2022 FIFA World Cup

Math1990

Guru
one of the few Argentine blacks (specifically mulatto), is the father of David Trezeguet Who had French ancestry (Well if you wonder why Trezeguet played for France having an Argentine father Trezeguet was born while his father was playing in France, Even so, Trezeguet started his career in Argentina playing for Platense and then going to France Specifically for the monaco team)

white is right

Hall of Famer
This story is total garbage as according to census surveys Argentina has 2 percent of the population as of Afro-Argentine ancestry and many are Mulatto to Quadroon types. So this idiot writer wants roughly half the team of Argentina to be Mestizo or Mulatto and for them to lose like a city state Latin American country at the World Cup?

The only sport I have seen Afro-Argentine athletes in is boxing and even there it's a rare occurrence. Here is one boxer who had a supporting role in Rocky....

PS the Argentine team has lost German-Argentine players as when I was younger I remember seeing German surnames on their national roster and it's been decades since I have seen them. This idiot writer would never talk about the dearth of these athletes on the national team.

Last edited:

Math1990

Guru
This story is total garbage as according to census surveys Argentina has 2 percent of the population as of Afro-Argentine ancestry and many are Mulatto to Quadroon types. So this idiot writer wants roughly half the team of Argentina to be Mestizo or Mulatto and for them to lose like a city state Latin American country at the World Cup?

The only sport I have seen Afro-Argentine athletes in is boxing and even there it's a rare occurrence. Here is one boxer who had a supporting role in Rocky....

PS the Argentine team has lost German-Argentine players as when I was younger I remember seeing German surnames on their national roster and it's been decades since I have seen them. This idiot writer would never talk about the dearth of these athletes on the national team.
players with German ancestry in Argentina that I remember, Gabriel Heinze and lussenhof

Math1990

Guru
players with German ancestry in Argentina that I remember, Gabriel Heinze and lussenhof
Federico lussenhof:

Lussenhoff.jpeg
But of the two, the most famous was Gabriel Heinze, who plays for United, Real Madrid and for a long time has been part of the Argentine national team During 2006-2010

Gabriel Heinze:
Gabriel_Ivan_Heinze.jpg

Math1990

Guru

Something that is gone, was Argentine players of British origin were prominent in the first decades of the 21st century

Some examples

Carlos "the English" babington:

licensed-image (1) (2).jpeg

Jose "Tata" Brown Perhaps the most famous recently, very important in the 1986 world cup scoring a goal against Germany in the final and playing with an injured shoulder

Tata Brown:

licensed-image (1) (3).jpeg

And possible Enrique Wolff

Enrique Wolff:

EnriqueWolff-02.jpg

For a long time (Between the mid 90's to the end of 2010's) there were no players of British origin in the Argentina national team until Alexis Mac Allister appeared

Last edited:

clement

Guru
on social media i have seen pictures of the french players and their origin next to them
giroud is claimed as italian
hopefully people here can understand how he is in a different situation than other players who are of foreign origin, as i have explained a few times how it is totally normal for a frenchman from grenoble to be also northern italian
i share that same origin with him, and i am not italian
northern italy is not italy, and women from northern italy who married french men were forced to speak french, to change their given name
that's why i was not surprised to learn that giroud's "italian" grandmothers were the ones who taught him the most about france
people from northern italy are closer to the true inhabitants from grenoble than people from other french regions

it is very different from the usual pattern of immigrants from southern european countries moving to northern european countries

on social media i have seen pictures of the french players and their origin next to them
giroud is claimed as italian
hopefully people here can understand how he is in a different situation than other players who are of foreign origin, as i have explained a few times how it is totally normal for a frenchman from grenoble to be also northern italian
i share that same origin with him, and i am not italian
northern italy is not italy, and women from northern italy who married french men were forced to speak french, to change their given name
that's why i was not surprised to learn that giroud's "italian" grandmothers were the ones who taught him the most about france
people from northern italy are closer to the true inhabitants from grenoble than people from other french regions

it is very different from the usual pattern of immigrants from southern european countries moving to northern european countries
I absolutely understand. Giroud has an Italian grandmother and they act like he is a Italian immigrant. It's like acting like someone from Alsace is German.

clement

Guru
french state media is reporting that benzema was offered to attend the final in the stands with the french supreme leader, but he seems to have refused
what if he is not in the stands? his team plays a final, and he doesn't even attend it? there seems to be bad blood there

Math1990

Guru
hearing about griezmann, He was refused by all French teams that he did trials due to size and physical strength, and the real sociedad From Spain (real sociedad It is a Basque team from the Basque region and Basque teams tend to look for talent in France due to having a part that is culturally Basque), seeing his talent, sent an invitation for him to train in Spain and he was trained there, I really don't understand how you can play for a country that refused you and didn't believe in your talent,

Another example is the aymeric Laporte french but created in the athletic bilbao other basco spain team, But he chose to represent Spain due to being one of the best defenders in the Spanish league and being bought by Manchester City of Guardiola and Not being recognized by France National team

Last edited:

clement

Guru
hearing about griezmann, He was refused by all French teams that he did trials due to size and physical strength, and the real sociedad From Spain (real sociedad It is a Basque team from the Basque region and Basque teams tend to look for talent in France due to having a part that is culturally Basque), seeing his talent, sent an invitation for him to train in Spain and he was trained there, I really don't understand how you can play for a country that refused you and didn't believe in your talent,

Another example is the aymeric Laporte french but created in the athletic bilbao other basco spain team, But he chose to represent Spain due to being one of the best defenders in the Spanish league and being bought by Manchester City of Guardiola and Not being recognized by France National team

same story for giroud too
he was said to be not good enough for the local club's reserve and turned professional very late

griezmann played his first professional match on french soil when he beat lyon with real sociedad in champions league qualifications

this is the goal he scored:

he kicked lyon out of the champions league with this goal

his father was a lyon fan and he was heartbroken when he did a tryout with the club at the age of 14 and was rejected

Matra2

Master
Something that is gone, was Argentine players of British origin were prominent in the first decades of the 21st century

Some examples

Carlos "the English" babington:

View attachment 3692

Jose "Tata" Brown Perhaps the most famous recently, very important in the 1986 world cup scoring a goal against Germany in the final and playing with an injured shoulder

Tata Brown:

View attachment 3693

And possible Enrique Wolff

Enrique Wolff:

View attachment 3694

For a long time (Between the mid 90's to the end of 2010's) there were no players of British origin in the Argentina national team until Alexis Mac Allister appeared
A few years ago I read the book The British in Argentina. Brits, but especially Scots, played a significant role in creating Argentina, bringing it its sports, building its railways, and a founding role in the beef industry which is now famous round the world and very high prestige in London today. At one point it almost became a part of the British Empire. To this day it has an Anglo community similar to Italian communities, Little Italys, that they have throughout the English-speaking countries. Uruguay was also impacted by British settlement and even has a football team called Liverpool.

Anyway, I remember José Brown's opening goal at the Azteca in the 1986 Final. I even thought at the time how strange it was that an Argentine would have a name like Brown. IIRC the goal was the German goalie Schumacher's fault as he misjudged the cross. Sadly, Brown died relatively young in 2019 of Alzheimer's Disease.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Deschamps panicking? Two substitutions in the first half.o_O
One who was pulled was Dembele, who was totally responsible for the 1st goal committing a really stupid foul on Di Maria.

Overall I couldn’t be more happy with the 1st half. Argentina’s midfield has been totally dominate and that 2nd goal was a thing of beauty!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Congratulations to Argentina and Messi!! Best in the world.

France’s Africans blew it in the penalty shootout. Just not skilled enough.

jphoss

Mentor
Not a soccer fan but couldn’t be happier with the result. Reminds me of when the white friendly pats were winning super bowls

clement

Guru
i would love to hear deschamps' justification for subtituting two forwards off when you're down 2-0
i lost all interest once giroud came off

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
i would love to hear deschamps' justification for subtituting two forwards off when you're down 2-0
i lost all interest once giroud came off
I assumed you turned the game off. Haha.

It was poor coaching that came back to hurt them in the end. Mbappe and 9 other African clowns just aren’t going to get it done. And honestly the game should have never went to extra time. Argentina had a two minute lapse which blew the lead that they earned by dominating the match to that point.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

It was poor coaching that came back to hurt them in the end. Mbappe and 9 other African clowns just aren’t going to get it done. And honestly the game should have never went to extra time. Argentina had a two minute lapse which blew the lead that they earned by dominating the match to that point.
For anyone who didn’t watch, France finished the game with 10 Africans and the French goalie. They subbed off every single Frenchman. So Argentina (White) defeated France (literally all black).

clement

Guru

it sould have never gone to extra time and never have gone to the penalty shootouts, how many times can this team squander a one or two goal lead in a matter of minutes :meparto:

penalty shootouts are mostly luck so they are lucky they didn't end up losing, it would have been a terrible look against an all black team