High Schoolers

sprintstar

Mentor
smart sensible girl for 17 years old.......most girls her age are drining, doing drugs, getting fat and sleeping around...she is gonna be a powerhouse in the next few years......as is Anna Pierce. I hope do not end up like Hannah Cunliffe.....

Hopefully more white kids get inspired and start taking up track. I do think these next few years track will start becoming more and more white

I have been going through 60m times state by state and it seems like very few high schoolers run it and even fewer white high schoolers

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brody Buffington in the Maryland State Championships one week ago. Look at this kid destroy everyone!

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid is 6'3 and over 200lbs. Brody Buffington on the football field would be a nightmare for defenses. That being
said please let this kid stay in track. The sprints needs more Boling types.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Brody Buffington in the Maryland State Championships one week ago. Look at this kid destroy everyone!

mqdefault.jpg
Seems to me from the video posted that the culture of track and field at the high school level in Maryland is very much vibrant. Makes what this kid is doing even that much more amazing.

It’s not easy to go into an athletic competition where you are one of the the few whites and dominate it. Imagine if more kids had the belief that Brody did or Boling?

I believe our very own Arkansas Jimmy Chitwood pointed out that states like Florida with four to five times the white population of some smaller states often have fewer white kids running elite times in sprint events. No doubt this is most of the reason why.

I’m not 100 percent saying it’s nurture over nature but if you don’t feel like dealing w ‘hood culture (and many white kids dont) they simply won’t bother. Who the hell wants to sit at a meet all day surrounded by nothing but vibrancy? I know I sure don’t.

booth

Mentor
In his heat this morning Buffington ran a 6.64. It was the third fastest time of the prelims. He really looked like he was in cruise control. He has some very stiff competition from a sprinter named Issam Asingga from Montverde Academy who ran a national record of 6.57.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In his heat this morning Buffington ran a 6.64. It was the third fastest time of the prelims. He really looked like he was in cruise control. He has some very stiff competition from a sprinter named Issam Asingga from Montverde Academy who ran a national record of 6.57.

Brody Bufffington followed that up taking the 2nd fastest time of the day in the 200 meters running a 20.98! So he will be in the semifinals
of both the 60 and the 200 meters tommorow afternoon. This kid is amazing! good luck to him.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That 6.57 ties him with Casey Combest from many decades ago for the High School National Record. Here is the race where Casey
Combest won and the clock was adjusted 6.57!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brody Buffington came up just short from winning the 2023 New Balance Nationals against the best high school sprinters in America.

He finished 2nd in the 60 running a time of 6.64 for the second time this year. He then followed it up by a 2nd place in the 200 meters.
The kid ran 4 races against the best sprinters in the U.S. and he proved he belonged there. Two silver medals is awesome! Congrats to him!

iNf5b3QfFY0eqZ0YdrpL5ah7CUxw_BlgyYU2LcduIsiPnEmI14hqh3Y85jVlJo7BmeIY7x8C=w2560-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-k-c0xffffffff-no-nd-rj

booth

Mentor
Brody Buffington came up just short from winning the 2023 New Balance Nationals against the best high school sprinters in America.

He finished 2nd in the 60 running a time of 6.64 for the second time this year. He then followed it up by a 2nd place in the 200 meters.
The kid ran 4 races against the best sprinters in the U.S. and he proved he belonged there. Two silver medals is awesome! Congrats to him!

iNf5b3QfFY0eqZ0YdrpL5ah7CUxw_BlgyYU2LcduIsiPnEmI14hqh3Y85jVlJo7BmeIY7x8C=w2560-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-k-c0xffffffff-no-nd-rj
White Lightning, Buffington ran a 20.71 and Tyler Floyd ran a 21.03 to finish in third place. Two out of three is a great showing for our guys. I think Floyd needs to be watched as he is just a thinner version of Buffington.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
White Lightning, Buffington ran a 20.71 and Tyler Floyd ran a 21.03 to finish in third place. Two out of three is a great showing for our guys. I think Floyd needs to be watched as he is just a thinner version of Buffington.

Yes brother. My bad for not posting that. Thanks for the update. Any idea what college this kids will end up at? Both are sensational talents!

Brody Buffington reminds me of a former University of Nebraska Sprinter named Dusty Stamer. He was very good back in the day!

booth

Mentor
I would love to see them go to a powerhouse track school like Oregon or Arkansas. I know they would get the best training at these schools.