Christian McCaffrey

Warhawk_46

Master
Well Hubbard went over 100 yards this week - Christian needs to play like his job is on the line. Because it is:

“I think he’ll be a tremendous complement whenever Christian is back with us,” Rhule said.

Despite being one of the best two backs in the game (along with Henry), he is white and thus must be replaced with urgency according to the Caste Marxists (and their useful idiot DWFs).

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Well Hubbard went over 100 yards this week - Christian needs to play like his job is on the line. Because it is:

“I think he’ll be a tremendous complement whenever Christian is back with us,” Rhule said.

Despite being one of the best two backs in the game (along with Henry), he is white and thus must be replaced with urgency according to the Caste Marxists (and their useful idiot DWFs).
I don't think CM's job is on the line just yet. Philadelphia has one of the worst run defenses in the league and Hubbard doesn't have the best hands. He has dropped numerous passes this year as the announcers for Sunday's game noted. If CMac has a weakness it's his inability to stay healthy. At this point the only way he will lose his role as the starter will be if he can't suit up. The Panthers are not going to let 64 million dollars stand on the sidelines.
Although his job is not on the line, I agree, he needs to play like it is.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think CM's job is on the line just yet. Philadelphia has one of the worst run defenses in the league and Hubbard doesn't have the best hands. He has dropped numerous passes this year as the announcers for Sunday's game noted. If CMac has a weakness it's his inability to stay healthy. At this point the only way he will lose his role as the starter will be if he can't suit up. The Panthers are not going to let 64 million dollars stand on the sidelines.
Although his job is not on the line, I agree, he needs to play like it is.

Agreed, his job is very safe at the present time. He's so good that his talent is almost universally recognized even among DWFs and the fake news sports media. But Christian does need to stay healthy like he was his first three seasons. If he becomes a China doll like Rex Burkhead then the team will have little choice but to start looking at alternatives.

Warhawk_46

Master
Right he is not getting benched anytime soon... but he will find himself in a timeshare backfield if he doesn’t stay healthy and productive. Part of the issue is he is so good defenses know he is getting the ball - they key on him and all their efforts are to stop him.

With Hubbard, he gets more room to run since he is not seen as “the option” when on the field.

Now this is likely coincidence, but both JJ Watt and CMC started getting hurt when they got serious girlfriends... my opinion is there is a finite amount of time to play pro ball... save the women for after the playing days.

The old “women weaken legs” mantra from Rocky.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Right he is not getting benched anytime soon... but he will find himself in a timeshare backfield if he doesn’t stay healthy and productive. Part of the issue is he is so good defenses know he is getting the ball - they key on him and all their efforts are to stop him.

With Hubbard, he gets more room to run since he is not seen as “the option” when on the field.

Now this is likely coincidence, but both JJ Watt and CMC started getting hurt when they got serious girlfriends... my opinion is there is a finite amount of time to play pro ball... save the women for after the playing days.

The old “women weaken legs” mantra from Rocky.
Honestly I think it's because of him bulking up. He's a speed back but has added lots of muscle since college. Hillis had the same problems with his hamstring, pulling trucks in the off-season. Was a 230 pound back in high school and bulked up to 250 to play fullback. Those slow twitch exercises aren't beneficial to the position and add unnecessary bulk.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I think it's because of him bulking up. He's a speed back but has added lots of muscle since college. Hillis had the same problems with his hamstring, pulling trucks in the off-season. Was a 230 pound back in high school and bulked up to 250 to play fullback. Those slow twitch exercises aren't beneficial to the position and add unnecessary bulk.

I agree, he overtrained and bulked up too much, but reportedly cut back some this past offseason. Pulled hamstrings are very common, if he comes back in Week 6 and stays healthy the rest of the way this will be seen as a minor injury.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
As long as he still gets to 1000 I'll be fine with this setback

Warhawk_46

Master
Agreed, he must hit that 1,000 yard rushing and 500 yard receiving marks to keep his career trajectory on course. As long as no further injuries this year, we will make it easily. With the extra regular season game, it will be more like he missed 1 game rather than 2.

Flint

Mentor
Why is it every White starting RB in the league this year gets injured!!

Rocky B

Master
Why is it every White starting RB in the league this year gets injured!!
McCaffrey
Horvath
Shipley
Epstein
Borghi was dinged up
TJ McDaniel
Where is Jackson McChesney? No third string reps?

Warhawk_46

Master
True, we have so few whites that are allowed to play/given a chance and many have been injured this year which hurts our chances of dispelling the notion that whites are not strong enough to take the pounding a running back takes.

Warhawk_46

Master
Apparently McCaffery suffered a setback and sat out practice altogether today. That or he was just given the day off entirely in hopes he will be ready for Sunday.

McCaffery being injured is bumming me out the most this season... I want so badly for him to stay on track for the HOF but he will not be able to if he is oft-injured as Burkhead became.

The injuries to the two running back who have had (or would have carries) the last few years is easy fodder for racist DWFs and media to say white men aren’t tough enough or strong enough to handle pounding the position receives.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I agree, he overtrained and bulked up too much, but reportedly cut back some this past offseason. Pulled hamstrings are very common, if he comes back in Week 6 and stays healthy the rest of the way this will be seen as a minor injury.
Yes he has to train hard to keep the muscle mass and his muscles are tight from this and pulls and tears can occur from this.

I wonder if this becomes an injury bug that he might not be converted to a slot receiver. I know Gifford was converted because of the masssive concussion he received from Concrete Charlie. CMAC is such a gifted receiver he could make an easy transition to the position.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cmac needs to stay lean & mean, a running back machine! Never lose your explosiveness. That's what made him elite. Don't change it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Warhawk_46

Master
He is still very lean and far from too bulky... he is 5’11” maybe 210 lbs tops. He is one of the leaner running backs already. Sure he has big arms, but he is not a big dude. He just has bad luck, plain and simple. Anyone can pull a hamstring or strain a shoulder or sprain an ankle.

Truly hoping this is just a blip on his overall career. He needs to stay at running back. Slot receiver is a white approved position and CMC needs to keep destroying the narrative.

wile

Master
Hate me for negativity this reminds me of a Paul Hornung interview I watched years ago. After he served his year's suspension Lombardi correctly assumed that the Golden Boy was soft and out of shape, so he assigned one of his workout warriors to round Hornung back into shape. It worked, as Paul said he felt he was in the best shape of his career, but it was a brittle shape and he got injured and really never recovered his former glory and kind of hung in there.

Years ago I thought I was in the best of shape considering my age, looked it, thought it but turns out I royally missed the flexibility in my hammies which gave me huge painful problems in my lower back. I'd bet a dollar that C-mac's instagram when it wasn't showing his hoochy momma's hot bod was of him hitting the iron in the usual gym rat way. Hope I'm wrong.

Christian McCaffrey has now lost due to injury two prime years, what may have been the two best years he would have had. Any RB has to be lucky regarding injury. McCaffrey was not lucky.

Warhawk_46

Master
Bad string of luck, that’s for sure. Similar to how JJ Watt has had a rash of injuries after being an iron man his first few years, like CMC. No hopefully CMac can come back in week 9 and put up some huge numbers running the ball - he has 200 yards already, even if he can barely hit 1,000 that will be hit for his career trajectory. And yeah, in my opinion he needs to lose that floozie - coincidence or not, she comes in the picture and he starts having health issues.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's true that the shelf life for a running back usually isn't very long, especially one that's been used as heavily as Christian has already. Hopefully he bounces back from this in a few weeks and has a healthy stretch and several more years of top-flight play.

The NFL has a never-ending merry-go-round of Black running backs that come and go and most are very easily replaced and quickly forgotten. It's an extremely rare White one who emerged a few years ago, and if he becomes injury prone and declines it's devastating because it could literally be a generation or more until the next one overcomes all the barriers placed in front of him and is successful. Running back and cornerback are the two positions above all others that are verboten to Whites.

I truly believe Rex Burkhead could have been a star with the Patriots after he was rescued from Marvin X's dump heap if he had stayed healthy as he has the strong all-around game and smarts that Belichick likes. Hopefully McCaffrey doesn't keep following Rex's career arc when it comes to injuries and returns to the top of the heap at his position.