Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
Michael Conlan fights Miguel Marriaga this Saturday, coming off of a TKO loss to Leigh Wood.
Conlan won easy and scored three knockdowns. He looks ready to fight a non shop worn opponent in his next bout a rematch with Woods appears down the road as Woods is trying to negotiate a unification bout with Warrington, Conlan may have to fight the winner of that bout.

PS prospects fought and won on Saturday during the day. Johnny Fisher destroyed a fleshy Czech professional opponent, Fisher needs to fight an opponent who will give him rounds he is learning nothing fighting obese tomato cans. As always the case it's hard to match a heavyweight prospect, if you match him too tough and there goes his O and it's back to the drawing board.

Campbell Hatton won again but he still hasn't impressed me enough that he is any different than Hasim Rahman Jr. and other sons of champions who are more celebrity boxers than true blue chip prospects.

white is right

Hall of Famer
@white is right you forgot to mention the best performance of the night from Dalton Smith:cool:

You're right it would be like a food critic giving a review on the appetizer and salad but neglecting the main course... I missed mentioning the fight because I channel surfed and saw bits of the Conlan fight.

It's funny but Smith is the best prospect on essentially the prospect card that Hearn promoted yesterday.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Following up on the weekend PPV it seemed that Andy Ruiz pulled a circus act at the weigh in on Saturday and weighed 268 and change without water in his system and sucking in his gut. He showed up for the fight as obese as ever and once again was too economical for my taste.

As for the fight with 3 knockdowns of the aged Ortiz Ruiz had to get the decision but the scorecards were tight because aside from those rounds Ruiz arguably lost most of the other rounds.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Following up on the weekend PPV it seemed that Andy Ruiz pulled a circus act at the weigh in on Saturday and weighed 268 and change without water in his system and sucking in his gut. He showed up for the fight as obese as ever and once again was too economical for my taste.

As for the fight with 3 knockdowns of the aged Ortiz Ruiz had to get the decision but the scorecards were tight because aside from those rounds Ruiz arguably lost most of the other rounds.
This weekend has two British cards and the DAZN card has a White British fighter headlining against Kid Galahad. Maxi Hughes defends his IBO belt at 135 pounds against the comebacking Kid Galahad. The last I see of Galahad he was being flattened by Kiko Martinez who was viewed as done like chicken dinner at the world level. Hughes has a spotty record at the domestic level so Galahad should be the betting favorite even with a dodgy chin.

On the supporting bouts of Joyce vs Parker Anthony Cacace fights an Italian national Michael Magnesi for the IBO 130 pound belt. Magnesi is the defending IBO champion and has made 2 successful defenses of his belt so he should be stern test for the Irish fighter who is stepping up to the fringes of the world level.

There is an ESPN card tonight but as far as I know there are no White prospects or even B side name veterans. Note the Joyce vs Parker card is a PPV in England but is an ESPN+ broadcast in the United States if I can find a working link I will try and comment on this card and give a small mention of the main event as the winner of Joyce vs Parker is a mandatory of Usyk for his WBO belt.

American Freedom News