NBA 2012

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm counting 5 whites this year on the Nuggets: Danilo Gallinari, Chris Andersen, Timofey Mozgov, Kosta Koufos, and the newly added Rudy Fernandez

Two are expected to start, Gallinari at forward and Mozgov at center. Would love to see Rudy get the starting spot from the aging Andre Miller as the season progresses!

I'm a little disappointed in Gallinari. I know he's young but he can't shoot 35 percent from the field any more. I think he's a star in the making but it's all up to him.

icsept

Master
The Mavericks are going to be impossible to root for this year. Peja and J.J. Barea are gone, replaced by Vince Carter and Delonte West.

I can't think of two worse people to have on your team than the underachieving, over-the-hill, un-clutch Vince Carter, and the never-was, banged Lebron's mother, and got arrested on my moped with a machine gun because I was off my meds, Delonte West.

Not to mention losing Tyson Chandler to the Knicks and acquiring Lamar Kardashian. Congratulations Mark Cuban on your one championship, it will be your last.

backrow

Hall of Famer
I can't think of two worse people to have on your team than the underachieving, over-the-hill, un-clutch Vince Carter, and the never-was, banged Lebron's mother, and got arrested on my moped with a machine gun because I was off my meds, Delonte West.

i couldn't care less about NBA, don't follow it whatsoever, but that made me laugh: did that really happen?

backrow

Hall of Famer
hahaha, thanks for that bud! wow. i think i will start watching NBA now, it seems pretty humorous :biggrin:

did he also sleep with LeBron's mother? haha, what a legend!

Shockwave

But just what are you blabbing about him "re-Upping" on? Are you demonstrating your grasp of Ebonics? Insinuating he in buying drugs? Or are you trying to inform the posters here that he has signed a contract extension?

Oh no! Looks like Marc Gasol just bought some drugs with some shady, unscrupulous, evil-doer named Griz! I hope David Stern doesn't see this!

2rwuxax.jpg

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Chris Kaman, and some scrub affletes (Bledsoe & Farouq-Aminu), were traded to the Hornets for Chris Paul.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Last night the Bucks vs. T'Wolves featured many white players
Bucs started Mike Dunleavy 16pts; Andrew Bogut 9pts; Carlos Delfino 11 pts.
Off the bench they had Udrih 9pts; Jon Leuer 18pts!; Brockman 4pts; and Ilyasova 2pts.

Meanwhile the T'Wolvest started Kevin Love 21pts/15rbds; Millicic 5pts; Ridnour 9pts.
Off the bench - JJ Berea 14pts; Rick Rubio 6pts/7assts; Pekovic 2pts. Brad Miller did not play.
I would have liked to have seen all that white talent in action. I've never heard of Jon Leuer, but he had a big game. Rubio apparently looked very good passing the ball. He is one of 3 white point guards for the T'Wolves.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Off the bench they had Udrih 9pts; Jon Leuer 18pts!; Brockman 4pts; and Ilyasova 2pts.

Meanwhile the T'Wolvest started Kevin Love 21pts/15rbds; Millicic 5pts; Ridnour 9pts.
Off the bench - JJ Berea 14pts; Rick Rubio 6pts/7assts; Pekovic 2pts. Brad Miller did not play.
I would have liked to have seen all that white talent in action. I've never heard of Jon Leuer, but he had a big game. Rubio apparently looked very good passing the ball. He is one of 3 white point guards for the T'Wolves.

Good stuff Jack. Rubio has been disrespected by many of the talking heads/commentators for not playing well in Europe. I am pretty sure Europe actually plays basketball so if anything playing against real competition will have helped Rubio prepare for the NBA - no defense, carry the ball as much as you want league.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Twolves are going to be one of my favorite teams to watch this year. I also will follow Utah, Milwaukee, Sacramento(Jimmer)Dallas, and a fe others. I would love to see Minnesota make a run at the playoffs. Kevin Love is the closest thing to an American Nowitzki that we have.

icsept

Master

How the hell does one team end up with 3 White point guards? I like Ridnour, he has steady production but nothing spectacular. Rubio has a chance to be a great assist man with great ball-handling. Barea is a great scoring point guard. Ideally, I'd like to see Rubio and Barea play together because Rubio has the size to guard some 2-guards and Barea is more of a scorer.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chris Kaman, and some scrub affletes (Bledsoe & Farouq-Aminu), were traded to the Hornets for Chris Paul.

I know why this already happened. The Clippers feel that DeAndre Jordan is their center of the future so Kaman was expendable. Kaman is a top three center in the league and they got rid of him in order to obtain supa afflete Paul. I hope the Clippers rot.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Tyler Hansbrough has been very good in the preseason. Yesterday, he had 24 points and 13 rebounds against Chicago.

Marcin Gortat played yesterday for Phoenix. He gives me a reason to watch the Suns!

Rookie -- Nikola Vucevic -- is already in Philly. My guess is, barring injuries to affletes, he won't get much minutes this year.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gortat was their best player yesterday, he broke his thumb though, so he may be out for some time.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Memphis Grizzlies, a good story last year, has lost Darrell Arthur to a torn achilles. He's a solid energy player. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1622526/darrell-arthur

Arthur to miss entire season: Memphis F Darrell Arthur will miss the upcoming season after an MRI confirmed a torn Achilles, according to CBSSports.com NBA Insider Ken Berger. Arthur, who was entering his fourth season, sustained the injury during the Grizzlies' practice on Sunday. He is expected to have surgery next week.
(Updated 12/20/2011)

I think they could still make the playoffs this year.. but Mayo has to step up and Rudy Gay has to show he's a "superstar." They also need Marc Gasol back on the court.

SchaafC

Guru
The Memphis Grizzlies, a good story last year, has lost Darrell Arthur to a torn achilles. He's a solid energy player. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1622526/darrell-arthur

I think they could still make the playoffs this year.. but Mayo has to step up and Rudy Gay has to show he's a "superstar." They also need Marc Gasol back on the court.

What they need to do is realize that Vasquez is the better option then Conley, IMO Gay is no superstar he is overpaid. He reminds me of a more athletic Reshard Lewis, nothing more. Mayo is just as unimpressive. Zach Randolph and Gasol are one of the better big man duos in the league.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Very excited to see the Twolves Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barea and Brad Miller who should be solid off the bench!

Also looking forward to seeing the Bucks pretty cool that they got Dunleavy in the offseason. Bogut has superstar potential as a Center he just has had some freak accidents on the court that resulted in injuries. Delfino the starter at Small Forward and he has been playing some great underated basketball these last couple years. Beno Udrih is an upgrade at backup PG and I think Jon Leuer will develop into a good pro. Ilyasova is another solid white player!

northwinds

Mentor
Man, I didn't realize that JJ Barea didn't get resigned by the Mavericks......what a bunch of idiots. I like what's happening in Minnesota....but never see them on the tube, and unless they start winning big that won't change...

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
How the hell does one team end up with 3 White point guards? I like Ridnour, he has steady production but nothing spectacular. Rubio has a chance to be a great assist man with great ball-handling. Barea is a great scoring point guard. Ideally, I'd like to see Rubio and Barea play together because Rubio has the size to guard some 2-guards and Barea is more of a scorer.

And Denver has 3 white centers - Kostas Koufas, Chris Andersen, Timofey Mozgov

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Last night, the Lakers' gave significant minutes to Josh McRoberts and Troy Murphy. Overall, they played well and were SHARP. Considering it was the season opener -- in a year where the preseason was very shortened -- I was quite impressed by these two athletes.

Murphy really knows how to rebound and keep the ball alive, and he made some nice jumpers. McRoberts' continues to play with confidence, making some athletic plays on offense & defense.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
White athletes did very well yesterday, but this post will focus on "supaman guards"..

B-Jennings -- Anotha loss.

Jennings racked up 22 points (8-21 FG, 3-6 3Pt, 3-3 FT), three rebounds, four assists, and no turnovers in Milwaukee's season opening loss Monday at Charlotte.

Spin: Jennings' shooting performance was not efficient. His 38.1 percent from the field essentially equaled his career mark (37.9).

John Wall -- Anotha loss.

Wall had 13 points (3-13 FG, 7-13 FT), six assists (versus four turnovers), and eight rebounds in Washington's season opening loss Monday to New Jersey.

Kyrie -- Loses his NBA debut:

From Elias: Top draft pick Kyrie Irving shot 2-for-12 (.167) from the field in his NBA debut, a 104-96 home loss by the Cavaliers to the Raptors. Since the modern NBA draft was established in 1966, that's the worst shooting percentage by the top overall pick in his first Association game (minimum 5 FGA). The old record belonged to Kenyon Martin, who shot 4-for-16 (.250) for the Nets against Cleveland in 2000.

D-Rose -- Loses to Golden State:

Rose had a tough night from the field in Monday's loss to the Warriors. He finished 4-of-17, 1-for-8 from three point land, for just 13 points. He did add five rebounds and eight assists.

Brandon Knight (DET) -- Loses to Indiana:

Knight scored nine points (3-of-9 FG, 3-of-6 3pt) with zero assists and four turnovers in 17 minutes off the bench Monday night in Detroit's season-opening loss to Indiana.

Spin: The rookie has big upside, but opens the season as the backup point guard, who played more like a shooting guard in the loss to the Pacers.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Right now, the NBA looks a little Whiter.

--Josh McRoberts showed his athleticism again last night in LAs win over black Utah. Murphy had 11 rebounds.

--Milwaukee defeated Minnesota in a game that featured a fair number of Whites.

--Coming off the bench, Radmanovic had 17 points, 5 assists and 4 steals for Atlanta in their crushing of New Jersey. Pachulia had 13 points and 11 rebounds.

icsept

Master
Right now, the NBA looks a little Whiter.

You have to scour the box scores to find it. NBA Tv's top 10 plays from last night were all blacks either dunking or blocking a dunk attempt, then striking a pose.

I'm very disappointed that Tyler Hansbrough has been relegated to a sixth man and that JJ Re**** and Jimmer are not starting, either. Those goddamn racial apprenticeships. It took Kevin Love 3 years to become a full-time starter even though he was putting up great per minute numbers.