"Jordy-Jordy-Jordy"

backrow

Hall of Famer
jax, if it ever happens, we know that Morgan Freeman will perform as him, if he's still alive, that is
smiley2.gif
Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jordy Nelson had the best performance of any WR in the Super Bowl in 7 years. My hat is off to him!
smiley32.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
On a side note, every time someone brings up the legendary stories of Max McGee hard core drinking, and I am not talking about beer, the night before his SB, and his outstanding performance, always boggles my mind.

I used to drink the "hard stuff" and I know the hangovers it will give to a healthy 35 yr old, which I believe Max was. I am always blown away he was able to rise above it that Sunday.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mickey Mantle supposedly played with a lot of those kind of hangovers and managed to clout home runs, and lots of other pro athletes did the same as McGee, though probably not as many nowadays.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Oscar De Lay Hoya, said that his hard core drinking probably took away 5 years of his career at peak form, I believe it. Alcohol especially one that drinks everyday and the hard stuff, really deteriorates one in all facets of their physicality and performance.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I might buy that rag for once. Maybe they'll get the message if enough people do.

Westside

Hall of Famer
1st ESPN, now Sports Illustrated! It appears at least for the moment, White Men rule!I remember right after the 2003 SB, Joe Jurverchious(spelling?) was on the cover after the game.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Did you guys notice the magazine also shows a sumo and affelet downtrodden and beaten in the back ground.
smiley4.gif

Wow seeing that cover just gave me a really warm, fuzzy feeling.

Great to see our athletes succeeding on the World's Biggest Stage and proving wrong all the racists and doubters.

Hopefully the nearly universal success of white football players and teams in recent years is finally going influence teams to give a few more of our guys a chance. Hey, we might even see a majority white team in the near future. How sweet would it be if they won the Super Bowl?
smiley16.gif
Edited by: TorontoArgos

backrow

Hall of Famer
more good news for Jordy, basically a confirmation of what we all knew for a long time now: (rotoworld)

Nelson played more snaps than Jones
Jordy Nelson ended up playing 701 snaps in 2010, 52 more than James Jones.Nelson started off the season as the No. 4 receiver, but Jones' inconsistencies and the Packers' usage of four-wide sets made that just a title. After his magical playoff run, Nelson will enter 2011 as at least the No. 3 receiver and has room to move to No. 2 as Donald Driver continues his cliff dive. Feb 14, 9:14:00 AM

Donald Driver's 3.06 yards after the catch average in 2010 was his lowest mark since 2004.
It was also the lowest average among all the Packers' receivers last season. Driver was on the field for 803 snaps, second only to Greg Jennings, but was fourth in receiver yards with 734. As the Journal-Sentinel says, the Packers "will look to get younger" in the not-too-distant future. Jordy Nelson and James Jones will eat into Driver's snaps more and more next season.

James Jones has dropped 17 passes over the last two seasons.
Ugly drops have become a staple in Jones' game, costing him both snaps and targets. He stood idle as Jordy Nelson became a featured player throughout the Super Bowl run. The talent and athleticism is here with Jones, but the inconsistency has been going on for too long. If the impending free agent (based on the old CBA) is back in Green Bay, he'll be looking up at Nelson.

northwinds

Mentor
@Don Wassal: You will note that in "Jordy Nelson's Breakout Game" the commentators spend about as much time talking about his "drops" instead of the fact that he had one of the greatest receiving performances in SB history. Also, note that, in discussing Jordy's "drops" they show footage of every one of them (including the two he never put a finger on) and also Swain's "drop"......somehow they forgot to include the worst drop of the night which was James Jones'......you couldn't make this stuff up....LOL

snow

Mentor
Yes they did this because Jordy Nelson is a true number 1 receiver. Big, fast and physical and they are scared of that. They want us to think white receivers can only be slot receivers. Dwfs don't believe what they see, because they aren't paying attention, they buy into whatever the announcers are saying. He caught 60 percent of his targets in the Superbowl, which is around the league average for top wide receivers in the NFL, actually a little above considering guys like Fitzgerald caught around 50 percent this year, and not all of those were drops in the Superbowl. For the regular season he caught 70 percent of his targets, only a few other guys had that high, Danny Amendola had 69 percent, Wes Welker was at 70 percent, Austin Collie was at 81 percent, Jordan Shipley at 69 percent. People can claim its shorter routes, but slot receiver Devone Bess caught 63 percent of his passes and Ive seen Collie and go deep more than Bess, you can easily see that from the stats, the longest reception Bess had this year was 29 yards, Collie's is 73. For the entire playoffs Nelson caught 72 percent of his passes, 21 catches on 29 targets for 286 yards and 2 touchdowns for close to 14 yards per catch. Jennings had 7 targets in the Superbowl and caught 4. It shows Rodgers had more confidence in Nelson, even though Jennings is a good receiver. Driver is washed up and Jones is a 4th string receiver at best. Its obvious that Nelson should be starting on the opposite side of Jennings.
Swain looks to be better than Jones. Swain is a similar size as Jones, runs faster (I think a 4.4 at his pro day compared to Jones 4.59) and has better hands. Jones played at San Jose St and Swain played at San Diego St.
Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jordy returns home to Jordy Nelson Day in Riley County, Kansas. (video at the original article)

Jordy Nelson Returns Home

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) - From Riley County High School legend, to K-State walk-on turned star, to Super Bowl champion.

So goes the story of Jordy NelsonHYPERLINK \l "" and, Monday, everyone was invited to celebrate it. Riley County Commissioners declared Monday "Jordy Nelson Day."

Nelson, his wife Emily, son Royal and parents attended the Commission meeting to accept the honor. Nelson made a trip back home after winning the Super Bowl title as a member of the Green Bay Packers. The wide receiver caught a touchdown pass and set a team record for receiving yards in the title game, breaking the mark set by Max McGee in Super Bowl I.

Nelson received a plaque from Commissioners to commemorate the event.

Nelson spoke about his increased celebrity since the big game, saying his family thinks it's all a bit unreal, and thanked everyone for their support.
http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/Jordy_Nelson_Returns_Home_116175314.html

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
He named his son "Royal", why not "Jamal"?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
K State Royals...

That would explain why I named my son "Wolverine"
smiley2.gif

People naming their kids after things they are fond of is usually not a white thang.

REDNOSE

Guru
Just another example of a white receiver having to overcome the extreme odds of being a walk-on to making it in the NFL. How many black walk-ons are in the pros? This insanity is caste football's rallying cry that whites don't get the same opportunities to get college scholarships. It's amazing how many blind eyes their are in Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's America. I bet they would organize another million man march if the majority of black qb's in the pros weren't scholarship affeletes!