Christian McCaffrey

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just Imagine if McCaffrey had a Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp on his team. The defenses couldn't just stack the box constantly
or they would get beat through the air frequently. Plus Cmac is an elite receiver. The Ram or Bills would be a perfect fit. We can
dream right?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
NFL execs reportedly believe Panthers may trade McCaffrey. According to Jason La Canfora, the Washington Post, at least two NFL GM's anticipate the Panthers will be willing to eat a chunk of salary to move McCaffrey and others to add assets for the future.
...of course, local Charlotte reporter Will Kunkel refuted La Canfora's work.
Let's hope the former is true and CMAC gets out of Charlotte soon and unites with a contender.

No doubt in my mind the Panthers coaching staff is running CMC up the middle to get him injured again. Another posted suggested this was going to be the coaching staff's convenient excuse for their futility as a team; blame the White running back who can't stay healthy instead of facing the blame of an inept coaching staff.

The OLine is failing to open up holes. Watching the last game, you could see defenders purposely delivering head shots (and any late hits they can lay on him) after he's been stopped in a cloud of dust and is fighting for extra yards. He's going to end up injured due to all the late punishment he's suffering. Cmac is tough as nails but the human body can't withstand unlimited punishment. The play calling seems more suited to a 250lb power back. Cmac can easily make defenders miss in the open field, with even a minimal amount of daylight.

Of course, it is great to see a White man getting 15-20 carries per game on a consistent basis in the NFL. There ought to be many more.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No doubt in my mind the Panthers coaching staff is running CMC up the middle to get him injured again. Another posted suggested this was going to be the coaching staff's convenient excuse for their futility as a team; blame the White running back who can't stay healthy instead of facing the blame of an inept coaching staff.

The OLine is failing to open up holes. Watching the last game, you could see defenders purposely delivering head shots (and any late hits they can lay on him) after he's been stopped in a cloud of dust and is fighting for extra yards. He's going to end up injured due to all the late punishment he's suffering. Cmac is tough as nails but the human body can't withstand unlimited punishment. The play calling seems more suited to a 250lb power back. Cmac can easily make defenders miss in the open field, with even a minimal amount of daylight.

Of course, it is great to see a White man getting 15-20 carries per game on a consistent basis in the NFL. There ought to be many more.

Yes despite all this horrible play calling, poor offensive line, etc, etc, Cmac is still averaging 4.7 yards per carry! Think about that?
You put him on a team like the Rams and it would be so easy for him. Carolina has done very little to give him a cast around him
where they actually have to respect the aeirial game. Talk about setting someone up for failure. Yet he still is doing good. I'm hoping
that by mid season they can adjust the playcalling and open things up more for Baker Mayfield which will give Cmac more room
to operate in.

Rocky B

Master
I’ve watched, probably, 90% of all of his touches since Stanford.....Ok, maybe 80%.....Its true, they don’t utilize his skill set . I’ve been on Baker’s side all along, but how many more balls can be batted down? Is it Baker, or the crap offensive scheme? Not sure, but seeing CMC go to LAR or Buffalo would be great.

wile

Master
If he were in Buf they need to build the addition at Bills' HQ for the Lombardi.

Flint

Mentor
Wile, I think there is a good chance Cmac might land in Buffalo,
While I am skeptical about a mid season trade for a star player, the fact that the Rams went all in last year (off season) to get Stafford, and they then won it all might make the Bills think that pushing all the chips in is worth it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Buffalo has never won a Super Bowl. Why not go all in to get Christian McCaffrey? They have a top 3 qb in the NFL, a good offensive line and
defense. Cmac can be the missing piece to get them out of the AFC Championship on to winning their first Super Bowl. Those fans that live
in Upstate Northern New York deserve it. It's cold up there simlar to Green Bay. They are true warriors and a very devoted fan base. Let's
hope that this happens not just for the Bills but also for McCaffrey who deserves to be on a playoff team for the first time in his career.

icsept

Master
Buffalo’s already the best offense in the league. I’d be shocked if they went after CMac. Also, the Panthers would be crazy to give up their best player. They’re already destined to get a top 5 pick in the draft.

Warhawk_46

Master
Buffalo has never won a Super Bowl. Why not go all in to get Christian McCaffrey? They have a top 3 qb in the NFL, a good offensive line and
defense. Cmac can be the missing piece to get them out of the AFC Championship on to winning their first Super Bowl. Those fans that live
in Upstate Northern New York deserve it. It's cold up there simlar to Green Bay. They are true warriors and a very devoted fan base. Let's
hope that this happens not just for the Bills but also for McCaffrey who deserves to be on a playoff team for the first time in his career.
100% agree. And up until this year Buffalo’s defense was white-friendly. Wish they wouldn’t have let Beasley go but Allen and CMC are my two favorite offensive players.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
according to the current stats listed by espn, CMac has caught 26 of 35 targets (75%) and has 188 yards receiving. but what really stands out is he has 195 yards after the catch ... that’s correct, he has more yards after the catch than total yards.

i realize the Carolina offense has come under (rightful) criticism, but this should be one of the main talking points. here you have perhaps the best receiving threat at the tailback position in the entire League, and he’s almost exclusively getting thrown dump off passes behind the line of scrimmage. talk about wasting a mismatch!

Warhawk_46

Master
according to the current stats listed by espn, CMac has caught 26 of 35 targets (75%) and has 188 yards receiving. but what really stands out is he has 195 yards after the catch ... that’s correct, he has more yards after the catch than total yards.

i realize the Carolina offense has come under (rightful) criticism, but this should be one of the main talking points. here you have perhaps the best receiving threat at the tailback position in the entire League, and he’s almost exclusively getting thrown dump off passes behind the line of scrimmage. talk about wasting a mismatch!
Astute observation! To think the most dynamic running back in the league has, through five games, been given dives and dump-off passes… I’ve long marinated that after Nagy was let go Rhule was the worst coach in the league.

CMC should running pitches and off tackle and catching slants and wheels and screen passes - get him in space!

Warhawk_46

Master
He deserves a better team than Carolina. Their new owner is horrible. Team will be in the gutter for several years. Feel badly for Matt Corral too.

My top two teams for Christian are Buffalo and then the LA Rams.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He deserves a better team than Carolina. Their new owner is horrible. Team will be in the gutter for several years. Feel badly for Matt Corral too.

My top two teams for Christian are Buffalo and then the LA Rams.
Buffalo makes the most sense - they have nothing at running back and adding McCaffery to the offense would make it the most explosive in the league.

Rocky B

Master
CMC to San Fran?
Not sure if I like that long term.
Carolina blows, I guess it’s a good thing while Jimmy G is at SF

Warhawk_46

Master
I don’t like this trade for CMC. Shanahan is a shitty coach in my opinion. The continued misuse of both Juszczyk and Kittle is beyond frustrating. I fear he will use CMC the same way Carolina was.

Not happy at all. Buffalo will come to regret not making the trade happen.

Niners gave up their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round draft picks next year in the trade. While it's nice to see that C-Mac is considered that valuable the loss of those picks will cripple the team, especially after Jimmy G. is bounced out in favor of The Magical One. This is the kind of trade you make only when you have an established star at QB like Buffalo does with Allen.

I see the 49ers future as pretty bleak in the next several years and unfortunately Christian is going to be dragged down with it. He'll still put up good numbers, but despite the people around him rather than because of them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In recent years the 49ers have been able to plug in anyone at RB and they do well. They have a great running scheme. Plus Garappolo likes to check down to his backs. SF has some issues with their o-line this season, but how many teams don't. Look at how poor the Rams line has been. Overall I like the landing spot a lot. Christian should look a lot more like peak Christian now. Next year if it's back to Lance it might be a different story. But for this season it looks quite promising.

Warhawk_46

Master
In recent years the 49ers have been able to plug in anyone at RB and they do well. They have a great running scheme. Plus Garappolo likes to check down to his backs. SF has some issues with their o-line this season, but how many teams don't. Look at how poor the Rams line has been. Overall I like the landing spot a lot. Christian should look a lot more like peak Christian now. Next year if it's back to Lance it might be a different story. But for this season it looks quite promising.
I hope you’re right Don, but considering how Shanahan continually ignores Kittle and Juszczyk game after game, and is enamored with Deebo Samuel - coupled with his fascination with immensely overrated Trey Lance, I’m not sure SanFran is a great option for CMC.

I hope I am wrong.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not crazy about where he went but it's better than him going to Philadelphia. Let's hope for the best. I also would like to see Jimmy G.
stick around for a few more seasons and if continues to play well he should still be the starting quarterback.

A little bummed though as Buffalo was taylor made for Cmac and they would have become the Super Bowl Favorite if they would
have pulled the trigger on a trade. Regardless I will root for the kid and the Niners!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't understand why the 49ers want Cmac, when they already have Deebo Samuel filling that same role pretty well.
Doesn't make sense, unless they want to trade Samuel.

Warhawk_46

Master
I don't understand why the 49ers want Cmac, when they already have Deebo Samuel filling that same role pretty well.
Doesn't make sense, unless they want to trade Samuel.
Conspiracy hat on: or is it to minimize Christian’s production? Make him
More a part time Running back/slot
Receiver? Is it be design?

Similar to how Toby Gerhart was drafted by MN who had prime Adrian Petersen… and did not need another (should have been) feature back.