2023 NFL Week 16

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pickett has made throws like that 1st TD. If I recall he made a similar throw last Christmas Eve. Happy for Rudolph as he played a great game but still think that Pickett would have the Steelers at a better record if he had not been injured.
They've been very few and far between, but a good part of it is because he was held back by their offensive scheme. It was a little better for him after Matt Canada was finally fired, so we'll see how he plays when he comes back from injury, maybe next week. But it won't be surprising if Rudolph stays the starter next week as the Steelers still have a slim chance to make the playoffs and Rudolph looked very comfortable today.

Snow Plow

Mentor
I have Peacock and the stream is not great. Reminds me of watching MLB.com 20 years ago.

Great day for Mason Rudolph. He had 290 passing yards and 2 passing TDs. He also stiff-armed a defender, running for a first down at the goal line and later on he astutely prevented a safety by running the ball out of his own end zone after RB Jaylen Warren slipped.

T.J Watt also garnered a sack, bringing his total to 17 on the season. Trey Hendrickson also had 1 sack on the day.

Also of note is 11 total tackles for Logan Wilson including 1 TFL.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Great day for Mason Rudolph. He had 290 passing yards and 2 passing TDs. He also stiff-armed a defender, running for a first down at the goal line and later on he astutely prevented a safety by running the ball out of his own end zone after RB Jaylen Warren slipped.

T.J Watt also garnered a sack, bringing his total to 17 on the season. Trey Hendrickson also had 1 sack on the day.

Also of note is 11 total tackles for Logan Wilson including 1 TFL.
Great points…not much for us in the late games. Allen playing well enough to win and Easton Stick looks like he can play. Not much else as Kincaid and Knox just have one catch each.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Erickson with a huge catch late and is now 2-26. He got a tip of the cap from Chrissy. Ha

backrow

Hall of Famer
Well, Bills are still on track to get back into the playoffs picture. I'm happy for Allen to have a good enough game (2 TDs on the ground, one passing).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle Philips is inactive with a hamstring injury. Unfortunately, like other White receivers (Trent Taylor comes quickly to mind), Kyle can't stay healthy and the odds now are against him ever becoming an NFL starter, especially for Tennessee and Castetard Mike Vrabel.

Cleveland would be undefeated if they started the season with Flacco. Still have no clue what they were thinking paying Watson that money.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's awesome how good Joe Flacco has been for the blackest team in NFL history, better than Watson and their other QBs combined. Will he keep his starting gig for them next year or will the organization's rabid anti-White racism still prevail?

It's been a great season for White QBs-- starters, old starters like Flacco, and backups who've gotten to play. Just like with tight end and linebacker, good old Whitey usually produces very well when given an opportunity.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's awesome how good Joe Flacco has been for the blackest team in NFL history, better than Watson and their other QBs combined. Will he keep his starting gig for them next year or will the organization's rabid anti-White racism still prevail?

It's been a great season for White QBs-- starters, old starters, and backups who've gotten to play. Just like with tight end and linebacker, good old Whitey usually produces very well when given an opportunity.

Flacco's out of nowhere story has certainly been a highlight of the second half of the season. Aesthetically watching him throw the ball is fun to see and he seems to be throwing long passes at higher success rates than many QBs in the league. I doubt he gets any shot at the starting job next year. The Watson trade and contract might become one of the biggest mistakes/jokes in league history. It's a shame that a White QB is bailing out a rabidly anti-White GM and a beta head coach but without delving too much into those details Flacco's renaissance has been fun.

Another positive Cleveland adjacent piece of news is that Mayfield has the Bucs in playoff contention.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Redskins have given up on Rivera. Howell's future with the team will be in question as the Redskin fanbase will clamor for another black savior at QB.

Snow Plow

Mentor

It's been a great season for White QBs-- starters, old starters like Flacco, and backups who've gotten to play. Just like with tight end and linebacker, good old Whitey usually produces very well when given an opportunity.
Agree. Speaking of LBs, Anzalone had an excellent sack at the 3 yard line, but it was called back due to a penalty.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Flacco with a mere 246 passing yards at halftime in The Great Replacement Bowl, Browns vs. Texans, one of the two games being fed to my market. Houston's alleged strong defense is non-existent against a competent "old school" QB, one given up for dead by the rest of the league.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Mason Kinsey with a catch for the Titans. He is an undrafted WR out of Berry College. Never heard of him or Berry College, but good to see!

Yep! Thank you. Nice to know I am not crazy in my analysis of QBs lol.
Quarterbacking, like all things pertaining to athleticism, is both an art and a science. I think coaches in today's game at all levels too often become enamored with the art of their QB's athletic ability. What you see in HS is what you'll get in the NFL. This is especially true for Black QBs who either don't get the proper coaching or fail to take advantage of it.

I have nothing against athletes with unconventional mechanics. Far from it. But I do think it helps to throw the ball and drop back properly. Footwork in particular is becoming a lost art.

This might be a controversial statement but I think the emphasis on shotgun passing has done more harm than good for the position as a whole and maybe even the game itself. I really think it benefits a young QB to learn the game from under center.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Adam Thielen with only 24 yards so far, may struggle to get a 1000 yard season. He's just over a 100 away from it.

Rocky B

Master
Jake Bobo has his one catch already, seems like that's his quota.
I saw that catch. I thought they were going to tack on a late hit.
They gave him the business a bit. The flag was for something else, of course....

Rocky B

Master
Thielen with a couple more catches.....
They’ll be doing nothing but chucking it for the rest of the game.

915 for the year....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thielen with a couple more catches.....
They’ll be doing nothing but chucking it for the rest of the game.

915 for the year....
Finishes 6/94 on the worst offense in the league.