Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad they are notifying the athletes ahead of time. I wonder how many guys will pull out of the worlds with "injuries" now...I guess that would be sort of self incriminating though!

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i think it is not useless, but they do this to say "track and field is a clean sport"
controls must be done in the offseason, because orals steroids disappear quickly from the body, and this is what they take

Last edited:

Twinsen9

Guru
Bolt : ok
Powell : ok
Gay : out
Mullings : maybe out
Rodgers : maybe out
Makusha : ok
Frater : ok
Carter : ok
Blake : ok

Now, I see 6 guys equal or in front of Christophe. And Christophe can beat Blake and Carter... and maybe Makusha (and Frater ?).

Christophe is maybe near a medal in 100m...

freddie

Guru
Unfortunately others keep breaking their BPs. Richard Thompson, who all year had not troubled the top three steps of the podium at any meet and had failed to even break 10 seconds, today did a 9.85 - a time 0.21 faster than the average of his previous year's top five. Christophe's top five average 9.96 so, by that measure, he should be able to run a 9.75!

LoLy

Guru
Bolt : ok
Powell : ok
Gay : out
Mullings : maybe out
Rodgers : maybe out
Makusha : ok
Frater : ok
Carter : ok
Blake : ok

Now, I see 6 guys equal or in front of Christophe. And Christophe can beat Blake and Carter... and maybe Makusha (and Frater ?).

Christophe is maybe near a medal in 100m...
the jamaican team was Bolt, powel, mulling, blake, so I gess Carter or frater will replace mullings. so it's 5 guys (let's hope some more will get caugt)

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I've always had a hunch that there is possibly a 0.2 difference. Only anecdotal, but I've watched T&F avidly since the late 70s and it seemed to me on a level playing field the top international class (blacks) who would career max at 9.90-9.95 ran against good white guys who managed the 10.10-10.15 which usually saw them 2.5m down in a 100 race.
Then the white guys left the program and the black dudes got faster. Who knows who was on what, but certainly the roided eastern Europeans of the 80s couldn't better the occasional high 10.0s. I have a hunch most white guys were out of the equation by the time the sophisticated stuff came around.
Again, just my hunches but I'm happy with my extrapolation.

I did some research on historic times in 100 meters a few years back. I pretty much agree. I think if you looked at the top 5 clean elite white sprinters and the top 5 clean elite black sprinters top 5 average times in a given year it would be about a 0.2 second difference over 100 meters.

Heck, Bolt is considered the biggest speed freak of nature in the history of track. Bolt's WR of 9.58 isn't even 0.4 seconds faster than a young and raw and HIGHLY LIKELY clean of steroids Christophe with his 9.92 time.

Let's just hope that Lemaitre will perform in the clutch and medal in at least one of the next 3 Olympics in the 100 meters. This would defy so many stereotypes in the eyes of DWFs. I do believe also that more DWFs are questioning ALL the rest of the Jamaicans being clean with more being caught recently. You'd have to be stupid not to, with all the anecdotal evidence that we have considered on this site.

Last edited:

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
the jamaican team was Bolt, powel, mulling, blake, so I gess Carter or frater will replace mullings. so it's 5 guys (let's hope some more will get caugt)

Who is the very muscular looking Jamaican that suddenly vastly improved his PBs? He sort of came to the forefront out of nowhere. I remember folks talking about this on CF. It was either Blake or Carter if I recall correctly. Please help me out.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I would say Mullings being eliminated in the 200 is bigger impact on Christophe as he is true contender for the bronze medal in the 200 meters. I think he is more of a dark horse in the 100 for the podium.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Who is the very muscular looking Jamaican that suddenly vastly improved his PBs? He sort of came to the forefront out of nowhere. I remember folks talking about this on CF. It was either Blake or Carter if I recall correctly. Please help me out.
Both have done this but Nesta is older and Blake is only 21 or 22 so a vast improvement is more logical. "Nestah" looks like Ben Johnson's illegitimate son while Blake looks like a cyborg from one of the Terminator movies....:tongue:

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, must have been Carter- as I now recall the theme of his oddly older age for such a vast improvement. He's the guy I really think is on something. This is particularly- when I looked at some close up pics of him. Not a pretty sight.

LoLy

Guru
that was mullings. He improves this year his PB by 0.21 (from 10.01 to 9.80).

waterbed

Mentor
about the 0.2 second differnce

someone posted a link to very interesting stats sprinting from 1986 but I can't find it anymore.
the fastest black white differnce was only 0.14 that year |I would like to see from other years too.
The 8 white guys 10.20 or faster and 0.11 differnce from 1 to 8 and blacks 0.15 between 1 to 8. And looking a bit further it looked like black white ratios based on the gap between the times ratio's was about the same as now so i as nowaydays if you look at how much differnce between 1st 2nd etc. but you have to look further and also from other years in the 80's to take conclusions.
If from more data it seams that the differnce between first second etc. black ratio the differnce 1st 2 second white is like the same as now then it is strange that white and black times have become bigger in time differnce when the ratios of amount of white and black sprinters hasn't changed probably.this difference in speed which has like doubled could be naturally normal if realitvely to whites like 5 times more blacks are sprinting now...to the amount relativelt of whites now vs the 80's.I know some say east eurpeans were juicing but also french and west german etc. were along the fastest whites back them.

.Maybe is powertraining not so good for the white guys top speed but only acceleration so they didn't improve much even with better facilities there are now. , hurts overall performance by making the thick calves most whites have even more big.Or PED"S better working for blacks like some of you guys say could be true.
Very strange....

Twinsen9

Guru
Unfortunately others keep breaking their BPs. Richard Thompson, who all year had not troubled the top three steps of the podium at any meet and had failed to even break 10 seconds, today did a 9.85 - a time 0.21 faster than the average of his previous year's top five. Christophe's top five average 9.96 so, by that measure, he should be able to run a 9.75!
WTF !!!! 9,85 ! :rip:

M

mattgianone

I may have brought this up in another forum but if any of these other top level sprinters now see the dominos start to fall and knowing the mandatory blood samples that will be taken in Daegu does anyone in this forum think there might be some significantly slower times run in the 100 meters? I think Bolt, Blake and Powell might have a hard time running under 9.95. Its a hunch.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
With perfect conditions (a maximum wind, ideal temperatures and a strong field to push them) I do think that guys like Bolt, Gay and Powell are capable of running a time in the 9.7 range RIGHT NOW- in Daegu- with their MOST IDEAL performance. IMO the difference will be there will be less sprinters appearing out of the blue in the next few years who consistently run in the 9.9 range in the big meets. The amount of Jamaicans that have appeared that can do this for such a small nation is a red flag.

Lemaitre is a real dark horse to medal now if the testing stays ahead of the PED factory technology in the near future.

Looking at the times and considering my suspicions; I only see Bolt, Powell and Gay being CONSISTENTLY faster than Christophe if the field remains clean- and Powell is not known for performing well under pressure. Lemaitre is in my mind, now a dark horse for the Bronze medal in London.

If the times really start to consistently slow in the next two years, than I am going to strongly lean towards Bolt, Gay and Powell all being dirty. I have some doubts, but I have my reasons for not seeing a smoking gun to convict these three. I know less about the other newer stars like Rodgers and Frater. Carter and Blake I suspect are dirty. I've always wondered about Powell being dirty, but I want to see more signs before I lean toward Bolt and Gay being dirty.

LoLy

Guru
I'm a bit suprised by the timetable for 100m races in Daegu.

http://www.daegu2011.org/do/front/page/timetable?lang=en&move_page=timetable_20110828

There will be a ROUND1 on 27th. Then another one on 28 th morning. On 28 th afternoon, the semi-final will take place, and the final in the evening.

For some, there will be 3 races in one day. I don't remember having seen so much races in one day usually in world championchip. And it's not fair, as some will run only 2 that last day.

the argie

Guru
There is also a qualifying race, which will not participate Bolt or Powell or CL, among others. So there will be some athletes that will run 4 races and others will do so in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.