Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
There is a full weekend of boxing this week and it starts tonight. I believe the FS2 card Sat. night might be the best.
January the 1st used to bowling day well October the 15th will be boxing day as cards start from the morning and will probably run into the first hour of Sunday.

Brock Jarvis starts off the day with a junior WBO belt called the global title against a fellow Aussie national in Liam Paro. The last time I saw Jarvis he was staggered badly by a journeyman Mexican opponent who didn't quite have the power to finish the fitter and stronger Jarvis. Jarvis will have to show more than he did in that fight skills wise to rise to a world level fighter. On the under card Aussie heavyweight prospect Demsey McKean fights a journeyman named Patrick Korte this should be a showcase fight.

In the afternoon the women's card should be on the late afternoon EST, after that Haney vs Kamboso II and Wilder vs Helenius are on at the same time I may give reports if I view things live or see a copy on Youtube or another site.

PS I found the weigh in for Wilder vs Helenius interesting as Wilder came in well under 220 pounds which was a minimal symbolic weight for him. We shall see if this helps his movement and stamina. Helenius out weights him by close to 40 pounds and isn't fat. https://fightnews.com/helenius-outweighs-wilder-by-nearly-40-lbs/138887

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
White is Right you called it on Jarvis.
I didn't know this was an eliminator and I figured Paro was more of a domestic level opponent and this was showcase fight for Jarvis. I did see this happening at some point as I said before his previous opponent wasn't very good and badly staggered him and the referee was within his rights to stop that fight.

Here Jarvis was all over the place when he rose and unless it was a high stakes fight the fight would be stopped as boxing doesn't need a bad ko or worse to stain it's image. I found a copy posted by the broadcaster...

Updating the all woman's card Mayer seemed to get the short end of the stick against Baumgardner as she seemed to have an insurmountable lead heading into the last two rounds that the bigger puncher Baumgardner seemed to win. The crowd thought that the blonde American was the winner as they booed Baumgardner while she was interviewed. There will probably be a rematch.

In the main event Shields seem to be the clear winner while Marshall at times had her eating shots and covering up there wasn't enough clean punches landed by her and the better quality work was landed by Shields I had a similar score to the judges.

The under card of the PPV will be on Fox Sports and starts at 7pm EST and have a few White prospects on it.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
In just his fourth pro fight, age 24 Gurgen Hovhannisyan defeated the more experienced Michael Polite Coffie by RTD 6 on the Wilder-Helenius undercard.
The two US EST evening cards had boxing's version of the Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Starting with the Australian card both Moloney brothers pounded out wide unanimous victories over world rated opponents who on paper weren't there to be showcase opponents. Both brothers made them look like showcase opponents. Jason won an eliminator so he is a mandatory for the WBC bantamweight belt. He will try and snag a title in his third attempt.

On the under card of Wilder vs Helenius Vito Mielnicki Jr. won in a near shutout of his over matched foe. It may be time to step of the quality of opposition for him As discussed before Gurgen Hovhannisyan won by tko over the once useful Coffie who seemed to train on doughnuts and beer for this fight as showed up weighing a biscuit under 3 bills. Even at that stupid weight he was still a dangerous opponent for a 4 fight prospect as most prospects would be fighting a 3 bills version of a fighter who couldn't fight at all.

As discussed before Plant toyed with and ko'd violently and symbolically buried the career of Anthony Dirrell with a 9th round tko he will march on and could be a mandatory for Alvarez but I suspect Alvarez will be promoted to the WBC version of super champion ie Franchise champion and Plant could be awarded the regular belt.

As for the main event Wilder is still obviously a dangerous puncher and his ko of Helenius seemed to the proverbial 6" punch which was amplified with Helenius charging in. Helenius had the right idea of being physical with Wilder when he literally blocked him into the ropes beyond that he wasn't physical with him. Helenius should seriously think about retirement as being a b side fighter for prospects and contenders on the comeback trail isn't worth it if the fighter has kept a decent bank ledger.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
As for the main event Wilder is still obviously a dangerous puncher and his ko of Helenius seemed to the proverbial 6" punch which was amplified with Helenius charging in. Helenius had the right idea of being physical with Wilder when he literally blocked him into the ropes beyond that he wasn't physical with him. Helenius should seriously think about retirement as being a b side fighter for prospects and contenders on the comeback trail isn't worth it if the fighter has kept a decent bank ledger.
That looked like a dive to me. It was accurate short punch, but Wilder couldn't have put much into it considering the angle and his stance at that moment.

Helenius seemed to have decent punch resistance against Kownacki, who KOed Spzilka faster than Wilder did.

booth

Mentor
The only person I have ever seen knock someone down with a 6-12 inch blow and it was a legitimate knockdown was Bruce Lee. It's on a youtube video I didn't see it in person. It was a challenge with Joe Louis the heavyweight karate champ, not the boxer.

white is right

Hall of Famer
That looked like a dive to me. It was accurate short punch, but Wilder couldn't have put much into it considering the angle and his stance at that moment.

Helenius seemed to have decent punch resistance against Kownacki, who KOed Spzilka faster than Wilder did.
I would say the Ali vs Liston "anchor punch" as a higher chance of being fake than this one. I saw this live on a pirate feed and Helenius was staring into space similar to a dead or dying man. Liston stumbled around the referee was incompetent and the film was never conclusive how hard the shot was. The poor film tech. of the 65' fight made the punch seem like it grazed Liston's chin. Also Liston was owned by a mob syndicate with a front man as a manager.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I would say the Ali vs Liston "anchor punch" as a higher chance of being fake than this one. I saw this live on a pirate feed and Helenius was staring into space similar to a dead or dying man. Liston stumbled around the referee was incompetent and the film was never conclusive how hard the shot was. The poor film tech. of the 65' made the punch seem like it grazed Liston's chin. Also Liston was owned by a mob syndicate with a front man as a manager.
His expression when staring into space looked fake. It's not difficult to do that.

He and Wilder were behaving like homosexuals after the fight.

Arerequired

Mentor

I would say the Ali vs Liston "anchor punch" as a higher chance of being fake than this one. I saw this live on a pirate feed and Helenius was staring into space similar to a dead or dying man. Liston stumbled around the referee was incompetent and the film was never conclusive how hard the shot was. The poor film tech. of the 65' made the punch seem like it grazed Liston's chin. Also Liston was owned by a mob syndicate with a front man as a manager.
Helenius must have worked on his acting chops if that was a dive, I mean there is a chance it's boxing but Helenius just isn't very good. He has KO losses to mediocre boxers like Washington the football player so losing by KO here was definitely a possibility.

Truthman

Guru
Paulie Malignaggi has a good youtube channel now
Never really liked him a fighter, but love him as a pundit. He tells it straight how it is.

Hes made videos talking the truth about Devin Haney and how Lomachenko would beat him. And what seems like the whole of the scummy LDBC has migrated to his comments section hating. Reminds me how much I hate these black american boxing fans, they are so racist, and butthurt over everything Paulie says:lol:

booth

Mentor
A few fights this weekend on ESPN+ and Showtime. The main event on Showtime is off due to one of the fighters having Covid. Ali Izmailov vs Radivoje Kalajdzic is off. The ESPN+ Card starts at 1 PM ET.

white is right

Hall of Famer
A few fights this weekend on ESPN+ and Showtime. The main event on Showtime is off due to one of the fighters having Covid. Ali Izmailov vs Radivoje Kalajdzic is off. The ESPN+ Card starts at 1 PM ET.
We missed this as Kenzie Morrison was back in the ring headlining another Sons of Legends card but was out boxed by his opponent and lost a fairly wide 4 point loss across the score cards against a decent skilled(for this level) club fighter type. I don't know if this was a cherry pick gone wrong or tough match making for a prospect.

Robert Simms on the surface looks like a cream puff as he is flabby with man boobs but similar to Chauncey Welliver he knows how to box and move in and out but you would think since he is a smaller flabby heavyweight Morrison's superior strength would have become a factor.

If Morrison is to get beyond this level he needs to hire a world class training team to teach him how to cut off the ring and set up a knock out.

https://fightnews.com/sons-of-legends-results-from-kansas-city/139280

PS this card was terribly promoted and was on an obscure PPV source so even a spectacular ko win for Morrison might not have gotten him much buzz. I only remembered this fight because I saw the under card results off of the Fightnews boxing wire and I still couldn't find a live feed.

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
White is Right, I was very surprised to see that Kenzie Morrison fought this weekend. I check three sites for the boxing schedule for the weekend and I am sure it wasn't listed. As it turned out I am glad I didn't know it was on.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i readily admit that i don’t follow boxing very closely, but i thought Fury said he was retiring ...

Truthman

Guru
ESPN can never be taken seriously when it comes to their articles and rankings. They are extremely anti white, anti european and pro american. The vast majority of p4p lists rightfully have Oleksandr Usyk as number 1. ESPN has him 6th! One writer for them - Bernardo Pilattii even had him as low as 8th!. Unbelievable.

Their every year 'ESPN prospect of the year' lists were always terribly bad and biased, they were filled up with black and brown fighters amd hardly any whites. Its always a good laugh to look back at them and see how loads of fighters on those lists got beat shortly after lol.. like Chris Colbert, Daniel Dubois, Efe Ajagba, Gabriel Flores etc. Erickson Lubin, Felix Verdejo, and Edgar Berlanga all won the award lol

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
Who remembers Dan Rafaels scoring of Mcgregor vs Mayweather..

One of the most vocal critics of the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was ESPN's lead boxing writer Dan Rafael and his bias against MMA made him look foolish last night.

It's pretty much been universally accepted that McGregor won the first round against Mayweather, with the official Compubox numbers showing he had outlanded him by 34 to 6, but somehow Rafael saw it differently.

"Round 1: Very slow. But Conor looks pathetic with how he throws punches. Mayweather 10-9," Rafael wrote on the ESPN live blog.

Cue Rafael getting roasted on Twitter by both MMA and boxing fans alike, to the extent that he later issued an apology after the fight was over.

"Yeah, I blew it scoring rd 1. It happens. Life goes on. Nothing is perfect other than Floyd's boxing record."

This from a former award winner for "career excellence in boxing journalism." :-/

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Who remembers Dan Rafaels scoring of Mcgregor vs Mayweather..

One of the most vocal critics of the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was ESPN's lead boxing writer Dan Rafael and his bias against MMA made him look foolish last night.

It's pretty much been universally accepted that McGregor won the first round against Mayweather, with the official Compubox numbers showing he had outlanded him by 34 to 6, but somehow Rafael saw it differently.

"Round 1: Very slow. But Conor looks pathetic with how he throws punches. Mayweather 10-9," Rafael wrote on the ESPN live blog.

Cue Rafael getting roasted on Twitter by both MMA and boxing fans alike, to the extent that he later issued an apology after the fight was over.

"Yeah, I blew it scoring rd 1. It happens. Life goes on. Nothing is perfect other than Floyd's boxing record."

This from a former award winner for "career excellence in boxing journalism." :-/
Dan Rafael is another privileged Jew. Anyone from any other ethnicity who is as unlikable as Rafael would never have made it as a sports writer.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Somehow guys like him (incredibly Unlikeable and also supremely unathletic) are the ones “chosen” to be sportswriters and sportscasters .

Funny how that works.

Maybe something to do with who runs the media? Maybe ?

white is right

Hall of Famer
A light boxing schedule this weekend.
There may be more than you think as there are quite a few prospects fighting this weekend and the weekend has a high profile Loma main event against a fairly obscure fringe contender in Jamaine Ortiz but without a win his proposed clash with Haney for the undisputed lightweight belt will probably vanish. Also in another celebrity boxing type fight Jake Paul fights the ancient Anderson Silva. Silva while being as old as dirt basically shutout JCC Jr. in a main event last year but as we have seen before old fighters can fall off a cliff skills wise within a 1 year window.

Arerequired

Mentor
Jake Paul wins a unanimous decision over Anderson Silva knocking him down once, I did not watch the whole fight so I don't know how good the scorecards are overall but Jake Paul keeps on impressing, considering not too long ago Silva beat a real, if not washed boxer who held a title.