Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAUL

Guru
cl now is somewhere in that shape like a years ago,i think untill london he will be a little faster than last year,not with much but a little faster,at eurochamps a 9.90 with over 1+ wind is possible

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RAUL i hope that you tell is true, but umm i see it very hard, 9.90 with 2.0 perhaps, but with 1.0 or few more i dont see it possible.

For me if he wins tomorrow with 9.9x i will be very happy

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Lemaitre good, 10.14 again in the semifinals with +0.1 wind
I expected a little more, but it is good.
Tomorrow he will win without doubt and i will get with few wind 10.0x and with good wind 9.9x

Last edited:
his morning first 30m were much better that hias sem,ifinal. He obviously pushed a little more in 30~70m to compasate.

In my county's tv reporter some minutes ago he stated that his start was awful .... well it was obvious...

Tommorow it's CL vs Vicaut with Ndure 3rd.

elispeedster

Mentor
his morning first 30m were much better that hias sem,ifinal. He obviously pushed a little more in 30~70m to compasate.

In my county's tv reporter some minutes ago he stated that his start was awful .... well it was obvious...

Tommorow it's CL vs Vicaut with Ndure 3rd.

He will run 10.03 - 10.07 at best tomorrow, good enough to win, but not good enough to where he truly should be. He was faster last year.

RCSMAN

Mentor
Christophe has ran in the 1st 50M, 0.07s slower in 1/2 final by comparison with round1 !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christophe will run a sub 10 tommorow. I would bet money on it. He was flying over the last 60-70 meters even more than usual in my opinion. His was producing really good lift off the track. Barring his worst start of his career, the gold will be his in a time of around 9.98!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't think the weather will cooperate. The announcers were stating that it was cool and not conducive to fast times. I think a low 10.0X will take the championship. He is at another level over even Vicuit let alone the other sprinters. Only a false start or a bad stumble will stop him from winning tomorrow.

elispeedster

Mentor
Christophe will run a sub 10 tommorow. I would bet money on it. He was flying over the last 60-70 meters even more than usual in my opinion. His was producing really good lift off the track. Barring his worst start of his career, the gold will be his in a time of around 9.98!

Ill take that bet. Only wind legal sub 10 counts.

I say he will run 10.03

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That sounds good bro. When we have a castefootball get together someday, you can pay up. How about a lunch or dinner. I prefer italian but I'm not picky. Haha.

Hey guys. A request to most of the track fans on this board. I love Christophe Lemaitre and he is my favorite sprinter but we also should be discussing some of the other outstanding white track and field athletes. That is why I created the 2012 European Championships Thread. Please talk about some of the other stars and events going on too. I mostly discuss Christophe too but I also try to give credit to many of the other incredible stars out there. We still have many events left after the 100 finals coming up in the evening session. There is the decathalon finals, 400 meters, 200 meters mens and womens, relays, long jump, pole vault, etc. I'm just excited about many of the fine young european athletes from around the globe. Please join in on some of the other threads. It would really make this discussion board more interesting for all of us when we come to talk track. Thanks guys!

RCSMAN

Mentor
I think that Christophe can run 10.04 (BASIC time) and sub 10.00 with +1m/s.
The weather in Helsinki is very cold (14°c)
The cool weather weakens the performance about 0.07s

white lightning

Hall of Famer
RCSMAN is right. Due to the cold weather, it will probably be alot slower for both the mens and womens finals. It's too bad as we all want to see some fast times. I especially wanted to see Rytis go sub 10.10 for a new p.b. Probably not going to happen due to the cold.

RCSMAN

Mentor
RCSMAN is right. Due to the cold weather, it will probably be alot slower for both the mens and womens finals. It's too bad as we all want to see some fast times. I especially wanted to see Rytis go sub 10.10 for a new p.b. Probably not going to happen due to the cold.

cold and NOW rain ! :angry:

Twinsen9

Guru
Gold for Christophe.

Not a bad time with cold, rain and two false start...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christophe defends his gold medal in the 100 meters as the fastest man in Europe! He ran a time of 10.09 on a cold day with a wet track into a negative wind! I'm so happy for him as Jimmy Vicaut gave him one hell of a race. It was really weird that Rytis S. stayed in the starting blocks twice as if he never heard the gun. Strange race as Simone Collion was disqualified for a false start too.

Congrats Christophe. You truely are "The Master". What a epic performance in bad conditions.

white is right

Hall of Famer
cold and NOW rain ! :angry:
Lemaitre only pipped Vicaut in 10.09 in poor weather for sprinting. The temperature was 14 degrees celcius and the track was wet. One runner fell, another was dq'ed for a false start and one was left in the blocks twice. Not the ideal conditions for fast sprinting.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
winner 10.09 with -0.7 wind, im happy.
it would be around 10.05 basic time, and around 9.99 with +1.0 or +1.1 wind.
He is in good shape, although he can to improve so much yet.

Really i see very hard that he improve his start soon ufff, he needs work so much i see....

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Very happy for Christophe !!!!

Also nice to see young Vicaut getting the silver !!

Superb :high5:

10.09(-0.7 wind) in those weather conditions + 2 false stars is no bad at all . The corrected time at 28m altitude is 10.04 !!!

Last edited:

chipsnsalsa

Yeah, just watched it on Eurosport and the commentators said that with the wet track, cold weather and headwind, 10.09 was a good time. Vicaut was leading till about 60m but then Lemaitre came through with his usual fast finish. He seemed only to really pin his ears back after 60, when he realised he had a race on.

Dunno what the hell the Lithuanian was clowning around at btw - he didn't move on any of the three starts.

RCSMAN

Mentor
10.09 for Christophe with :

temperature : COLD 14°c
weather : RAIN
wind : -0.7m/s
start : VERY BAD

It's very very good time !

FOR ME Christophe could run in good condition and "good" start in 9.90s (BASIC TIME)

Status
Not open for further replies.