Danny Woodhead

dwid

Hall of Famer
When a guy has so much "upside" but you can't find out a role for him...that is not good. Woodhead has more athletic ability and probably weighs more than McKnight, who is taller but looks like a pencil. Danny can play runningback, wide receiver and is a great special teams player as well. He could probably play corner as well, 5'7 3/4th isn't too short. Jason David played corner and was okay in the Colt's scheme and he was generously listed at 5'8, but I met him and my cousin was taller than him (she is 5'8).

Why isn't McKnight playing runningback? LT at this age and Shonn Greene both have no homerun ability. Last year both had a long of 23 yards with huge gaping holes. That was his only run 20 yards or longer, this is on 185 carries. Both Greene and LT are struggling this year LT at 3.3 ypc and Greene at 3.4.

The Hock

Master
No matter how well a white player is outperforming a black player at the moment, the black player is almost always said to have a "higher ceiling" than the white player. I wish these corporate clone coaches would just listen to themselves sometimes.

But we're on to them.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
[h=1]Rex says he made right call in cutting Woodhead[/h]
Recommend
comment.png
Comments(0)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print

RSS

October 8, 2011, 9:06 am
curran_insider_bylines.png

Last season, after a pitiful offensive performance in their season opener, the Jets re-signed wide receiver David Clowney. To make room for him, they released Danny Woodhead.The Patriots snapped Woodhead up and he went on to be a key player in New England's 14-2 season.
On Friday, Ryan tried to spin that regrettable decision by saying that the running back they kept instead of Woodhead - Joe McKnight - will ultimately be a better player than Woodhead.
"Quite honestly, there's a reason we kept him instead of Danny Woodhead," Ryan told the New York media on Friday. "Danny Woodhead's a great back and done great things in New England, but [McKnight's] ceiling is about as high as it gets."
In the next breath, Ryan suggested that - while McKnight's ceiling is high - the Jets don't even know which room to put him in.
"I think he's got a chance to be one heck of a player," Ryan said. "It may be as a corner, but he can play."
McKnight, a second-year player from USC whom New York took with a fourth-round pick, has carried 6 times for 14 yards this season, and 45 times for 203 yards in his career.
Woodhead - undrafted and signed by the Jets in 2009 - accounted for 926 yards from scrimmage and six touchdowns in 2010. He's got 32 touches for 156 yards so far this year.
McKnight scored his first NFL touchdown last week against the Ravens on a 107-yard kickoff return. He also has a blocked punt for the Jets this week. Good special teams player.
And Clowney, the guy that Woodhead was released to make room for? He had one catch for the Jets last year after they brought him back.

One year ago, “Upside Joe†was vomiting on the field during practice (I’m not kidding), couldn’t pass an easy team conditioning test (I’m still not kidding), and constantly fumbled and dropped passes in all of the Jets’ pre-season games.

It’ll be satisfying to watch Buddy…er, um, Rex Ryan squirm as McKnight fails year after year. It would extra-sweet if the Patriots make the Superbowl this season and Woodhead is named the game’s MVP.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thrashen I love your posts man. You have a gift for summing it up best when it comes to these caste clowns. I'm not surprised at all about McKnight, who I'm sure hit the L.A. party circuit hard(Reggie Bush as well). Woodhead has been nicked up so far this year so that's a very bold and dumb statement by Ryan. I'm just hoping for Danny to make some electric plays in the second half of the season and in the playoffs.

**BTW MArk Sanchez sucks.

JReb1

Mentor
Has BB been asked or explained why Woodhead has been demoted after having so much success last year? What was the point in giving DW an extension?

Danny lit a fire under the Pats offense last year when he joined the team and would do the same thing this year if he can get on the field. The Pats need another explosive play-maker (especially at the RB position) to complement Welker and Gronk! A 35 year old broken down RB like Faulk just doesn't posses this ability anymore.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I haven't heard why but if they want to continue winning games they will have to feature him. Branch isn't doing anything to open stuff up. Faulk isn't much of a threat so they just leave the middle open if its just him. If Woodhead is in the game you have to account where he is all of the time because one play could go the distance. They should at least be using him the way the Saints use Darren Sproles, and Sproles has been sharing time with Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram (now that Ingram is out its Chris Ivory). If they want to putting up a ton of points then they need to use him, the defense isn't going to stop teams so they will have to get the offense rolling.

Apparently Patriots fans are more concerned with getting Ridley more snaps than Woodhead, despite Woodhead being a much more explosive player.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This writer eagerly prompts Woodhead to play his racial role of humble and happy team player in spite of a lesser player taking his place and Danny complies.

Danny Woodhead Comfortable With Limited Role in Kevin Faulk's Return to Patriots

by Jeff Howe on Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:40PM

FOXBORO, Mass. -- Running back Danny Woodhead is coming off the first game of his New England career without an offensive touch, but he's got no issues with his role on the team.

Maybe not by coincidence, it was also the first time he was on the field at the same time as teammate Kevin Faulk, who returned Sunday after a 13-month absence with a knee injury. Faulk led the Patriots in rushing and total touches (six receptions, five rushes), while Woodhead's role was extremely limited. It was the first time he didn't get a single carry since hooking up with New England.

"I'm the ultimate team [player]," Woodhead said. "I want to win the game. That's the most important thing, and whatever we can do to win the game is most important."

Woodhead signed with the Patriots on Sept. 18, 2010, one day before their Week 2 loss to the Jets, when Faulk suffered a torn ACL. Without Faulk, Woodhead became the Patriots' primary backfield option in the passing game, and he eventually proved to be an excellent change-of-pace back to complement BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

But Sunday was the first true indication that Woodhead's snaps will be limited with Faulk back in the mix. And while many players say the right thing when they allude to the team-first mantra, Woodhead genuinely means it. [How does he know this? Is he a mind reader? DW] He's excited to work with Faulk because he knows the team is better with him actively involved.

"He's a great teammate, and he's obviously a great player, also," Woodhead said. "He's a great person to be around."

Then, in typical fashion, Woodhead answered one more question before darting out of the locker room.

"I'm feeling good," Woodhead said, "just looking forward to going out to practice right now."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/danny-w...-role-in-kevin-faulks-return-to-patriots.html

Just once, I'd like to see a white RB/WR/DB stand up and say "I don't understand! I'm younger, faster, stronger, shiftier. I should be getting the plays!"

bigunreal

Mentor
Again, it's really hard to root for any of these guys, when they have such a submissive, defeatist attitude. WHY would Woodhead be comfortable with seeing his offensive role disappear, because a washed up, incredibly slow veteran had to be given his job back?

To those of you who made such rosy predictions about what Woodhead's stats would be this season, I have to say that even I didn't anticipate that he'd take a back seat to Faulk, whom everyone thought would simply retire. I believed that his touches would be taken by the two rookies BB inexplicably wasted high draft picks on.

I also read online where Tedy Bruschi stated that if Tom Brady trusted Woodhead more than Faulk, he'd be playing. So, once again, a star white player fails to see stand up for a white player who is SO much better in EVERY way than an aging black player. What more did Woodhead have to do in order for Brady to "trust" him?

Woodhead is now where BB wants him- returning kicks and an all around special teams demon. No coach devoted to putting the best product on the field would bench such a dynamic playmaker.

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
Woodhead is now where BB wants him- returning kicks and an all around special teams demon. No coach devoted to putting the best product on the field would bench such a dynamic playmaker.

And the perpetual DWF answer to that is "are you crazy? Of course he wants to win. He's not going to bench him if he thinks it's bad for team." And then they send there kids off to a school full of diversity with diverse-looking teachers and a black superintendent. They go to their job working alongside lazy affirmative action hires and follow the orders of their incompetent but diverse looking boss. When they go to their diverse-looking doctor who speaks poor English they wonder if they should really get that operation - from him anyway. I guess we are supposed to believe the NFL workplace is different than schools, our job site, or even the doctor's office. The best product is not on the field and everybody knows it including Billy Belichek, but just like everybody else he just goes along with what has become the status quo and pretends that Faulk is better - just like everybody else pretends and goes through the motions in our daily life in this culture of deceit.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
bigunreal and Kaptain, I really enjoyed those posts. How sad but true.

The NFL is just a reflection, or maybe a parallel, to our sick society. Until we change our ways as a nation we really can't expect much from professional sports leagues. Just look at the current USMNT in soccer if you want another revolting example.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Look, nobody in the NFL thinks they are an anti-white racist douche bag, they rationalize it in some other way. The trick is to try and imagine what the hell is going through Belichick's mind when he does stupid stuff like this. I can guarentee you he's not thinking "yeah let me screw the white kid".

My take on it is that Belichick is a big ego guy that wants to show everybody that it is his "system" that wins and not just the players they get. That is why he grabs cast-offs and former problem guys and is able to win with them. Wes Welker was cast off by division rival Miami, and Woodhead was cast off by division rival NY and I bet it just gets Bill wet thinking about how he grabbed two tiny White nobodies from his main rivals and plugged them into his system and made them work.

He doesn't care if they are White black or grey, just that he can take them when nobody else will and win. Randy Moss and Kevin Faulk are two more examples of guys that he picked up and turned into useful pieces for his system.

So I don't think Belichick is in any way racially aware of what he is doing, it is merely by accident that an occasional White guy will appear to fit somewhere in his system so he grabs him up and proves that he can make the guy work. Then he goes on and starts an old used up black guy just to show he can beat one of the better teams with lesser players. Sometimes it doesn't work.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Belichick is "white-friendly" or "anti-white" he is neither. He only makes moves that will stroke his ego and sometimes that is an advantage to White players because they are so often under valued. Otherwise he has the exact same thinking along caste lines as every other coach in the NFL. The Patriots are only more White because Belichick is a bit eccentric and on offense at least knows he needs high IQ guys to run his "system".

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I also read online where Tedy Bruschi stated that if Tom Brady trusted Woodhead more than Faulk, he'd be playing. So, once again, a star white player fails to see stand up for a white player who is SO much better in EVERY way than an aging black player. What more did Woodhead have to do in order for Brady to "trust" him?

Nice post, as awalys.

“Tedy Bitchi” failed to support a white player, even one as irrefutably-dynamic as Danny Woodhead? This simply cannot be.

Tedy, the same (allegedly) white linebacker who “accidentally” drove the crown of his helmet violently into the right knee of once-promising Giants’ running back, Sean Bennett (4[SUP]th[/SUP] round pick out of Northwestern) during the 1999 season, essentially ending his NFL career?

be_1.JPG

*I could envision Tedy-The-Wigger giggling, flashing his trademark “evil grin,” and slapping hands with his chocolate-flavored defensive “homies” after administering the “coup de grâce” to Bennett’s NFL career.

Tedy, the same (allegedly) white cheater that nearly killed himself (via stroke, internal bleeding, heart damage, etc) from abusing HGH and steroids?

Tedy, the same surly, annoying, arrogant, (allegedly) white ESPN analyst and notorious anti-white Caste Zealot journalist?

Tedy, the same (allegedly) white man who, if the lights were switched off and he was conversing normally, might easily be mistaken for a Negro?

A photo of the little bug-eyed, Filipino bastard “amongst his people”…
6a0115709f071f970b0120a5540285970b-400wi

That Tedy? Yeah, I can certainly believe that he uttered those senseless words.

And the perpetual DWF answer to that is "are you crazy? Of course he wants to win. He's not going to bench him if he thinks it's bad for team." And then they send there kids off to a school full a diversity with diverse-looking teachers and a black superintendent. They go to their job working alongside lazy affirmative action hires and follow the orders of their incompetent but diverse looking boss. When they go to their diverse-looking doctor who speaks poor English they wonder if they should really get that operation - from him anyway. I guess we are supposed to believe the NFL workplace is different than schools, our job site, or even the doctor's office. The best product is not on the field and everybody knows it including Billy Belichek, but just like everybody else he just goes along with what has become the status qua and pretends that Faulk is better - just like everybody else pretends and goes through the motions in our daily life in this culture of deceit.

Another fine post. It’s nice to have you back posting on a regular basis.

Last edited:

wile

Master
Torquemada was a jew who took extra pains to inflict torture on jews to prove his loyalty, and lets face it the white athletes who take a job in media are low life POS. Maybe some exceptions, but that is it in a nutshell, they are disturbed individuals.

Still the Caste System is not invincible, because it is a lie.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Torquemada was a jew who took extra pains to inflict torture on jews to prove his loyalty, and lets face it the white athletes who take a job in media are low life POS. Maybe some exceptions, but that is it in a nutshell, they are disturbed individuals.

Still the Caste System is not invincible, because it is a lie.

It's interesting how many of these guys played "taboo" positions in the NFL -- Sehorn, Collinsworth, Hoge, Waddle, Lynch, Siragusa -- or were screwed over -- ultra-WSTD Tasker (could have been a great receiver), ultra-human bowling ball Moose Johnston (had excellent running skills), Heath Evans (also had excellent running skills), Eric Crouch.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I hope Bellicheck is smart this upcoming week. This should be Woodhead's best performance of the season. Rex Ryan doesn't like Wes Welker because of the foot comments and Revis will not want to give up any yards, but they will probably double him all day long (also to blame someone else when Welker gets a big gain). You have to double Gronkowski as well if you don't want him to move the chains which leaves openings for Woodhead, who hasn't been used that much all this season, and Rex seems to hate him the most, and Im pretty sure Bellicheck doesn't like Ryan so beating him with Woodhead getting a significant amount of yards is icing on the cake.

Last week Bellicheck finally used Woodhead more and it opened up things for Welker who had a few quiet games before that.

This week I am hoping for a big game from Woodhead and Welker. He has the weapons, you can't stop all 3, he should have been using him all year. NOBODY covers Ridley in the flat, same with Lawfirm. Woodhead usually occupies at least a linebacker.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
I hope Bellicheck is smart this upcoming week. This should be Woodhead's best performance of the season. Rex Ryan doesn't like Wes Welker because of the foot comments and Revis will not want to give up any yards, but they will probably double him all day long (also to blame someone else when Welker gets a big gain). You have to double Gronkowski as well if you don't want him to move the chains which leaves openings for Woodhead, who hasn't been used that much all this season, and Rex seems to hate him the most, and Im pretty sure Bellicheck doesn't like Ryan so beating him with Woodhead getting a significant amount of yards is icing on the cake.

Last week Bellicheck finally used Woodhead more and it opened up things for Welker who had a few quiet games before that.

This week I am hoping for a big game from Woodhead and Welker. He has the weapons, you can't stop all 3, he should have been using him all year. NOBODY covers Ridley in the flat, same with Lawfirm. Woodhead usually occupies at least a linebacker.

Grandpa Faulk will be back in action. He's been in the news acting like a team leader totally expecting to be a major contributor against the Jets. This is terrible news for Woodhead.

dwid

Hall of Famer
He can be a cheerleader all he wants but he has been limited with a knee injury the entire week. Lawfirm was limited today with a toe injury. Ridley isn't being mentioned so Woodhead will have to get some touches regardless.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Again, it's really hard to root for any of these guys, when they have such a submissive, defeatist attitude. WHY would Woodhead be comfortable with seeing his offensive role disappear, because a washed up, incredibly slow veteran had to be given his job back?

To those of you who made such rosy predictions about what Woodhead's stats would be this season, I have to say that even I didn't anticipate that he'd take a back seat to Faulk, whom everyone thought would simply retire. I believed that his touches would be taken by the two rookies BB inexplicably wasted high draft picks on.

I confess Bigunreal, I at times find your posts intrigueing. But a person of your intelletct should know that the castesystem flourishes to a large extent by the submissive attitude or role they gladly play. At least most of them.

wile

Master
Maybe BB is smart enough to know that to pacify the black clown crew (BCC) he has to play old slowman because his "leadership" skill set is "magical." Old slow man blows them a game and suddenly the BCC got what they asked for and then go back to picking cotton fo massa.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yah, Ben Vereen and his 3.8 YPC. Vereen isn't horrible, but he's nothing special, either. Just your average, ordinary black scrub RB that is a dime-a-dozen. For those who are curious and don't want to bother clicking over to the link that wile offered, here is what riled him:

Catch ‘em while you can (fantasy free agent pick)
Shane Vereen, RB, Patriots. Looking for a tailback to stash away on your bench for your postseason run? Consider Vereen, who is slowly working his way into New England’s backfield rotation. The rookie is arguably the most talented back on the team, and he could emerge from obscurity next weekend against the woeful Colts.

In case some were wondering, Vereen ran a 4.5 40, a 4.28 short shuttle and a 6.95 3-cone, with a 34" vertical and 9'7" broad jump at the combine. Woodhead ran a 4.38 40, 4.20 short shuttle, 7.03 3-cone, 38" vertical and 10'01" broad jump. Those numbers are wonderful and all that, but on the field Danny is far quicker, faster, and more fluid. Much of that because of his extensive college playing time, while Vereen mostly just backed up Jahvid Best.