2023 NFL Week 17

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Even Collinsworth knows Hall isn’t NFL caliber. Man up KOC and start Mullens 2nd half.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Vikings must have got the memo to throw this one. This is utterly pathetic. More horrendous tackling from affletes in the secondary.

Harrison Smith whiffed on that one too. I’ve noticed they never let Smith roam the center of the field anymore. More of an in box extra LB.. Waste of all of his talents if you ask me.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mullins throws for over 400 yards last week but cuck O'Connell starts Jaren Hall who has 59 yards close to halftime. Makes perfect sense for a team hanging on trying to make the playoffs, not
This has to be an all-time stupid decision and one wonders how much racial politics clouded his thinking.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Alex Erickson with 98 yards for Chargers, his best game since 2019 (he had 137 for Bengals)
Erickson has always been good when given an opportunity. But he’s already 31 and has been treated like a typical White receiver; ignored or Caste away. Like how the Jets treated him out of preseason. Clearly one of their top options but cut for turds like Lazard, Cobb, Brownlee and Xavier Gibson. I’d argue that Erickson would have been their 2nd best receiver after Garrett Wilson as all of these other guys are bums.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This has to be an all-time stupid decision and one wonders how much racial politics clouded his thinking.
Yep, and he's the head coach of one of the few teams that can be called relatively White friendly, what a clown show.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Stinker of a game. Couldn’t handle anymore. See ya in ‘24 fellas.

Hartline

Guru
Mullins in now after the disastrous decision to bench him has cost Minnesota their season.

Quota backs cost them a playoff spot. Only team in the division with a white starter all season in Detroit won that division.

Next best team was Minnesota with a healthy Kirk Cousins. If they just persisted with Mullins they might have made it in.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Not to mention the Lions still going for the two point from the seven yard line.
I like Campbell, but that was terrible. Kick the XP and trust your team to get the win.

He is an expert in motivation, but he has a mid IQ at best.

I think their is an acceptable range of measurements dependent upon position. I don't think 37" arms are a must for an offensive tackle, I don't think a 4.3/low 4.4 40 is necessary for a WR. Alot of the combine is just window dressing and putting lipstick on a pig for many athletes to justify draft stock.

Not an exact answer I know but generally speaking way too much emphasis is put on combine/pro days.

You can look at Bryce Young - undersized, average physical ability, plug and play starter, did not perform any sort of pro day workouts and got a pass. Anthony Richardson was the other side - not great on the field, inaccurate but a workout warrior. Somehow those two polar opposites were viewed as the 1st and 4th best players in the draft.

John Ross is one of the biggest busts in recent memory ran a fast 40 with no emphasis or look at how he was on the field playing the position. Toney is another benefactor of a combine workout. There are too many too list.

Deceleration, and the ability to change direction, I would argue is way more important for a rb than a fast 40. But I think the idea of “athleticism” is always talked about in a narrow sense (for obvious reasons). Athleticism is sport specific and is very hard to quantify bc the body is infinitely complex. For example how do we measure an athlete’s CNS, which controls everything? How about their neural drive and synaptic connections for various motor movements? We have all known that guy who’s good in practice but sucks in games so why is that? One correlation is heart rate variability so it could be his body can’t uptake GABA well so his heart is racing during games and his performance suffers. Or how about the density of muscle spindles which help determine our reflex time, explosive power, the ability to relax and contract specific muscles and proprioception. There’s probably millions of proteins encoded in our dna which makes us more athletic in one sport vs another so when these retards just boil “athleticism” down to- run fast 40 and/or-jumps high without putting that skill into a sport specific context and without realizing that that’s nothing compared to our genetic code, body structure, and CNS it’s typical low iq thinking of these modern times
I appreciate the responses. I’ve always wondered about all the other measurements at the combine that seem to be completely ignored by the sports media. And like Jphoss alluded to there’s probably a bunch of advanced metrics and analytics that could be measured as well. But I’m betting they’d mostly favor white athletes and that’s unacceptable.

Look how they used to always disparage the wonderlic and eventually got rid of it. Instead we’re told the only thing that matters is a useless test of straight line speed without even wearing padding. What’s the point of running 3/10 of a second faster as wr if your hand eye coordination sucks? I’m sure they could come up with a way to test for that but white lineman would score higher than superstar black receivers

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Worth noting that TJ Watt and Trey Hendrickson lead the NFL with 17 sacks each.

Other Whites in the top 20 are Crosby (13.5), Nick Bosa (10.5), Karlaftis (10.5), Sieler (9.5) and Hutchinson (9.5).

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Worth noting that TJ Watt and Trey Hendrickson lead the NFL with 17 sacks each.

Other Whites in the top 20 are Crosby (13.5), Nick Bosa (10.5), Karlaftis (10.5), Sieler (9.5) and Hutchinson (9.5).
Adjusted for the amount of white defensive lineman that is insane.

wile

Master
Hall's wife is gorgeous though. Too bad we get flustered at the antics of the agents of chaos primarily driven by the semites with their cockamamie racial theories. I have the game recorded I am gonna finish watching it just for the sadistic pleasure of seeing BSPN/NFL Networks choice of QBs flame out hard.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Maybe not the right thread but the Pro Bowl
Rosters are out. Pretty much what you
would expect.

Defense
4 of 6 DEs (Hutch, Bosa, Crosby, Hendrickson)
One LB (Watt)

Offense
3 of 4 TEs (Kelce, Kittle, LaPorta)
One tackle (Johnson)
Both FBs ( Juice and Ingold)
One RB ( C-Mac)
All Centers and Guards (10 total)
2 of 6 QBs (Purdy, Stafford)
Others on special teams

Warhawk_46

Master
Crazy to think the push for black tackles… whites are generally much better.

I saw Shipley declared for the draft. While I wish he would return to school for a monster senior year, it seems in the early stage he is a second/third rounder and could very well be our second pro bowler at running back soon. He has the talent to do so.

wile

Master
Well I tried to finish watching the Pack - Viking game just could not do it. I bailed after watching Chrissie describe and show how open the Packers' WR were. Did the Vikings go out and purposely not play pass D?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Minnesota apparently had zero desire to win that one.. Over When O’Connell announced Hall a starter.

I do agree their pass D was atrocious, giving huge cushions. But that’s the norm these days.

Warhawk_46

Master
To have pass defense stand out as atrocious in an era of abysmal pass defense and defensive back play in general says a lot…

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still waiting for the first corporate media article deploring the state of talent and play at any position other than quarterback or tight end.