Kimbo hype monster

patriot

Guru
apparently AA and Roy Nelson and going to be fighting on the Elitexc card for Nov 4. There has been dicussion of possible setting up a Fedor/Kimbo fight, but Gary Shaw shut that down immediatly. From what I hear from some insiders is that Shaw has hired a group of MMA consultants to find hand picked opponents to fight Kimbo. These are guys he knows Kimbo can beat. I kind of suspected this is the reason he backed out of a fight with Brett Rogers. Most experts relize Kimbo is not the future of MMA but more of a fad. He is 33 and is gradully wearing down. I four years he'll look like what Mike Tyson looked like at 37. I could very well see this guy becomeing another Tank Abbott.
As for the Nelson/AA fight I am upset that this is not the Main event, both these guys would crush Kimbo.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Rogers,AA, Roy Nelson would totally obliterate Bimbo Lice...just imagine what the Cyborg Fedor would do to Kimblow!!! That'd be new meaning to "sudden death"!
smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer said:
Rogers,AA, Roy Nelson would totally obliterate Bimbo Lice...just imagine what the Cyborg Fedor would do to Kimblow!!! That'd be new meaning to "sudden death"!
smiley36.gif

Dixie, Kimbo is careful to not even say Fedor's name out loud, because he is afraid that someone might assume he's challening him. When it comes to the MMA world, Kimbo is like a child walking through his mothers rose garden. He's careful not to step on any flowers (a.k.a. good fighters), because he knows that if he does, there is a serious ass-whooping awaiting him.
smiley36.gif
So, to stay on the safe side, he only steps on the weeds (a.k.a. fighters past their prime).

In other words, Kimbo is well aware of where to step and where NOT to step, so we won't be seeing him fight any notable fighters for a loooooong time, if ever.Edited by: Ground Fighter

Poacher

Mentor
If he was looking for an old white guy to fight he should have fought Dan Severn. I would've enjoyed watching Dan take Slice down and maul him.

Poacher said:
If he was looking for an old white guy to fight he should have fought Dan Severn. I would've enjoyed watching Dan take Slice down and maul him.

Severn has to be almost 50 and would STILL beat Kimbo.

smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I sure hope Shamrock pulls off a minor miracle tonight and beats this overhyped streetfighter Kimbo. At least the fight where Forrest beat Rampage is being shown tonight on Spike, which is a good thing since most of the country has not seen that fight. I have, but I won't mind seeing it again.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Shamrock weighed 206 lbs at the weigh in; Kimbo, 235. Ken looked soft and out of shape. I'm telling you, Ken is coming to collect a paycheck. First round KO for Kimbo.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Shamrock weighed 206 lbs at the weigh in; Kimbo, 235. Ken looked soft and out of shape. I'm telling you, Ken is coming to collect a paycheck. First round KO for Kimbo.

Soft and out of shape, huh. That's a shame if true and I suspect it is true or you wouldn't have posted it, I will see for myself tonight. That sure is a big weight difference.

Poacher

Mentor
For what it's worth:

I don't see either man having good cardio so if this circus goes past half-way it could start looking really bad.

If Ken is here to fight then he should spend his energy trying to drag Slice to the ground where Thompson had his way with him. Like everyone else I believe Ken can win it on the ground.

Slice may just bum rush him early and try to overwhelm him. If Ken can survive Kimbo's energy will fade quickly.

I hope Ken pulls it out.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
aussieaussie31 said:
I read from another website that the fight is off because of a cut shamrock sustained in training.

Kenny already got paid, lol. Should never have given him half up front, bwahahahah.
smiley36.gif

Seriously though, reading the same thing myself. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE: Seth Petruzzeli from TUF, who was scheduled to fight on the undercard, has replaced Ken Shamrock in the main event. Seth could win this fight. Edited by: White Shogun

Poacher

Mentor
Is Petruzzeli a competent grappler?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
Is Petruzzeli a competent grappler?

No, he's a banger. 8 wins by (T)KO, 1 decision, 3 losses by sub, 1 by decision. He can beat Kimbo standing.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jake Shields tapped out the black Brit Paul Daley by textbook arm bar in the second round.

Poacher

Mentor
Nice clear-cut caste victory on national TV for Shields.

Sweet.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
PETRUZZELI WINS BY KO IN :14 FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

KING OF THE STREETS KO'd BY A TUF REJECT!!!

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Edited by: White Shogun

Poacher

Mentor
White Shogun said:
PETRUZZELI WINS BY KO IN :14 FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

KING OF THE STREETS KO'd BY A TUF REJECT!!!

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Hot damn...way to go Seth!

So long Kimbo.Edited by: Poacher

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Another Great Black Dope bites the dust.

You know, the media loves to pick on Gerry Cooney even though he was an amateur champion and a top contender who gave a prime Larry Holmes all he could handle.

Yet Kimbo Slice has gotten a free pass even though he can't fight. Let's just wait and see if Leno or Letterman make jokes about a hapless black man who can't fight and gets knocked out in 14 seconds.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Makes me wonder if the Tank Abbott fight was fixed.

If by fixed you mean having Kimbo fight a washed up old man who hasn't won a fight in years, who's idea of training means drinking more booze, then yeah, it was fixed.
smiley36.gif

You don't have to 'fix' a fight when you sign up guys who have no interest in fighting anymore. They're just there to punch the clock and collect a paycheck - Cantrell and Abbot. When they match Kimbo up with guys who actually WANT to fight, he loses. Thompson was robbed and Seth KTFO Kimbo.

Bear Backer

Mentor
LOL at Kimbo. Did anyone get a little sick to their stomach hearing the play by play anouncer going on like this was the greatest upset in MMA history? The only great thing about was Kimbo being exposed yet again.