High Schoolers

There is a junior named Jack Gillogly from Nebraska. 100m 10.62. 200m 21.33m. I would expect him to have better times next year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Andrew Bond committed to Nebraska. 60m 6.76 100m 10.34 200m 21.37
This kid is amazing. I think he will bring back memories of Dusty Stamer at Nebraska! Other than the weather it's a good
choice. Of course our kids get so few offers they have to jump at the first good scholarshp most of the time.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Interesting especially that he came from South Carolina. Wouldn’t have thought the conditions would be good there for young white sorinters. Good for him, that is blazing fast

sprintstar

Mentor
watched(on TV) Tyler Floyd from Canada compete at the World U20 where he placed 4th in the 400m....he's gonna be a good one.

Interesting especially that he came from South Carolina. Wouldn’t have thought the conditions would be good there for young white sorinters. Good for him, that is blazing fast
Here is another one to come out of the South this time a freshman from virgina in Jeb Moon. He already has a 100m of 10.78 and 200m of 21.99.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is another one to come out of the South this time a freshman from virgina in Jeb Moon. He already has a 100m of 10.78 and 200m of 21.99.
We should call his nickname Jeb Moon "Rocket" as he blasts off out of the starting blocks. Not very often you see a freshman in high
school run that fast. That time is blazing!:ole:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure what you mean by conditions not being good for young white sprinters in SC? Can you explain?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure what you mean by conditions not being good for young white sprinters in SC? Can you explain?
unless i’m mistaken, SneakyQuick was referring to the demographics of the state.

generally speaking, areas with large numbers of blacks rarely produce White track talents due to the associated factors. whereas it is much more likely for elite White sprinters to come from mostly White areas, even if they’re much smaller populations (such as Idaho, Kansas, Iowa, etc.).

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
unless i’m mistaken, SneakyQuick was referring to the demographics of the state.

generally speaking, areas with large numbers of blacks rarely produce White track talents due to the associated factors. whereas it is much more likely for elite White sprinters to come from mostly White areas, even if they’re much smaller populations (such as Idaho, Kansas, Iowa, etc.).
SC is 66% white and 26% black. Lots more whites in SC than blacks.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
SC is 66% white and 26% black. Lots more whites in SC than blacks.
yes, sir. but the national number is around 13% if memory serves.

at any rate, the point is anywhere that has significant numbers of blacks generally slot/type cast athletics based on racial profiling, with blacks usually going into “black events” such as sprinting whereas Whites get pushed into their racially appropriate spots.

this has been documented for years, and i even made several posts using anecdotal evidence a while back showcasing the fact that low population White states such as Idaho produce more sub-11-second 100-meter White high school sprinters in a given year than huge population states like Florida despite the MUCH higher number of White athletes in the larger states. now, obviously, there are a ton of fast White kids in the bigger states, but they’re frequently (and disproportionately) getting pushed away from the sprinting events.

it takes a special individual/athlete (and his supporters) to overcome this challenge. he or she must be blessed with incredible strength of mind, confidence, and (of course) talent to ignore the bias and push themselves to reach their full potential despite the bias in the system.

Thousand Okie

Jimmy Chitwood is absolutely right about the many obstacles put in the way of whites becoming sprinters, especially in areas with significant black populations. I'd like to add one additional point I know has been discussed here before: As a general rule blacks mature physically earlier than whites, probably a good 1-2 years earlier. I recall many blacks who were nearly as fast as they ever were going to be in the 10th grade and a few in the 9th grade. The same was true of white man-boy types who were fully grown and had beards to shave in the 9th grade. What this meant was white sprinters, except for a few man-boy types, were blown off the track at ages 13 or 14. However, these same white sprinters, if allowed to develop, were nearly as fast or as fast or even faster than the black sprinters as seniors in high school who had blown them off the track 3 or 4 years earlier. I think this is a significant factor in the phenomenon of areas of the United States with small but largely white populations producing white sprinters. This also was true of Europe until the last couple of decades.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood is absolutely right about the many obstacles put in the way of whites becoming sprinters, especially in areas with significant black populations. I'd like to add one additional point I know has been discussed here before: As a general rule blacks mature physically earlier than whites, probably a good 1-2 years earlier. I recall many blacks who were nearly as fast as they ever were going to be in the 10th grade and a few in the 9th grade. The same was true of white man-boy types who were fully grown and had beards to shave in the 9th grade. What this meant was white sprinters, except for a few man-boy types, were blown off the track at ages 13 or 14. However, these same white sprinters, if allowed to develop, were nearly as fast or as fast or even faster than the black sprinters as seniors in high school who had blown them off the track 3 or 4 years earlier. I think this is a significant factor in the phenomenon of areas of the United States with small but largely white populations producing white sprinters. This also was true of Europe until the last couple of decades.
I have to respectfully disagree to a point. I believe I am the only CF football member who has put a white son through the athletic/recruiting process. So, I know first hand about the caste system. I have pointed out many times how it affected my son in the football recruiting process, however when it came to individual sports such as wrestling and track, I never saw the obstacles as in football. My son started running track at age 10. He was pretty fast naturally, but he began training with two AAU coaches. One black and one white. The black coach trained him most of the time. After 1 year of training my son became the NC AAU U12 100M NC state champion. Beating the black coach's son who was the defending NC state champion the previous year. He was very fair and replaced his son with my son on the anchor leg of the 4 x 100 team. We never experienced any issues in T & F. BTW, NC racial demographics are close to SC.
The problem lies with the participation of the white sprinters. When we went to the AAU track meets, the participants were 90% black. No one is stopping white kids from participating. My son did it and became a very good sprinter, which he gave up to concentrate on football. This may hurt some here, but I think a lot of white parents and white kids are too intimidated by blacks. My son thanks me every Father's Day for putting him in positions to succeed or fail. It has taken him a long way in his profession as life goes on long after you've been on the athletic fields.
If you want something, you've got to take it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
everything you said makes sense, but the quoted portion above is what i think really hits the nail on the head.

the only portion i'd take any issue with is that you don’t take enough credit, in my mind at any rate, for 1) your son being the athlete with special strength of mind and talent that i mentioned, and 2) you and his black coach being the unusual special support system. sadly, too many White athletes and their families don’t have that determination to succeed. they need the mindset you mentioned: i want it, so i’m gonna go get it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to respectfully disagree to a point. I believe I am the only CF football member who has put a white son through the athletic/recruiting process. So, I know first hand about the caste system. I have pointed out many times how it affected my son in the football recruiting process, however when it came to individual sports such as wrestling and track, I never saw the obstacles as in football. My son started running track at age 10. He was pretty fast naturally, but he began training with two AAU coaches. One black and one white. The black coach trained him most of the time. After 1 year of training my son became the NC AAU U12 100M NC state champion. Beating the black coach's son who was the defending NC state champion the previous year. He was very fair and replaced his son with my son on the anchor leg of the 4 x 100 team. We never experienced any issues in T & F. BTW, NC racial demographics are close to SC.
The problem lies with the participation of the white sprinters. When we went to the AAU track meets, the participants were 90% black. No one is stopping white kids from participating. My son did it and became a very good sprinter, which he gave up to concentrate on football. This may hurt some here, but I think a lot of white parents and white kids are too intimidated by blacks. My son thanks me every Father's Day for putting him in positions to succeed or fail. It has taken him a long way in his profession as life goes on long after you've been on the athletic fields.

This truely is a fascinating story to read. What a great father you were and then having 2 additional coach's. Your son was in a very loving
and supporting evironment. The thing is so many families are divorced these days with usually the single mom left to raise the kids the majority of the time. Then the kid ends up being more feminine as he is so close to his mom and takes after her. I think every word you said is true but the father has to be there one and two he has to be a stong alpha male type father passing on those things to his son as much as possible. Not every boy has to be an alpha male nor could they. It's all about personalities but you have to at least be a delta type. Too many gamma boys but many of them have been indoctinated with anti white propaganda since youth and they come from broken families.

I love track becasuse the clock(stop watch) doesn't lie. It's harder to keep a kid out of sprinting if he beats other kids of every ethnicity. it to
be is one of rhe purest most natural sports as are many of the events in track. One other problem that many coach's don't perceive. Whites
in general in study after study hit puberty later than blacks and they also slowly develop their bodies a little later. So a black has a huge advantage from about 10 - 14 & maybe even a little longer. Whites will then mature and catch up. The problem is many young black kids
look like litle men from a very young age. This adds to the mental, social and emotional programing to make more kids and parents believe the lies. I do think white kids have alot higher chance to succeed in any sport including track in a white state. It can be done anywhere but takes a special father along with the right coach's. Your son truely was special as he was fast early on. Amazing to hear his story. Thank you.

While I agree with most of everything said in these last few post. I think there are many reasons why some of our athletes might not be well represented in some states/countries. Including getting forced into other events as sprintstar has noted happens in Canada and im sure happens all over America and probably Europe. Or even coaches not wanting the kid to do sprints like what happened to Matthew Boling in high school as WL has noted. To a lack of a strong father figure in their household to lack of backbone on behalf of the kids parents. To being intimidated. Not thinking they can do it even though they can. Etc. One big factor I have noticed is lack of overall participation be it AAU meets, Usatf meets etc. Especially in southern states. And especially while young in most states. Also wrestling is a great sport that will give your kids confidence, backbone and discipline plus helps in all other athletics for multiple reasons. I recommend encouraging family members to try out wrestling if given the chance.

I do believe that these next few years more and more whites will break through since overall whites seem to be participating more and more especially in states where TF didn't start getting popular until the last few years. Like Idaho, the Dakotas etc. We have many talented kids out there

Here is one to keep an eye on. Sutton Flint from Washington. At the Nike Outdoor Nationals age 13-14 he came second in the 100m, 200m, and 400m. At the USATF Junior Olympics he came 1st 100m hurdles and 4th at 200m hurdles ages 13-14. 100m 11.50, 200m 23.08, 400m 51.74. 100mh 13.33, 200mh 25.27.

Brian Raats from South Africa with the highest U20 high jump this season. 18 years old. World U20 Silver Medalist. 2.26m

Last edited:
Armand van der Walt from South Africa 17 years old with a 10.44 100m. He only ran the 200m 2 times this year sadly both with illegal tailwind 21.15 with 2.2 and 21.14 2.7 tailwind. His best legal tailwind 200 time is 21.89. Which he ran in 2021. I assume he would have ran a faster 200m legal time this year. If he didn't run it only twice. Especially since he heavily improved upon his 2021 and 2022 100m times.