Christian McCaffrey

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It stinks that they did not keep Schrader around in San Fran especially if they were aware of McCaffery's issues.
I hear that was the plan. To let him clear waivers and sign him to the PS. Unfortunately the Rams pulled him from the waiver wire. Of course the Rams aren't using him so maybe they will waive him and the 49ers can snag him back.

Warhawk_46

Master
He is getting treatment in Germany. Many athletes chose to do that. Hopefully it helps him be ready in a couple of weeks.

I’m (very) cautiously optimistic it won’t be a lost season for him and with the additional game maybe, just maybe, he can still hit 1,000 yards rushing as the number of 1k yard seasons is crucial aspect of Hall of Fame consideration.

El Gringo

Mentor
It's official.
The 49ers are reporting that CMC has gone to Germany to seek treatment.
I don’t understand why these guys that make tens of millions of dollars don’t fly private!! if I netted $2 million a year, I would spend 1 million of that on a private jet lease.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m reading plenty of articles and message boards about how when (if) CMC returns that it is going to be a split backfield.

A shame our best players (CMC, JJ Watt) cannot stay healthy for their full careers. Oh what might have been for these two!