Let the Cam Newton propaganda begin!!

TheAnimal

Guru
It is amazing how bad it is that a guy with virtually no NFL level quarterbacking skills is promoted as the #1 QB in the entire draft. What's even more amazing is how a dozen or so concerns when it comes to white/Mexi/Indian QB's goes out the window when it comes to an afflete. Well i'm unbiased, and a pretty good scout who has gotten picks right more often than McShay, Kiper or any other clown and here's my untainted scouting report.

Strengths: He can run. He has good size for a linebacker or blocking tight end. Maybe could find "success" as a Wildcat "Quarterback."

Weaknesses: Doesn't work the pocket. If his only read isn't open or defensive players get too close he's quickly scrambling. Like other black quarterbacks he likes to try and be the entire cadre of playmakers on his own coupled with happy feet. Never steps into the pocket to try and save a play. His throwing mechanics suck. Doesn't know how to plant his feet to throw and uses his entire body to lob the ball. His footwork is atrocious and at a high school level at best. No experience under center. No experience with dropping back to pass, strictly a NCAA spread QB. Arm strength is highly overrated by the DWF's, NAACP football fans and the media. Comes from a gimmick offense. Has never made reads nor gone through progressions. Only has experience in a base "throw to so and so and if he isn't open run" college style. Can't "thread the needle" to his WR's, if his option isn't standing wide open he's unable to make the throw. Has never had to and has no experience in calling plays. His leadership ability is nonexistent and he has more character concerns than mega-bust Andre Smith. Comes from an entitlement mindset ala Vince Young and won't take well to hard coaching, will need to be coddled. Ego issues cause Newton to view himself as better than he is and likely to prevent him from taking constructive criticism nor improve his stock.

Anyone who has actually watched tape on Newton(as opposed to beating off to highlight videos and his ebony skin) has seen it for himself. He's like many other wannabe Quarterbacks in the NCAA, from a gimmick program that can make the stat sheet look good yet cannot translate to the NFL game. They're going all out with sCam, they even brought out the one good black QB in NFL history to prop him up and promote him. Reality is it's unlikely he even meets a All He Do Is Whine level in the NFL much less any success. The comparisons to Jamarcus Russell overall are pretty apt.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
One positive is that some coaches and general managers are wary of drafting Scam Newton after his ridiculous statements. Of course that doesn't mean much as some idiot will draft him early because of his "upside" potential. It's even possible that Carolina or Buffalo take him in the top three picks. At least we know the moron Al Davis won't be able to draft him. Oakland doesn't have a first round pick.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
It's true that Scam is "full of himself".. a legend in his own mind, but, like the typical brutha, when things aren't going his way on the football field, he's hunched-over on the sidelines with a towel over his head.. looking so sad and frustrated.

He can't handle "adversity" like the MSM is suggesting. What is rarely mentioned is that last year was clearly a "rebuilding year" in the SEC. Not only were several teams breaking in new QBs (from the HS level), but SEC "defenses" have also been awful in recent years.

TheAnimal

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
One positive is that some coaches and general managers are wary of drafting Scam Newton after his ridiculous statements. Of course that doesn't mean much as some idiot will draft him early because of his "upside" potential. It's even possible that Carolina or Buffalo take him in the top three picks. At least we know the moron Al Davis won't be able to draft him. Oakland doesn't have a first round pick.

I don't think Carolina or Buffalo takes him honestly. Carolina has alot of needs on that team and being #1 overall, they're also #33. After taking some mega afflete like Nick Fairley(who sucks when he can't take cheap shots) they can trade back into the first for a QB. Buffalo? Ralph Wilson seems to have a phobia of first round QB's as of late, although if they take one I think it'll be the true "athletic freak" who actually has "unlimited potential" Blaine Gabbert.

sCam Newton will be a Bungle or Titan i'm sure of. Bud Adams has a hatred of white quarterbacks and Mike Brown has been trying to get a black quarterback on the roster for the last three years.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
Cam Newton has gone from being a questionable first round pick to now #3 overall on draft "guru" Mel Kiper's big board. It's happened in a matter of about 2-3 months. I'm still not sure what has possibly changed for him to make such a dramatic jump.

I've been thinking the same thing FB75. sCam should be drafted in the 3rd-4th round (at best). However, the caste ma$ters see him as another afroletic "black quarterback" cash cow/gravy train, so they have their castrated stooges (Mel "meat" Piper, etc.) manipulating his draft evaluations (bogusly so).

I've never found dudes dressing in drag ever "cute" or funny.
smiley55.gif
Nor have I ever thought movies ("Tootsie") or skits (SNL, etc.) w/ "men" sportin' womens duds were humourous...but weird & queerish. Typical juden-spawned warped "humor".

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
TheAnimal said:
whiteathlete33 said:

I don't think Carolina or Buffalo takes him honestly. Carolina has alot of needs on that team and being #1 overall, they're also #33. After taking some mega afflete like Nick Fairley(who sucks when he can't take cheap shots) they can trade back into the first for a QB. Buffalo? Ralph Wilson seems to have a phobia of first round QB's as of late, although if they take one I think it'll be the true "athletic freak" who actually has "unlimited potential" Blaine Gabbert.

sCam Newton will be a Bungle or Titan i'm sure of. Bud Adams has a hatred of white quarterbacks and Mike Brown has been trying to get a black quarterback on the roster for the last three years.

You never know. It looks like the Panthers are ready to give up on Clausen after only one season. It usually happens this way for white quarterbacks. Also the Bills don't consider Fitzpatrick as their quarterback of the future.

warhawk46

Guru
Clausen hasn't been impressive at all. But Carolina was a mess last year. Still with their good running backs to take a little pressure off him, I expected him to do better. He is immature and arrogant, by all accounts. And this made him slip in the draft last year. I bet that doesn't happen to Newton, even after his outrageous statements today. People allow and expect attitudes like that from black players. Why they allow it is beyond me... <div>
</div><div>Newton has the same negatives as Tebow did coming out of college, but with none of the strengths or intangibles.</div><div>
</div><div>Also someone pointed out the horrible defenses the SEC has field the last several years. Totally agree. Besides the top 2 teams there every year, the rest are garbage lately.</div>

TheAnimal

Guru
warhawk46 said:
I bet that doesn't happen to Newton, even after his outrageous statements today.

Well it certainly isn't helping his cause he pulled up slow today in the one skill he has, he's looked absolutely horrible in the QB drills coupled with his mouth running the last few days. Maybe the NFL smartens up and the afflete freefalls out of the top 10 or hopefully the first alltogether.

Fenris

The Comparison that intrigues me is Jake Locker and Cam newton. Cam is 6^5 248, Jake is 6^3 231, the ran the same 4.58, had identical 35 in verts and were otherwise almost identical as far as measurable athletiscm. Both come in with questions about accuracy, Jake seems to have improved cam was credited with hitting less half his passes. Jake has experience in a pro style offense

When it comes to character there is no comparison cam has question marks all over the place and already comes off as egotistic entitled twat. The one thing everyone says about jake the love him a scout described him as giving the best interview ever.

Cam possible number one pick jake possible falling out of first round.

Caste system anyone?

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

According to Bengals.com, the fourth spot in the draft now looks like a "river of doubt when it comes to selecting a franchise quarterback."
"Right now a quarterback at No. 4 is a reach," one scout said after Sunday's Combine work. "Mallett was the best one here ... But he's got off-field issues. Newton was terrible and he's got off-field issues, too. Gabbert didn't do anything here." If the Bengals opt to wait for a second round QB, Ryan Mallett has the best arm of the bunch and legit character concerns -- which fits the franchise's modus operandi to a T.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Village idiot Desi Cortez of blackathlete.net with some more unintentionally comical musings, this time on Tim Tebow and Cam Newton:

Tebow Out, Cam In

I don't think the American sports nation understands the reaction, the backlash which would rise up off the Eastern prairie of Colorado, the avalanche of criticism which would descend down from atop the majestic Rockies, from afar away as the Western slope . . . if Pat Bowlen traded the Great white Hope, Tim Tebow, and in his place signed Cam Newton . . . . a ******.

They said, "Desi, warm it up"Â￾ . . . I'm about to, right here n' now. Sit back and dig . . . let me take your mind beyond the trees. Put on a little Maceo parker.

Yeah, I think that trade would spark such anger that you'd hear that exact comment boldly and defiantly stated on the Colorado radio airwaves. And to be honest, you've a decent chance of hearing it on the Denver Bronco's official mouthpiece, 850 KOA, home of Rush Limbaugh.
full article: http://blackathlete.net/artman2/publish/nfldraft/Tebow_out_Cam_in.shtml

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling 'ole Desi is upset that Scam didn't perform very well in the passing drills. His stock has supposedly dropped, yet I have a feeling some team will still take him very early. I'll just sit back and wait for him to bust.

Pie

Guru
That was such a poorly written, badly edited, illogical, backwards, and, well... silly article that it boggles the mind. What a terrible writer. Even if you were stupid enough to buy those kinds of arguments, it would still just be a poorly written pain to struggle through.

I'll give the writer credit though, he had to have worked some amazing journalistic magic to have managed to fail at so many things simultaneously. He seems to think he's rebellious, but argues from an entirely consensus standpoint in relation to his readership. He thinks he's hardcore and going to offend anyone by parroting the opinions of the popular media and throwing in some n-bombs and generally forced ghetto speech? It's been about 25 years since that cut it for offensive to anyone other than an English teacher. All of this just piles onto the magnificent logic-fail of claiming that White America doesn't want to embrace black athletes, even though they are overrepresented in every way.
Edited by: Pie

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Village idiot Desi Cortez of blackathlete.net with some more unintentionally comical musings, this time on Tim Tebow and Cam Newton:
<div> </div>
<div>Tebow Out, Cam In</font></div>
<div></font> </div>
<div>&lt;SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"&gt;I don't think the American sports nation understands the reaction, the backlash which would rise up off the Eastern prairie of Colorado,  the avalanche of criticism which would descend down from atop the majestic Rockies, from afar away as the Western  slope . . . if Pat Bowlen traded the Great white Hope, Tim Tebow, and in his place signed Cam Newton . . . . a ******.</font>&lt;/SPAN&gt;

&lt;P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.15; TEXT-INDENT: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; DIRECTION: ltr; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; FONT-SIZE: 11pt"&gt;&lt;SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Georgia; COLOR: rgb51,51,51; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;
&lt;P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.15; TEXT-INDENT: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; DIRECTION: ltr; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; FONT-SIZE: 11pt"&gt;&lt;SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Georgia; COLOR: rgb51,51,51; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"&gt;They said, "Desi, warm it up"Â . . . I'm about to, right here n' now. Sit back and dig . . . let me take your mind beyond the trees. &lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia; COLOR: rgb51,51,51; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"&gt;Put on a little Maceo parker. &lt;/SPAN&gt;
&lt;P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.15; TEXT-INDENT: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; DIRECTION: ltr; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; FONT-SIZE: 11pt"&gt;&lt;SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Georgia; COLOR: rgb51,51,51; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;
&lt;P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.15; TEXT-INDENT: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; DIRECTION: ltr; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; FONT-SIZE: 11pt"&gt;&lt;SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Georgia; COLOR: rgb51,51,51; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"&gt;Yeah, I think that trade would spark such anger that you'd hear that exact comment boldly and defiantly stated on the Colorado radio airwaves. And to be honest, you've a decent chance of hearing it on the Denver Bronco's official mouthpiece, 850 KOA, home of Rush Limbaugh.  
<div></div>full article: http://blackathlete.net/artman2/publish/nfldraft/Tebow_out_Cam_in.shtml&lt;/SPAN&gt;</div>

I really don't understand the "argument"Â being presented.

Why would the Broncos, or any other NFL team, trade away their 2010 first round draft pick (who made three relatively successful starts on a bad team and is only entering his second season) in order to select an even younger, much less skilled, much less proven quarterback with fewer achievements and character issues?

I suppose Broncos fans and Denver sports commentators would be slightly perturbed (and/or perplexed) at such a bizarre action"¦simply because doing so would make little sense for the organization. So, yes, in that vein, BlackAthlete.net is entirely correct.

Paleocon

Guru
The article makes no sense. If Tebow isn't any good and needs to be replaced then why would anyone draft Cam Newton? If Tebow is good (which is a good thing for Newton even though little Desi can't figure that out) then why replace him?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I saw this article in today's AJC this morning and thought some of you might be interested. That is all the boy needs, is to be able to "splane it to ya."

<h1>Newton has accuracy issues, explains himself at combine</h1>
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/newton-has-accuracy-issues-855282.html

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

INDIANAPOLIS -- Cam <nobr style="">Newton's
FT_10x10a.png
<obr></obr><obr></span>
athletic gifts were evident as he took the field on Sunday for his NFL
combine audition at Lucas Oil Stadium. He had a nice physical presence.
(CR-what the crap does that mean? I mean, I don't doubt that he was physically present. This kind of statement is totally meaningless.) He also had some issues with fluidity on his drop-backs and accuracy
with his passes.

In the second session, Newton exhibited shaky mechanics that led to
wild passes. He dropped back too slow and rushed his attempts. He was
wildly off the mark on three consecutive passes on 10-yard out routes.

Newton has his detractors and the noise from them grew a little louder after his sub-par passing performance.

"He still needs 10,000 hours of reps to hone his skills," the NFL
Network's Mike Lombardi said. "The NFL is not like the NBA. You don't
go from high school and start playing really good. The NFL takes time."

Overall, Newton completed 11 of 21 passes, including 2-for-3 on deep corner routes when he made his best throws of the day.

He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.59 seconds, which was sizzling for a
quarterback. His broad jump was 10 feet, 6 inches, and he had a
vertical jump of 35 inches. He didn't participate in the 225-pound bench
press.

"This whole path to where I am right now has been something of a
whirlwind to say the least, but at the same time this is what I signed
up for," Newton said.

Throughout his meteoric rise, the Heisman Trophy winner from Auburn
and Westlake High School alumnus has outwardly remained unflappable, but
beneath the surface there are some cracks. There are those
controversies, which he has had to address once more with his pro
football suitors.

"During this whole process, with the whole NCAA, it's been somewhat
of me facing adversity," Newton said. "I owe a whole lot ... to the
people that have been available for me to talk to in the wee hours of
the night."

In December, the NCAA ruled that Newton had no knowledge of a
pay-for-play scheme created by his father, Cecil, and the owner of a
scouting service. Newton showed no malice to his father at the combine.
It was the opposite.

"The relationship with my father is one that was already good before
this whole adversity thing came up with the NCAA and with this whole
NCAA thing swarming around my family and everybody that was affiliated
with me," Newton said. "It just brought me and my father closer
together."

NFL teams, of course, wanted to know about the allegations involving his father.

"Yes, sir, the question has been asked," Newton said. "My father is
just like any other father who wants the best for his son. He wants to
see his son succeed in every way possible."

NFL teams also quizzed Newton about accusations that he stole a
laptop at Florida, his suspension from that team and three alleged
incidents of academic cheating.

Newton now has a strong supporting cast around him; he is being advised by Warren <nobr style="">Moon
FT_10x10a.png
<obr></obr><obr></span>, the Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback.

"I call Warren or text him and he's always available," Newton said.
"No matter what the occasion is, he's always ears first and then he
tells me what he feels like his best advice would be."

In recent years, young quarterbacks have come into the league and played well. Matt Ryan has taken the Falcons
to the playoffs in two of his first three years. Joe Flacco has made
three straight trips to the playoffs with Baltimore. Mark Sanchez has
guided the New York Jets to the AFC title game in each of the last two
seasons. But there are no guarantees.

"I know it's going to be a challenging transition," Newton said.

Newton had to answer for recent comments about being an "entertainer"
and "icon" as much as he was a football player, leaving some teams
concerned by this.

"I think they will research it more," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. "I don't think it will dissuade them from taking someone with such quality talent."

Auburn's spread offense didn't prepare Newton for the NFL, leaving
critics to contend that if he doesn't find his first receiver, he would
take off running. In the NFL, running quarterbacks don't last and are
prone to injury.

Clearly teams recognize that Newton has physical gifts, no matter what has been said or done by him.

"He's got a lot of upside," Dimitroff said. "There are certain teams
out there that will be salivating over Cam Newton, no question about
that." (CR-there is the U word again. Whites can't buy it, while blacks ooze the stuff.)

Several teams in the top half of the draft have unsettled quarterback
situations. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has shown an interest in
Newton.

"I did have a meeting with the Cowboys," Newton said of a Friday night encounter that lasted 15 minutes.

After the combine, Newton will return to San Diego and continue to
work out. He also plans to participate in Auburn's pro day on March 8.

"I'm just going to continuously keep working on my craft," Newton
said. "That's to become the best quarterback possible during this
transition."

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

JReb1

Mentor
The draft positions in our first mock draft of 2011 are affected by
combine work to a degree; there are players like Oregon State's Stephen
Paea and Illinois' Mikel Leshoure whose exploits in Lucas Oil Stadium
pushed them into the first round. Mocks will change as we go through the
process, but our basic philosophy is to try and get into the heads of
every front office as opposed to imagining who we would pick.

Here's the top half of the first round; picks 17-32 can be found here.

3. Buffalo Bills - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

The Bills featured one of the worst run defenses of the modern era, and adding
Fairley
or Robert Quinn to their front line would help a great deal. But
there's an interesting wrinkle in any Cam Newton-to-Buffalo story: Bills
head coach Chan Gailey is the best in the league at transitioning
option quarterbacks to the pros. He's done it with everyone from Kordell
Stewart to Tyler Thigpen.</span> But Gailey has never had anyone with Newton's raw talent. Giving Gailey a quarterback built like Calvin Johnson,</span> and who can throw 50 yards on a rope without a wind-up, could redefine the position as we know it.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, yet super-scam could barely hit 50% of his WR's who were UNCOVERED (that's on a rope?) at the combine. I'm sure super-scam will continue to redefine the position in a similar fashion as Jamarcuss Russell, Akili Smiff and the legendary Vince young etc. (they also possessed the seemingly only affletic ability to throw a ball "50 yards on a rope without a wind-up" ) continues to do with his uncanny ability to lead his team to some victories in spite of his horrendous play at QB...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Shutdown-Corner-Mock-quot-Seize-the-Weeken;_ylt=AvIF3dfJcr8RiRzv57RvRHg5nYcB?urn=nfl-327689

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
50 yards on a rope without a windup? Hell that's nothing, according to Crissy Collinsworth, Donovan McNabb can throw a ball 80 yards with a flick of his wrist.
smiley29.gif

TheAnimal

Guru
JReb1 said:
Newton's raw talent. Giving Gailey a quarterback built like Calvin Johnson,</span> and who can throw 50 yards on a rope without a wind-up, could redefine the position as we know it.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Yeah i'm still waiting for this redefining moment. Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Akili Smith, Josh Freeman, Mikey Vick, Vince Young, sCam Newton, Troy Smiff, Jamarcus Russell, Quincy Carter, Jeff Blake, Tarvaris Jackson, Steve McNair, Joe Webb, Jason Campbell...... When is the position going to redefine? All they've done is absolutely suck except for McNair and McNabb.

TheAnimal

Guru
Don Wassall said:
50 yards on a rope without a windup? Hell that's nothing, according to Crissy Collinsworth, Donovan McNabb can throw a ball 80 yards with a flick of his wrist.
smiley29.gif

These clowns should really look up the clip of Andrew Luck COMPLETING a 44 yarder milliseconds before hitting the turf AS his legs were taken out from under him thus 44 yards WITHOUT being able to even set his feet to throw, accuracy and strength purely off of his arm.

Don Wassall said:
smiley29.gif

What an idiot. McNabb couldn't throw 80 yards if his life depended on it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If a guy can't throw an out ball how can he be drafted in the first round? It's the most basic check down throw and what made the West Coast Offense the primary offense in the NFL. The latest rumour is that Dallas wants him. This has to be Jerry Jones not listening to his scouting department(unless he only has enablers in the department now). It looks like it could be Quincy Carter II.......
smiley36.gif