March Madness 2023

LunchPale42

If Creighton beats Baylor going to setup some White on White crime next weekend. I’m all for that. Means one of our teams will get into the Elite 8 for sure.

Riggins44

Master
Alright, today is a new day, and we have alot of teams playing that are worth supporting. Xavier, Gonzaga, Marquette, and Indiana are all the higher seed and should win their games. We all want St. Mary's, but if UConn wins it won't be horrible as they have three white players who get minutes. If Creighton is able to beat coal black Baylor it would be awesome.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Xavier gets the win with Nunge and Kunkel leading the scoring with 18 and 15 respectively
Good win for a team with some of our guys!

Next game, can Kentucky and Kansas State both lose? Kentucky was a little bit better earlier in the year when CJ Fredrick started. Now he’s an afterthought and they are odious as usual.

Phall

Master
Xavier gets the win with Nunge and Kunkel leading the scoring with 18 and 15 respectively
They were the two top scorers and also the only whites who played for Xavier. They should try getting a few more!

Pitt played both its Spanish twin freshmen today in a seven-man rotation. That bodes well, but they’re still the only whites on the roster.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
They were the two top scorers and also the only whites who played for Xavier. They should try getting a few more!

Pitt played both its Spanish twin freshmen today in a seven-man rotation. That bodes well, but they’re still the only whites on the roster.
the two Spanish freshmen you mentioned look VERY intriguing. they’re both highly skilled, long, and mobile. they’re just SUPER spindly (though they do play with aggression). if they hit the weight room, they could become terrific players.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Joey Hauser (Michigan State) and Tyler Kolek (Marquette) are the only White starters for their respective teams, yet they are clearly the best player on their teams. you’d think their recruiting process would prioritize targeting more players like them ...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i like the two big White freshmen on the court at the moment for St. Mary’s and UConn. bright futures for the both of them.

Riggins44

Master
the two Spanish freshmen you mentioned look VERY intriguing. they’re both highly skilled, long, and mobile. they’re just SUPER spindly (though they do play with aggression). if they hit the weight room, they could become terrific players.
They look exactly like Chet Holmgren. They aren't as talented as him but they are promising.

Riggins44

Master
Joey Hauser (Michigan State) and Tyler Kolek (Marquette) are the only White starters for their respective teams, yet they are clearly the best player on their teams. you’d think their recruiting process would prioritize targeting more players like them ...
Its like white defensive players in the NFL. Either you're the best player on your team, or you don't play.

jphoss

Mentor
Dissapointed by the St. Mary’s showing but they’ll be back and better for it next year. Uconn is a quality squad and played well. Creighton looking strong so far but it’s still a long way to go

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dissapointed by the St. Mary’s showing but they’ll be back and better for it next year. Uconn is a quality squad and played well. Creighton looking strong so far but it’s still a long way to go
Agreed. Quickly looking through St. Mary’s roster and they should have quite a bit of fire power for next season once again!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Quickly looking through St. Mary’s roster and they should have quite a bit of fire power for next season once again!

Yeah they will be loaded next year but it doesn't cheer me up much. Man they played so good the first half. The injury
really seemed to help change the games as well. I really thought Saint Marys would win today.

Let's hope for Creighton and Gonzaga.

jphoss

Mentor
It definitely changed the complexion of the game and I would’ve liked their odds vs arkansas but Creighton is up 15 now and looking sharp

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
St. Mary’s style of play reminds me of old school option football: controlled, deliberate pace offensively creates high efficiency but low scores. while this is an obviously effective strategy, it is problematic when you get behind by very much. to further add to this team’s struggle today, (head coach) Randy Bennett doesn’t like to play his bench hardly at all. so in a game like today, where injury and foul trouble are HUGE factors, the guys who suddenly have to play big minutes aren’t ready to do so.

give credit where it’s due: UConn played the more complete game and took advantage of the Gaels’ adversity. i’m convinced that the Huskies’ White freshman big man is better than their black starter. i'd love to see his per-minute numbers!

still, it was a good year for the Gaels, and hopefully next year is even better!

as for Creighton, thankfully they had enough blacks on the roster to enable them to withstand the “defending while White” foul trouble that limited their two White playmakers.

has anyone been watching any of the women’s tournament? there are a LOT of our girls and teams playing well.

TwentyTwo

Master
Gonzaga advances to Sweet 16 beating TCU 84 - 81 ( hit 3 at buzzer)....led by Drew Timme who was stone cold with 28 points! Literally put the team on his back! Doing it all! Getting some old school McHale comparisons too.

Enjoyed reading all of the post!

Thanks Phall's work ! Impressive stuff! Your response to Purdue's loss was epic! Funny & sickening at the same time! Arizona too....at least Princeton beat Mizzou too!

Too bad Zach Freemantle was OUT injured for Xavier ..averages 15 pts & 8 rebs a game

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Timme was a monster in the second half. simply unstoppable.

jphoss

Mentor
St. Mary’s style of play reminds me of old school option football: controlled, deliberate pace offensively creates high efficiency but low scores. while this is an obviously effective strategy, it is problematic when you get behind by very much. to further add to this team’s struggle today, (head coach) Randy Bennett doesn’t like to play his bench hardly at all. so in a game like today, where injury and foul trouble are HUGE factors, the guys who suddenly have to play big minutes aren’t ready to do so.

give credit where it’s due: UConn played the more complete game and took advantage of the Gaels’ adversity. i’m convinced that the Huskies’ White freshman big man is better than their black starter. i'd love to see his per-minute numbers!

still, it was a good year for the Gaels, and hopefully next year is even better!

as for Creighton, thankfully they had enough blacks on the roster to enable them to withstand the “defending while White” foul trouble that limited their two White playmakers.

has anyone been watching any of the women’s tournament? there are a LOT of our girls and teams playing well.
I hope he makes some adjustments bc you have to be able to score to keep winning in this tourney. Virginia had the same problem that culminated with their loss to umbc before their coach made some adjustments to their style. St. Mary’s next year has the talent to make a decent run
Hate to keep pointing out the refs but it’s getting ridiculous. Creighton’s white player was thrown to ground and then had his face stomped on but somehow he was called for a foul!

white is right

Hall of Famer
It definitely changed the complexion of the game and I would’ve liked their odds vs arkansas but Creighton is up 15 now and looking sharp
Creighton plays Princeton and the winner will play corrupt Bama if the form ledger holds. I really don't pay attention to too much at the collegiate level in basketball less the tournament but now I understand why Bama is so willing to let their star player get every benefit of the doubt on his providing of a gun in a homicide.

Seeing FDU lose shows why height and having quality bigs is so important to beat elite college teams and this is why mid majors usually have no shot to win it all as they usually don't have a true collegiate big. FDU had an average height of 6'3", many high school teams are taller and that cost them in the round of 32 game. Their most dynamic player while being a whirling dervish was only a listed 5'8" and his lack of height cost them a few buckets when he had to twist and try and make a dynamic lay up.

PS Timme is Laetner and Bird reincarnated at the NCAA level just a leader who carries Gonzaga on his back. The Zags could beat the Bruins but I can't see them going extremely deep as nobody but Watson helps him offensively. If they couldn't win with deeper offensive teams then this team will fall short too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Creighton plays Princeton and the winner will play corrupt Bama if the form ledger holds. I really don't pay attention to too much at the collegiate level in basketball less the tournament but now I understand why Bama is so willing to let their star player get every benefit of the doubt on his providing of a gun in a homicide.

Seeing FDU lose shows why height and having quality bigs is so important to beat elite college teams and this is why mid majors usually have no shot to win it all as they usually don't have a true collegiate big. FDU had an average height of 6'3", many high school teams are taller and that cost them in the round of 32 game. Their most dynamic player while being a whirling dervish was only a listed 5'8" and his lack of height cost them a few buckets when he had to twist and try and make a dynamic lay up.

PS Timme is Laetner and Bird reincarnated at the NCAA level just a leader who carries Gonzaga on his back. The Zags could beat the Bruins but I can't see them going extremely deep as nobody but Watson helps him offensively. If they couldn't win with deeper offensive teams then this team will fall short too.
Yes indeed Timme is cut from a different mold. The kid is tough as nails and gives everything on the court. Gonzaga needs to go back
to these type of players if they want to continue to have success. The more they ignore our guys and they are not as good as they used to
be. So I do agree that they are a very long shot to make it to the final four.

northwinds

Mentor
I hope he makes some adjustments bc you have to be able to score to keep winning in this tourney. Virginia had the same problem that culminated with their loss to umbc before their coach made some adjustments to their style. St. Mary’s next year has the talent to make a decent run
Hate to keep pointing out the refs but it’s getting ridiculous. Creighton’s white player was thrown to ground and then had his face stomped on but somehow he was called for a foul!
I saw that play and couldn’t believe the call……..was in a bar with no sound. Did the talking heads even comment on the absurd call?