Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCSMAN

Mentor
Hi RCSMAN,

I have seen the video and looked at the white lines and it seems to me that Jimmy is slightly in front of Christophe at the 50m line .... so it can be true that they are equal at 60m.

If you look at the white line at the 50M you see that Jimmy has the foot ON the line while the foot of Christophe is after the line!

It is easy to see !

ZELLGADISS

Guru
I believe 100% to PJ Vazel, he was in stadium with cams HD 210 frames/second and he made analysis of the french championship for IAAF too.
So if he told me that Lemaitre and Vicaut got 6.54 at 60m, same time, it is true.
To analyze only with tv cam is not exact.
If you have cam at 60m, where you film totally straight, is the difference, i dont have doubts of PJ Vazel.

lactatking

Guru
Christophe Lemaitre Training

I think that RCSMAN is very „near“ to Christophe …. ;-)

I also think that Christophe is now not better than last year … there is no progression and the Olympic Games are not far away.

So my question to elispeedster, trackster, white lightning and the others:

What can Christophe do - now and the residual time (about 7 weeks) - to get better until the Olympic Games?
Heavy weight lifting ? It’s too late for this?
What other things shall he do?

LoLy

Guru

interesting to read that he hates weight lifting and that he didin't improve for the last 4 years , and that he's at the level of the best women of his club for aerobic training, far from other men from his club.

Knowing that, and seeing what he already acheived, it gives us the huge potential he has, and the marging he still have to improve.

I think it could be good for him that he underperform this year. We know, his actual coach will leave after the O games. It could be a shock to him, pushing him to make some change and choose the right coach for the upcomming years.

I definitly think that with the right coach next year, pushing him more , and correcting his weaknesses, he could run low9.80s and low 19.50s.

PS: to RCSMAN (please don't waste your time trying to convince me Carraz is the right coach for him: I don't care)

jastral

This kid has so raw talent. I'll wait after olympic games to say if Carraz is the right coach or not. I hope he get a medal.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
LoLy , i see very hard that Lemaitre although he changes coach the next year, he can get 9.8 low.
You think that to change style or training perhaps you dont see fast improvement in only 1 year...He could need more time...
I think that the next year Lemaitre will get sub 9.9, and this year he will not improve his 9.92
But i must in that he can to improve his 19.8 in 200 in London :biggrin:

LoLy , i see very hard that Lemaitre although he changes coach the next year, he can get 9.8 low.
You think that to change style or training perhaps you dont see fast improvement in only 1 year...He could need more time...
I think that the next year Lemaitre will get sub 9.9, and this year he will not improve his 9.92
But i must in that he can to improve his 19.8 in 200 in London :biggrin:
Simply put: Lemaitre needs to put on 4 pounds of upper body muscle. If he does not improve in the next 3 races to around a wind legal 9.86-9.90 he is not even going to run the 100 meters in London. If he does he probably wont make it out of the semi-finals. Thank god the drug cheating Jamaicans can only send 3 to the 100 final. I'm worried about Gatlin and Gay as well.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
He told in this year that perhaps he does not run 100 in OG, for me would it would be great, in 100 almost impossible medal, he should save all his energy for the 200 and to get a possible medal.

In my opinion, i dont think that Bolt is in doping, the prodigy jamaican was world championship junior with 15 years, and sub20 with 17 years, i never saw it before and probably never i will see it more...

elispeedster

Mentor
He told in this year that perhaps he does not run 100 in OG, for me would it would be great, in 100 almost impossible medal, he should save all his energy for the 200 and to get a possible medal.

In my opinion, i dont think that Bolt is in doping, the prodigy jamaican was world championship junior with 15 years, and sub20 with 17 years, i never saw it before and probably never i will see it more...

Bolt in my opinion is just a freak of nature. Whether he is doping or not, I cant say (im 75% not, and 25% yes). But I can say the rest of the Jamaicans are on something... and heavy. Yohan Blake is a joke and waiting for him to join the Steve Mullings club hopefully real soon.

Christophe, Like Bolt, and I will throw in Tyson Gay, have something different than the average sprinter. Bolt and Gay do have better trainers and coaches in my opinion along with freakish natural talent, which is the advantage they have over C. Lemaitre - and experience. Christophe has the potential to join that club.

elispeedster

Mentor
interesting to read that he hates weight lifting and that he didin't improve for the last 4 years , and that he's at the level of the best women of his club for aerobic training, far from other men from his club.

Knowing that, and seeing what he already acheived, it gives us the huge potential he has, and the marging he still have to improve.

I think it could be good for him that he underperform this year. We know, his actual coach will leave after the O games. It could be a shock to him, pushing him to make some change and choose the right coach for the upcomming years.

I definitly think that with the right coach next year, pushing him more , and correcting his weaknesses, he could run low9.80s and low 19.50s.

PS: to RCSMAN (please don't waste your time trying to convince me Carraz is the right coach for him: I don't care)

I been saying this for a while. Carraz, though a respected coach, and good for training beginners, does not have the ability to take Christophe to the next level (Sub 9.85, and Sub 19.7). Christophe needs a trainer that can see and point out his weakness, and not run from it, but build it and build the confidence he needs.

The fact his coach suggests to run either the 100 or 200 at the games, depending which event he is likely to medal, is not right. He should run all events and expect to win gold. He needs to train his mind to push extra, even if is not realistically possible. But it will improve on his current times and break the European marks for sure.

RCSMAN

Mentor
I been saying this for a while. Carraz, though a respected coach, and good for training beginners, does not have the ability to take Christophe to the next level (Sub 9.85, and Sub 19.7). Christophe needs a trainer that can see and point out his weakness, and not run from it, but build it and build the confidence he needs.

The fact his coach suggests to run either the 100 or 200 at the games, depending which event he is likely to medal, is not right. He should run all events and expect to win gold. He needs to train his mind to push extra, even if is not realistically possible. But it will improve on his current times and break the European marks for sure.

You are no respect to Pierre Carraz, you do not know him and you judge him !
Shame to you !

Christophe is better than the last year, these last 40 meters in Rome demonstrates it!

In Rome, Christophe was never so fast in the last 50 meters !

If in French championships, Christophe had ran the same last 50 meters that in Rome, he would have ran sub 9.90 !

This year christophe did in Rome same time as last year but with a worse start !

The athletics it is more complicated than what you say, it is an immense puzzle, it is necessary at first create pieces then assemble them to be successful !

This year Christophe has the pieces to run sub 9.90 but he has to assemble them to be successful !

To create the other pieces of the puzzle then to assemble them, are needed several years, but Christophe is only 22 years old then be patient !

Your logic it is because the races of Christophe do not thus please you it is the trainer who is bad !

This weekend Yohan Blake has ran a very bad race in 10.05. Is it because his trainer, Glen Mills, is bad? NO.

Because Glen Mills is the trainer of Bolt who has ran this year in 9.76, you should stop having certainties while you do not even understand as is the athletics !

Christophe is only 22 years old, leave the quiet, you will can judge these performances after olympics, at the moment let work Christophe and his trainer, they know what they have to do !

ZELLGADISS

Guru
It is very sure, if Lemaitre does not get arrive at 60m sub 6.5, he will never get sub 9.9
It should be his target perhaps the next year, i doubt so much that in only 2-3 months he can to get so big start, he is very good last 40 meters, but his first half of race is not good, and this year is not good neither.

Sorry, but i see him a lot of more future in 200m, where if he get a good bend he can get sub 19.8 easily, because he has great final too there...

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Cool, i read that perhaps Lemaitre runs 200m in Monaco too, yet no confirmed but it is possible.
He would run with Bolt there, and the jamaican im sure that he will try run around 19.5-19.6, it could to make that Lemaitre run in 20.0 or sub20 :icon_smile:

RAUL

Guru
my homies we will live and see if he will run sub 9,90 or not commentary like he could run under 9.90 or he sure will run 9.90 is preety stupid,you cant know what will hepened in the future,if he will run under 9.90 good if he cant is bad but we dont have what to do!of course lemaitre is better than last year really if the result dont show this,but this will see just in the final of season,is clear he try to improve his first part of race and he change his training,this result dont see over night but i guarantee you the result will see in the finla of the season trust me or in the worst case in the next season.and yes is hard to run under 9.9 but if you see him in a 2.0 wind race and he will run 9.89 is not a big deal,a big deal is when he will run 9.85 on a 0 wind that's a big deal,to run like our niggas homie from usa and carribean space.the point is not to run under 9.9,what if he run once a high 9.8 on a very big wind?he must to run just with 0.03 faster then last year so is not big deal

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RAUL the problem is that to get a "ideal" wind 2.0 is very hard.
And Lemaitre with medium winds around +1.0 "only" has 9.95.

By now i dont see big advance in his first half of race, i hope that he can get it soon, because his last 40 meters are really good :icon_tongue:

RAUL

Guru
good job adam gemili next sub 10 CAUCASIAN!!!!

adam gemili run a 20.61 in 200m on a -1,1 wind,that is very good for him,on a positive wind(+1,0 or over) he can run a 20.4x. i think he is the nr1 british sprinter in 100 and 200 as well,i am really glad to see this performance from a 18 years old CAUCASIAN sprinter
this performance are at same level of jamaican performance really better.If nothing major will hapen in Brazil 2016 we will see two caucasian medal contender in 100 and 200 (adam gemili and cl),good job gemili and cl show to people sprinting is not a matter of colour,anyway adam gemili will be the best european sprinter from all time and i can guarantee he will be a 9.7 sprinter from now,cl i think never will run a 9.7 or just maybe once but adam will be something like tyson gay

ZELLGADISS

Guru
To make 9.7 is harder that people can to think.
9.7 means to make sub 6.4 and 3.4 or 6.4 and sub 3.4.

-To make sub 6.4 in first 60m is very very hard, a lot of potence and great start, i dont think that gemili can to make it(for Lemaitre impossible)
-And to make sub 3.4 in the last 40m is to get big top speed and incredible top end speed.
Very very hard for Gemili too(Perhaps possible for Lemaitre to make this one)

I see to Gemili more possible type 9.8x sprinter in a future, in 200 i dont know by now, i need see him in more 200 in the next years.

RAUL

Guru
To make 9.7 is harder that people can to think.
9.7 means to make sub 6.4 and 3.4 or 6.4 and sub 3.4.

-To make sub 6.4 in first 60m is very very hard, a lot of potence and great start, i dont think that gemili can to make it(for Lemaitre impossible)
-And to make sub 3.4 in the last 40m is to get big top speed and incredible top end speed.
Very very hard for Gemili too(Perhaps possible for Lemaitre to make this one)

I see to Gemili more possible type 9.8x sprinter in a future, in 200 i dont know by now, i need see him in more 200 in the next years.
off course at 18 years old you dont see him run 9.7,how much people see usain bolt or tyson gay run 9.7 at 18?if this kid progrees in this way in 2 years 9.8 will be something normal,and of course at the begining of the season who bet gemili will run 10.08? his pb was 10.35,from 10.35 to 10.08 in just one season is a long way and he do that in 4 race of this season,i think he will make other pb this year,not with much but with 0.02-0.03 something like that,i said before the season start gemili will be this year one of the best british sprinter how people really belive me?to be honest really my self i dont belive he will be nr 1 but number 3 i think he was possible,i think even he dont think he can run so fast this year

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RAUL, tyson gay perhaps no, but Bolt i think that everybody that saw track and field, a boy that with 17 years ran sub20 was possible that training the start could get 9.7 in the future.
Bolt is a prodigy,it is sure.
He had importan injuries since 18 to 20 years, so his progression those years was slower.

Tyson Gay can to run 9.7 because he has very good frequency and good stride(44-45 strides for a guy around 180 cms is very good, powell has around it and his height is around 190 cms).

I would have study more to Gemili for talk more deeply, but i have doubts about 9.7 in him.
I think that he is not tall(i think that around 180 cms),not big stride and not very high frequency.

Lemaitre has big advantage by his big stride(42 strides usually or 41.xx sometimes)but he is very slow at first 30meters so hardly he can to get 9.7 i think.

Watching his 200m by now, Gemili is perhaps around 20.4-20.5 basic(perhaps this year he can to improve a little more),then i see that his speed endurace is not really good.
Gemili: 10.08 100 20.4-20.5(with positive wind) 200
Lemaitre 9.92 100 19.80 200

Of course Lemaitre has 3 years more(although the times of Lemaitre were with 2 years more), but the length stride and the natural speed endurance of Lemaitre is a lot of better that Gemili in my opinion.

Last edited:

RAUL

Guru
RAUL, tyson gay perhaps no, but Bolt i think that everybody that saw track and field, a boy that with 17 years ran sub20 was possible that training the start could get 9.7 in the future.
Bolt is a prodigy,it is sure.
He had importan injuries since 18 to 20 years, so his progression those years was slower.

Tyson Gay can to run 9.7 because he has very good frequency and good stride(44-45 strides for a guy around 180 cms is very good, powell has around it and his height is around 190 cms).

I would have study more to Gemili for talk more deeply, but i have doubts about 9.7 in him.
I think that he is not tall(i think that around 180 cms),not big stride and not very high frequency.

Lemaitre has big advantage by his big stride(42 strides usually or 41.xx sometimes)but he is very slow at first 30meters so hardly he can to get 9.7 i think.

Watching his 200m by now, Gemili is perhaps around 20.4-20.5 basic(perhaps this year he can to improve a little more),then i see that his speed endurace is not really good.
Gemili: 10.08 100 20.4-20.5(with positive wind) 200
Lemaitre 9.92 100 19.80 200

Of course Lemaitre has 3 years more(although the times of Lemaitre were with 2 years more), but the length stride and the natural speed endurance of Lemaitre is a lot of better that Gemili in my opinion.

is maybe a little soon to talk about 9.7 because he have only 18 years and he can run at this moment somewhere to a 10 flat,but cl at his age had a pb of 10.26 on 100 on 1.7 wind and 20.68 on 1.9 wind.Adam is better than lemaitre at his age,and is not easy for a 18 years old sprinter to run 10.0x,in europe he is first sprinter at 18 y/o who run under 10.10 (previsious record-mark lewis francis) so i have big hope from him,i think he will be something,his time for his age are very good much over other europe sprinters,and he have a better pb at 60 than lemaitre so he is faster at all distance than lemaitre at his age

ZELLGADISS

Guru
RAUL i see that you have big feelings by Gemili, and we will see then his progression.
This year he is 19, and the next one 20.
Lemaitre with 19 years had 10.04 and and ran few the 200m.
The french with 20 years had 9.97 and 20.16.

I see very hard that Gemili can to improve the nex year 9.97 of Lemaitre at same age and very very hard 20.16

Perhaps Gemili can to improve so much the next year, but i have many doubts yet.

The big stride and big speed endurace of Lemaitre is big advantage about Gemili and although Lemaitre will never be big starter, he will improve the next years his start sure.

LoLy

Guru
adam gemili run a 20.61 in 200m on a -1,1 wind,that is very good for him,on a positive wind(+1,0 or over) he can run a 20.4x. i think he is the nr1 british sprinter in 100 and 200 as well,i am really glad to see this performance from a 18 years old CAUCASIAN sprinter
this performance are at same level of jamaican performance really better.If nothing major will hapen in Brazil 2016 we will see two caucasian medal contender in 100 and 200 (adam gemili and cl),good job gemili and cl show to people sprinting is not a matter of colour,anyway adam gemili will be the best european sprinter from all time and i can guarantee he will be a 9.7 sprinter from now,cl i think never will run a 9.7 or just maybe once but adam will be something like tyson gay

there is a nice place to talk about Adam gemili:

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/threads/13317-Adam-Gemili/page3

thanks

RAUL

Guru
bad news for lemaitre!! Justin gatlin won us trials 100m in a time of 9.80-pb for him tyson gay just second with a 9,86. Keston bledman won trinidad and tobago trials 100m in a time of 9,86-pb for him and a very good time,richard thompson second with a 9.96.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Lemaitre 100m this week in european championship:

Wednesday 28

11.40 AM R1
8.15 PM SF

Thursday 29

7.45 PM FINAL

Final time: Probably 9.9x :icon_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.