Cleveland Browns General Thread

white is right

Hall of Famer
First round bust Njoku is now the fifth highest paid TE in the league. What a joke. The Browns owner, who gave Deshaun Watson an unprecedented huge guaranteed salary, is the biggest Caste clown of them all in a league filled with them.

There’s a new top-five highest paid tight end in the NFL and his name is David Njoku. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that the Browns and Njoku reached an agreement in principle on a four-year, $56.75 million contract extension, with $28 million guaranteed. Njoku, 25, becomes the fifth highest paid tight end in the NFL with the deal, behind the 49ers’ George Kittle, the Chiefs’ Travis Kelce, the Eagles’ Dallas Goedert and the Ravens’ Mark Andrews. https://www.outkick.com/browns-lock...term-make-him-fifth-highest-paid-at-position/
I will admit I don't watch a lot of Cleveland games but judging from his stats he is bang average. Unless his blocking or special teams contribution is outstanding his numbers are the kind of numbers where you can let him walk if he doesn't sign a team friendly deal.

It sounds like 14 million a year is now a replacement level tight end...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
First round bust Njoku is now the fifth highest paid TE in the league. What a joke. The Browns owner, who gave Deshaun Watson an unprecedented huge guaranteed salary, is the biggest Caste clown of them all in a league filled with them.

There’s a new top-five highest paid tight end in the NFL and his name is David Njoku. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that the Browns and Njoku reached an agreement in principle on a four-year, $56.75 million contract extension, with $28 million guaranteed. Njoku, 25, becomes the fifth highest paid tight end in the NFL with the deal, behind the 49ers’ George Kittle, the Chiefs’ Travis Kelce, the Eagles’ Dallas Goedert and the Ravens’ Mark Andrews. https://www.outkick.com/browns-lock...term-make-him-fifth-highest-paid-at-position/

Don don’t forget their black gm. He certainly has a role in this as he did with acquiring Watson and screwing Mayfield over.

NEP01

Guru
A couple years ago the Browns leaked an absurd story that they were considering Condoleezza Rice for their head coaching job. Since Haslem has been so bad at winning football games, it looks like he wants to be the biggest cuck in the NFL as a substitute.

wile

Master
Can I assume the owner of the Browns is the same guy in the movie "Draft Day?" I just assume it was since when would an actor keep his very dark sunglasses on even in the near pitch black sets. So if my guess is correct that guy had Alpha Dope Personality syndrome, find a herd, shout its language louder and more convincingly than the former leaders and then lead it off a cliff, perfect for the Caste System of Black Supremacy in athletics. I thought Trump was a perfect example of Alpha Dope Personality syndrome with his trust in the generals, watch "Patton" the movie, watch FOX News and then trust the snakes in the flag officers ranks, get screwed over.

icsept

Master
I can’t find an over/under on the Browns’ season win total. I guess Vegas is waiting to find out about Watson’s suspension. Brisket is the backup. I can’t wait to pound the under on this clown organization.

Flint

Mentor
Can I assume the owner of the Browns is the same guy in the movie "Draft Day?" I just assume it was since when would an actor keep his very dark sunglasses on even in the near pitch black sets. So if my guess is correct that guy had Alpha Dope Personality syndrome, find a herd, shout its language louder and more convincingly than the former leaders and then lead it off a cliff, perfect for the Caste System of Black Supremacy in athletics. I thought Trump was a perfect example of Alpha Dope Personality syndrome with his trust in the generals, watch "Patton" the movie, watch FOX News and then trust the snakes in the flag officers ranks, get screwed over.

Alpha Dope Personality? That's straight up hilarious! Perfect description of Trump. Kudos my friend.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Geez, and I thought franchising Njoku for 11 million was stupid.

Is the Browns GM an "affirmative action" hire? That would explain it.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Browns appear to be running a high price welfare grift for black players. A fool (Haslem) and his money are always free to part, but the manner in which he’s wasting it reeks of some sort of pathological White altruism. If he thinks that overpaying for a perverted stat compiler and a mediocre TE will lead to wins, I think we’ll enjoy the laughs come December.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Browns appear to be running a high price welfare grift for black players. A fool (Haslem) and his money are always free to part, but the manner in which he’s wasting it reeks of some sort of pathological White altruism. If he thinks that overpaying for a perverted stat compiler and a mediocre TE will lead to wins, I think we’ll enjoy the laughs come December.

Again, don't forget the black GM at the helm of the ship in Cleveland. Sure Haslam is signing off these but the GM is the one making the moves. Mayfield was the best QB the Browns had since Kosar and considering what a dumpster fire the Browns have been for the past 20 years was the key to solidifying the franchise. I do feel that the black GM wanted a black QB. Just like in Atlanta the black gm got a poly and black QB and in Minnesota where a pretty white friendly team was turned over in the draft and the new regime is talking about the mediocre 3rd round black quarterback from the 2021 draft.

Phall

Master
It sucks to me that Chase Winovich landed here for some weird turn of fate. The bright side is that his team will often be losing big and he'll get to "chase" QB's to smithereens. I like the attitude that comes with the new haircut.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It sucks to me that Chase Winovich landed here for some weird turn of fate. The bright side is that his team will often be losing big and he'll get to "chase" QB's to smithereens. I like the attitude that comes with the new haircut.

Agreed. At least Winovich got away from the "genius" only to land on another plantation.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watson hit with another lawsuit. The browns look more and more inept. Unreal that they thought he was a better option than Mayfield.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Browns still have some players to root for such as Taven Bryan, Chase Winovich, Harrison Bryant, Johnny Stanton when he gets a chance to play, and their 3/5 White o-line. Mayfield could well end up being the starter again depending on how Watson's troubles are handled (if he was White his NFL career would be over, just look how Big Ben was treated even though he was never charged with anything).

I especially want to see Winovich have a big year after the way The Genius treated him in New England. But Jimmy Haslam the Browns' owner is despicable, and the most interesting thing he's doing is throwing the existing salary structure out of whack with the huge guaranteed contracts he's giving out, especially Watson's but also the one first round bust Njoku recently got. An offshoot of that is the way the salaries for wide receivers has skyrocketed of late, which predictably has caused some of the prima donna types to bitch and moan about getting "theirs." The money is becoming so large now that I expect ever more receivers, quarterbacks and other players to pout and spout off on social media, not report to training camp and not participate in anything that may cause them to get injured, etc., which will only make the league even more dysfunctional than it is now.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Watson hit with another lawsuit. The browns look more and more inept. Unreal that they thought he was a better option than Mayfield.

Yeah but Mayfield doesn't have the magical smile, swivel oily hips and the flick of the wrist.

Clown World NFL and the same for the country we live in. So sad but we must hope that like a sling shot at some point the pendulum must swing the other way.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Watson's attorney tells us happy endings are normal.. Real POS slime ball, just like his client.

https://www.outkick.com/deshaun-watsons-attorney-reminds-everyone-happy-endings-arent-a-crime/

There have been literally thousands of White guys who have gone to jail over that. I'm no prude but I'm so ****ing sick of racial double standards. Either it's okay for everybody or it's okay for nobody. If White men are punished for that then so should some black multimillionaire with his unearned privilege.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
There have been literally thousands of White guys who have gone to jail over that. I'm no prude but I'm so ****ing sick of racial double standards. Either it's okay for everybody or it's okay for nobody. If White men are punished for that then so should some black multimillionaire with his unearned privilege.

Agreed! I've also seen reports Watson tried to buy off all his accusers with 100k each. If true, the ladies need to hold out. As this pervert is worth 230 million. Couple slow boy's running things in Cleveland front office, lol.

Looking like Jacoby Brisket will be starting a good amount of games. Not even sure who else Cleveland has on their roster at QB??

Watson's character reminds me of that of Junior Galette, the man that was accused of assaulting a man and woman with a belt several years ago. These two, Watson and Galette, aren't contrite for what they did, and if they believe they are falsely accused, don't call a press conference and renounce the accusations as false. In Galette's case, there was film of what appeared to be him doing what he was accused of. He just stayed low; didn't admit anything about the video. He was hoping the video would be studied like the Zapruder film and YT sleuths would find enough graininess that it couldn't be determined whether it was him or not. If you were accused of doing something like this, wouldn't you pull out all the stops including calling a press conference and vehemently denying it? Or just hide like he did, and pretend to know nothing?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Agreed! I've also seen reports Watson tried to buy off all his accusers with 100k each. If true, the ladies need to hold out. As this pervert is worth 230 million. Couple slow boy's running things in Cleveland front office, lol.

Looking like Jacoby Brisket will be starting a good amount of games. Not even sure who else Cleveland has on their roster at QB??

Supposedly Watson did this with 66 women per a New York Times report. The Tom Iron rule in full effect here.

Ironically the Browns still have Mayfield on the roster. All the "bruthas" that joined the Browns because of Watson might regret it now.

Phall

Master
Watson hired 66 different "private masseuses" during his tenure with the Texans. There are now 24 of them who are suing him. By my math, that means he completed nearly 64% of his molestations! If this translates in any way to passing percentage, the Browns got themselves a deal.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I know this probably won't play out, but I'd like to see Mayfield have a great season and the Browns themselves fall apart. I don't like to see players injured but I really don't give a crap what happens to Watson considering all the garbage that surrounds him. I even don't care about the dumb fans in Cleveland who will pay to go see Watson but I almost wish he would have a nagging or petty injury that would keep him out to where Mayfield would shine almost the whole season. I know it's unrealistic but that's what I'm wishing for.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Let’s not forget the supposed up and coming genius GM Andrew Berry who is responsible for the issues with alienating the franchise QB Mayfield and brining in an overrated pervert QB who may never play a down for them. This is an all time f-up and I’ve noticed Berry is receiving scant criticism.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Let’s not forget the supposed up and coming genius GM Andrew Berry who is responsible for the issues with alienating the franchise QB Mayfield and brining in an overrated pervert QB who may never play a down for them. This is an all time f-up and I’ve noticed Berry is receiving scant criticism.
If Watson is suspended for more than a season or has a criminal trial for a new accusation Berry will be packing his personal affects because he has pushed all in Watson.

It still amazes me that an Ivy League guy would gamble on this clown when his future is this muddled.