NBA 2012

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I saw an ESPN NBA game highlight segment a couple of days ago and they were playing rap music behind the clips and commentary. They are still pushing the same old hip-hop image crap even though it is burying the league. I hope it folds, or at least a bunch of franchises fold.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I saw an ESPN NBA game highlight segment a couple of days ago and they were playing rap music behind the clips and commentary. They are still pushing the same old hip-hop image crap even though it is burying the league. I hope it folds, or at least a bunch of franchises fold.

Ditto. To h3ll with the Yo.B.A and their criminal/thug, hip-crock culture. That's why I've not watched as much as 1 quarter in several seasons...and don't intend to now (either).

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
You are quite right Colonel. I have kept my promise as far as boycotting the NBA this year and going forward. I'm happy to say I haven't watched a single game, and usually change the channel if highlights come on, though I have seen an occasional segment as you mention. The league is as black as ever, so I'm not really sure there's any cause for optimism. I do check the boxscores a few times a week strictly looking for how some of the White players are doing, ie Love, Nowitzki, Ginobili, Gasol, Red****, Jimmer, Bogut, et al.

Also, I know Josh McRoberts gets a lot of press here, but I have never understood it. He's a career 5ppg/4rpg guy who really hasn't done anything in his 3 years in the league, so at best he's a role/bench player. I'm also hoping for good things out of Vesely, Parsons, and Budinger this year, though the latter two are both small forwards, so they may each into each other's playing times.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Right now, the NBA looks a little Whiter.

You have to scour the box scores to find it. NBA Tv's top 10 plays from last night were all blacks either dunking or blocking a dunk attempt, then striking a pose.

I'm very disappointed that Tyler Hansbrough has been relegated to a sixth man and that JJ Re**** and Jimmer are not starting, either. Those goddamn racial apprenticeships. It took Kevin Love 3 years to become a full-time starter even though he was putting up great per minute numbers.

Last year, Jonas Jerebko ruptured his achilles before the season started. This year, he's back and has been starting. That's an "added White athlete" IMO.

Last year, Marcin Gortat was with Orlando for a big chunk of the season and wasn't getting minutes (he was eventually traded to Phoenix). This year, he's getting minutes from Day 1.

Philly seems to be using Spencer Hawes more, which is something I believe started in the latter part of last season. New Orleans has Marco Belinelli, Chris Kaman and Jason Smith. Milwaukee and Minnesota were already mentioned as having a fair number of Whites. Houston has some Whites, and they could get a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs this year. San Antonio is a team to root for.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"Also, I know Josh McRoberts gets a lot of press here, but I have never understood it."

When he entered the NBA after only 2-years at Duke, an article was posted on CFs front page communicating that news. Since McRoberts wasn't ready for the NBA, I have to admit to being puzzled..

However, McRoberts emerged last year and has continued his great play this year. Have you watched how effortlessly he runs the court? Have you seen his stellar dunks? He's only 24, and what do they say about White maturation?... :wink:

foobar75

Master
No question that McRoberts is a very athletic player, and yes, he has ended up on many top plays over the last couple years with this dunks, if I recall correctly.

But at some point, I would hope he can take all those physical tools and become a better player, at least a double-double guy, for instance. This is his 4th season, and usually by years 3-5, a player's career trajectory is more or less set. For instance, we can see that Kevin Love is a stud who's likely to be a HOF'er one day if we can keep up his incredible level of production which he's pretty much had from day one.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The Lakers should be everyone's team to cheer for this year. I can't believe how white they've gotten!! They start Gasol and Josh McRoberts, Steve Blake plays good minutes off the bench. Troy Murphy plays off the bench, and sharpshooter Jason Kapono plays good minutes also. Even Luke Walton plays for L.A. yet! They played with 4 white guys on the court for a nice amount of time already against New York tonight! All told, six whites get minutes for L.A., almost unheard of in today's NBA. The Lakers are actually pretty fun to watch right now.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Lakers' defeat the hated Knicks!

For Sacramento, Fredette had 14 points and 3 assists. DeMarcus Cousins was 4-16 from the field in the loss..

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Lakers' defeat the hated Knicks!

For Sacramento, Fredette had 14 points and 3 assists. DeMarcus Cousins was 4-16 from the field in the loss..

So far so good for Jimmer Fredette. He's playing nice minutes(24 min per game) and has proven he can get his shot off against the so called superior affletes. If he improve his defense then he's a star in the making.

Claimjumper

Mentor
The Lakers should be everyone's team to cheer for this year. I can't believe how white they've gotten!! They start Gasol and Josh McRoberts, Steve Blake plays good minutes off the bench. Troy Murphy plays off the bench, and sharpshooter Jason Kapono plays good minutes also. Even Luke Walton plays for L.A. yet! They played with 4 white guys on the court for a nice amount of time already against New York tonight! All told, six whites get minutes for L.A., almost unheard of in today's NBA. The Lakers are actually pretty fun to watch right now.

During one stretch of todays Nuggets vs Lakers game in the 3rd quarter, LA had McRoberts, Blake, Gasol, and Kapono on the floor while Denver had Fernandez, Gallinari, and Mozgov
:icon_cool:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Our athletes are ballin' at a high level!

--Huge game for Manu as the Spurs' defeat Utah!

--Jerebko had 20 points and 12 rebounds as DET gets 1st win of season.

--Filling in for Amare, Josh Harrellson had 14 points and 12 rebounds against SAC.

--Mozgov had 8 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks.

--Budinger had 17 points as Houston defeats Atlanta.

The other day, in wins, Marc Gasol had 20 points, 8 rebounds and 5 blocks... and Andrew Bogut had 13 points, 15 rebounds and 3 blocks!!

Claimjumper

Mentor
Heres a team by team list of the non black players in the NBAfor the 2011-2012 season. Hope I did not miss anyone

Southwest
Dallas Mavericks: Brian Cardinal, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki
Houston Rockets: Chase Budinger, Goran Dragic, Chandler Parsons, Luis Scola
Memphis Grizzlies: Josh Davis, Marc Gasol, Hamed Haddadi
New Orleans Hornets: Marco Belinelli, Chris Kaman, Jason Smith, Greivis Vazquez
San Antonio Spurs: Matt Bonner, Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter

Northwest
Denver Nuggets: Chris Andersen, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Kosta Koufos, Rudy Fernandez
Minnesota Timberwolves: JJ Barea, Kevin Love, Darko Milicic, Brad Miller, Nikola Petrovic, Luke Ridnour, Ricky Rubio
Oklahoma City Thunder: Cole Aldrich, Nick Collison
Portland Trail Blazers: Luke Babbitt
Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter

Pacific
Golden State Warriors: Andris Biedrins, David Lee
LA Clippers:
LA Lakers:
Steve Blake, Pau Gasol, Jason Kapono, Josh McRoberts, Troy Murphy, Luke Walton
Phoenix Suns: Marcin Gortat, Steve Nash
Sacramento Kings: Jimmer Fredette

Atlantic
Boston Celtics: Sasha Pavlovic, Greg Stiemsma
New Jersey Nets: Dennis Horner, Kris Humpries, Memet Okur
New York Knicks: Josh Harrellson, Steve Novak, Jeremy Lin
Philadelphia Sixers: Spencer Hawes, Andres Noicioni, Nikola Vucevic
Toronto Raptors: Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, Aaron Gray, Linas Kleiza

Central
Chicago Bulls: Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, Brian Scalabrine
Cleveland Cavaliers: Omri Casspi, Semih Erden, Luke Harangody, Anderson Varejao
Detroit Pistons: Jonas Jerebko
Indiana Pacers: Louis Amundson, Jeff Foster, Tyler Hansbrough
Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Bogut, Jon Brockman, Carlos Delfino, Mike Dunleavy, Ersan Ilyasova, Jon Leuer, Beno Udrih

Southeast
Atlanta Hawks: Kirk Hinrich, Zaza Pachulia, Vladimir Rodmanovich
Charlotte Bobcats: Matt Carroll, Byron Mullens, Eduardo Najera
Miami Heat: Mike Miller
Orlando Magic: Ryan Anderson, JJ Re****, Hedo Turkoglu
Washington Wizards: Jan Vesely

# of Players
7: Minnesota Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks
6: LA Lakers
5: Denver Nuggets
4: Houston Rockets, New Orleans Hornets, Toronto Raptors, Cleveland Cavaliers,
3: Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, New Jersey Nets, Philidelphia Sixers, New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Orlando Magic
2: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
1: Portland Trailblazers, Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons, Miami Heat, Washington Wizards
0: LA Clippers

Last edited:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Claimjumper, thanks...nice breakdown. Go T-Wolves & Bucks!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nice job with the list Claimjumper. The NBA really sucks doesn't it? Go Timberwolves and Bucks!!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Heres a team by team list of the non black players in the NBAfor the 2011-2012 season. Hope I did not miss anyone

Southwest
Dallas Mavericks: Brian Cardinal, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki
Houston Rockets: Chase Budinger, Goran Dragic, Chandler Parsons, Luis Scola
Memphis Grizzlies: Josh Davis, Marc Gasol, Hamed Haddadi
New Orleans Hornets: Marco Belinelli, Chris Kaman, Jason Smith, Greivis Vazquez
San Antonio Spurs: Matt Bonner, Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter

Northwest
Denver Nuggets: Chris Andersen, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Kosta Koufos, Rudy Fernandez
Minnesota Timberwolves: JJ Barea, Kevin Love, Darko Milicic, Brad Miller, Nikola Petrovic, Luke Ridnour, Ricky Rubio
Oklahoma City Thunder: Cole Aldrich, Nick Collison
Portland Trail Blazers: Luke Babbitt
Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter

Pacific
Golden State Warriors: Andris Biedrins, David Lee
LA Clippers:
LA Lakers:
Steve Blake, Pau Gasol, Jason Kapono, Josh McRoberts, Troy Murphy, Luke Walton
Phoenix Suns: Marcin Gortat, Steve Nash
Sacramento Kings: Jimmer Fredette

Atlantic
Boston Celtics: Sasha Pavlovic, Greg Stiemsma
New Jersey Nets: Dennis Horner, Kris Humpries, Memet Okur
New York Knicks: Josh Harrellson, Steve Novak, Jeremy Lin
Philadelphia Sixers: Spencer Hawes, Andres Noicioni, Nikola Vucevic
Toronto Raptors: Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, Aaron Gray, Linas Kleiza

Central
Chicago Bulls: Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, Brian Scalabrine
Cleveland Cavaliers: Omri Casspi, Semih Erden, Luke Harangody, Anderson Varejao
Detroit Pistons: Jonas Jerebko
Indiana Pacers: Louis Amundson, Jeff Foster, Tyler Hansbrough
Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Bogut, Jon Brockman, Carlos Delfino, Mike Dunleavy, Ersan Ilyasova, Jon Leuer, Beno Udrih

Southeast
Atlanta Hawks: Kirk Hinrich, Zaza Pachulia, Vladimir Rodmanovich
Charlotte Bobcats: Matt Carroll, Byron Mullens, Eduardo Najera
Miami Heat: Mike Miller
Orlando Magic: Ryan Anderson, JJ Re****, Hedo Turkoglu
Washington Wizards: Jan Vesely

# of Players
7: Minnesota Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks
6: LA Lakers
5: Denver Nuggets
4: Houston Rockets, New Orleans Hornets, Toronto Raptors, Cleveland Cavaliers,
3: Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, New Jersey Nets, Philidelphia Sixers, New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Orlando Magic
2: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
1: Portland Trailblazers, Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons, Miami Heat, Washington Wizards
0: LA Clippers

My unofficial count is that 44 -more than half - of the above players are foreigners.
It just shows that if whites are given a chance to play and develop, they can reach the top.
Obviously in the US they aren't given the same chance as in other countries.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So far it's been interesting from our perspective. We have 3 of the top 4 rebounders in the NBA right now. Kevin Love is a superstar averageing around 26 points and 16 rebounds a night. He will be only 24 this year so he is going into his prime years soon. The guy is just a legend already and I have no doubt that this team will contend for championships in the future. There victory over the Mavs is just the start of big things. Ricky Rubio is very fun to watch as well as many of their other white stars.

We also have 4 guys in the top 10 in scoing so far. One name that we forget to talk about enough is Ryan Anderson of the Orlando Magic. He is averaging over 20 points a game and 6 boards so far. What a solid player night in and out.

Spencer Hawes is also showing Phili how it's done with 12 points and 12 boards every night. If they would only let him shoot more. It may never be my favorite sport but it is nice to see the league getting a little more whiter. We have a long ways to go towards equality but it's a start.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm not a real big basketball fan but it seems that our guys have played very well so far this season. Jimmer has held his own so far after so many doubted him (the MSM's short term memory is obvious - they criticized J.J. Red**** the same way Jimmer has been criticized but Jimmer is a more dynamic scoring threat) and Rubio has proved all his doubters wrong that said he cannot handle the "athleticism" of the NBA. I might have to make a point of watching the Timberwolves play at some point this season to watch Rubio/Love/Darko.

SchaafC

Guru
Last night Jimmer had a bit of an NBA coming out party. He had 17 on 6-12 from the field and finally connecting on 4-6 shots from down town. He played 29 min and was relativity mistake free only turning the ball over once. He plays within himself is not intimidated and will not force anything; all supposed question marks coming into the season. As I have stated before I think that his skill set and body type make him a Chauncey Billups type player, and both Jimmer and Billups rookie stats are near identical.

Manu Ginobili has been a one man wrecking crew this year as per usual. With the shortened season, and coming into this season with more rest then he has ever had in an off season Ginobili was set to have personal bests all across the boards this year. He broke his hand and is now out.

Marco Belinelli G/F is starting this season for the Hornets, and averaging 34 min per. He has struggled to hit open shots this year, but has maintained the starting spot. He will improve as the season progresses.

Second year G/F Gordon Hayward has won the starting job this season. And is averaging 27 min per game, and is seeing career bests in every category. He is currently on a bit of a shooting slump only connecting on 26% of his outside shots, he attempts 2.5 per game. Hayward has never been known as an outside shooter and makes up for this with his all around play on the court. He is currently averaging 9 Pts. 3 Rbs. 3 Asst.

The big knock against G/F Danilo Gallinari coming into the NBA was one regularly leveled at white players, "he can't defend NBA 3's and 2's." Fortunately that turned out to be one of Gallinari's biggest strengths averaging 2 steals this season. Gallinari has struggled with his accuracy shooting only 14% from 3-point land while averaging 4.5 per, but when he gets that up to a respectable number he will be cranking out the points. 15 Pts. 6 Rbs. 2Asst. 2 Stl.
G JJ Re**** is having career bests in all statistics except minutes; they have held at 25 per.The Magic have out of nowhere become a very white friendly team, with Ryan Anderson, and Hedo also on the Orlando squad. 14 Pts. 3 Asst. 2 Rbs.

F Ryan Anderson has taken his chance to star, and really run with it. He is lighting it up from outside shooting 44% from 3-Point land. In his first season as a started Anderson is averaging 19 Pts. 6 Rbs. 1 Asst.

F Andrea Bargnani
has emerged this season as a star,
He is rebounding aggressively, and is carrying the team. He is shooting 52% from the field, while only going to the line 3 times per game. Bargnani is averaging 23 Pts. 6 Rbs. 3 Asst.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thanks SchaafC for that write-up. With my "boycott watching the NBA" in effect right now I am releying on box scores and CF for player updates. I may break my boycott to watch the Timberwolves if they are on however.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Wizards' are 0-6. The Nets' are 1-6.

The Knicks' lost to the Charlotte Bobcats!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some good performances by our players again last night. Bargiinini had 31 points, Dirk with 20, Nash with a double double, and the Twolves had a few. Kevin Love continues to amaze everyone has he had 27 points and 14 rebounds in a close loss. He had now done what only K.Abdul Jabbar had done as far as the best start with double doubles. The guy is amazing. Ricky Rubio has 12 points and 10 assists. This is the team to watch. They have so much talent and Love is the closest thing to Dirk out there and he is only at the beginnning of a brilliant career. Hopefully we will see more american kids just like him and that teams will give them a chance to be an all star.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ginobili has a broken hand that requires surgery and will be out for two months.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Maybe it's just highlights but Bargnani seems to be much more aggressive around the rim. I saw him put down a nasty dunk that in his rookie season or sophmore season he would have settled for a weak jumper at the top of the key. Maybe he can fulfill the Dirk comparisons after all.
Last night Jimmer had a bit of an NBA coming out party. He had 17 on 6-12 from the field and finally connecting on 4-6 shots from down town. He played 29 min and was relativity mistake free only turning the ball over once. He plays within himself is not intimidated and will not force anything; all supposed question marks coming into the season. As I have stated before I think that his skill set and body type make him a Chauncey Billups type player, and both Jimmer and Billups rookie stats are near identical.

Manu Ginobili has been a one man wrecking crew this year as per usual. With the shortened season, and coming into this season with more rest then he has ever had in an off season Ginobili was set to have personal bests all across the boards this year. He broke his hand and is now out.

Marco Belinelli G/F is starting this season for the Hornets, and averaging 34 min per. He has struggled to hit open shots this year, but has maintained the starting spot. He will improve as the season progresses.

Second year G/F Gordon Hayward has won the starting job this season. And is averaging 27 min per game, and is seeing career bests in every category. He is currently on a bit of a shooting slump only connecting on 26% of his outside shots, he attempts 2.5 per game. Hayward has never been known as an outside shooter and makes up for this with his all around play on the court. He is currently averaging 9 Pts. 3 Rbs. 3 Asst.

The big knock against G/F Danilo Gallinari coming into the NBA was one regularly leveled at white players, "he can't defend NBA 3's and 2's." Fortunately that turned out to be one of Gallinari's biggest strengths averaging 2 steals this season. Gallinari has struggled with his accuracy shooting only 14% from 3-point land while averaging 4.5 per, but when he gets that up to a respectable number he will be cranking out the points. 15 Pts. 6 Rbs. 2Asst. 2 Stl.
G JJ Re**** is having career bests in all statistics except minutes; they have held at 25 per.The Magic have out of nowhere become a very white friendly team, with Ryan Anderson, and Hedo also on the Orlando squad. 14 Pts. 3 Asst. 2 Rbs.

F Ryan Anderson has taken his chance to star, and really run with it. He is lighting it up from outside shooting 44% from 3-Point land. In his first season as a started Anderson is averaging 19 Pts. 6 Rbs. 1 Asst.

F Andrea Bargnani
has emerged this season as a star,
He is rebounding aggressively, and is carrying the team. He is shooting 52% from the field, while only going to the line 3 times per game. Bargnani is averaging 23 Pts. 6 Rbs. 3 Asst.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Some good performances by our players again last night. Bargiinini had 31 points, Dirk with 20, Nash with a double double, and the Twolves had a few. Kevin Love continues to amaze everyone has he had 27 points and 14 rebounds in a close loss. He had now done what only K.Abdul Jabbar had done as far as the best start with double doubles. The guy is amazing. Ricky Rubio has 12 points and 10 assists. This is the team to watch. They have so much talent and Love is the closest thing to Dirk out there and he is only at the beginnning of a brilliant career. Hopefully we will see more american kids just like him and that teams will give them a chance to be an all star.

Just think what he'd be able to do if he had "real" athleticism. Love was supposedly too slow for the NBA.