Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP with your stupid comments like "However, none of this changes the fact that he has not improved in the 100m, which is what some of us have been saying all along. He hasn't broken 10s yet this year, whereas every other elite sprinter has"

Christophe has ran with VERY, VERY bad conditions in Europe, negative wind, rain, cold when the others sprinter ran in Texas, in California, Doha or Kingston with amazing conditions !
Many sprinters of Jamaica, or American have ran sub 10 but LOOK AT the performances of these sprinters since they run in Europe.

GAY in the USA 9.86, in Europe 9.99-10.03
GATLIN in the USA 9.80, in Europe 10.03
FRATER in JAMAICA 9.94, in Europe 10.14
CARTER in JAMAICA 9.95, in Europe 10.13
BAILEY in the USA 9.93, in Europe 10.09
RODGERS in the USA 9.94, in Europe 10.19

etc, etc,

If christophe had ran in Eugène, he would get easily sub 10, and your comments would be totally different, thus STOP with this comments !

This is a very good point that people often forget. Times are usually slower in Europe. In fact , I could use this same point to argue for the reason Christophe should run the 100m in London. He looked really good in is 19.91. I understand why he might only run the 200m. It would be strategic, conserving his energies for his specialty. HOwever, what if all the times are slower in London? Christophe is used to running in European weather. The americans and jamaicans are not. I can see both sides of this debate. Regardless of his choice, I'll support Christophe, and I'm not going to second guess him. He has shown that is doing very well and I believe he has much more to give.

RAUL

Guru
homies....our oppinion about if he must run 100 or 200 is zero because just his oppinion and his coach oppinion count,he in daegu run 100 and 200 and this not stop him to take a medal in 200 and to make a huge pb,so why in london will stop him,a og is once in 4 years so dont forgot this. anyway he will be in his best shape of life in london in 100 and 200 too. his potential are somewhere to a low 9.9 and in 200 to a medium-high 19.7 in my oppinion

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I disagree with the premise.
Times are usually slower in Britain, but not in Europe generally. Most world records have been set in Europe.
Usain Bolt ran his best times at the WC in Berlin.
BUt I agree that times could be slower in London. But I think it will affect most runners equally. Maybe it will give Lemaitre and the British runners a tiny advantage, but not a significant one.

With regards to Lemaitre running both the 100m and 200m, it strikes me that he always seems so winded at the end of his races. More so then the other runners. Always bent over huffing for air, like a 400m runner. So I question his endurance, and wonder if running both the 100m and 200m, will drain him.
Ideally it would be great to have him make the 100m final and medal in the 200m. Either or both, would be significant accomplishments from our point of view.

Based on this last race, it seems CL is rounding into form just in time for the Olympics. But up until this point, I have to say that he has not progressed from last year. Other runners are improving, and he is about the same level as last year. He barely beat Jimmy Vicaut at the Euro Championships, whereas before he beat him easily. In London, he barely beat Martina. So these other guys are improving, and up until yesterday, I would say that CL has not improved. The Olympics are just 2 weeks away, so time is very short.
We all want the best for Lemaitre, and have our fingers crossed for him that he has a great Olympics.
But I really believe that going forward his training has to improve to take him to the next, very top level.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RCSMAN ,I dont invent friends.
I know P.J. Vazel, and he works for IAAF,
In serious, sometimes you looks a little stupid telling lies about me :yell:

You invente study about tv analysis, when all people that know it tell that the mistake can to be big, PJ told me it too, studying only in analysis tv is very hard to give real splits.
And PJ usually use cams in the stadium something that you WOULD DREAM to have for to make REAL analysis, you think that you are more clever that you are....

RAUL

Guru
guy's you who have splits at race,what split have lemaitre at his 200m race? i mind first 100 and second 100 and if you can to tell us the splits in gemili 10.05 race

RCSMAN

Mentor
guy's you who have splits at race,what split have lemaitre at his 200m race? i mind first 100 and second 100 and if you can to tell us the splits in gemili 10.05 race

ZELGADISS LIES !!!!!!!

ZELGADISS doesn't know Pierre Jean Vazel, Pierre Jean Vazel is just for ZELGADISS a"friend" on Facebook, not real friend.

I am also a "friend" of Pierre Jean Vazel on facebook but I don't know him in real life!

Here is a question on FACEBOOK of ZELGADISS to Pierre Jean Vazel about TIME of Christophe during French championships !

ZELGADISS : "Mr Vazel, although his time was not important, you know splits for Lemaitre in his 200m yesterday in his 20.31?In his 19.80 he got 10.24 and 9.56 for IAAF(although you give 10.26 in first 100m i remember, sometimes IAAF has mistakes).
Perhaps he made yesterday around 10.4 and 9.9?
If you have some information tell me please.
Thanks again by your wonderful work"

PIERRE JEAN VAZEL : "There's no way to get accurate number for the 100 m intermediate times as the race was run on the opposite straight way in order to try to get favourable wind conditions. But he had a very slow bend, probably around 10.6. I can only give Christophe's 150 m time, 15"42, only 0"01 faster than Jimmy Vicaut"

ZELGADISS : "Ok thanks Mr Vazel, then i look that he could make 100-150 around 4.8 seconds then and his last 50m in 4.9 more or less, really Lemaitre has good speed endurace, but yes, very slow bend. Regards Mr Pierre-Jean Vazel"

We don't speak like that to a REAL friend !

Otherwise I am a friend of MARIE JOSEE PEREC, ASAFA POWELL and TONY PARKER ! :blabla:

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
I wonder if 2012 will be a consolidation year for Lemaitre - i.e. no great improvement in times but a good year for learning and building upon what he already has?

I maintain that if he gets through 2012 without injury then he has been successfully managed by a coach who has certainly helped him improve his bend running over the last 18 months or so.
Anyway, Carraz has said he'll retire now he's turned 70.

The big question is who will look after him. He's obviously based where he needs to be to get his bachelor of electrical engineering and computer science (or as some wag wrote "training to be an electrican lol).

I'd love to see him do some serious training in some warm state in the U.S. ( I have no doubt any number of colleges would give him a scholarship to study anything he wants) but if he's fragile will they work him too hard and destroy him?
And is he the personality type to be separated from family and community in a foreign country for a long period of time.

No doubt they are talking about his future even now.

AND I must say it's good to have someone like Martina close by (Nederlands) to race. He showed great speed.
In fact these two looked like first division against a team of 2nd and 3rd division guys in London.
Loved the attitude Lemaitre showed at 1.12 in the video

Last edited:

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RCSMAN you are lying again.
I never told that im friend of PJ in real life, he lives usually in france, me no.

I dont talk with PJ only in his facebook, i talk in his personal email too, you think that you are more clever that you think.

And he give me sometimes real splits when he use cams in the stadiums, and you?you make stupid calculations in your home with tv video, where your final results are a **** heheheh.
And after you try to lie to people here giving those times like real times, when your times are a **** ant not real, RCSMAN you are a total lyer :wave:

RAUL

Guru
ok guys our subject is off topic so please lets talk about lemaitre not about who lie.....so if you guys are friends with something who study splits in the race of lemaitre please tell us the splits in his 19.91 race.

RCSMAN

Mentor
i have official splits at 60m yesterday, by a friend that is working for IAAF, and he had cameras HD 210 frames/sec(it is REAL)in the stadium.

Lemaitre and Vicaut got same time at 60m, 6.54
So 40 last metres of Lemaitre were very good 3.40, but of course with super wind +2.6, in normal conditiosn hardly he can to improve 3.42(he made 3.42 in his 9.92 +2.0 wind).

I dont know where RCSMAN get or calculate time splits, but my times are OFFICIAL.

Lemaitre is in good shape, although in 100 his improvement is very slow i see.
In the european championship with good conditions we will see his first sub10 legal of the season :shy:

you NEVER told that you are friend of PJ ! REALLY :lol: you're lie again and again

READ, you said "i have official splits at 60m yesterday, by a FRIEND that is working for IAAF".
a friend whom you NEVER met :loco: !

otherwise, i'm friend of asafa powell, a very good friend ! :lol:

RCSMAN

Mentor
ok guys our subject is off topic so please lets talk about lemaitre not about who lie.....so if you guys are friends with something who study splits in the race of lemaitre please tell us the splits in his 19.91 race.

DON'T WORRY RAUL !

yesterday, ZELLGADISS asked to HIS FRIEND Pierre Jean Vazel ! :)

"Hi,Mr Vazel would you have splits for 200 of Lemaitre 19.91, first 100 second 100?Thanks again and i hope dont disturb him. Regards"

wait and see !

RCSMAN

Mentor
RCSMAN you are lying again.
I never told that im friend of PJ in real life, he lives usually in france, me no.

I dont talk with PJ only in his facebook, i talk in his personal email too, you think that you are more clever that you think.

And he give me sometimes real splits when he use cams in the stadiums, and you?you make stupid calculations in your home with tv video, where your final results are a **** heheheh.
And after you try to lie to people here giving those times like real times, when your times are a **** ant not real, RCSMAN you are a total lyer :wave:

you said "you try to lie to people here giving those times like real times, when your times are a **** ant not real, RCSMAN you are a total lyer"

you lie ONE MORE TIME !

I NEVER say that my TIMES was official !
I said that my figures were only an estimation, you can check it (post #3459)

I don't know why you lie but it's stupid !

SORRY but I hate LIE and LIARS !!!!!

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RCSMAN you are the lyer, you told that i lie when i give times that PJ Vazel gave me in the last races.
And i posted the comments of PJ when he gave me those times, and you told that was lies.
So, end of the theme.

We go to talk of Lemaitre, that this topic is for HIM.
I hope that he confirms that he only will run 200m, because i see him with very possible bronze medal.
For me is to lose energy stupidly in 100m for to get 4th,5th or 6th place in 100.

Come on Lemaitre, i hope that you get bronze medal in 200 and 19.7¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

LoLy

Guru
200m vid with better quality

[video=dailymotion;xs6irn]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs6irn_meeting-areva-de-londres-200m-hommes_sport?search_algo=1[/video]

RCSMAN

Mentor
RCSMAN you are the lyer, you told that i lie when i give times that PJ Vazel gave me in the last races.
And i posted the comments of PJ when he gave me those times, and you told that was lies.
So, end of the theme.

We go to talk of Lemaitre, that this topic is for HIM.
I hope that he confirms that he only will run 200m, because i see him with very possible bronze medal.
For me is to lose energy stupidly in 100m for to get 4th,5th or 6th place in 100.

Come on Lemaitre, i hope that you get bronze medal in 200 and 19.7¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

You are dishonest !

As soon as I gave an estimation of time, you answered me every time you had a FRIEND in the stadium who said to you the opposite !

It was not real and I knew it !

Now we know that your friend was imaginary, you don't know this man, Pierre Jean Vazel gave times on its page Facebook !

It was stupid to say that you had a friend of the iAAF in the stadium while you don't even know Pierre Jean Vazel in real life.
Of more Pierre Jean Vazel is a big statistician, and he is not necessarily in the stadium, he is in touch with statisticians all over the world who gives him information.

Thus rather than to accuse me of lie, look your mirror !

I always say the truth, I don't need invent an imaginary friend like you !

end of the theme ? yes it's better for you !

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RCSMAN i never told that im friend in real life of PJ.
I told that he was friend mine, because we talked in facebook AND in his personal email since several years ago, NOT ONLY FACEBOOk like you want tell.

So you LIE
And when i tell that he is in stadium is because he told me it.
When he was not in the stadium he tells that some proffesional that he knows gave him that information, it is the difference.

And of course the information that he gives me sometimes is A LOT OF BETTER, that your stupid estimations that are not real times, and the margin for to give false splits is BIG.

OK, bye, theme finished with you :icon_wink:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ok guys. This is getting really old. If we continue getting off topic so much, I will start deleting posts. You guys are valued posters/members here but let's try to keep this thread primarily about Christophe Lemaitre.

We are all very lucky to get to watch this kid run. I never got to see guys like Borzov or Wells run live. It must have been exciting but I am able to watch Christophe and hoping that he inspires countless other kids around the world. We will see what his coach decides but they will probably play it safe and only do the relay and the 200 meters. I hope I'm wrong.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
yes white lighnight you have the reason.
By my part, i finish this theme now, end.

We are fans of Lemaitre, and we are here for talk about him :biggrin:

I think that he could break in OG the european record of Mennea of 19.72, perhaps around 19.70 could to make Lemaitre.
This time would be a lot of value that Mennea that was in high altitude(advantage around 0.20 seconds minimum)
The best time for Mennea at sea level i think that was 19.96, im not sure.

Come on Lemaitre¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

RCSMAN

Mentor
Christophe can run sub 19.7 and sub 9.90 this year !

he should run on 100M and 200M in OG !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can see him running in the 19.70's range too and possible the 19.60's! He is that good but he has to increase his speed endurance. He admitted that he had trouble down the stretch in London. He did run the curve alot better but there is still room for improvement. Christophe has to improve his speed endurance. It's hard to believe that he has not go used to the extra 3lbs of muscle by this point in the season. Regardless, he should go for the double. Anything can happen once you make the finals. No one on earth expected Bolt to false start at last years World Champs. Pressure can cause alot of things to happen and that is why he needs to just run all 3 events!

Thanks guys for cooperating. I like all of the guys here. We may all get on each others nerves from time to time, but we are on the same team. We are here to support Athletes of European Ancestry. No where else on the internet supports white athletes. If anything, the other sites to everything to talk bad about them.

Let's get this track board rocking and rolling for the Olympics. Thanks again guys.

elispeedster

Mentor
I can see him running in the 19.70's range too and possible the 19.60's! He is that good but he has to increase his speed endurance. He admitted that he had trouble down the stretch in London. He did run the curve alot better but there is still room for improvement. Christophe has to improve his speed endurance. It's hard to believe that he has not go used to the extra 3lbs of muscle by this point in the season. Regardless, he should go for the double. Anything can happen once you make the finals. No one on earth expected Bolt to false start at last years World Champs. Pressure can cause alot of things to happen and that is why he needs to just run all 3 events!

Thanks guys for cooperating. I like all of the guys here. We may all get on each others nerves from time to time, but we are on the same team. We are here to support Athletes of European Ancestry. No where else on the internet supports white athletes. If anything, the other sites to everything to talk bad about them.

Let's get this track board rocking and rolling for the Olympics. Thanks again guys.

He can be the European record holder in both the 100 and 200. He needs to build strength in the torso/shoulder area which will help him with his start and maintain his speed in the final 50 meters of a 200 run.

At first it seemed like his overall body strength is weak, but it looks more like his upper body is what needs some tuning up. The upper is just as important as the lower, and a strong core to balance both.

white is right

Hall of Famer
He can be the European record holder in both the 100 and 200. He needs to build strength in the torso/shoulder area which will help him with his start and maintain his speed in the final 50 meters of a 200 run.

At first it seemed like his overall body strength is weak, but it looks more like his upper body is what needs some tuning up. The upper is just as important as the lower, and a strong core to balance both.
It's pretty obvious he has added mass to his carriage but his upper body still has school boys build to it. Some guys are hard gainers though. As for his times I think he is capable of running a sub 19.8 but the weather may prevent that. British summers can be rainy and temperate, not very conducive to fast times.

mastermulti

Master
It's pretty obvious he has added mass to his carriage but his upper body still has school boys build to it. Some guys are hard gainers though. As for his times I think he is capable of running a sub 19.8 but the weather may prevent that. British summers can be rainy and temperate, not very conducive to fast times.

###I'll post this again since the last one was surrounded by an extended argument -

I wonder if 2012 will be a consolidation year for Lemaitre - i.e. no great improvement in times but a good year for learning and building upon what he already has?

I maintain that if he gets through 2012 without injury then he has been successfully managed by a coach who has certainly helped him improve his bend running over the last 18 months or so.
Anyway, Carraz has said he'll retire now he's turned 70.

The big question is who will look after him. He's obviously based where he needs to be to get his bachelor of electrical engineering and computer science (or as some wag wrote "training to be an electrican lol).

I'd love to see him do some serious training in some warm state in the U.S. ( I have no doubt any number of colleges would give him a scholarship to study anything he wants) but if he's fragile will they work him too hard and destroy him?
And is he the personality type to be separated from family and community in a foreign country for a long period of time.

No doubt they are talking about his future even now.

AND I must say it's good to have someone like Martina close by (Nederlands) to race. He showed great speed.
In fact these two looked like first division against a team of 2nd and 3rd division guys in London.
Loved the attitude Lemaitre showed at 1.12 in the video

Status
Not open for further replies.