March Madness

northwinds

Mentor
Guy and Jerome tearing it up for UVA........13 and 11 respectively. This game is what college basketball should look like

Riggins44

Master
Guy and Jerome tearing it up for UVA........13 and 11 respectively. This game is what college basketball should look like

Purdue-Virginia is really heating up. They are going back and forth, exchanging buckets. Guy and Jerome are starting to hit their stride, and even Salt has chipped in a few buckets.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Purdue-Virginia is really heating up. They are going back and forth, exchanging buckets. Guy and Jerome are starting to hit their stride, and even Salt has chipped in a few buckets.

Hell ya it's a good one! Edwards keeping Purdue in this one. Both teams exchanging 3s!!

It sucks white-friendly Purdue is matched up against Virginia (also white-friendly), as both start a healthy # of whites.
Purdue start 3 whites in Sr. G Ryan Cline 6'6 195, Sr. F/G Grady Eifert 6'6 220, and Dutch So. C Matt Haarms 7'3 250. While Virginia of course start NBA prospects Jr. PG Ty Jerome 6'5 200, and Jr. G Kyle Guy 6'2 185 (may wait until 2020 draft).

northwinds

Mentor
Guy and Jerome with 49 points and 15 rebounds.....,glad UVA won it...,,,,,,otherwise it would have been an Edwards love fest......

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Helluva game!!

It was nice to watch a high level game where both teams play a good number of White athletes. I really just enjoyed it for the thrill of the sport, knowing that whichever team won would be worthy of my time and respect. More sporting events in the USSA should feel that way.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Classic!! What a game between Purdue and Virginia. One of the first times in a while I've been that invested in a college hoops game. It was great seeing so many great plays, and a healthy number of white athletes on the floor. Edwards played out of his mind tonight. I've got to give him credit; he's had a strong tournament, and was hitting some insane shots to keep Purdue in the game. Some of his three pointers he hit honestly reminded me of the shots Jimmer used to knock down with BYU a few years back. Watching Edwards going back and forth with Guy and Jerome in the 2nd half was awesome. Guy picked the right time to come off his shooting slump!! In addition to 24 points, Jerome finishes with 7 assists and 5 boards. Guy finished with 25 points and 10 boards. Jack Salt played heavy minutes tonight, and turned the game around in favor of Virginia in the 2nd half.

I would've been happy with either, but watching Guy and Jerome score 25 and 24 points respectively to will Virginia past Purdue was why I was rooting for the Cavaliers. Edwards has been on fire the whole tournament, and would have deservedly attracted most of the attention for Purdue had the Boilermakers made the Final Four, especially after nearly willing Purdue to a win. Now, it'll be Guy, Jerome, and Hunter (UVA's black guard) getting the plaudits and attention. The first two teams in the Final Four are starting 2/3 white back-courts, and all four of them (Guy, Jerome, Mooney, and Moretti) are in their respective team's top 3 scorers and average double figures on the season!

Two teams to root for in the Final Four!! Not too shabby! I'm hoping for Michigan State and Kentucky (can't believe I just typed that) tomorrow.

Riggins44

Master
Yes, what a fantastic game and outcome. Guy, Jerome, and Salt scored 54 of Virginia's 80 points. Here's to Virginia winning their first NCAA title!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Fantastic evening and night of hoops! Virginia stepped up and earned the WIN.

Just like Texas Tech got on a roll dropping Michigan and now Gonzaga (and playing good defense), Auburn may well drop Kentucky. It wouldn't bother me. Duke/Michigan State, what Duke team shows up? What Michigan State team shows up? At this point - with Duke looking vulnerable - Michigan State is the 'popular pick.' How will this game be officiated?

So with Texas Tech heading to the Final 4 I've been hearing that Matt Mooney and Davide Moretti are moving onto NBA radars! That's always nice to hear on what is shaping up to be a very good draft for white G's, maybe even better than last years which was higher than usual.

Shadowlight

Master
No doubt about it the Virginia Purdue tilt was the best game of the season and I was rooting for Virginia the whole way. Correct observations above. If Purdue won it would have been Carson Edwards and the seven Dwarfs type of thing.

I have been a huge Kyle Guy fan since his freshman year and his shooting slump was a painful thing to witness although he kept contributing in other ways. To see him pull out of his slump in the second half was life affirming.

Guy is only a 6'2" SG so his NBA outlook is fringy although I think with his skill set he could stick. He is obviously a great shooter and can get it off quickly. Moves very well without the ball and has some driving ability. His quickness is about average but he is a terrific leaper. Witness his ten boards last night. Just a really sound all around player who deservedly was a first team All ACC member. He kind of reminds me of another Indiana (HS legend) Damon Bailey. ( Guy is from Indiana too). Although I think Guy has a better shot at the NBA than Bailey. Bailey also was a great leaper.

His backcourt mate and brother in arms Ty Jerome has a higher NBA grade because he is a 6''5" ball handler supreme. The consummate craftsman, Jerome is very cerebral and skilled. He is a killer and I don't think any team looks forward to playing Virginia because they know Jerome directs the show with aplomb.

They may not be Frazier/Monroe or Goodrich/West but damn if Guy and Jerome aren't the best one two punch college backcourt in the nation. I have been rooting for them the hardest all season long and won't stop now.

Like everyone else I am happy Texas Tech won too. Nice clutch shots by the Italian ( that always makes me happy) and Mooney was really on point. Hell he made one driving layup where he changed hands so fast I thought it was a magic trick.

I did not like this version of Gonzaga. Tillie due to injuries etc. was reduced mainly to bench fill in scrub and the majority of attention was on their black stars. So glad they lost and can remain hungry for next season where they bring in a bunch of talented white recruits.

Yes that Edwards almost beat them by himself. Virginia started to hedge another defender on him late and that helped a bit but what a game.

The Purdue C Haarms and his funny 80's style haircut is quite a character. Very athletic for such a tall guy. Needs things to work on including strength but the raw material is there and he has two years to improve to the point where NBA teams will be interested.

Enjoyed all the posts above. This tournament has been heating up lately.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Xavier Tillman weighs 40 lbs less than Zion Williamson. Zion Williamson has to be single digit fat percentage, just looks "fat" because of the HGH, especially giving him a Barry Bonds head.

The Hock

Master
Kentucky out. Not much to choose between the squads anyway, and Herro a pretty much a non factor. Games like that happen in a player's career. Auburn's first trip to the final four. They're dangerous and dare I say athletic. They gave Kentucky fits with their blocks and steals.

Auburn's coach though. Exhibit A.

Last edited:
Kentucky out. Not much to choose between the squads anyway, and Herro a pretty much a non factor. It happens in a player's career. Auburn's first trip to the final four. They're dangerous and dare I say athletic. They gave Kentucky fits with their blocks and steals.

True, Auburn and Kentucky are disgraceful teams who only recruit blacks, and only allow whites if they walk-on.

However its a blue moon for Kentucky as they start boy-wonder Fr. G Tyler Herro 6'5 195, dubbed the new next Rex Chapman and will likely be a Lottery pick in the 2019 draft! Herro only had 7 pts, 6 assts, and 3 rbs today, but his season avg of 14.2 ppg 4.5 rpg and 2.4 assts as a Freshman looks like he'll be fine!

Last edited:

Oh Gwad! (((Bruce Pearl))). It's remarkable he hasn't been metoo'd yet. Then again, basketball coach at Auburn is way under the radar. They work hard on the defensive end. I am amazed they pulled it off against Kentucky.

The Hock

Master
Some of Auburn's baskets were flukey. One where the ball almost wedged beween the rim, sat there a moment, then dropped through the net. Another shot high bounce off the rim, could have gone over the backboard but no it goes straight up, then back down for two. Or three maybe, I forget. There were a couple others like that. Just the whims of the basketball gods, although that explanation might count Bigunreal as an unbeliever.

The same gods cursed Duke with that missed free through, then a deliberate miss attempt, which Duke needed badly, bounced wrong and went in. Sorry kid but I can't help chuckling on that one.

Some of Auburn's baskets were flukey. One where the ball almost wedged beween the rim, sat there a moment, then dropped through the net. Another shot high bounce off the rim, could have gone over the backboard but no it goes straight up, then back down for two. Or three maybe, I forget. There were a couple others like that. Just the whims of the basketball gods, although that explanation might count Bigunreal as an unbeliever.

The same gods cursed Duke with that missed free through, then a deliberate miss attempt, which Duke needed badly, bounced wrong and went in. Sorry kid but I can't help chuckling on that one.

Definitely Auburn's day. They also, to their credit, made the free throws. The Duke kid not being able to intentionally miss ... That's just funny haha. Basketball is so random that one game results are kind of silly. College, one game; NBA, best of SEVEN. Nothing in between.

Last edited:

Riggins44

Master

Yeah, that attempted miss free throw that went through showed that it just wasn't Duke's day. Good to see Michigan State win. The only really objectionable team in the Final Four is Auburn. Hopefully their luck runs out next Saturday.

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
Thanks for posting the dunk Riggins. I was in transit and heard it on the radio. They never replayed it. Nasty dunk over a center no less. I didn't realize that listening to the radio broadcast. I thought he was all alone.

McQuaid also had this circus shot which ESPN didn't replay. It was the shot of the tournament. See below.

McQuaid is the best on ball defender in college basketball. Grant Hill was getting too caste at times last night implying Reddish could take him. The answer is no. Simply put he shut down Cam Reddish who was 2-8 from the field.

Shadowlight

Master
What a great thing to see media hero freshman of Duke go down in flames. Like so many recent KY teams that were loaded up with media hyped one and done black freshman, Duke followed suit and thankfully like so many of those KY teams flopped when it counted most.

Of course now the media will spend months drooling over their draft potential but at least we won't have to suffer through them at the Final Four.

So Zion and the boys were sent home with their tail between their legs. Hell they played three close games in a row. The third time was the charm though. Ha.

Perhaps Coach K will alter his KY style recruiting and get back to basics which hopefully includes more star white recruits.

northwinds

Mentor
The Virginia/Auburn game looks to be one of the best caste matchups in quite some time........the loathsome all black Tigers, coached by caste clown Bruce Pearl, need to go down.........