2024 Outdoor season

freedom1

Mentor
Was looking up track vids this morning and came across this. Thought it was kind of interesting.

mastermulti

Master
I see Jamaica has a new threat for world sprint dominance. There will be some great sprinting generally in Paris. I'd love to see someone knock Bolt off the records perch

freedom1

Mentor
Yes. Kishane Thompson has shown remarkable development over the past two seasons.

Charles Dobson won the 400 at the English trials with a nice 44.5.

greyghost

Mentor
I don’t see anyone beating femke bol ....or karsten Warholm in the 400 hurdles......mark my word ...they are super tough competitors .......
And otherwise the doped Jamaica team will raid there way to dirty medals ...and Kerley who stuttered all season suddenly throws down 9.8s when he needs to , alter the muck with gear changes.......
Shacarri is off her tits on dope ....just look who is coaching her !,,..
Once again the inept iaaf and Olympic movement allow cooperate money to dictate and let the doped scum continue to compete

greyghost

Mentor
And note ..coby Hilton for me is a very very talented young man ..who still physically looks weak ...more 120s in trading for him until he knocks down a solid 200 meters ...
Blaskowski is the real deal ..I hope he continues to base himself at la cross ..as he has benefited from the coaching ...and at this stage he deserves his sponsor .....noted Hilton was wearing ‘ rabbit’ running gear

greyghost

Mentor
Note ..also reckon Alexander doom and Charlie Dobson can upset the apple cart in Paris ...both quality and mentally tough competitors ....role on the 400 meters ...

greyghost

Mentor
And tortu over the deuce ...he left the euro title behind him for sure ...
I reckon tortu is very close to going 19.9 s ..and will go there in Paris ....and yes watch out for Rutledge of Texas in the coming year ...he is a phenomenal relay runner ..saw him several times on leg four run very fast rolling times which are a really good indication of potential ....

greyghost

Mentor
And a word to Matthew boling ...find yourself the same coach who looking after coby Hilton and go back to what you started at ..100/ 200 ..lj ......the idiots at Georgia forced you into the 400 ...

greyghost

Mentor
Boling is not a natural quarter ..and would be making a team USA in the 200 and or the LJ had his coaching ticket not changed at Georgia ...he need to go back to them and get them to break him down ..get his self belief back and become the athlete we know he can be .....
And it’s shocking how many American white athletes have no real sponsorship ...nuts ...
Well there you have it..there my 2 cents ...good to see the site is still going ....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A new UK 800m female star won the British trials on Sunday.She's 17 Phoebe Gill

She has alot of talent. The United Kingdom always impresses me with the amount of talent they have from a smaller country compared
to the United States of America. Glad to have you join the board koalalou. Many track fans here.

Also glad to see greyghost back. It's been a long time and I'm glad to see you back brother!

koalalou

She has alot of talent. The United Kingdom always impresses me with the amount of talent they have from a smaller country compared
to the United States of America. Glad to have you join the board koalalou. Many track fans here.

Also glad to see greyghost back. It's been a long time and I'm glad to see you back brother!
Thank you.
I started running in my mid 30s and trained with two young girls who later were on the British team.One is now a regular commentator and was an European silver medalist at 1500m
If only I knew I had a talent in my younger years.
I have an 18 year old who was a regional swimmer and cross country runner before sadly becoming unwell
Cross country is predominantly a white sport in the younger age groups in the UK

mastermulti

Master
Yes. Kishane Thompson has shown remarkable development over the past two seasons.

Charles Dobson won the 400 at the English trials with a nice 44.5.
interesting re: Dobson, since their 400m record holder raced and won the 200m instead.
Looks like Hudson-Smith will have a team-mate in Charlie Dobson for the 400m in Paris. So glad he's finally had an injury free preparation

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah man, that Charlie Dobson could really be in the mix. He has 44.38 PB (he ran in same race when Doom did his 44.15). It's interesting that he also has a 6.59 PB for the 60 (the guy has major speed). Dobson is only 24, so has all kinds of upside. Doom is 27 and probably near his peak. I could see Doom breaking 44.0 at the Olympics and getting into the medals. Dobson is like a wild card.

I wonder what is up with Havard Bental Invaldsen (HBI). He had a PB of 44.39 in 2023, but has only managed a 45.37 this year. He is only 21 years old, so any injuries should clear up relatively quickly.