Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jake Paul wins a unanimous decision over Anderson Silva knocking him down once, I did not watch the whole fight so I don't know how good the scorecards are overall but Jake Paul keeps on impressing, considering not too long ago Silva beat a real, if not washed boxer who held a title.
I don't know where Paul goes from here as he is no where ready for any real cruiserweight or even a blown up light heavyweight who is fading ie a Jack or a Pascal.

I wish this circus would end but it looks like Paul will try and fight the vulgar Diaz in a "grudge match" as Diaz and his entourage tried to rumble with Logan Paul and his entourage.

PS I may give a recount of the prospect fights this weekend at some point tonight or tomorrow.

white is right

Hall of Famer
good win for the white mexican William Zepeda, dominating Jojo Diaz.
Now is as good a time as ever to give a weekend round up for White prospect wins.

On Friday Guido"The Gladiator" Vianello defeated a Scottish Andy Ruiz clone over 8 rounds with a near shutout decision win. I wasn't sure why he left Top Rank, maybe the reason was his lack of visibility buried deep on Top Rank cards when he could be a headliner in Italy.

Johnny Fisher destroyed a Czech tomato can in the first round. There has been talk of letting him fight for a regional domestic belt. Judging from the B side opponents at those level fights his caliber of opponent might be a marginal upgrade over this opponent.

Sonny Conto had a dark bout and destroyed a guy with a "better body" than his but looking like a model or an actor in a Rocky movie doesn't equate to having true club fight ability to test a prospect like Conto who seems to be doing what Vianello is doing in Italy where he headlining local cards in the Philadelphia area against carefully selected opponents.

On the surface it seems like you could only get so far not fighting on big promoters cards but another Italian American(Joe Mesi) from close to 2 decades ago built up a huge local following and was on the verge of a title shot or big money showdown with Mike Tyson(who was the heavyweight cash cow at the time) before he failed a post fight medical for a small brain bleed. So this route could be taken too to a high ranking with the alphabet organizations.

PS I forgot about Richard Torrez Jr. He blew out his fairly tough opponent in the 3rd round after dropping him 3 times in the fight Arthur Mercante Jr saw enough of the spoiler tactics of the Arab American opponent. Torrez who looks very stocky at 229 pounds fights in a similar fashion to Mike Tyson.

During the fight the commentary team of Bradley and Ward questioned if his seek and destroy style will work against more skilled opponents. Time will tell but what led Mike Tyson to having this unbeatable image was his quality defense with his explosive offense. Once he lost the bob and weave tactics he lost fights and was in slug fests with opponents he probably would have blown out with his previous defense.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Serhii Bohachuck is on the comeback trail tonight against fairly obscure Aaron Coley. He seemed to be a shooting star until he hit a speed bump with the Brandon Adams fight. The fight tonight is on UFC fightpass.

booth

Mentor
Serhii Bohachuck is on the comeback trail tonight against fairly obscure Aaron Coley. He seemed to be a shooting star until he hit a speed bump with the Brandon Adams fight. The fight tonight is on UFC fightpass.
Bohachuck stopped Coley in two rounds.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bivol vs Ramirez is the big fight this weekend, The main card starts at 1:30 et and the main event starts at 5:09 et.
I saw that Campbell Hatton started off this deep card with a mismatch ko of a limited opponent. I can't really tell if he has improved that much or Hearn lowered the level of opponents for him to shine, only time will tell.

I have a spotty feed for this card so maybe I can give updates for this card.

Updating the card Eurasian Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov battered a suddenly one legged Zelfa Barrett and scored a two knockdown stoppage in the 8th round.

Up next is an all female undisputed match between Chantelle Cameron and Jessica McCaskill. for the female 140 division.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Bivol schooled Ramirez with a wide decision win.

No one left for him to fight except Beterbiev, but despicable old Bob Arum may prevent the fight form happening.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bivol schooled Ramirez with a wide decision win.

No one left for him to fight except Beterbiev, but despicable old Bob Arum may prevent the fight form happening.
Yes I couldn't post about the fight as I had housework and I actually missed good segments of the fight. Ramirez stalked and only landed isolated shots here and there and he was probably 20+ pounds heavier in the moments I saw of the main event.

It resembled a case of a big dog chasing a cat into a corner and the cat clawing the dog in the face and then escaping the beating, picture this for 12 rounds and that's this fight.

I can't see Alvarez wanting anything to do with the Bivol puzzle again as he wasn't any closer to solving it than the longer Ramirez.https://fightnews.com/bivol-dominates-zurdo-retains-wba-lh-title/139957

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
Aidos Yerbossynuly was placed in a medically induced coma after being knocked out by David Morrell Sat. night. This was a hard brutal fight for Aidos. Tony Weeks, I believed should have stopped the fight after the first knockdown.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Aidos Yerbossynuly was placed in a medically induced coma after being knocked out by David Morrell Sat. night. This was a hard brutal fight for Aidos. Tony Weeks, I believed should have stopped the fight after the first knockdown.
Believe it or not I saw a sign of medical issues and actually delayed turning off the broadcast because I feared for his safety. He started blinking without blood in eye and his body seemed to hit the wall more than be ko'd because of great power shots from his Afro-Cuban opponent.

The broadcasters mentioned that he seemed fine and walked out on his own from the ring with his corner. His corner to me didn't seem like an elite corner many times that type of corner will sacrifice the health of the fighter to get a possible spectacular comeback.

Even if he pulls through with all his motor functions he will never fight again in any serious jurisdiction.

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
I'll have to watch Czerkaszyn

I just watched Zhan Kossubitskiy vs Hussein Muhamed, and judging by his opponents name I was expecting him to be absolutely terrible. And I was correct he was absolutely awful haha, Syrian based in German with a padded record, these people cannot fight to save their lives, Slow, missing punches constantly, and a stereotype horrendous glass jaw, man that was extremely easy for Kossubitskiy :lol:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Tony Weeks, one of the very worst referees in the business, should have stopped the fight several rounds earlier. Aidos was taking a terrible beating and had no chance of winning.

Weeks is the same referee who gave Andre Ward a TKO win after a punch to Sergey Kovalev's genitals.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I believe this will be a good weekend of boxing starting on Friday with Sony Ewards an exciting fighter to watch.
Edwards has his fight this afternoon around 5pm EST as the main event is going to be on during prime English time. His opponent looks as old as dirt for a flyweight. I remember his brother defeated a South African who was in his late 30's which is probably the equivalent of George Foreman or Hopkins as smaller fighters don't age as well due to weight issues and the need for top flight reflexes.

Note this broadcast is on Fite tv whatever that is and I wouldn't know where to find that so I probably will only read the wire report and look for a pirate copy on the internet. It seems boxing broadcasting is getting more Balkanized every x months.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Steve Spark defeated Montana Love by DQ. Spark knocked Love down and was dominating him, so the Negro got frustrated and resorted to pushing Spark out of the ring.

In another fight, Janibek defeated Bentley by UD. Janibek landed some of his best punches, but didn't seriously hurt Bentley. This shows how strong Norm Cash must be, since the white English middleweight was able to stop Bentley.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Steve Spark defeated Montana Love by DQ. Spark knocked Love down and was dominating him, so the Negro got frustrated and resorted to pushing Spark out of the ring.

In another fight, Janibek defeated Bentley by UD. Janibek landed some of his best punches, but didn't seriously hurt Bentley. This shows how strong Norm Cash must be, since the white English middleweight was able to stop Bentley.
The Love fight was disgraceful and he should be suspended and fined by the Ohio Athletic commission. I don't know if they will do that because Ohio doesn't have a serious fighting scene with big cards popping up here and there.

If the push had gone another way we could be talking about a tragedy with the career or even life of Spark in jeopardy with a bad fall on his neck or head.

Yes I saw the Eurasian's title defense and he was a mild disappointment. While never being in serious jeopardy with losing he should have put more pressure on the mediocre but gritty Bentley. They talked about him being the most avoided fighter in the division. After this fight I would rate GGG as a slight betting favorite over his fellow national.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow. Nick "the wrecking" Ball!!
We missed some weekend fights Arsen Goulamirian defended his WBA cruiserweight title against Aleksei Egorov a Russian national who was a hand picked foe. The Armenian national was mothballed through out the pandemic and is barely known outside of France and his homeland a high profile fight is needed for him to get beyond his French bubble.

Bertebiev vs Yarde is now official as Yarde who looks like a walking PED factory destroyed a German based Bulgarian who was hand picked opponent for a stay busy fight. The Bertebiev vs Yarde fight will take place in London England.

Finally in the celebrity boxing world wife beater and all around bad guy Greg Hardy beat Hasim Rahman Jr. Rahman who was clearly more skilled than Hardy but he clearly has the stamina of a quarter horse faded badly in the 2nd round and was dropped and nearly stopped by Hardy who boxed the retreating Rahman Jr over the next two rounds as Rahman seemed happy to hear the final bell.

It looks like these farcical cards will go on as the promotional company called the "Misfits of Boxing" looks like it has ties to Sauerland promotions as the son of the legendary German promoter was ringside for this junk card. It will be fun seeing Hardy crash like the Hindenberg once he tries to fight a non novice boxer.https://fightnews.com/giant-goulamirian-egorov-photo-gallery/140726

Last edited: