March Madness 2023

NikoDuke

Mentor
While not the most optimal results today, I watched a game today and my guest ( a normie ) made a comment saying that there were more White kids playing. And for someone like him to notice that our kids can play is a win for me.

Flint

Mentor
Yikes it was a bad first day for the good guys. My bracket is completely busted. It seems white friendly teams do not do well in this tournament from what I remember in years past. Maybe there will be some other surprises?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
She’s gotta be doped up on prescription pills. Loopy lil hyena.

Yesterday was a tough day for the majority White teams. I'm counting majority White in terms of actual time played on the court. By my count we went 1-5.

Won
Princeton

Lost
Arizona
Utah State
Colgate
Iowa
Charleston

The silver lining is that we did have 6 majority White teams play on Day 1 of March Madness which seems like higher than previous years.

Flint

Mentor
Frickin Arizona and Iowa were good teams. Should not have lost.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yesterday was a tough day for the majority White teams. I'm counting majority White in terms of actual time played on the court. By my count we went 1-5.

Won
Princeton

Lost
Arizona
Utah State
Colgate
Iowa
Charleston

The silver lining is that we did have 6 majority White teams play on Day 1 of March Madness which seems like higher than previous years.
Ouch. Let’s hope Xavier can start day 2 off right for us!

I do appreciate your silver lining though! Seems like a valid statement.

Today it looks like we have two majority-White teams Saint Mary's and Purdue playing. Hopefully those 2 teams can get through and we can have at least 3 majority-White teams to root for in the last 32 of the tournament (including Princeton).

Edit: Looks like Vermont is also a majority-White team to root for. Let's go Purdue, Vermont and Saint Mary's!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I think Vermont will keep it close with Marquette as well.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It should also be noted that the all black teams play hacketball and get away with physical play.. Seen it time and time again.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
UCSB staying close in their game with some solid contributions from gym rats.

I just turned over to St. Mary’s though!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
St. Mary’s is looking great against a very game VCU team. Great sign to see the Gaels hit their Free Throws!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Jack Nunge saves the day with a heroic block!

One of the cuck announcers called it “Candace Parker esque”

Don’t get me started on that.

white is right

Hall of Famer

The old saying about you can't coach height played into that win as Nunge was clearly able to out muscle the undersized Kennesaw St. center down low.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The only saying about you can't coach height played into that win as Nunge was clearly able to out muscle the undersized Kennesaw St. center down low.
Glad they went to Nunge in clutch time and Xavier grinded that one out!

Phall

Master

Lol at that playcall. I guarantee he wrote that one down a few days ago to use after any key play.

My bracket is complete trash, I think I lost more games than I won yesterday. But Xavier and their two white starters made me nervous! Their two white starters don't make for fantastic viewing, but the Midwest region has a real lack of teams to support. All in on Drake for a few rounds though!

As long as Saint Mary's holds on to win, I think it's helpful that Mahaney is having an off-day early and getting it out of the way. He's still green and has bounced back from some lousy first-halves this season, including against Gonzaga last month. They'll need him shooting well to get past UConn on Sunday.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Xavier and St. Mary’s win! Good news!

Agreed on Mahaney! I’m even more high on their team when they can respond like that when their star is down!

Phall

Master
I believe that Candace Parker comparison was made by post game analysts @Phall lol
Wow, he really Martin Luther Kinged the ball into the hoop! He's a real Barack Obama on the floor for his team. He reminds me of a young Nelson Mandela out there on the floor!

Kalkbrenner had 31-7 for Creighton - BEAST. I haven't checked the 'pick your teams' thread yet, but if he's still there, he's my new center.

Phall

Master
One time, I ate a runny four-egg omelet for breakfast, snacked on ground beef nachos with extra guacamole for lunch, capped my evening off with a General Tso’s platter from the local Chinese takeout, and still did not produce as big and stinky of a turd as Purdue has just laid here in this game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
It should also be noted that the all black teams play hacketball and get away with physical play.. Seen it time and time again.
i refer you to my post from yesterday:

Jimmy Chitwood said:
it’s been a tough day for our guys and a tough day for beautiful basketball. a lot of these teams who are winning are playing a very ugly, albeit obviously effective, style of basketball: controlling the tempo with “very physical” defense (aka fouling) and counting on whistle fatigue from the officials (much like the Seattle Seahawk defense that won the Super Bowl a few years back) and running isolation plays with lots of crab dribble post ups. it works, but it sure is ugly (see Arkansas, Auburn, Texas, San Diego State, etc.).

add Fairleigh Dickenson to the list of teams that play this way ... it’s a definite paradigm shift in college basketball, and in my opinion not for the better.

Flint

Mentor
Purdue losing is an embarrassment to Purdue, an embarrassment to the Big 10, and frankly makes White basketball players look softer then they did before.