2024 Outdoor season

Cleatis

Ohh, ouch...John Rutledge, white boy out of Texas missed the finals of the 200m by 0.05 seconds! that sucks.

white is right

Hall of Famer
didn't see the final but Trey Cunningham finished last, much have hit alot of the hurdles....
No he was in the mix early and by about the 70 meter mark he was passed by most sprinters and seemed to give up, there may be more to the story than his quitting mid race.

Rutledge punched above his weight in a very deep 200m field he will be one of the favorites at the NCAA level next season.

There is a new teen sensation in the 400m hurdles who is White and he's named Vance Nilsson. He could be a factor in the 400m hurdles for the next decade or more if he keeps progressing.

Also CJ. Allen and Trevor Bassitt both made the final but it could be a numbers game as who will make the team as really there are only 2 open spots less an injury or fall on the part of Benjamin as he looks in Olympic medal form.

sprintstar

Master
finally got a chance to watch Trey Cunningham's 110mh final and he had a very poor outing. Slow at the start then he hit or clipped 7 of the 10 hurdles.... I think he must have been extremely nervous and tight as he is a 13 flat guy not a 13.30's guy. Some will say he choked...

sprintstar

Master
Audrey Leduc wins the Canadian Olympic trials 100m. Slow time of 11.20 but he is going to Olympics. Third place finisher LeClair is white as well and she is gong as well, she is also on the women 4x100m relay team that qualified. On a side note the quality of the track surface looks like it is at least 10 years old....

freedom1

Mentor
Audrey Leduc wins the Canadian Olympic trials 100m. Slow time of 11.20 but he is going to Olympics. Third place finisher LeClair is white as well and she is gong as well, she is also on the women 4x100m relay team that qualified. On a side note the quality of the track surface looks like it is at least 10 years old....

Audrey managed an 11.09 in the semis.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some of todays 100 times in the National Championships.

Belgium Champs: Simon Verherstraeten 10.15 +0.6

Germany Champs: Yannick Wolf 10.16 +0.5 (I was sad to see Julian Reus German 100 National Record of 10.01 get beat by Ansah)

Gina Luekenkemper 11.04 +0.2

Italian Champs: Matteo Melluzzo 10.12 +1.0
Samuelle Ceccarelli 10.21 +1.0

Not too much else on a quick glance to report.

freedom1

Mentor
didn't see the final but Trey Cunningham finished last, much have hit alot of the hurdles....
I don't see Trey as a guy who would choke. He just had a bad day at the wrong time. It happens. There are still a bunch of Diamond League events that will happen this year. Hopefully, he can get over to Europe and get a new PB before the season is out. He's obviously in great shape.

freedom1

Mentor
This Simon Verherstraeten is a new name for me. I see on his profile he is 25 and has a PB of 10.10. It would be cool if he still has some upside. It is sad to see the German 100-meter record held by a non-German. There is a vid of that race on Youtube, and all the crowd and announcers were making a big deal out of it. It just sat really wrong with me when I watched it.

Texas Flash

Trey was coming off injury and hadnt really gotten into shape to run rounds. His expectations werent there as he knew the reality of his situation. Like you said he could still perform really well at some Diamond League events later this season.

freedom1

Mentor
Speaking of injuries, it appears Abby Steiner's injury and subsequent surgery have really set her back as she only managed a 6th place, 22.24 finish in the 200 meter final at the trials.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some exciting news for a change. Simon Hansen from Denmark just ran a time of 10.11 +0.1 for a new personal best. He just turned 26
this month so he is in his prime years as a sprinter. This has been a huge break though year for him as he also has ran a new p.b. indoors
over 60 meters of 6.58! His 200 meters p.b. of 20.49 came back in 2021 but he doesn't run that event much anymore. I think he can easily
break it now with this new found speed. Simon Hansen has two different youtube channels and he has so much great advice for anyone
trying to be a faster sprinter and better all around athlete. You guys should check it out.

Another bit of good news shocked me. Jan Volko of the Czech Republic ran a time of 10.17 today. His p.b. of 10.13 came years ago and most
of us here didn't expect to see him return to that form. It's a great suprise and I'm sure it will motivate him more less than a month until the Olympcs in Paris, France!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young sprinter to keep a close eye on is Filip Federic of Slovenia. The 20 year old recently ran a wind legal time of 10.24 to go along
with his 200 p.b. of 20.88. The kid should have alot of upside and he is showing fine form. He does need to improve his start & drive phase
dramatically though. His 60 meters p.b. is only a 6.75! Improve that and you will see some eye popping times in the future.

proxy-image

sportnet.sme.sk

sprintstar

Master
Parker Valby places 2nd to a kenyan in the 10,000 but is going to the Olympics....well done and good luck against all the African drug cheats....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna make a prediction. I think that Henrik Larsson is on the verge of another sub 10.10 & possibly a sub 10 soon.
He has been really consistant in most of his races this year. Larsson is saving his peak for the Olympics like most athletes. I
believe he could just very well break though. Here are some of his races this year all mostly wind legal.

10.17 +0.2

10.16 +0.7

10.15 windy

10.14 +0.7

10.08 +0.3

So he is running these times easier & easier with little wind to help him That's a good thing as it shows his natural speed. Don't
be surprised if we see this young man go sub 10 before or by the Olympics a month away!

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Parker Valby places 2nd to a kenyan in the 10,000 but is going to the Olympics....well done and good luck against all the African drug cheats....
Both CJ. Allen and Trevor Bassitt booked tickets to Paris but will have their hands full if the big 3 are in form in Paris. As I suspected Benjamin set a trials record in 46.46 and if all big 3 runners are in form there may not be room for others on the podium.

This board doesn't talk about the 800m event but Bryce Hoppel just set a new trials record and punched his ticket to Paris with Hobbs Kessler making both the 800 and 1500m team this is the first time an American man has done this since Montreal in 76'.

Hoppel will be a contender for a podium spot in Paris.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Both CJ. Allen and Trevor Bassitt booked tickets to Paris but will have their hands full if the big 3 are in form in Paris. As I suspected Benjamin set a trials record in 46.46 and if all big 3 runners are in form there may not be room for others on the podium.

This board doesn't talk about the 800m event but Bryce Hoppel just set a new trials record and punched his ticket to Paris with Hobbs Kessler making both the 800 and 1500m team this is the first time an American man has done this since Montreal in 76'.

Hoppel will be a contender for a podium spot in Paris.
It was a pretty decent trials overall. It would‘ve been nice if we got a little more white representation in the sprints but such is the name of the game in the US. 800m and above, white runners dominated, and blacks in charge of all the sprints. In-field events were also mostly whites taking the qualifying spots, although it seems white athletes have absolutely no interest in the any of the jumping events.

Grant Fisher looked good today completing the double by winning the 5000m after the 10k last week. He may have an outside chance at a medal, as do a couple of our runners in the 800/1500m.

One note about the men’s 200m final. Christian Coleman finished 4th with a time of 19.89 and missed qualifying for the team. You needed to go sub 19.80 to make team USA. It’s insanely competitive (just like the 100m) with a constant mix of college and high school runners coming up the ranks.

For those suggesting Matthew Boling should switch back to 100/200, he literally has no chance here, The 400 is far less competitive and he was originally a 400 runner in high school before running the 100 in his senior year. His best chance to carve out a decent career as a sprinter is to work on his deficiencies in the 400 and who knows, that may even help his 200.

sprintstar

Master
Sydney is gotta be on the juice, if she turns in a time like that in Paris Bol has no chance of winning.........I'd say most of the female hurdlers are on the Yam diet, those are insane times for W 100m hurdles.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was a pretty decent trials overall. It would‘ve been nice if we got a little more white representation in the sprints but such is the name of the game in the US. 800m and above, white runners dominated, and blacks in charge of all the sprints. In-field events were also mostly whites taking the qualifying spots, although it seems white athletes have absolutely no interest in the any of the jumping events.

Grant Fisher looked good today completing the double by winning the 5000m after the 10k last week. He may have an outside chance at a medal, as do a couple of our runners in the 800/1500m.

One note about the men’s 200m final. Christian Coleman finished 4th with a time of 19.89 and missed qualifying for the team. You needed to go sub 19.80 to make team USA. It’s insanely competitive (just like the 100m) with a constant mix of college and high school runners coming up the ranks.

For those suggesting Matthew Boling should switch back to 100/200, he literally has no chance here, The 400 is far less competitive and he was originally a 400 runner in high school before running the 100 in his senior year. His best chance to carve out a decent career as a sprinter is to work on his deficiencies in the 400 and who knows, that may even help his 200.

You couldn't be more wrong. Have you ever heard of a Wind Correction Calculator in Track?

Matthew Bolings 19.92 -0.9 translates into a 19.83 with no wind and a 19.69 with +2.0 legal wind.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Swiss Sprinter Felix Svensson ran a new p.b. of 20.31 +0.4 in the 200 Meters. Fine time by the young man. We need more or our
white sprinters to excel in the 200 meters. We have Filippo Tortu with his 20.15 a couple of months ago. Also the Italian Sprinter
Andrea Federici who has run 20.35 wind legal this year. Hope more guys will double up or pick the 200 meters to compete!