Cole Beasley

Truthteller

Mentor
Video shows that Cole Beasley might be the Dallas Cowboys’ most athletic player

jmachota@dallasnews.com

It’s pretty obvious that Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Cole Beasley is athletic. I mean, he’s 5-8 and 180 pounds and he received playing time from an NFL team as an undrafted rookie free agent.

But some recent video of the former SMU standout on the basketball court shows he’s maybe more athletic than many had previously thought. The 33-second video below shows the 24-year-old throwing down a pair of dunks, including one reverse windmill.

Not bad for the shortest guy on the Cowboys roster. Heck, not bad for an NBA player. Have a look for yourself.

[video=youtube;zAiXuptvlzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zAiXuptvlzM[/video]

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-throws-down-a-pair-of-impressive-dunks.html/

I've seen this video all around the Net, including at nfl.com. If Beasley is officially "listed" at 5'8", there is a pretty good chance he's even shorter than that. Likely 5'7", perhaps even a shade smaller? Which makes this video of him dunking basketball's, Spud Webb style, even more amazing!

Too bad he's still regarded as a "bubble player" for the Cowboys. Good news for him, is Welker and Amendola were once considered "bubble players" and have gone on to be highly paid NFL stars.

Another negative, is if Beasley does solidify a roster spot, it could very well spell the end for very talented, ex-draft pick Danny Coale, who missed last season due to lingering injuries.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
He just signed 4year 15million extension with Cowboys!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cole has the best chance this season to defy the odds against White receivers in the Caste NFL and become a star. Check out what this Cowboys beat writer wrote:

Question: Star receivers work best when there’s a second legit decoy option. Can Witten or Beasley still fill that void?

Bob Sturm: I think that Cole Beasley has a chance to make a run at 80-100 catches this year if they want. He absolutely has the tools to be a terror underneath and he has shown he knows what to do with it. If Romo is throwing the ball more, it is about finding matchups. Williams is not really an underneath guy, so I look to Beasley, if he can stay healthy, to be along with Dunbar, the types of guys who attack underneath the coverage in 11 personnel situations for 5-7 targets a game.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...le-beasley-could-be-a-terror-underneath.html/

backrow

Hall of Famer
have you guys seen it? https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...Deion-Sanders-for-suggesting-paycut-116823399

Cole Beasley fires back at Deion Sanders for suggesting paycut
Dez Bryant should take a pay cut because he hasn't played well in years

Dez Bryant taking a pay cut has been one of the primary discussion topics of the offseason for the Dallas Cowboys. On a performance basis, there isn't a question. He makes far more money than he deserves too. Receivers who haven't gained 1,000 yards in three seasons shouldn't make $16 million per season, and as Bryant's play continues to decline, his contract should reflect his status as a good, but not great player. Just don't tell that to Deion Sanders, who took the conversation in a wildly different directing by suggesting on 105.3 The Fan that Cole Beasley and Jason Witten were not asked to take pay cuts because they are white.

This is insane on several levels, the primary one being how much they are actually making. Witten and Beasley combine to make only around $12 million next season according to Spotrac. Bryant will make $16.5 million. Beasley's contract is particularly egregious. He is entering the final year of a four-year, $13.6 million pact that is worth less in total than Bryant makes per season. As such, Beasley was downright offended when Sanders, a former team legend who has vocally supported Bryant for years, suggested that he was the one who needed to leave money on the table.

"I'm confused why this is even a topic at all," Beasley said on Twitter, "3 wr’s are getting paid more than me on the team. Sounds like fishin to me. So is it supposed to be a race thing. I’m underpaid boss. 1 bad year now y’all wanna talk. U got it bro. I mean it’s fine. I’m a short little white dude so they write me off. Ask anybody who knows me. When I’m on the court/field they see I’m not your “typical” white boy."

Beasley has every right to be furious. Albert Wilson, a fellow slot receiver, just got a $24 million deal over three years despite never topping 42 catches or reaching 600 yards. Beasley's numbers from last season. Beasley caught 75 passes for over 800 yards in 2016, and he is making far less money. Even if we treat Beasley's 36-catch, 314-yard season as the new normal, he is still not making enough money. Taylor Gabriel caught 33 passes for 378 yards last season... and got a four-year, $26 million deal. Beasley isn't just underpaid. He is on one of the most team-friendly contracts in all of football. And Sanders thinks he should be making even less?

It's insulting. This has nothing to do with race. You could argue that Witten doesn't produce at the level of an $8 million tight end anymore. That is more or less what Trey Burton just got on the open market from the Chicago Bears despite never being a full-time starter, but he has upside that Witten doesn't anymore. It's reasonable to suggest that he is overpaid. But when one of the two players in this conversation is criminally underpaid and the two combine to make less than 75 percent of what Bryant does on his own, suggesting that they are overpaid on the basis of race is utterly ridiculous. It is unnecessary instigation on Sanders' part for a team that has enough off-field controversy to deal with.

Beasley isn't the only white Cowboys receiver who isn't a fan of Sanders, though. Ryan Switzer jumped to his defense on Twitter, saying "It’s okay bease, apparently Deion referred to me as 'that other little dude that looks like Beasley.'"

This is not meant to say that football is immune to racism and that all contracts and roster spots are awarded on merit. They aren't. But there is absolutely no merit to this particular criticism, and Sanders should know that the Cowboys don't operate that way after Jerry Jones made him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL in 1995. All the Cowboys want to do is win. When a player like Bryant isn't producing and is getting paid as if he is, it makes it that much harder for the team to do so. That is the only reason the Cowboys would want Bryant to give up some money. It has nothing to do with race.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I bet Beasley could say a whole lot more than what he has, which is just the tip of the iceberg. He briefly retired a few years back, and the speculation then, at least on CF, was it was because he didn't want to put up with the racist abuse he was receiving. Gotta love when that article says, "This is not meant to say that football is immune to racism." Football is pretty much based on racism, but the author of course is referring to anti-black racism, which has been gone from the NFL for oh, about 40 or 50 years now.

Sanders has always been a self-promoting buffoon, and a racist to boot. And since that article was written, Bryant was released by the Cowboys and has yet to be signed by another team.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Sanders should be out of a job and there's no use saying " if the roles were reversed, etc, etc...". We all know the double standards.

Good to see Beasley and Switzer telling it like it is. (At least as much as they can).

Screw the racist entity that is the "NFL"...

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
have you guys seen it? https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...Deion-Sanders-for-suggesting-paycut-116823399

Cole Beasley fires back at Deion Sanders for suggesting paycut
Dez Bryant should take a pay cut because he hasn't played well in years

Dez Bryant taking a pay cut has been one of the primary discussion topics of the offseason for the Dallas Cowboys. On a performance basis, there isn't a question. He makes far more money than he deserves too. Receivers who haven't gained 1,000 yards in three seasons shouldn't make $16 million per season, and as Bryant's play continues to decline, his contract should reflect his status as a good, but not great player. Just don't tell that to Deion Sanders, who took the conversation in a wildly different directing by suggesting on 105.3 The Fan that Cole Beasley and Jason Witten were not asked to take pay cuts because they are white.

This is insane on several levels, the primary one being how much they are actually making. Witten and Beasley combine to make only around $12 million next season according to Spotrac. Bryant will make $16.5 million. Beasley's contract is particularly egregious. He is entering the final year of a four-year, $13.6 million pact that is worth less in total than Bryant makes per season. As such, Beasley was downright offended when Sanders, a former team legend who has vocally supported Bryant for years, suggested that he was the one who needed to leave money on the table.

"I'm confused why this is even a topic at all," Beasley said on Twitter, "3 wr’s are getting paid more than me on the team. Sounds like fishin to me. So is it supposed to be a race thing. I’m underpaid boss. 1 bad year now y’all wanna talk. U got it bro. I mean it’s fine. I’m a short little white dude so they write me off. Ask anybody who knows me. When I’m on the court/field they see I’m not your “typical” white boy."

Beasley has every right to be furious. Albert Wilson, a fellow slot receiver, just got a $24 million deal over three years despite never topping 42 catches or reaching 600 yards. Beasley's numbers from last season. Beasley caught 75 passes for over 800 yards in 2016, and he is making far less money. Even if we treat Beasley's 36-catch, 314-yard season as the new normal, he is still not making enough money. Taylor Gabriel caught 33 passes for 378 yards last season... and got a four-year, $26 million deal. Beasley isn't just underpaid. He is on one of the most team-friendly contracts in all of football. And Sanders thinks he should be making even less?

It's insulting. This has nothing to do with race. You could argue that Witten doesn't produce at the level of an $8 million tight end anymore. That is more or less what Trey Burton just got on the open market from the Chicago Bears despite never being a full-time starter, but he has upside that Witten doesn't anymore. It's reasonable to suggest that he is overpaid. But when one of the two players in this conversation is criminally underpaid and the two combine to make less than 75 percent of what Bryant does on his own, suggesting that they are overpaid on the basis of race is utterly ridiculous. It is unnecessary instigation on Sanders' part for a team that has enough off-field controversy to deal with.

Beasley isn't the only white Cowboys receiver who isn't a fan of Sanders, though. Ryan Switzer jumped to his defense on Twitter, saying "It’s okay bease, apparently Deion referred to me as 'that other little dude that looks like Beasley.'"

This is not meant to say that football is immune to racism and that all contracts and roster spots are awarded on merit. They aren't. But there is absolutely no merit to this particular criticism, and Sanders should know that the Cowboys don't operate that way after Jerry Jones made him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL in 1995. All the Cowboys want to do is win. When a player like Bryant isn't producing and is getting paid as if he is, it makes it that much harder for the team to do so. That is the only reason the Cowboys would want Bryant to give up some money. It has nothing to do with race.

People need to start openly calling Sanders and others like him what they really are, racists and bigots. It has to be said and repeated endlessly, just like they do to whites.

Deion Sanders is a racist and a bigot.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer

It's very cool to see Ryan Switzer come to Beasley's defense. Beasley is highly aggressive when it comes to defending himself and seems to be the opposite of most white players (many of whom are forced to be humble boy-scout types to survive) in the NFL. With Diva Dez cut, I'd love to see Beasley and Switzer flying all over the field in 2018.

Like so many black former players turned commentators, Deion is a bipolar headcase. Sometimes, he's as anti-white as a can be on TV. In other instances, he'll be highly complimentary of white skill players, particularly those on the Patriots. The one certainty is that Sanders (like all blacks) is highly sensitive to all racial matters. It bothered him so much that the Pats had a 3 starting white WR's that he even asked Danny Amendola about it during a pre-Superbowl interview a few months back. At the 20-second mark...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Dak Prescott names Cole Beasley his go-to receiver

by Sam Quinn

Dak Prescott has a host of new faces at the pass-catching positions. Jason Witten retired. Dez Bryant was released. Ryan Switzer was traded. Brice Butler left as a free agent. And in their place, the Cowboys have added Allen Hurns, Michael Gallup, Tavon Austin, Deonte Thompson and Dalton Schultz. Few quarterbacks ever have to endure so much turnover at receiver, and even fewer do going into only their third season. So when Kurt Warner asked Prescott who his go-to receiver will be this season on an NFL Network interview, Prescott didn't hesitate. He went with continuity.

“For me it’s Cole Beasley, and I think it’s been that way. I know it was that way it was my rookie year, and last year we were on the same page sometimes and sometimes we weren’t. But he’s a guy that’s hard to cover, he’s hard to cover in man-to-man and he’s hard to cover in zone, and he can stretch the defense as well. So it’s about moving him around, making the defense respect the fact that he can beat you over the top. Once we open that up, he’s hard to cover underneath and that’s his game."

Beasley certainly looked the part of a go-to receiver in 2016. During Prescott's rookie season, Beasley caught 75 passes as the Cowboys raced to a 13-3 record. Things were quite different last season, as Beasley caught only 36 balls as Dallas missed the playoffs. Beasley was healthy and remains in his prime, but the team around him was significantly worse. Doug Free and Ronald Leary left as free agents, Tyron Smith was injured for much of the year, and the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott shined a light on the poor receiving options that the Cowboys had.

When Dez Bryant was still viewed as a No. 1 receiver and the Cowboys had the best running game in the NFL, Beasley was able to dominate because defenses couldn't pay attention to him. When all Prescott had last season were easy throws to Beasley over the middle, opposing defenses were able to focus on taking those away. Beasley is the sort of player that is at his best in a great offense. On his own, he can't lift a unit to those heights.

And the Cowboys do figure to be better in 2018 than they were in 2017. Connor Williams and a healthy Smith figure to fix the issues Dallas had on the line, and Elliott has no suspensions forthcoming. If Allen Hurns returns to the level of play he displayed in 2015, defenses will have to focus enough on him to open the middle of the field up for Beasley. Once the Cowboys have that option again, they can start stretching the field with Beasley as Prescott suggests. But before the Cowboys can get the best version of Beasley, they have to get the best version of everyone else. Otherwise, they will be in store for a repeat of 2017.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...es-Cole-Beasley-his-go-to-receiver-120506127/

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
hes got a mulatto kid though
Ah for fu*k’s sake.

cole-beasley-kyrstin-beasley-7.jpg

sprintstar

Mentor
at least she is not a 300 pounder, although he should have went with an all american down home white girl.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
From the looks of that picture, I may be mistaken, but she doesn't look Black to me, nor does the son. Maybe she's Latino.

I'm not not going to hammer Beasley on this knowing he may be the premier receiver on America's Team this year and with him being White needs support from CF, if anywhere.

Think about it, guys...

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
From the looks of that picture, I may be mistaken, but she doesn't look Black to me, nor does the son. Maybe she's Latino.

I'm not not going to hammer Beasley on this knowing he may be the premier receiver on America's Team this year and with him being White needs support from CF, if anywhere.

Think about it, guys...
I absolutely support Beasley, just like I support Dirk Nowitzki, despite their taste in women. To me this lady looks like the 56% meme. Look it up if you’re unfamiliar.

I guess what frustrates me upon thinking about this a bit more is that a young, good looking, rich professional athlete has his pick of beautiful White women. To pick a non-White just speaks to the level of brainwashing our people are inundated with. Sad!

I wouldn't make too big a deal of this, for the following reason: The fact that Beasley has a black wife and a mulatto kid isn't well known, judging from the reactions here (I didn't know either). America is going to see a White man catching passes and running fast on the big stage. They're not really going to see the non-white family.

On a personal level, of course, Beasley's choice of partner is unfortunate, to say the least. A guy with his physical abilities could have married an athletic White woman and had fast White kids who could have grown up to be pro athletes and role models for the next generation of Whites.

With that said, I'll still root for Beasley on the field. The only thing that would make me stop rooting for a White athlete is hardcore, militant SJW activism with a vicious hatred for White paleo-conservatives/Alt-Righters.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
2019 might be a career year for Cole Beasley.

Bills must have Cole Beasley become their version of Patriots' Julian Edelman

By Vic Carucci

The need was clear a year ago. The Buffalo Bills' offense, and especially their passing game, doesn't work without a highly effective slot receiver.

They didn't have one in 2018. They set out to find one when free agency began in March.

And there he was Sunday, putting on a show during the fourth practice of training camp at St. John Fisher College. No. 10 in the white jersey, the guy on the receiving end of six of the 12 passes Josh Allen completed during 11-on-11 drills.

Get used to seeing plenty of that from Cole Beasley. Or, shall we say, the Bills are desperately hoping that will be the case.

Think Julian Edelman with the New England Patriots, making all of those fast grabs within 10 or 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Sneaking in and out of traffic. Snatching the ball inches above the grass while diving to the ground. Frustrating defender after defender left wondering how he was beaten for a first down or touchdown.

Of course, having Tom Brady throwing the ball is no small part of the equation. But with former Patriots assistant coach Brian Daboll in charge of the Bills' offense, a major factor in moving the ball through the air involves that shifty, savvy, go-to weapon.

The thinking behind signing Beasley to a four-year, $29 million contract (including a $6 million signing bonus and $14.4 million in guaranteed money) was so Allen would have his version of Edelman. Beasley, entering his eighth NFL season after spending the past seven years with the Dallas Cowboys, understands that as well as anyone.

"I've got so much respect for that dude," he said of Edelman. "I've watched him even before I came here. I watched him a ton. So even though I wasn't running the same routes, you can still kind of take little niches out of his game and apply it.

"I'm never a guy that thinks I'm too good or anything to watch another player. There's always something you can grab from somebody else. And I've watched a lot of him."

At 5 feet, 8 inches and 174 pounds, Beasley has the classic frame for a slot receiver to go along with skills that produced 39 first-down catches for the Cowboys last season. The best of those, and the top attraction for the Bills, is the short-area quickness necessary to provide the open target for Allen to find almost instantly after taking the snap.

The first thoughts that come to Allen’s mind when he’s asked to describe Beasley are “really smart, really elusive and really shifty.”

”He gets so low to the ground when he’s running his routes and getting in and out of his cuts,” the quarterback said. “He’s shown why he was a really good target on third down last year, and he’s going to be very vital in this offense here.”

You'll easily know when the Bills' offense has found its groove this season. Allen and Beasley will be connecting on pass after pass, mostly on short and intermediate routes that start and/or finish inside. The goal is for their collaborations to draw greater attention from the defense and open opportunities for longer completions to the outside, while helping to loosen things for the running game.

"His separation quicks at the top of the route is the best thing he does," Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said of Beasley. "There were several guys that we looked at that were slot players that we thought could help us. Those guys did some things better than him, but the one thing that he did was, at the top of the route, his immediate separation was elite.

"You know, Cole is not a big run-after-catch guy. But he's a great safety valve. He can make plays with (the ball), but that's not going to be his No. 1 skill set. His thing is going to be to get open, create separation, make plays and be an outlet for Josh at all times inside."

That starts with Beasley's impressive knack for not giving away the type of route he's going to run before the snap.

He makes sure his stance and body language offer no hints to a defender looking for the tiniest edge he can find when lined up across from him. Will he be running to the left? The right? Faking one way and going another?

There are all sorts of tells that can be found through studying videotape. However, the 30-year-old son of a football coach is ultra careful to offer no such assistance, something he credits to being a teammate of veteran Cowboys tight end Jason Witten.

"He was one of the best route runners I've ever seen," Beasley said. "He makes all of his routes look the same. It could be four different routes, but how it starts is always the same. And that's why he's had so much success in the league, it's why he's one of the best tight ends that's ever played.

"So then I tried to find different ways to use what I do, and take a little bit from him, because we're two completely different players and our styles are different. But you can still take little things from players here and there. I've taken so many things from other players across the league. There's a lot of good guys to watch. You just have to be humble enough to look for those guys and take that."

He wasn't quite so humble making public his dissatisfaction over his role with the Cowboys, who signed him in 2012 as an undrafted free agent from Southern Methodist University. Beasley strongly believed he could contribute more to the offense.

In 2016, he led the Cowboys in receptions (75) and receiving yards (833). However, the next season he had 36 catches for 314 yards, followed by 65 for 672 last year. For his career, Beasley has 319 receptions for 3,271 yards and 23 touchdowns. Amongst undrafted players who have been in the NFL since 2012, he ranks fourth with 319 receptions and sixth with 3,271 receiving yards.

"I think a lot of people view that as a negative thing, me voicing my opinion, but I don't think it's ever a bad thing," Beasley said. "You know, when you're as competitive as I am, you just want to do more. You want more responsibility, you think you can handle more responsibility. And I really felt like I could have helped my team win a lot more than they kind of let me, so I was really happy to have this opportunity and very fortunate to keep playing and get in a system like I'm in now."

Guiding a team in the AFC East, Bills coach Sean McDermott knows that system well. His background as a defensive coordinator makes him acutely aware of the sort of problems he is looking for Beasley to present to opponents.

"If you look at it from a defensive standpoint, it’s a match up game," McDermott said. "So one of the first things you look at defensively is how well you match up or don’t match up with the various pieces that the offense brings to the table, in this case in the slot with Cole. It’s a tough match up for some people. I’ve gotten to know Cole and when you spend a couple days with him or around him, you get a feel pretty quick that he has football intelligence."

Much of that shows when it comes to Beasley's recognition of coverages. He also shows exceptional instincts on where to go and how to get there.

"Some guys, they will run themselves into coverage, because they don't pick it up and that's bad," Beane said. "It takes a feel. You cannot just put anybody inside. He has a great feel for where the hole is. Now, the key will be for Josh and him to get on the same page. It's just getting that rapport with Josh, so that Josh has the feel with him of where he's going to be. Because that window only stays open so long for Josh to go and hit it and get it to him."

A year ago, that window remained closed for virtually the entire season. If the Bills are to have any sort of success on offense this season, Beasley's presence must pry it open much more frequently.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/28/...n-beane-julian-edelman-patriots-nfl-football/

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Excellent article Don. I'm so excited for the season to start. Preseason is good and bad mixed. So many guys we root for will be cut yet we have to remain optomistic. It could be a record
breaking year as to the number or whites on teams this season. At least record breaking by Caste Standards. Hoping for the best.

One thing is for sure. Barring injury Beasley is going to be amazing this year. I can feel it. Big season for him and Switzer with the Steelers as well.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's gonna be a good year for White receivers, along with an uptick on defense. White receivers are much more accepted now than they were before albeit still mainly as slot guys, which is still nice to see. All the great White TEs in recent years has helped, along with the big-time success of some receivers too. Maybe we should give ourselves a pat on the back as well for persevering with the truth all these years.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think it's gonna be a good year for White receivers, along with an uptick on defense. White receivers are much more accepted now than they were before albeit still mainly as slot guys, which is still nice to see. All the great White TEs in recent years has helped, along with the big-time success of some receivers too. Maybe we should give ourselves a pat on the back as well for persevering with the truth all these years.

We all here are so thankful for you and this site Don. You are one of the best leaders of our people. Hoping we can see not only the sports continue to improve but also bigger and better things. Things like white pride worldwide. Whites need to be proud of their heritage, traditons and culture. We need to fight for our survival on earth. I watch so many good channels on youtube. Redice is one of them but there are so many fighting the fight to save us from extinction. Again I thank you and everyone here. Never give up in sports or in life. We shall win in the end. What I'm saying is even if we have to create new homelands we will never let them erase us from the earth.