2022-2023 College Basketball

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Drew Timme is owning Alabama. is that racist?

it’s now halftime, and so far none of the Bama boys have been able to even slow down Timme despite their completely diverse lineup. this must be that White supremacy i’ve been hearing so much about ...

the only other “privileged” player to set foot on the court is Gonzaga’s Ben Gregg. the sophomore has been very productive off the bench.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
there are a bunch of talented freshmen out there this year, so i thought i’d throw out my early nominations for the CF freshman all-American starting lineup.

point guard - Fletcher Loyer (Purdue) - the 6-foot-4 playmaker has become a stalwart leader for the Boilermakers (currently ranked #1 in the nation). a guard who can create for his teammates while not turning the ball over is tough to find regardless of classification, but he’s doing so as a true freshman! he currently ranks in the top-10 nationally in assist-to-turnover ratio. he’s also completely capable of scoring for himself, and has done so in double digits for the last 6 games. he’s not just a shooter, either. he can break down a defense and get into the lane or finish at the rim (as his viral dunk from a couple games ago can attest). the already-two-time Big Ten freshman of the week is poised to make a historic run for Purdue (along with freshman backcourt mate Braden Smith).

combo guard - Aidan Mahaney (Saint Mary’s) - at 6-foot-3, Mahaney can either run the point or play off the ball. his midrange game is a thing of beauty, and he’s already emerging as a go-to scorer for the Gaels. he’s averaging nearly 14 points per game while shooting a superb 42.6% from 3-pt range. he’s also collecting nearly 3 rebounds and almost 2 assists per contest. not surprisingly, he’s already won WCC freshman of the week honors 3 times this year.

Wing - Gradey Dick (Kansas) - a 6-foot-8 guard with athleticism and shooting prowess, Dick is already developing a knack for playing passing lanes on the defensive end. his 15.3 scoring average leads the Big 12 freshman class, and his 24 three-point field goals made rank second in the league.

Stretch four - Kyle Filipowski (Duke) - a versatile 7-footer, Filipowski became the first ever player to win ACC freshman of the week for the first four weeks of a season. he’s scored in double figures in every game this season (the only Blue Devil to do so). he’s also put up double-doubles in half Duke’s games, the most by any freshman in the country and the 4th-most overall. enjoy him while you can, because he’ll be gone soon. he is averaging 14.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.5 steals, and 0.8 blocks, while shooting 43.2 percent from the field, 33.3 percent from three, and 81.5 percent from the charity stripe.

Center - Donovan Clingan (UConn) - a
7-foot-2 center out of Bristol Central High School, Clingan has played an important part in UConn’s strong start. the big man was named the Big East freshman of the week after averaging 18.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in 17 minutes per game in wins over Long Island University and Florida. he also made 18 of 19 field goals during that stretch. on the season, Clingan is averaging 10.5 points as well as a team best 6.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks. most of Clingan’s baskets have come by either dunks or putbacks. he’s shooting a team-leading 75 percent from the field.
An excellent starting 5. They would give any team in the country trouble.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
An excellent starting 5. They would give any team in the country trouble.
Instead of Michigan we have our very own Fab Five courtesy of the main man Jimmy Chitwood.

Number 6 ranked Tennessee vs 9th ranked Arizona in a very late game tonight at 8.30 MST. Go Wildcats!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
is anyone else watching this Davidson - Purdue game? the Wildcats are giving the #1-ranked Boilermakers all they can handle.

what’s especially noteworthy is that for the majority of the game all 10 players on the court have been White (if you count Edey).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Instead of Michigan we have our very own Fab Five courtesy of the main man Jimmy Chitwood.

Number 6 ranked Tennessee vs 9th ranked Arizona in a very late game tonight at 8.30 MST. Go Wildcats!
The U of A Wildcats win their 25th consecutive game at home at McKale Center. The game lived up to the hype and
the tempers were flaring but overall it was a very exciting game to watch on tv.

Azuolas Tubelis led all scorers with 19 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block.
Pelle Larsson added 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.

Both of these guys have NBA Talent all day long. Tubelis reminds me of a combo of Tom Chambers and Keith Van Horn. He stands 6'11
and can blow by anyone with his athletecism. His footspeed is remarkable for a big man. The announcers could not stop talking about
how he is the quickest forward that they have seen all year long in the NCAA. Rare high praise for one of our guys. Tubelis can also
jump out of the gym and he leads the PAC 12 in scoring!

Pelle Larsson reminds me of a Dan Majerle type player. Very strong, athletic and can do it all. Think of a Mike Miller or a few other
guys.

Kerr Kriisa also had 8 points. 5 assists and 2 rebounds while commiting only 2 turnovers against a 6th ranked Tenn. Squad.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Don't know if anyone posted this yesterday as I was with in laws most of the day for a Christmas party, but freshman Gradey Dick of Kansas led all scorers in their win over Indiana. He stole passes, blocked shots, had some steals, breakaway dunks and oh yeah he can shoot. Going 8-12 and 4- 5 from 3 point range.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Don't know if anyone posted this yesterday as I was with in laws most of the day for a Christmas party, but freshman Gradey Dick of Kansas led all scorers in their win over Indiana. He stole passes, blocked shots, had some steals, breakaway dunks and oh yeah he can shoot. Going 8-12 and 4- 5 from 3 point range.
That’s great.

This guy is a total stud. I hope he stays at Kansas at least 1 more year, as I can see him projected as a lottery pick and might be tempted to jump. I think that would be a mistake as he’d likely ride the pine rather than be the man at a top program for another year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That’s great.

This guy is a total stud. I hope he stays at Kansas at least 1 more year, as I can see him projected as a lottery pick and might be tempted to jump. I think that would be a mistake as he’d likely ride the pine rather than be the man at a top program for another year.
I agree. My preference would be for both Gradey Dick and Kyle Fliplowski to both play one more year. The higher that they go in the NBA
Draft will give them a much better chance to start in the nba. Screw the typical racial apprenticeship. Our guys need to play now. We also
need many, many more white american stars in the nba as it can help change the outlook for the future. White kids born in America need
to believe that they too can play in the nba and become stars just like Tyler Herro. We know there's lots of them but they have to somehow
break through all the anti white propaganda.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Idk about Dick staying.. I thought Herro should stay after his one and done and its worked out great for Herro! Already dropping a career high of 42 at 22! I think Dick is also capable of becoming a factor early on.

We'll see how Dick plays the next two thirds of the season! By March if he's dominating like this, he should go pro.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a few quick comments ...

Purdue freshman guard Braden Smith is a player who needs to be recognized, though he (unfairly in my opinion) frequently gets overlooked because of his freshman backcourt mate, Fletcher Loyer.

Smith is simply outstanding!

despite being only 6-feet tall, he is an exceptional rebounder due to his bouncy athleticism. he hauled in an impressive 12 rebounds in Purdue’s exciting game against Davidson yesterday. he also blocked a game-high 2 shots. he is quick as a hiccup, is a very good on-ball defender, can light you up from deep or create for teammates, and (perhaps surprisingly?) will dunk on your head.

don’t sleep on Braden Smith.

has anyone noticed that Cal is winless on the season? LOL!!!! despite being almost completely diverse (they even have two Africans born in Ireland for extra diversity points!) and only letting one White athlete touch the floor (Lars Thiemann, a 7-foot German who is their top rebounder and second-leading scorer), the Golden (maybe they should be Brown?) Bears have even lost to lowly Southern. HAHAHAHA!!!

as to the discussion on Gradey Dick going to the NBA ... for some reason i’ve never come to understand, the NBA actually downgrades prospects the longer they stay in college. i am unwilling to advise Dick, because A) i don’t know his situation or goals, and B) i doubt if he reads Caste Football, but i will state authoritatively how the NBA feels: the NBA doesn’t evaluate based on collegiate production nor readiness to contribute to an NBA team. they evaluate almost solely on physical profile and “dat upside.”

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Wake Forest just pulled off the upset at home against the #14 Duke Blue Devils.

the Demon Deacons featured 3 of our guys in the starting lineup (including 2 sophomores from England), and they all figured significantly in the outcome.

the best player on the floor tonight was Wake’s 6-foot-4 sophomore guard, Cameron Hildreth. tough as a 2 dollar steak, Hildreth led his team in rebounding with 9 (tying the game high) and scoring with 16 (on 7-15 shooting). down the stretch he made one big play after another despite playing with an injured wrist from a bad fall earlier in the game. dude was cool under pressure.

7-foot-1 sophomore Matthew Marsh, also from England, is an offensively raw but long and athletic presence. he runs the floor exceptionally well for his size, and it resulted in a couple of nasty dunks tonight. he finished with 10 points and 5 rebounds, and his defense made a lot of impact that didn’t show up on the box score.

finally, 6-foot-10 junior Andrew Carr was very active on both ends of the floor, as well. he also managed to hit double figures with 10 points (on 3-6 shooting) and hauled in 7 rebounds. he added 3 blocked shots, and had a steal and an assist.

it was a BIG win for Wake.

for the Dukies, Ryan Young played well in a rare start. he led the Blue Devils with 9 rebounds, added a very efficient 10 points (on 5-6 shooting), dished out 3 assists, and had a steal with ZERO turnovers in 35 minutes. play him more, coach!

Kyle Filipowski finally had a game where he looked like a freshman. his shot was off (4-14 from the field and 0-6 from deep), he didn’t hit the glass as aggressively as normal (only 6 rebounds), and he had 5 turnovers to just 3 assists. if memory serves, that’s his first game without scoring in double figures; he finished with 9 points. i’m confident he will bounce back.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I was a bit off apparently: PF Alex Karaban was Danny Hurley's first white scholarship player from the 2021 class. He actually commited after Clingan, but enrolled midway through last season in January of 2022 and redshirted, which is probably why we missed him here. Karaban is now a starter and averages just shy of 10 and 4 per game. Hurley also added grad transfer Joey Calcaterra from San Diego, and he averages about 9 and 3 in 20 minutes per game as the first or second player off the bench. You add that to Clingan's 10.5 points and 6.7 boards averages, and this #3 UConn might actually be one to root for. I had no idea until tonight that they average 30 ppg from their white players.

Hurley even filled out his roster with an Israeli forward, Yari Hasson, and a Greek swingman, Apostolos Roumoglou, although they aren't in the rotation as true freshman. The 247 site doesn't feature either one as prospects, so again, easy for us to miss here. Both are said to be on scholarship, though.

There was a poster here who called out Jim Boeheim for only adding white players once his son Buddy joined the team. I thought that was a wild theory at the time. Hurley's son Andrew is now a junior walk-on guard, and the timeline actually checks out that his father brought in some guys that he would get along with after a lonely first year. All very unscientific, of course!

The Hurley family story is quite unique. The patriarch, Bob Hurley Senior, scored a job at age 25 coaching a small Catholic high school in Jersey City, NJ, which was shifting from a blue-collar suburb to a ghetto. Hurley Sr. coached the team up to national prominence and won 28 state championships in 45 years. I don't know the roster composition exactly, but I imagine that his sons were two of the only white players on his teams. Bob Sr. frequently turned down college jobs, likely because he was getting rich not from his parochial coaching salary, but from brokering arrangements for his players like college scholarships and shoe endorsements. This would have been "off the books" and unlikely to be mentioned in any family-approved hagiography. It stands to reason that his sons absorbed a lot of their racial perspective from their father, whose philanthropy with the "underprivileged" conveniently provided the means to a very lucrative end. The Hurley family now holds considerable real estate in New Jersey and owns and breeds thoroughbred race horses.
St Anthony’s was never in a ghetto. The neighborhood was actually one of the better ones in jersey city. Not that it makes a lot of difference but figured I’d mention it.

Course it was forced to close down once it enrollment got too diverse. Catholic schools in the cities in New Jersey can’t survive because the non white students’ parents don’t pay full tuition and don’t contribute above and beyond like the ethnic whites did. For sure some will survive (st Peters prep of Jersey City being a good example) but lost won’t.

St Pats in Elizabeth, Marist in Bayonne, Patterson Catholic, to name just a few.

The hurleys may have fought to keep the place open but ultimately you need a certain demographic to keep these places going. And that demographic isn’t there anymore

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Drew Timme has more points and rebounds (18 and 8) at halftime than the rest of Gonzaga’s starters combined (12 and 7). he’s done so very efficiently (8-11 shooting) while also contributing in numerous other categories: 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 blocked shot. he does have 2 turnovers, however.

the rest of the starters are an ugly 4-12 from the floor with 4 assists and 4 turnovers. yuck.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, University of Kansas freshman Gradey Dick is looking like a future superstar.
Here is his season's stat line so far - very impressive!
  • PTS

• REB

• AST

• FG%

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Drew Timme has more points and rebounds (18 and 8) at halftime than the rest of Gonzaga’s starters combined (12 and 7). he’s done so very efficiently (8-11 shooting) while also contributing in numerous other categories: 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 blocked shot. he does have 2 turnovers, however.

the rest of the starters are an ugly 4-12 from the floor with 4 assists and 4 turnovers. yuck.
Timme was completely dominant. the player of the year candidate finished with game-highs of: an ultra-efficient 32 points (on 12-16 shooting) 11 rebounds (including 4 offensive), 5 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals in 37 minutes. the only blemish on his night was 4 turnovers.

Montana gave a good account of themselves, led by Josh Bannan’s 19 and 4.

Marquette’s talented young point guard, Tyler Kolek, had a strong scoring night in a loss. he finished with 29 (on 11-15 shooting). he’s the only gym rat in their normal rotation.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
PJ Hall is unstoppable at the moment tonight against Georgia Tech. in 20 minutes, the junior post has scored 20 points (on 10-13 shooting). the Yellowjackets have no answer for him so far, but he did just pick up his third foul which sent him to the bench early in the second half.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Davidson, who starts five Whites beats Fordham, who starts five ‘brothas’, 57-43……..tonight

Can you hear the media talking about this? All I can hear is crickets. Now if Fordham won it would be all over ESPN and every other media site.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 5th ranked U of A Wildcats win again in their rivarly game against ASU. They won by a score of 69 to 60 on ASUs Home Court.

A. Tubelis with 21 points, 9 rebounds and 1 steal.

K. Kriisa with 12 points, 5 assists and 2 steals.

P. Laarson with 7 points and 4 rebounds, He shot horrible today.

Freshman 7 foot center Henri Veesaar played briefly scoring 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well it was bound to happen eventually. #1 Purdue lost their first game tonight by 1 point to Rutgers. It’s not all bad as Rutgers, to my surprise, has 2 White starters and both were instrumental in the win.

4 year starting PG Paul Mulcahy lead the team with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals. Fellow starting senior guard Cam Spencer had 14 points, including the big 3 pointer to put Rutgers up 1 with about 10 seconds in the game. I had never heard of Spencer, who is a transfer from Loyola Maryland, but he’s pretty good. Last year he averaged 19 ppg and this year he’s at about 12 per. That’s good for second best on the Scarlet Knights. Rutgers at 10-4 is a team to keep an eye on in the Big 10.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well it was bound to happen eventually. #1 Purdue lost their first game tonight by 1 point to Rutgers. It’s not all bad as Rutgers, to my surprise, has 2 White starters and both were instrumental in the win.

4 year starting PG Paul Mulcahy lead the team with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals. Fellow starting senior guard Cam Spencer had 14 points, including the big 3 pointer to put Rutgers up 1 with about 10 seconds in the game. I had never heard of Spencer, who is a transfer from Loyola Maryland, but he’s pretty good. Last year he averaged 19 ppg and this year he’s at about 12 per. That’s good for second best on the Scarlet Knights. Rutgers at 10-4 is a team to keep an eye on in the Big 10.

This sucks but they barely lost so again it shows their immense talent. Don't be surpised if they fall way further than they should due to most
of teams lack of a tan. We know how these things work. As long as they stay in the top 5 or 10 all year I'm ok with it. March Madness is when
it really counts. All of us here rooted so hard for Wisconsin when they had Kaminsky and Company. They were so close. A few years before that an almost all white starting lineup Duke Team in 2010 won the Championship. That was epic. Hoping for either Purdue or Arizona. Many other teams could be thrown in there but these 2 elite teams probably have the best chance to win the National Championship.
wp2441972.jpg

iu

Last edited:

Snow Plow

Mentor
Loyer with the winner for Purdue!

Attachments

• B223B877-9FA6-4E2E-87E4-140C469889BE.jpeg
    B223B877-9FA6-4E2E-87E4-140C469889BE.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 6

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A tough test for Purdue but I'm so happy they won! AZ has a tough game against Washington starting in a few minutes!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
AZ hangs on to win a close game by a score of 70 to 67 over Washington.

A. Tubelis scored 18 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 4 blocks! Wow what a night he had!

P. Larsson had 12 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals. Both of this guys were the key to the big win. The
AZ Wildcats still have only 1 loss all year long and continue to get better as we approach the 2nd half of the
season.