2022 FIFA World Cup

In my opinion, Macron forced Deschamps to bring Benzema back into the team because he knows the French don't like him and he's a sadistic pervert.

clement

Guru
In my opinion, Macron forced Deschamps to bring Benzema back into the team because he knows the French don't like him and he's a sadistic pervert.

:meparto:
i think it's because of the rise of separatism in france by muslims (mostly north africans like benzema) and the fact that benzema is the most well known player of that ethnicity
leading up to the 2018 world cup every year had a huge terrorist attack by muslims, often multiple large scale attacks per year, and in 2020 when one of the attacks killed a member of a protected class (the teacher samuel patty - all teachers are communists) macron enacted the law against separatism
in that context having a team that leaves out the most well known arab player felt almost like an insult or provocation

Last edited:

Math1990

Guru
Really? In Northern Europe I think this is seen - perhaps hypocritically - as poor sportsmanship.
honestly the germans in football are not known for their sportsmanship (Especially when talking about guys like Harold Schumacher, Stefan Effenberg Or professional divers like Andreas Moller and Jurgen Klinsmann (this self-declared)

even the most "nice guys" like Rummenigge, lothar Matthaus they are a bit arrogant

Incredibly despite the reputation of being cold,on football in the past the Germans had several hot-headed players, especially in the 80s and 90s, bernd Schuster, Harold Schumacher, Stefan Effenberg, Oliver Kahn, Carsten Jancker, Mario basler and others All known for their temperament on and off the field, one example is bernd Schuster One of the best midfielders (Played for Barcelona and Real Madrid) of the 80's but didn't make it to any World cup due to infighting in the national team with others players, Or Effenberg who in the 1994 world cup gave the middle finger to the German fans and never went to any world cup again (1998 and 2002) also never participated in any competition with Germany again (euro 96, 2000 and World cup 1998 2002),

Klinsmann himself was not someone easy to deal with either, I remember a game in which he was substituted playing for Bayern and he had a tantrum, even hitting An object in the field, From the 2000s this type of German player disappeared