Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCSMAN

Mentor
TOMORROW

Oshane Bailey (JAM) Accepted
Nesta Carter (JAM) Accepted
Kemar Hyman (CAY) Accepted
Richard Kilty (GBR) Accepted
Rion Pierre (GBR) Accepted
Michael Rodgers (USA) Accepted
Sean Safo Antwi (GBR) Accepted
Jimmy Vicaut (FRA) Accepted

Dwain Chambers (GBR) Accepted
Kim Collins (SKN) Accepted
James Dasaolu (GBR) Accepted
Christophe Lemaître (FRA) Accepted
Keith Ricks (USA) Accepted
Jaysuma Saidy Ndure (NOR) Accepted
Danny Talbot (GBR) Accepted
Peimeng Zhang (CHN) Accepted

greyghost

Mentor
juicy stuff..kilty to run 6.50....if so ...kilty will break 10 this year....he has the confidence and the attitude....at last a white sprinter who doesnt give a bollox ...reminds me of allan wells with his attitude ...

ZELLGADISS

Guru
If Lemaitre is near tomorrow of his 6.55 PB will be great.
Kilty does not have options for sub10, but it is probably that he gets PB this year (10.10)

Lemaitre is a lot of better runner than him and he gets sub10 with problems.
Kilty is better starter but not much better ;)

Gemili is sub10 this year if he is free injuries :)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If Lemaitre is near tomorrow of his 6.55 PB will be great.
Kilty does not have options for sub10, but it is probably that he gets PB this year (10.10)

Lemaitre is a lot of better runner than him and he gets sub10 with problems.
Kilty is better starter but not much better ;)

Gemili is sub10 this year if he is free injuries :)

Richard Kilty already ran a p.b. of 10.10 last summer and his previous p.b. in the 60 was in the 6'60's. He does
have a chance to approach a 10.00 flat or possibly a sub 10. This kid is a legitimate threat. I don't think you have
seen him run. Don't count him out so quickly.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Richard Kilty already ran a p.b. of 10.10 last summer and his previous p.b. in the 60 was in the 6'60's. He does
have a chance to approach a 10.00 flat or possibly a sub 10. This kid is a legitimate threat. I don't think you have

Ok, soon we will see who has reason :whistle:
In my opinion Kilty will be around 10.05

And Gemili free injuries sub10, he is better sprinter than Kilty.

I hopes that Lemaitre is in 6.5 today :)

elispeedster

Mentor

I agree, the 60 meters is not a predicament for the 100 in most cases. In Lemaitre's case, his personal best in the 60 would equate to a best in the 100 due to the fact that lemaitre has a high rate of top end speed which is much difficult to train for.

Kilty's progression in the 60 is due to the fact he is and looks much stronger (shorter sprints 60 meters or less is much more strenght/power based than pure speed as speed peaks 50-70 meters), but he never had great top end speed. I could be wrong, but I say Kilty peaks at around 10.03. Gemili will run sub 10, his 200 times were amazing considering his young age.

I hope Lemaitre hits 6.57 or less, I see sub 10's easy and a new European record in the 200 outdoor for sure. I think Leamitre can hit 9.89-9.90 with a legal wind of 1.5-2.0 and I think he has a 19.65-19.70 in the 200 at his peak, hopefully more. We shall see.

trackster

Mentor
The ugly results are in. Nine runners (from two heats) beat LeMaitre. Old guys, young guys. Lots of mediocre guys. The regression continues. He barely ran any faster than Sophie Papps on the women's side. The good news is that Sophie is really fast, and in fact has now edged ahead of Prandini, Sant, and Cunliffe.

And so the annual dance of high hopes being danced begins anew. Once again, I recommend people broaden their interest in track to events other than the men's short sprints.

What the young ladies are doing this year is extraordinary--and that DOES include the short sprints, where Papps, Prandini, and Cunliffe have been tearing up the track. Last night, Prandini even proved herself brilliant over 200. Meanwhile, the real action starts with the women 800m and up. Longtime fave Laura Roesler started the season with a very solid mile victory, despite being a long sprinter. She followed up with the second fastest indoor 800 ever run in the NCAA. She could yet break that record and yet still not be among the top three of such young 800 stars as Anita Hinriksdottir (much younger but close to breaking the magical 2:00 barrier), Mary Cain (already under 2:00), and Jessica Judd (not yet racing indoors, but arguably the best of the bunch). Meanwhile, Cain has been breaking records right and left, even though she is still in high school. And, oh yeah, an even YOUNGER h.s. girl, Alexa Ephraimson (still a junior) just broke one of CAIN's records! They meet tonight, at a shorter distance in the Millrose. Too bad, the other great h.s. distance stars, Elise Cranny and Sarah Baxter aren't there.

As for the men, the short sprints have been non-existent, but the 400 is looking solid. Braddy is making a comeback from what seemed to be an unmotivated junior season. He's under 46 indoors now--no small feat. Steve Solomon is running better after an injury plagued season. 6'4" soph Zach Bilderbach of Texas is making strides. And never forget Mssrs. Feeny and Giestings of Notre Dame. Or the various up and comers on Nebraska's squad. Internationally, don't forget Maslak. And then there's the 800 where a slew of good runners (headlined by Nick Symmonds) are back. At the higher distances, there are lots of good runners, but the record breaker remains the incredible Galen Rupp.

trackster

Mentor
Meanwhile, in the final (which LeMaitre was waaaay too slow to make) Richard Kilty went 6.57, and looked good the entire race. Kilty is quite a bit faster than LeMaitre now.

elispeedster

Mentor
Opening his season with a 6.61 (fine), 2nd race 6.63 (fine, said no competition to push him), now against top competition, he runs 6.69...I was wrong about him. He is not a 100 meter sprinter, he is a 200 meter man and thats about it. Could of he been a great 100 man, yes, but his coaches and trainers ****ed up big time by not training him correctly when he was at his peak 2-3 years ago, they kept him away from developing power etc.

I still think he can break Menea's 19.72 at his peak in the most perfect conditions with a slight altitude at the track. Otherwise, dont see it anymore. The excuses every year are beyond idiotic, you would think after 2 years Lemaitre would seek a new direction in training and coaching. Wasted talent.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The fact that Lematire didn't even make the finals, even though he has incredible top end speed, makes you wonder: WTF! is he doing in training?!
It's been 3 yrs now (or is it 4 now?) of pathetic starts and terrible first 50m of all his races. Geez....

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With a descent reaction time he would have went a little faster but that is only part of the problem. Back to the drawing board. It's a damn shame that the greatest talent we have ever seen for our side is always last out of the starting blocks. You just can't do that in a 60 meters race ever. I have to agree with elitespeedster than he lacks the power needed to explode out of the blocks.

trackster

Mentor
Wow what an inexcusably awful start from Lemaitre.

Followed by an inexcusably awful drive phase and an inexcusably slow finish. Note: the guy that one the race had a worse start than LeMaitre. He flinched then had to relax and restart a second time after even LeMaitre had left the box. Unlike LeMaitre, however, he simply started running fast and passed everyone. Christophe leaves me more and more frustrated every year. I've got to quit watching his races.

elispeedster

Mentor
Followed by an inexcusably awful drive phase and an inexcusably slow finish. Note: the guy that one the race had a worse start than LeMaitre. He flinched then had to relax and restart a second time after even LeMaitre had left the box. Unlike LeMaitre, however, he simply started running fast and passed everyone. Christophe leaves me more and more frustrated every year. I've got to quit watching his races.

Whats more comical is Lemaitre has another Coach, hand picked by Carraz (Thierry Tribondeau), who stated that 'this time doesn't matter' beacuse last year towards the end of the season his 60 m split was 6.50' LOL! 6.50 outdoors with a wind at your back is 6.60 indoors, meaning NO IMPROVEMENT! and this idiot coach thinks its ok...Hello, Improvement means improving on your times every year, whether .10 or .001 of a second. Leamitre is a failure of bad management, coaching, and I think he may have some sort of psychological issues of fear in a race against the more jacked up sprinters. What a shame. Maybe one of the most gifted Athletes could never reach his potential because of fools that control him.

RCSMAN

Mentor
Whats more comical is Lemaitre has another Coach, hand picked by Carraz (Thierry Tribondeau), who stated that 'this time doesn't matter' beacuse last year towards the end of the season his 60 m split was 6.50' LOL! 6.50 outdoors with a wind at your back is 6.60 indoors, meaning NO IMPROVEMENT! and this idiot coach thinks its ok...Hello, Improvement means improving on your times every year, whether .10 or .001 of a second. Leamitre is a failure of bad management, coaching, and I think he may have some sort of psychological issues of fear in a race against the more jacked up sprinters. What a shame. Maybe one of the most gifted Athletes could never reach his potential because of fools that control him.

bla bla bla !

What stupid and inaccurate comments.

You're an IGNORAMUS !!

RCSMAN

Mentor

you said " I've got to quit watching his races" GREAT.... shut up

for you :

yesterday lemaitre was a legend
now is a moron

people are strange and stupid !

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Im optimistic with Lemaitre.
Of course in my opinion he will never be a great runner in 60 or 100, but wonderful in 200.
And in 100 if he is in good shape he is a sub10 runner, it is really good.
For me it is enough and i hope that he can to get 19.7 someday and in his peak sub 19.7 :smile:

elispeedster

Mentor
you said " I've got to quit watching his races" GREAT.... shut up

for you :

yesterday lemaitre was a legend
now is a moron

people are strange and stupid !

you cant comprehend frustration with stupidity! You are the ignorant one. The fact remains, HE HAS NOT PROGRESSED IN 3 YEARS!!!!! Your excuses are always the same - too cold, low altitude, wind too strong, reaction too bad.... Real Sprinters that are well trained can compensate bad starts many times over. Lemaitre has no power in his legs at the start, no torque because his trainers are ignorant and think old school. They failed to train him properly in the early stages of his career by having him run cones and do squat jumps with 10 pound dumbbells.

I can train Leamaitre in 3 months and he would improve just by sprinting up hills! I learned this in high school when I cut over .2 off my 40 yard time in 3 months! And Im not a Natural talent like Lemaitre, not even close! Stop defending his coaches!

RCSMAN

Mentor
you cant comprehend frustration with stupidity! You are the ignorant one. The fact remains, HE HAS NOT PROGRESSED IN 3 YEARS!!!!! Your excuses are always the same - too cold, low altitude, wind too strong, reaction too bad.... Real Sprinters that are well trained can compensate bad starts many times over. Lemaitre has no power in his legs at the start, no torque because his trainers are ignorant and think old school. They failed to train him properly in the early stages of his career by having him run cones and do squat jumps with 10 pound dumbbells.

I can train Leamaitre in 3 months and he would improve just by sprinting up hills! I learned this in high school when I cut over .2 off my 40 yard time in 3 months! And Im not a Natural talent like Lemaitre, not even close! Stop defending his coaches!

"HE HAS NOT PROGRESSED IN 3 YEARS" :faint2:

"Lemaitre has no power in his legs at the start"
AND IN 2010, Christophe had more power in his legs ? (6.55)

"his trainers are ignorant and think old school. They failed to train him properly in the early stages of his career by having him run cones and do squat jumps with 10 pound dumbbells".
REALLY ? You know a lot of thing about Christophe's training session, or ... maybe not ! :icon_smile:
In 2011, his trainers was GREAT and in 2014 his trainers are IGNORANT, :huh:

"I can train Leamaitre in 3 months and he would improve just by sprinting up hills"
YES you are so great :photo:

Elite sport is not like on playstation.

lactatking

Guru
60m Indoor

His development indoor (www.iaaf.org)

2008 6,73 (17 years old)
2009 6,64 (18)
2010 6,55 (19)
2011 6,55 (20)
2012 6,57 (21)
2013 6,64 (22)
2014 6,61 (23)

He ran his PB at 19 !

@RCSMAN: Can you explain, why Christoph achieves his pb at 19?
In my opinion you have to run your PB not before the age of 21 (or whatever) ..

RCSMAN

Mentor
His development indoor (www.iaaf.org)

2008 6,73 (17 years old)
2009 6,64 (18)
2010 6,55 (19)
2011 6,55 (20)
2012 6,57 (21)
2013 6,64 (22)
2014 6,61 (23)

He ran his PB at 19 !

@RCSMAN: Can you explain, why Christoph achieves his pb at 19?
In my opinion you have to run your PB not before the age of 21 (or whatever) ..

6.61 in Mondeville with bad start. After the race, the speaker said reaction time of Christophe but i don't remember.
6.55 in 2011, yes but with a great reaction time (0.12).

The problem with Christophe is technical, his body is different (more muscular), let him get used with his new body, be patient.

In 2011, Christophe had run in 6.55 and he was tall and slim, with more muscles, he will run in 6.45 in the future.

sorry for my bad english, I hope that you understand me.

Parrot

Guru
6.61 in Mondeville with bad start. After the race, the speaker said reaction time of Christophe but i don't remember.
6.55 in 2011, yes but with a great reaction time (0.12).

The problem with Christophe is technical, his body is different (more muscular), let him get used with his new body, be patient.

In 2011, Christophe had run in 6.55 and he was tall and slim, with more muscles, he will run in 6.45 in the future.

sorry for my bad english, I hope that you understand me.

Whites calf muscles get too big from weight training it actually slows them down. Most black bodybuilder's have to have calf implants because they struggle to grow calf muscles even when on steroids however small, high calf muscles are an advantage when it comes to sprinting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.