2022 NFL Week 14

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Its' hard to believe but it's getting later in the 2nd half of the Cards vs Pats and Hunter Henry is still the leading
receiver for the Patriots with 2 catches for 31 yards. Glad New England is up by a td. Hope they can hold on. I
really think the Cards play better on the average with Colt McKoy. Of course it doesn't mean anything as they would
never bench Murray even if he went 0-16 after the huge contract.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good on Troy Aikman for saying during this stinker, "There's a lot of bad football being played this year, especially on the offensive side of the ball." He was critical at various times during this game and other games, but he does it subtly more than blatantly. But he's still remains quite the jolly fellow. :sisi1

The Hock

Master
I wonder if Carlton Davis's career will be defined by the stiff arm he caught from McCaffrey the way one stiff arm defined Chris Conte's career? Are the DWF's calling for Davis's head?

As an aside I was watching some crime noir tonight "New York Confidential" with Richard Conte. Turns out the actor's grandson is Chris Conte. And in an ironic twist in one scene Richard gives some lippy dame a nice stiff arm to the face.

Warhawk_46

Master
They did have one play on the outside where Scotty Miller blew by his defender for a sure touchdown catch. Brady underthrew him by 3 to 5 yards. Miller had to wait for the ball and come back towards it. The pass ended up hitting the cornerback on the left shoulder who never
looked back towards the ball. It would have be a very easy interception if he had. Brady can still sling it but has lost some strength in his arm
which effects his deep throws the most and sometimes his medium throws. To his credit, Brady is still 4th in the NFL in passing yards!
That is a good point, Brady has lost a bit on the deep ball but he is still a very good player at the position. No longer All-Pro level but very good. Unfortunately, he is getting next to nothing from the rest of his team.

Rocky B

Master
I wonder if Carlton Davis's career will be defined by the stiff arm he caught from McCaffrey the way one stiff arm defined Chris Conte's career? Are the DWF's calling for Davis's head?

As an aside I was watching some crime noir tonight "New York Confidential" with Richard Conte. Turns out the actor's grandson is Chris Conte. And in an ironic twist in one scene Richard gives some lippy dame a nice stiff arm to the face.
His grandad was also in The Godfather. I’ll never forget that play. It was Vance McDonald that dropped Conte. White on white crime.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Pretty amazing downfall for Wilson.
I think we might have to admit something that we are all not wanting to do. Wigger Pete is actually a good head coach (gasp, I can’t believe I typed that). Look what he’s done with a retread like Geno Smith this year.

wile

Master
I think we might have to admit something that we are all not wanting to do. Wigger Pete is actually a good head coach (gasp, I can’t believe I typed that). Look what he’s done with a retread like Geno Smith this year.

Yep he gave Wilson a game plan he could execute, unlike the clown coaches that expect every white QB to be Dan Marino II. Maybe someone should sent those coaches game film of Fran Tarkenton.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Fatt Matt and Joe Judge certainly doing no favors with the offensive game plan for Mac Jones
The Genius and his buffoonish bunch of coaches are doing their best to ruin Mac Jones. The scheming, play calling and offensive weapons assembled are all terrible.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
His grandad was also in The Godfather. I’ll never forget that play. It was Vance McDonald that dropped Conte. White on white crime.
My favorite Conte play was his diving interception against Rodgers in the back of the end zone.

backrow

Hall of Famer

and McDonald was about 270 and 6'4... so not exactly an even match for Conte!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

He probably saw that Wilson’s ability was in decline. That’s about it. Smiff put up a vintage performance against Carolina this past week. I will say that the success of Pete’s plantation was based around running the ball and a good defense. Wilson certainly doesn’t look like the type to carry an offense on his own as he is being asked to do in Denver.

Have to wonder what the Cardinals are thinking too. They gave all that money to
an undersized QB who will now not have the same running ability. Money well spent!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Plantation Pete always has a good Defense and balanced run game.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’ve got to push back a little on Seattle this year. While the running and good defense formula worked in the past (especially in Wilson’s heyday), they’ve not been built that way this year. The running game has been hit or miss, mostly due to injury, and the defense has been terrible. This year a good deal of their success has been from passing it and Geno has actually been good. I don’t think it’ll last, as they are already starting to decline and probably miss the playoffs. I just think that all things considered, Wigger Pete has done a good job this year having the team perform above their talent.

icsept

Master
Kevin Lockett and DJ Metcalf are elite receivers. Weapons matter, and they made/make Russell and Geno look better. Plus, the Seahawks have a nice group of White tight ends.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m not prepared to do that just yet…

wile

Master
Chomping Pete is a decent coach, and IMO or WAG he knows he can get away with a simple game plan for a black QB, if he did his work for a high draft choice white QB he would be sitting at home.

Warhawk_46

Master
Maybe there’s something to be said for simplifying the game quite a bit. Especially when you consider defenses are majority, black, and thus lacking in the intelligence department, simplifying, the office could do wonders for the young white quarterbacks.

greyghost

Mentor
Can I ask what are Vance mueller raiders ....I know he was an ncaa champ long jumper ..and 4 by 400 meter ncaa champ ....