2022 NFL Week 17

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It looked to me like when he went to make the tackle the receiver hit him in the chest with his helmet. Could be sternum or ribs? Yes, we discuss the state of the NFL, but as a parent whose had a son play this game and see injuries, I've never wanted to see any player injured.
Praying for this young man and family.

Well said.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Of course I hope Hamlin is ok and recovers from whatever caused him to go into cardiac arrest (?). However seeing the replay the tackle / hit looked fairly routine. I do have to wonder what other medical condition he had and what, if anything, caused it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
wonder if he had cardiac arrest from the vaccine
That's what crossed my mind. Reminded me of a number of videos I've seen of soccer and basketball players collapsing. Hope he comes out of it ok. Looks like the game may be postponed unless there's some good news shortly about his condition.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Of course I hope Hamlin is ok and recovers from whatever caused him to go into cardiac arrest (?). However seeing the replay the tackle / hit looked fairly routine. I do have to wonder what other medical condition he had and what, if anything, caused it.

Not trying to speculate or anything but on twitter the term "commotio cordis" is being used to describe what happened - blunt force trauma to the chest causes the heart to stop.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It looked to me like when he went to make the tackle the receiver hit him in the chest with his helmet. Could be sternum or ribs? Yes, we discuss the state of the NFL, but as a parent whose had a son play this game and see injuries, I've never wanted to see any player injured.
Praying for this young man and family.
In reviewing the hit again. Yes, it looked fairly routine, but he took a shot to the chest with mostly the receiver's shoulder pad and some helmet.

Rocky B

Master
I haven’t seen any clips (or talks about) the previous x amount of plays....Had something happened a few plays earlier that left him woozy?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not trying to speculate or anything but on twitter the term "commotio cordis" is being used to describe what happened - blunt force trauma to the chest causes the heart to stop.
He definitely too a hard shot to the chest. I thought maybe it injured the sternum or ribs, which can cause difficulty in breathing.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
What's concerning is the length of time not hearing any news. I remember when Dale Earnhardt crashed at Daytona in 2001, it took a long time to get the news that he had passed.
Hoping and praying that's not the case here.

Warhawk_46

Master
In reviewing the hit again. Yes, it looked fairly routine, but he took a shot to the chest with mostly the receiver's shoulder pad and some helmet.
I will say I think we will continue to see strange heart-related issues post clot shot. It has all been part of the NWO agenda to kill off a sizable percent of the population. The next couple of years are going to be brutal and an awakening.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I said a prayer for him. Whether it's from the you know what or something else, it's a horrible thing to see. Hope he is ok.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I haven’t seen any clips (or talks about) the previous x amount of plays....Had something happened a few plays earlier that left him woozy?
A few plays earlier another safety was taken off the field with a concussion. I initially assumed it was still the same player having complications. The hit as others said seemed routine but hitting the chest with a blunt force can stop the heart. This sadly kills players at the high school level more than any other level because of the sheer number of players.

It's a very scary sight...

PS updating Hamlin's medical status he is breathing with a breathing apparatus and is in critical condition. This doesn't look good at all, awful news so far. https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/63950/damar-hamlin

Last edited:
I remember Chuck Hughes in 1971. He was not hit but fell over dead late in a Bears-Lions game. It was found he had a heart condition.

We hope Damar Hamlin will recover. The hit looked harder than mere "routine," especially since it was in the chest.

Last edited:
Very sad to see that happened. I would hope it was a white player he would get the same coverage. Let’s hope he makes though

Warhawk_46

Master
Reports are he suffered cardiac arrest during the game. The hit was the kind that happens to each player dozens of times throughout the course of a game; nothing special about it.

Just the right hit at the right time it seems.

wile

Master
Yeah I hope he is ok and recovers. Someone on twitter posted a story about a hockey player for the Islanders that took a slap shot to the chest had the como heart attack they are talking about, recovered and played 12 more years.

booth

Mentor
This kind of injury occurs in little league baseball too often. I couldn't believe the numbers when I researched baseball. I remembered a player dying a few years back and looked it up. You will not believe the number of deaths due to this same trauma.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Recently a Danish soccer player collapsed on the field from a heart attack.
The scene on field was very similar to last again.
He eventually recovered, and played soccer again.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
So has there been a decision made on how the Buffalo and Cincy game W/L record will be decided since the game wasn't played? Both teams were trying to improve their seeding and Buffalo was trying to get home field. This is a never before occurrence so we are in new territory... Anyone know the latest?

Flint

Mentor
So has there been a decision made on how the Buffalo and Cincy game W/L record will be decided since the game wasn't played? Both teams were trying to improve their seeding and Buffalo was trying to get home field. This is a never before occurrence so we are in new territory... Anyone know the latest?

Thank God the NFL has offered grief counseling and therapy for players traumatized by this incident! I don’t know how they could be expected to play again? They cancelled the game and I think will never speak of it again.

Hopefully the school kids in Buffalo will not be expected to attend class for a while. The heartless bastards at my work place expected me to show up today!

El Gringo

Mentor
Thank God the NFL has offered grief counseling and therapy for players traumatized by this incident! I don’t know how they could be expected to play again? They cancelled the game and I think will never speak of it again.

Hopefully the school kids in Buffalo will not be expected to attend class for a while. The heartless bastards at my work place expected me to show up today!

I hear you my friend. I wish Damar well as he seems like a good guy but to see grown men crying on the field is pathetic. https://www.google.com/search?q=you...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3a1adf71,vid:7nqcgUDoV_M

Wildcat

Been wondering the same thing. If they do not reschedule the game or award both cinci and buffalo a tie it seems Kansas City would benefit greatly with seeding

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Got a bad feeling if KC gets home field advantage which very likely now (ya think?) and going to the SB (I'm not saying they dont deserve it but dang)...Also in Week 18 ends and I'm seeing either Philly or more likely Dallas getting the top seed and cruising with the help of "favorable calls" all the way to the SB, and therefore, we'll have the ultimate leftist negrophilia dream of two Black QBs starting in the biggest game. I really, really hope I'm wrong...!

wile

Master
Getting ahead of everyone, the NFL flexed the Packers-Lions battle of 8-8 doom to 7:20 PM on Sunday.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer