Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elispeedster

Mentor
and you, post when you will be more intelligent

Lol! You have the same response the last few years...excuses excuses....lemaitre has failed and regressed and it is done. He should of left the old man with the old training methods, otherwise by now he would of had the euro record in the 100 and 200.

elispeedster

Mentor
6.61 in Mondeville with bad start. After the race, the speaker said reaction time of Christophe but i don't remember.
6.55 in 2011, yes but with a great reaction time (0.12).

The problem with Christophe is technical, his body is different (more muscular), let him get used with his new body, be patient.

In 2011, Christophe had run in 6.55 and he was tall and slim, with more muscles, he will run in 6.45 in the future.

sorry for my bad english, I hope that you understand me.

If he ever runs 6.45, I will streak naked across the field at wembley stadium holding sign saying Rcsman is my god

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Why didn't Jimmy Vicaut run? Strange as he would have won the title jogging. I'm happy Christophe won the title but due to the lack of his only teammate than can beat him it meant very little. The time was also average. I feel like we see his power more when he is in the longer races. His power in the short sprints leaves alot to be desired. Regardless, congrats on the national title. Hope the win will help his confidence as it has been another tough indoor season for him. Take some time off and then prepare for outdoors. Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In full preparation for the European Championships in Zurich, which will take place from August 12 to 17, Christophe Lemaitre confessed to quickly beat his record of France in 100 meters and 200 meters.

"I think I can do it fairly quickly, because I worked a lot with my coaches over the winter and I will continue in March and April. Afterwards, it is not an obsession. This would be consistent things because if we want to succeed our goals very high in the medium term, with the Olympics in Rio in 2016, it will anyway go faster than the records of France, "he told the sprinter Aix-les-Bains on our website.

The Annecy had made these two national records in 2011 with a time of 9'' 92 championships in France in Albi, 100 meters and 19 "80, during the World Championships in Daegu, about 200 meters.

Twinsen9

Guru
6"67 on 60m in Metz (indoor) : really bad start.

20"58 on 200m : not so bad !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
His top end speed is still incredible. If only they could get him up to speed quicker but that will require alot more power. I think he can still get around 10.00 flat but breaking 9.92 will be very hard. The 200 Record of his is alot more obtainable. I hope somehow he breaks both records. I really want him to be the sole european record holder over both distances!

elispeedster

Mentor
His top end speed is still incredible. If only they could get him up to speed quicker but that will require alot more power. I think he can still get around 10.00 flat but breaking 9.92 will be very hard. The 200 Record of his is alot more obtainable. I hope somehow he breaks both records. I really want him to be the sole european record holder over both distances!

His Legs and hips are look a lot thicker and stronger...his upperbody/ shoulder area is still rather thin. A lot of power in the start and acceleration phase is due to not just the legs but strong shoulders which help drive the legs. And a strong torso helps maintain speed and composure. Just my observation.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
It is very sure that if his starts are so weak, this year in 100 his performances will be around 10 low and with good wind with luck some sub10, it is not very bad but i think that 0% chance for to defeat his 9.92 +2.0 wind.

By the other hand he had several very good races in 200 indoor now.
Perhaps he could to be very near of his 19.80 this season :smiley:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Not only did he run a disappointing time, he came in 4th losing to 2 no name sprinters (Peter Emelieze and Berenger-Aymard Bosse?).
I agree with ZELLGADISS's assessment of Lemaitre.
He is running a full tenth of a second slower in the 60m this year than he did in 2010 and 2011 when he ran his sub-10 100m times.
So even if his top end speed is still "incredible", he won't be able to catch up to his old self in the 100m.
10 low is probably the best he will run this year.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
jacknyc in my opinion Lemaitre will be in 10 low with few wind and 9.9 high with good wind.
To think something better is not realistic.

Lemaitre doest no have good starts since long time ago and with bad first 30m is impossible for him to get wonderful times in 100.

But well if he gets several races this year between 9.95-10.05 for me it will be great.

In 200 he can to get sub20 perfectly, it is very good too.

This european championship will be the best of the history.
In 100 with amazing runners like Vicaut,Dasaolu,Lemaitre,Martina and perhaps Gemili.
In 200 with Lemaitre,Gemili,Martina,..

Lemaitre will have very hard to get gold medals, although in 200 if he is 100% we could to see something amazing¡¡¡¡

trackster

Mentor
Still waiting on that long-promised improvement.

FWIW, Pavel Maslak, a 400 meter runner, and therefore someone who never practices starts, has about the same 60 time (6.65) and Maslak has a faster 200 time--20.52.

Of course, the good news is that Maslak has the fastest 200 time this year on a regulation 200 meter track.

Other 200 comparisons: Ernst 20.62 and Niit 2.63 are right behind LeMaitre this year. Ernst's PB is 20.42, and he's a mediocre sprinter at best. Brandon Byram's PB even has LeMaitre beat: 20.46.

LeMaitre has the sixth fastest 200 in the world this year, but good sprinters don't bother with the indoor season. None of the good Jamaicans or Americans have run yet this year. The Jamaicans run longer distances (400m) outdoors to get their speed endurance up. I've always thought LeMaitre should do the same, as it's abundantly clear that his start is getting worse and worse and he is not a viable short sprinter anymore.

I used to think LeMaitre should dedicate himself to the 200. Now I think he lacks the early speed for such a short event. He should very quickly retrain for the 400. I say quickly because, prior to to the onset of steroids, 400 runners generally peaked before they turned 23. It's a young man's race (notwithstanding the ultra-roided Michael Johnson breaking records in his 30s). LeMaitre should make the move now. His numbers are much closer to Maslak's than Bolt's. However, I do believe LeMaitre has the top end speed to blow Maslak away, if he can just develop the endurance. To me, the 400 is LeMaitre's only hope for a gold.

RCSMAN

Mentor
LEMAITRE TO OPEN INTERNATIONALLY IN TOKYO
European 100 m champion Christophe Lemaitre will start his international outdoor campaign in Japan. He will run the 100 m at the IAAF World Challenge meet Seiko Golden Grand Prix in Tokyo on May 11. The weekend before he will test his shape at the Interclubs meet on May 4, events to be determined later. Lemaitre will have in next weeks training camps in Tenerife and Palma de Mallorca. Confirms his agent Rene Auguin

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christophe Lemaitre has spent twelve days in Tenerife , Canary Islands . And he is about to leave in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands. Internships for beneficial effects.

Early this year , Christophe Lemaitre has opted for the sun to optimize its preparation, even if the winter was relatively mild in Savoy. After South Africa in January, Aix sprinter has spent twelve days in Tenerife , Canary Islands . Pierre -Alexis Pessonneaux as fellow-sufferer on the track and the coach Thierry Tribondeau maneuvering , Pierre Carraz was held in Aix -les- Bains for family reasons.

"As South Africa was affected at all , working the land , endurance, but also overspeed and departures with sessions starting blocks , said Lemaitre. The sessions were long enough , they often lasted three hours. Overall, it went very well, with interesting plants and sun. Sometimes it was 30 degrees on the track. "
Already checkout

And four times European champion added: " The last drive Tenerife confirmed that I had the cash, with chronos 300 m never successful so far, despite the fatigue of the course. We must now work on technique . " Within a month of his return , Lemaitre always focuses on its preparation. "I 'm not in the mood to think about this summer and expectations that surround me . There is still an internship at Palma de Mallorca ( April 18-27 ) . "

While waiting to find the Spanish islands, Aix continues to work hard , including his departure became problematic for two seasons . "He now has a position of highest basin , explains Pierre Carraz . Usain Bolt and Shelly -Ann Fraser leave the same way , with great freedom hip . It's OK to amplitude. Then when he wants to rhythm, it is still the same problem, he rushes . But it'll work , I 'm sure. "

Moreover, in the middle of last week , before the eyes of Laurence Bily , the manager of the team sprint in France , Lemaitre made ​​a great session starts ...
Carraz "Even Bolt has been a crossing of the desert"

Carraz know that much is expected of his protégé, after 2012 and 2013 halftone .

"The pressure you feel it , of course. But they can say what they want , with Thierry and Christophe , we continue to work . And Moscow ( the World 2013 ), I stand by that : it is a pity he is injured because it was a medal in the 200 m . This will go this year . Sprinters often have periods of stagnation before leaving. Even Bolt has grown the wilderness ! "
PROGRAM START OF SEASON
May 4: 1st round of the club in Annecy (100m and 4x100m ) . 11 May: meeting in Tokyo ( 100 m). 18 May : 2nd round of club in Aix -les- Bains (100 or 200 m and 4x100 m). May 24-25 : World relay in Nassau, Bahamas ( 4x100 and 4x200 ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.