2024 Outdoor season

sprintstar

Master
Yep, glad to see her back. She now has a nasty scar on her thigh that's for sure. When healthy and in sprint shape she is a real burner. I think by next year she will be knocking on sub 11 and high 21.00's. I do believe she will be the sprint queen for GB in the next 3-4 years dethroning Neita and Asher-Smith...both quality sprinters.

sprintstar

Master
Did anybody pickup on Patrizia Van Der Weken's National record for Luxemburg of 11.00+2 wind at the Euro Champs? She then placed 4th in 11.04 to Swoboda's and Dasso's 11.03 in the final.

freedom1

Mentor
Sam said he would like to go pro. He has a 10.09 PB at age 21, and he's getting great experience running against the top dogs at the trials.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sam said he would like to go pro. He has a 10.09 PB at age 21, and he's getting great experience running against the top dogs at the trials.

I love the fact that he has gotten so much experience as a freshman and sophmore. I see big things in his junior & senior years
of college. That was a great interview. One to watch for sure!

freedom1

Mentor
I agree, the next couple of years are going to be big for him. He ran a wind legal 10.17 at the trials today.

Warhawk_46

Master
Man has Boling fallen off hard.

At this point Blaskowski is a better prospect for us.

freedom1

Mentor
It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. He is short sprinter trying to run the 400. All things considered; he's doing phenomenally well.

And how did that 16-year-old kid run that time? Someone get God on the phone!!

mastermulti

Master
It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. He is short sprinter trying to run the 400. All things considered; he's doing phenomenally well.

And how did that 16-year-old kid run that time? Someone get God on the phone!!
he's a good 6 ft (1.83m). In whose world is that short?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling is not contesting the 200, but I see John Rutledge is on the list.

It's sad but that is what these so called coach's have done to one of the most elite talents that we have seen in many, many decades!
I wonder if he was trained in a different manner than others? Fair questions to ask. On thing is for sure. He was over raced in all 4 years
of college and his first year as a pro has been no different. Way too many races for even a teenager let along a 24 year old. He is running
on tired and dead legs.

If Boling ever reads this go back to what made you famous. ONLY RUN THE 100 and 200 METERS from here on out until you retire. Switch
to a different coach who only trains 100 and 200 meters sprinter. Carl Lewis is an obvious choice but there are many others. Dan Phaff comes to mind and he has coached almost 50 olympians! There are many others but change coach's and give up the 400 forever!

Good luck to John Rutledge even though he has a better chance of winning the powerball lottery than getting out of the rounds.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have countless National Championships all across Europe this weekend. Also the Canadian Track Champs. Should be some great times
if the conditions are right. I think many men & women were not near peak condition for the Euro Champs as the Olympics is the far bigger goal for all of them. Hope to see a slight improvement in times from many of the athletes and hopefully the sprinters too!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In the US Champs Sam Blaskowski will also be in the 200 meters. Despite him having no chance I like him mixing it up with faster guys.

Abby Steiner will be running in the 200 meter Heats. Hope she is ok as she pulled out of the 100 semi finals.

sprintstar

Master
I think Steiner and Prandini will make it out of the prelims but will be hard pressed to make the finals....hope I am wrong..

I think Boling is being held out of the 200m intentionally especially if he is added to the 400m pool for the USA team for the Olympics

sprintstar

Master
yup she is a babe alright. If her coach is doing a good job then kudos to him but in Canada is there not a white coach who could do just as well?

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, when I saw the coach, I thought the same thing, i.e., major lost potential.

She has freaky top speed like Lemaitre did, but needs more explosiveness.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
16 year old Joel Masters of England contiues to run fast despite running track for only around 1 year so far. He recently ran a new
personal best time of 10.40 wind legal. Joel Masters won't be 17 until September so he is looking exceptional for a 16 year old who
has little training under him. Maybe he will go above & beyond what Craig PIckering did? I sure hope so as he has so much talent!

727XKU6U8NOM68OOPTUK.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah, when I saw the coach, I thought the same thing, i.e., major lost potential.

She has freaky top speed like Lemaitre did, but needs more explosiveness.

The same with Boling. It's funny how our people with the highest top end are not strong starters. I blame that mostly on the coaching
when the sprinter is not that tall. Usain Bolt and Carl Lewis were never good starters but it didn't matter.

I honesty believe that they could vastly improve her starts just like Boling. Just alot of plyometrics and block work. It's all about explosivness.

Even in basketball Mac McClung got his 50 inch vertical through countless plyometrics drills since he was a little kid. He still does them and that is why he has won back to back nba dunk contests. Get a real sprints coach's who know's everything about the 60 and 100 meters
sprints and the problem would be solved.