Arizona Cardinals General Thread

Phall

Master
Murray publicly lobbied against this "film study clause" after signing the contract. Perhaps he and his agent didn't read the thing? Anyway, the team removed the clause (I'm also not sure how they can just automatically do this) because they didn't want to be racist against their stupid black franchise quarterback. Murray is now free to collect his guaranteed money without being held to any standard.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Murray publicly lobbied against this "film study clause" after signing the contract. Perhaps he and his agent didn't read the thing? Anyway, the team removed the clause (I'm also not sure how they can just automatically do this) because they didn't want to be racist against their stupid black franchise quarterback. Murray is now free to collect his guaranteed money without being held to any standard.

Muh Oppression! Just bitch a little and you'll get your way. If you're a Black Afflete in 2022 that is..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

wile

Master
Murray might be the shorter version of Randall Cunningham, lot of hype, lot of running about headless chicken style making a few splash plays, I don't think the Eagles went anywhere with him. So he retires a bit early for reasons but then comes back and signs with the Vikings and here is the kicker he admitted he never ever studied anything and now with a little study and I think young Randy Moss and Chris Carter he produced a bit. This is all from memory so there might be some inaccuracies.

Sean89

Mentor
Isabella lead the receivers last night. Just seen the stats but a 36 yard long, showing what's he all about.

Surely someone has to trade for this man.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
McSorely spun out of a sack on that 36yd completion to Isabella! Beautiful all around play.

Phall

Master
I always considered Trace McSorely to be a rich man's Lamar Jackson. Baltimore had relegated him to the practice squad. Ironically, he is more valuable to the frothing anti-white Arizona franchise as their third quarterback than he was to the team that drafted him. Now, he can be a rich man's Kyler Murray.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kliff "Anyone but Andy Isabella" Kucksbury is still at it. Undrafted free agent Dortch like Moore is just 5' 7". Last year it was someone named Antoine Wesley who played when the Cardinals were banged up at receiver. Anyone but Andy:

Rondale Moore (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday.​

Back-to-back DNPs put Moore on the doubtful side of questionable for Week 2's game against the Raiders. Moore looked to have a golden opportunity to put up some fantasy numbers with DeAndre Hopkins sidelined, but instead it was the Greg Dortch show in Week 1. It's starting to look like Dortch will get another chance at big target numbers in Week 2.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Anyone but Andy is right. I hope Arizona continues to struggle this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Anyone but Andy is right. I hope Arizona continues to struggle this season.

Cardinals is translated to Cardi-B. Lmao. Yes let's hope they continue to lose like they do every year. But they are happy with their optics.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Greg Dortch is 5'7" with a 4.6 40 time, very slow for that size. Last year he started on four different occasions and finished the season with 52 catches for 467 yards, or a pathetic 9.0 yards per reception. I know it's beating a dead horse but this is one of the receivers Andy Isabella supposedly couldn't beat out before finally being cut. And Greg Dortch the legend has been re-signed by the Cardinals for the upcoming season, while Isabella is most likely finished in the NFL:

Cardinals re-signed WR Greg Dortch to a one-year contract.​

Dortch was an exclusive rights free agent, so the Cardinals only had to offer him the veteran minimum salary on a one-year deal. He is expected to make $1 million in 2023. Dortch totaled 52 catches for 467 yards and a pair of touchdowns in 2022. He cracked the starting lineup four times because of injuries to other Arizona receivers. With DeAndre Hopkins on the trade block, it's possible Dortch takes on a larger role in the upcoming season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The more I learn about Clayton Tune the more I like him. He's composed and accurate with great throwing form, and ran a 4.64 40 at the Combine and is a terrific athlete. Has good size too at 6' 2 1/2" and 220 pounds. I can see him making a splash in training camp and maybe even being the starter for the first part of the season while Kyler Murray's out.

The new regime in Arizona may not be enamored with Murray, who looked pretty bad last season even before his knee injury and he has a ridiculous contract that last several more years, so who knows? Maybe Murray will be traded to one of the more gullible super-Caste franchises and the Cardinals decide to continue their rebuild with Tune. Optimistic scenario for sure, but I was checking the alleged "scouting reports" on Tune and his supposed deficiencies seem more made up than real. Looks and acts like an NFL starter to me. Any thoughts from Leonardfan and others?

Here's Tune's senior season highlights:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The more I learn about Clayton Tune the more I like him. He's composed and accurate with great throwing form, and ran a 4.64 40 at the Combine and is a terrific athlete. Has good size too at 6' 2 1/2" and 220 pounds. I can see him making a splash in training camp and maybe even being the starter for the first part of the season while Kyler Murray's out.

The new regime in Arizona may not be enamored with Murray, who looked pretty bad last season even before his knee injury and he has a ridiculous contract that last several more years, so who knows? Maybe Murray will be traded to one of the more gullible super-Caste franchises and the Cardinals decide to continue their rebuild with Tune. Optimistic scenario for sure, but I was checking the alleged "scouting reports" on Tune and his supposed deficiencies seem more made up than real. Looks and acts like an NFL starter to me. Any thoughts from Leonardfan and others?

Here's Tune's senior season highlights:

I thought Tune was a very good college QB - a dual threat but of course not talked up because he didn't have the magical melanin. He played well and put up huge numbers, has several years as a starter so the experience is there. He improved every year as a starter. He has the "arm talent", is mobile and accurate. Like you the optimist in me wants him to do well with this opportunity. Murray is a bad qb, seems to be a poor teammate and the tide is slowly turning against him by the fan base. We can only hope Brock Purdy becomes more the rule than the exception and root for Tune to have a similar career path.

There is even a built caste case regarding Tune. You can compare him with his former teammate - another manlet in D'Eriq King who was very much hyped up at Houston - Heisman talk etc. The typical artificial hype that come with being a black QB. When King transferred to Miami I remember watching the broadcast and the announcers were talking about him as being worthy of first round consideration in the draft.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
To see the Cardinals move on from Murray would be a dream come true.

I agree with what you both said about Clayton Tune. I like the kid alot! Very talented and hungry to shine in the Desert!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Cardinals surprisingly had a noticeable sprinkling of White players on defense last year but now most of them are no longer with the team and they should have their traditional hard-core Caste roster this year as most corporate sports media analysts expect them to be one of the worst teams in the NFL in '23. As we discussed above, I'm hoping for rookie Clayton Tune to win the starting QB job during training camp over Colt McCoy as Kyler Murray continues his rehab from his torn ACL and then in the best case scenario keep it even after the over-rated Murray returns.

Second year OLB/DE Cameron Thomas should also start and has been receiving good pub of late, like this article: