pick Alex Leatherwood will soon be added to that list, he was terrible last year. Funny how the media will never mention all of their NFL players who flame out.

I’d replace Quinnen Williams on this list with OJ Howard. Howard was supposed to be an elite TE but instead he became third string to Gronk and Cameron Brate. Williams however has been pretty solid after a mediocre rookie year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Alabama players have a high bust rate that no one talks about outside this site. 2021 Raiders pick Alex Leatherwood will soon be added to that list, he was terrible last year. Funny how the media will never mention all of their NFL players who flame out.

I’d replace Quinnen Williams on this list with OJ Howard. Howard was supposed to be an elite TE but instead he became third string to Gronk and Cameron Brate. Williams however has been pretty solid after a mediocre rookie year.

Just put Howard on the list with Williams! Williams was the 3rd overall pick and he has not played like a 3rd overall pick should IMO. He's not a bust but certainly hasn't lived up to the manufactured hype around him (partly due to going to Alabama).

Claimjumper

Mentor
No issue with all day football fests on Christian holidays though…

John Mara ‘not happy’ Giants are playing ‘Monday Night Football’ on Rosh Hashanah
By Paul Schwartz

May 17, 2022 | 5:59pm

The Giants did not want to play the Cowboys, or anyone else, at home on Sunday night or Monday night in Week 3 this season.

They asked the NFL to accommodate this request. The NFL did not. And so, as a result, the Giants play their only “Monday Night Football” game of the 2022 season on Sept. 26 at MetLife Stadium and any Jewish fans wishing to observe the High Holiday of Rosh Hashanah will not be able to attend that heated NFC East rivalry matchup.

“I am well aware of that and not happy about it,” John Mara, the Giants co-owner, told The Post on Tuesday. “I made my feelings known to the league as soon as I saw the schedule. We have always requested the league take the Jewish High Holy Days into consideration when formulating our schedule. Not sure why it happened this year.”

Each year, NFL teams put in requests to the league asking for certain accommodations as the schedule is assembled. If an East Coast team has two games on the West Coast, it might ask the league to put those games in back-to-back weeks. Teams (the Giants this year) can ask to not have their bye week immediately after returning home from an international game. Stadiums have concert dates to consider and tractor pulls to fill up their seats, prompting teams to ask the league to put them on the road a certain week. Sometimes the league grants these requests. Sometimes the league does not.

“We are never able to accommodate every request,” Howard Katz, the NFL’s senior vice president of broadcasting and the leader of the group that puts together the schedule, told The Post. “It’s a pretty complex puzzle we put together.

“Mr. Mara absolutely this year and every year when the Jewish holidays fall on football days, he always asks to avoid the Jewish holidays. He certainly did. In this particular case we were not able to accommodate that request.

“He makes the same request every year. He’s always been extremely sensitive to his Jewish fans and goes out of his way every year to remind us and ask us to avoid Jewish holidays.”

This is an intricate process. The league inputs data for trillions of possible schedules for analysis. The Giants’ request to avoid playing at home on Rosh Hashanah was part of this formula and ultimately rejected. Clearly, religious observance is not prioritized in these permutations.

Katz pointed out that the NFL has a tripleheader of games on Christmas Day, which falls on a Sunday. Comparing Christmas and the Jewish High Holidays of Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) and Yom Kippur (the Jewish Day of Atonement) is not entirely apropos, though, as strict observance of the High Holidays involves hours of prayer and does not allow for travel or attending a sporting event.

It was a Monday night home game on Rosh Hashanah against the Cowboys in 1998 that sparked the Giants to be more cognizant of their Jewish fans. Mara at the time revealed to The Post he did not consider the Jewish High Holy Days when making schedule requests to the league.

“It’s something we didn’t even think about,” Mara said at the time.

Ever since, the Giants ask the league to heed their Jewish High Holidays request.

The Jets put in similar requests, asking for accommodations based on the Jewish High Holidays and this year the league obliged. The Jets in Week 3 play Sunday, Sept. 25 at 1 p.m against the Bengals at MetLife Stadium, allowing fans to be home in time for the start of Rosh Hashanah at sundown that evening.

“Mr. Mara certainly would have preferred to have been on the road Week 3 or played a 1 o’clock home game if he had to play home,” Katz said. “He certainly would have preferred that to a 4:25 game on Sunday afternoon or a Sunday night game or a Monday night game.

“It’s really tricky. Unfortunately some fans are going to get conflicted and I wish we could avoid all of them but we couldn’t. Whether it was in New York or somewhere else, we’re playing those games so our best schedule that we had, in our view, unfortunately had the Giants home on Monday night.”

Putting the Giants on the road in Week 3 would have been a solution to Mara’s request. Instead, the Giants play at home, in the NFL’s largest Jewish market, on Rosh Hashanah.

“I acknowledge that,” Katz said. “But this is on me, this is not on John Mara. There are flaws in every schedule, we’ve never seen a perfect schedule. This was a flaw. We were gonna play a Monday night game so Jewish fans somewhere were going to be conflicted and have to make decisions on whether or not to attend the game or watch the game or not. It turned out that it was really unfortunate that it happened in New York. But it was going to happen somewhere.”

Jerry Reb

Mentor

Phall

Master
Voltaire said it 250 years ago and it still rings true today.

Lol, it actually isn't a Voltaire quote.

I was picked rather randomly a number of years back to be a featured employee in our company's internal monthly newsletter. Very basic stuff, ie "secret hobby," "who would you want to be stuck in an elevator with," etc. The HR girl who put it together asked me for a "favorite quote," and I had that one queued up to go. Fortunately, I googled it first, probably just to get the phrasing right. It's from some American white nationalist I'd never heard of in the 1970's, iirc. No idea how it became appropriated to Voltaire, who was indeed a noticer of things.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

I was picked rather randomly a number of years back to be a featured employee in our company's internal monthly newsletter. Very basic stuff, ie "secret hobby," "who would you want to be stuck in an elevator with," etc. The HR girl who put it together asked me for a "favorite quote," and I had that one queued up to go. Fortunately, I googled it first, probably just to get the phrasing right. It's from some American white nationalist I'd never heard of in the 1970's, iirc. No idea how it became appropriated to Voltaire, who was indeed a noticer of things.
Well, pray tell, did the quote get used in the company newsletter?

Jerry Reb

Mentor

It's the ADL that claims that Voltaire never said it and the random white nationalist did.

Given how untrustworthy the ADL is, I'm inclined to believe that Voltaire came up with it.

icsept

Master
“Rooney Rule” expanded to include QB coaches. At least one female or minority candidate must be interviewed for the position of QB coach. The Rooney Rule has been an epic fiasco/failure. So, the NFL decided to expand it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
“Rooney Rule” expanded to include QB coaches. At least one female or minority candidate must be interviewed for the position of QB coach. The Rooney Rule has been an epic fiasco/failure. So, the NFL decided to expand it.

Why the focus on QB coaches? Perhaps I've been right all along about the White replacement at the QB position.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Why the focus on QB coaches? Perhaps I've been right all along about the White replacement at the QB position.
Out of all of the position coaches the qb coach is viewed as a junior offensive coordinator. A few younger ones have jumped the coordinator position to become head coaches too. I noticed quite a few 3rd string type former NFL quarterbacks have been hired as a qb coach and within a year or two they have become hot candidates for head coaching jobs.

As far as I know only Pep Hamilton has gotten this buzz about him who is a non White qb coach who wasn't a coordinator(he is one now though). Even Byron Leftwich only has gotten head coaching rumours since he was promoted to the OC in Tampa Bay.