High Schoolers

Peyton Sommers a freshmen from Colorado has already ran a 10.90 100m. 21.51 200m. 48.38 400m. It seems he only ran the 100m twice and this was his first year competing.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I just discovered this girl on Stanford's website. She is a new recruit, who had an amazing season last year.

Cate Peters (Danville, Calif./Monte Vista HS)
Personal bests: 800 – 2:06.89; 400 – 54.72; 200 – 24.64; 100 – 12.06.
Bay Area native Cate Peters was the only high school female in the country this year to run under 25 seconds in the 200, 55 in the 400 and 2:07 in the 800. Her best 800 of 2:06.89 broke the Mt. SAC Relays high school record and placed No. 4 in her class nationally. Peters, the nation's No. 44 recruit by MileSplit, won 2022 East Bay Athletic League championships in the 100, 200, 400, and 800 – a first in league history. Peters was seventh in the NSAF Outdoor Nationals and eighth in the Brooks PR Invitational in the 800, and won the Sacramento Meet of Champions and Stanford Invitational in the 400. A broken leg suffered while playing high school soccer changed her athletic trajectory to track. She also is a competitive sailor.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I just discovered this girl on Stanford's website. She is a new recruit, who had an amazing season last year.

Cate Peters (Danville, Calif./Monte Vista HS)
Personal bests: 800 – 2:06.89; 400 – 54.72; 200 – 24.64; 100 – 12.06.
Bay Area native Cate Peters was the only high school female in the country this year to run under 25 seconds in the 200, 55 in the 400 and 2:07 in the 800. Her best 800 of 2:06.89 broke the Mt. SAC Relays high school record and placed No. 4 in her class nationally. Peters, the nation's No. 44 recruit by MileSplit, won 2022 East Bay Athletic League championships in the 100, 200, 400, and 800 – a first in league history. Peters was seventh in the NSAF Outdoor Nationals and eighth in the Brooks PR Invitational in the 800, and won the Sacramento Meet of Champions and Stanford Invitational in the 400. A broken leg suffered while playing high school soccer changed her athletic trajectory to track. She also is a competitive sailor.
What do you think her best event is based off of time? I don't know what to judge her on as if she was a fully mature adult these times would be more along US club level times or national level times for countries like Canada or say Germany. Thanks.

sprintstar

Mentor
none of her times stand out but if pushed I would think the 400m/800m's would be her best events, she might also be a good heptathlete as well depending on her size strength and ability in the field events.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
According to the bio, her 800m time was 4th best for among HS seniors in the country. So that's probably her best event.
But her versatility is remarkable - the "only high school female in the country this year to run under 25 seconds in the 200, 55 in the 400 and 2:07 in the 800."
She also won her 100, 200,400, and 800m races at her league championships.
So a very versatile runner. Reminiscent of Laura Roesler.
However, there are no medals for versatility, except in the heptathlon.

This doesn't mean much as the season 8s early bt 17 year old, Bastian Elnan Aursted leads the world right now in the 400 meters 22 23 indoor with a 47.02. That's right about where Jeremy Warner was at the same age though he will be 18 in mid January.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
This doesn't mean much as the season 8s early bt 17 year old, Bastian Elnan Aursted leads the world right now in the 400 meters 22 23 indoor with a 47.02. That's right about where Jeremy Warner was at the same age though he will be 18 in mid January.
He's Norwegian. Norwegians and Scots are killing it on the track these days.
It seems his main event is the 400m Hurdles, probably inspired by Warholm.
But based on this time, he should give more consideration to running the 400m flat.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't know if we've mentioned this kid before; but 17 yr old Sebastian Sultana of Australia, is now the fastest under-18 Australian in history. His record setting time was 10.27, and he just ran a windy 10.20 this weekend.
Here's more information about him:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't know if we've mentioned this kid before; but 17 yr old Sebastian Sultana of Australia, is now the fastest under-18 Australian in history. His record setting time was 10.27, and he just ran a windy 10.20 this weekend.
Here's more information about him:

Great find jacknyc. Yes we have mentioned him here before in a couple of messages. Mastermulti was the first poster to bring him up. We
are all a family here so we all chip in. I was impressed by how in depth the article, pictures and videos were. Yes he should have a very bright
future. Amazing to think that none of the fastest Australian Sprinters of all time have ever come even close to Sultans times as a 17 yerar old.
Let's hope he doesn't fade out like Jack Hale. I still haven't given up all the way on Hale but to say he has underperformed is a understatement. Maybe somehow he finally finds his form of 3 or 4 yearrs ago in 2023.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here's a 13 yr old Aussie who is tearing it up against older kids - Max Marshall.

booth

Mentor
Brody Buffington has the fastest time in the 55 meters this year 6.28. He also won 5 events in the 1A state championships in Maryland.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brody Buffington who is a high school junior has been clocked at over 23mph. He is only 16 and just starting out his career. Wow
what a find this kid is. Thanks for the video booth. Check out this great article on him.

booth

Mentor
Brody Buffington who is a high school junior has been clocked at over 23mph. He is only 16 and just starting out his career. Wow
what a find this kid is. Thanks for the video booth. Check out this great article on him.

WL there is an excellent site called Athletic net that has all the fastest times in each state. It has girls' and boys' time by classes like 6a,5a,4a, and on down to 1a. You do have to sign in but it's worth it. You might already know about this site.

booth

Mentor

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cameron Myers, a 16-year-old from Australia, barely missed the age group world record in his opening 1500m of the season. what an amazing showing!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Andre Korbmacher has the best time in the country this year in the 60 meter hurdlers. He also has the best time for the 110 meter hurdlers at 13.44.

I'm so happy to see so many young white boys and girl across the country start to have some success in track. It's ironic that as our country
falls into decay our young men & women are really starting to shine. The saying goes that good times build weak men but tough times
build strong men. Hopefully the future will be bright with the youth starting to rise up and believe in themselves again.

I must say the Andre Korbmacher has elite talent and Florida State is getting another emerging superstar. I look forward to his college
career. What an incredible hurdler!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I'm so happy to see so many young white boys and girl across the country start to have some success in track. It's ironic that as our country
falls into decay our young men & women are really starting to shine. The saying goes that good times build weak men but tough times
build strong men. Hopefully the future will be bright with the youth starting to rise up and believe in themselves again.

I must say the Andre Korbmacher has elite talent and Florida State is getting another emerging superstar. I look forward to his college
career. What an incredible hurdler!
Following trey Cunningham maybe creates a trend?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Following trey Cunningham maybe creates a trend?
Yes sir. Trey Cunningham is amazing and I'm hoping Matthew Boling and Abby Steiner also pushed more white kids into track and
especially into the sprints or hurdles where whites are always told they can't compete! All lies and anti white stereotypes!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pederson, picks up where she left off last year, running a 22.89 in the 200m, which is new National indoor HS record!
That puts her ahead of Bianca Knight, Allyson Felix, and Sonya Richards.
Incredible!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pederson, picks up where she left off last year, running a 22.89 in the 200m, which is new National indoor HS record!
That puts her ahead of Bianca Knight, Allyson Felix, and Sonya Richards.
Incredible!
She is amazing. She is built so powerfully even at a young age. I'm so happy for Mia! This is epic!

Hey jacknyc. I can't find the 2023 Boys 60 meter dash from today. Can you post it if you see it? Brody Buffington
was amazing as always!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Brody also finished 3rd in the boys 300m at Millrose. So he has speed endurance, as well as short, explosive speed.
If I can find either video, I will post them.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Will Floyd of Seattle and Canada, ran a nation leading time of 46.81 in the 400m this weekend.