2022 NFL Playoffs Divisional Round

Shanahan's stubborness and unwillingness to change has been his undoing in big games and right now it's looking like this will be no different.

Kaptain

Master
Shanahan's stubborness and unwillingness to change has been his undoing in big games and right now it's looking like this will be no different.
Yep, it's a draw a play in the dirt moment and he's busy looking at his meaningless sheet. You can't put a QB out on the field that can't throw past 5 yards.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The game is over. Looking ahead Let’s hope Purdy’s injury is something he can bounce back from and its not that serious.

Warhawk_46

Master
Yep, it's a draw a play in the dirt moment and he's busy looking at his meaningless sheet. You can't put a QB out on the field that can't throw past 5 yards.
Boggles the mind that these supposedly great coaches can’t actually coach rather than follow a script. San Fransisco has nothing to lose… no one expects them to win. Just get the run game going, McCaffrey out of the wildcat and have fun… go for broke. Between CMC and Samuel they should be able to make shorter passes and at least keep the defense somewhat honest.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This sucks. Cmac had 55 yards rushing in the first half. He has touched the ball only once in the 2nd half. Now even if they had
the ball they have to pass every down. It's over. Such a sad way for the Niners Season to end. Just horrible luck and bad refs today.

icsept

Master
Just one of those games where nothing went right for the 49ers. Eagles are a good team. I imagine they’ll be a favorite over the Chiefs or Bengals.

LunchPale42

A horrible game. Gifted by the refs at least 3/4 TDs. The other gifted by another Quota. I bet JJ gives Hurts a bigggg hug at the end of the game.

Is it just me, or have the Eagles had the easiest path to the Super Bowl in a long, long time?

- Played through a below average division, including getting Cooper Rush at QB against Dallas
- Played the AFC South, the worst division in the league
- Drew the Steelers, Saints, and Cardinals in non-divisional play, all of whom regressed massively or had backup QBs
- Got a bye playing through, according to some sites, the 2nd easiest schedule in the league
- Played a near .500 Giants team in a total rebuild in the divisional round
- Enter the NFCCG against a 3rd stringer, end up playing a 4th string journeyman who then also exits the game

Planned on rooting against the Chiefs the rest of the way through, but with how arrogant this team has become I can't help but root against Philly. Jalen Hurts has really turned into a smug douche, along with his coach Srianni.

El Gringo

Mentor
Is it just me, or have the Eagles had the easiest path to the Super Bowl in a long, long time?

- Played through a below average division, including getting Cooper Rush at QB against Dallas
- Drew the Steelers, Saints, and Cardinals in non-divisional play, all of whom regressed massively or had backup QBs
- Got a bye playing through, according to some sites, the 2nd easiest schedule in the league
- Enter the NFCCG against a 3rd stringer, end up playing a 4th string journeyman who then also exits the game

Planned on rooting against the Chiefs the rest of the way through, but with how arrogant this team has become I can't help but root against Philly. Jalen Hurts has really turned into a smug douche, along with his coach Srianni.

Great rundown!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Well said! Sirianni is a huge douche - pushed Wentz out of Philly along with little hat Howie. Hurts isn’t good, he’s a system qb. They luck out with having the hottest qb in the league get injured.

Let’s hope Burrow plays well tonight and the Bengals win.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This loss is on Shanahan for not having a decent backup QB once Garappolo got hurt. There's a reason Johnson's been on 50 different teams or whatever it is and Johnson was the backup not the third stringer with Garappolo out. Having a contingency in place for an injury to Purdy was a basic that was completely ignored.

jphoss

Mentor
Every scoring drive by the eagles was aided by a penalty or a missed review. Worst case scenario with such insufferable DWF

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hurts was excellent this season, let's be fair. Over 4,400 total yards with 37 TDs and just 6 interceptions. That's elite production, a helluva lot more than just being a system QB or game manager. He's been hobbled the last few games with a shoulder issue but before that he was damn good passing and running. I was rooting for the 49ers but am willing to give Philly credit for being a very good team on both sides of the ball this year.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Say what you want about the Eagles path, but as far as I know there's NO REASON to call Hurts a Douche. As far as I know he's done nothing wrong but take advantage of the opportunity he's been given. Seems like a good guy as far as I know. If I've missed something on Hurts, let me know me know. I don't like this outcome either, but calling the opposing QB undeserved names doesn't make us look good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can't watch it anymore. Just one of those days where Murphys Law finally caught up with the Niners. What a story book season until today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hurts was excellent this season, let's be fair. Over 4,400 total yards with 37 TDs and just 6 interceptions. That's elite production, a helluva lot more than just being a system QB or game manager. He's been hobbled the last few games with a shoulder issue but before that he was damn good passing and running. I was rooting for the 49ers but am willing to give Philly credit for being a very good team on both sides of the ball this year.
Not hard to do when everything is stacked in your favor to be honest. The eagles did everything for Hurts they did not do for Wentz. I hate the eagles and dislike hurts. He will be another flash in the pan like Lamar Jackson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Say what you want about the Eagles path, but as far as I know there's NO REASON to call Hurts a Douche. As far as I know he's done nothing wrong but take advantage of the opportunity he's been given. Seems like a good guy as far as I know. If I've missed something on Hurts, let me know me know. I don't like this outcome either, but calling the opposing QB undeserved names doesn't make us look good.
I agree. So does blaming the game on the refs. SF didn't have a chance once Purdy was injured and they had to turn to the great Josh Johnson.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Please see my post #344

El Gringo

Mentor
The 49ers need to sign to sign Tommy to a 1 year deal and let Purdy learn behind him. Hopefully they can resign cmc as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not hard to do when everything is stacked in your favor to be honest. The eagles did everything for Hurts they did not do for Wentz. I hate the eagles and dislike hurts. He will be another flash in the pan like Lamar Jackson.
Maybe he will be, but he was topnotch this season, far more than a game manager. And he's always struck me as a well-grounded guy. Rooting for White players doesn't mean I have to dislike Black players or not give them any credit when they're very good.